Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1539, northsidegal wrote:it's funny, i find myself going through reoccurring patterns and yet each time i believe that i'm good enough to change it the next one around. i'm often not.

unfortunately i don't exactly have a ton of time to really high effort this game. i am really curious to hear a more clear version of why exactly people think i'm scum, though - especially from pooky, who indicated at least some familiarity with my play on d1.

i'd appreciate at least maybe getting the chance to reread day one with the flips in mind, which i haven't gotten a chance to do. not sure why people seem to think that my absence for day two was somehow alignment indicative.
Did you just scumclaim? O.o
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:26 am

NSG AtE does not sit well with me and pooky gives me.bad vibes D:.

Butts.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:25 am

Post by cyrus62 »

vote count 3.3

Northsidegal
: (3),,Dwlee99,Enchan,Not_Mafia,
PookyTheMagicalBear
:(1) Northsidegal
Not Voting:(5) ,FleaThemagician,infinity324, implosion,GuiltyLion,PookyTheMagicalBearwith 9 alive it takes 5 votes to be kicked off the island
day3 ends in
(expired on 2021-09-02 18:37:50) p.s i think im doing good with vcs thank you
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Someone is evil

Who is it
I prefer they, thanks :)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Your mum
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Enchant »

Prodge.

Sorry, i have pretty much fucked day. And will have it for some time, so no mafia games today.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

the dissonant hydra is really hard to look for associatives i'm not really sure why i'm trying to do that. although i do feel better about flea now because and felt pockety and/or a way to deflect suspicion much more than a partner interaction.

implo- was pushing goats really early, and is just generally really towny based on the way he's digging for his reads i don't really want to explain this
flea- fae kinda townslipped and don't think fae is a goats partner. though, a little more plausibly scum than some others.
dwlee- i wanna tinfoil dwlee as scum but that'd be dumb probably. them being frustrated with not getting credit for the goats elim is towny.
nsg- pretty sure her only possible partner is flea here so not really into this elim. she's also just pretty towny idk
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

enchant- and [/post]1317[/post] feel very town-enchant from what i've seen of him.
pooky- would've had to bus bloodhail, still don't think he gets pissed over the murder elim as scum
nm- still think nm is scum who was trying to push the implo mislim at the start but got disengaged when others moved off it. idk i feel like as town he'd be more likely to still care

i'm missing a scum in flea, enchant, maybe pooky i guess. or it's nsg/flea.

VOTE: nm y'all can end the day or whatever
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 954, goats wrote:Their NM read actually has me thinking NM might just be thread spewed? He's receiving so many town reads (including even, I'm seeing now, from Pooky somehow), and while I typically don't like these kinda reads if I was a wolf with NM I would bus the hell out of that guy. Maybe the prior town reads on him though would negate that. Meh. He's still wolfy imo.
lmao is this a cheeky partner read? it could be
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:18 pm

In post 1581, Infinity 324 wrote:nsg- pretty sure her only possible partner is flea here so not really into this elim. she's also just pretty towny idk
Wanna expand on this for me Infy?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1582, Infinity 324 wrote:enchant- and [/post]1317[/post] feel very town-enchant from what i've seen of him.
pooky- would've had to bus bloodhail, still don't think he gets pissed over the murder elim as scum
nm- still think nm is scum who was trying to push the implo mislim at the start but got disengaged when others moved off it. idk i feel like as town he'd be more likely to still care

i'm missing a scum in flea, enchant, maybe pooky i guess. or it's nsg/flea.

VOTE: nm y'all can end the day or whatever
Wow you guilt me in to extending the day and this is the thanks I get, how dare you perpetrate this heinous act of betrayal
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That’s the last time I grant a hammer extension, whenever people beg for a chance to catch up it’s always insanely underwhelming
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

NSG when are you planning to do the rereading?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1581, Infinity 324 wrote:dwlee- i wanna tinfoil dwlee as scum but that'd be dumb probably. them being frustrated with not getting credit for the goats elim is towny.
Even saying you want to tinfoil is completely ridiculous. In what world does the goats hydra form a plan to push me no matter what between themselves if we are s/s? It was clear that the heads said something along the lines of "just push dwlee when you get in thread." (Quotes incoming)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:26 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 756, goats wrote:hi I'm here again I'm esooa I've read nothing
In post 763, goats wrote:I just skimmed the last two pages looking at nothing but post frequency/size and I'd say dwlee is a wolf based off this
In post 776, goats wrote:
In post 774, Dwlee99 wrote:I think goats is scum now
fastest omgus in the west
In post 785, goats wrote:
In post 783, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 782, goats wrote:
In post 779, Dwlee99 wrote:The most manufactured scumread I think I've seen. Scumreads me for post size when they do the same sort of posts as me.
Yeah I'm about to churn out buckets of content you're hanging back and lightly poking at things. Considering how briefly I've been in thread I don't believe this is real at all.
You said you read two pages lmfao
Actually I didn't read them I skimmed then without reading barely anything. And you're omgusing me. Before I even make real reads. Cause you're a wolf
In post 788, goats wrote:That's the use of snap reads they out wolves without even trying
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1061, Dwlee99 wrote:People talked about how the hydra is townie for dissonance when one of the first things the new head said was making up a reason to scumread me.
In post 1067, Dwlee99 wrote:Your first post was saying I'm scum for short posts, and then you scumread me for saying that was bullshit. That's your entire progression.
In post 1076, Dwlee99 wrote:Whatever, either you're scum and you are full of shit and I'm correct, or you have egg on your face when I flip.
In post 1077, Dwlee99 wrote:Also the dissonance wasn't even against scum agenda because goats was moving to pushing me before this head came in, and one of the first things this head did was push me
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Enchant »

Is therefory possible for NM to refuse to hammer as mafia, just because someone asked him? I don't think so.
Well, unless team is NM/NGS and his hand naturally forced, but he seems wanting to try again.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:55 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: N_M

If there's momentum on Pooky for whatever reason I'll happily switch but prefer this.

@Dwlee if nsg is scum, what person/people do you see as likely partners?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1584, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1581, Infinity 324 wrote:nsg- pretty sure her only possible partner is flea here so not really into this elim. she's also just pretty towny idk
Wanna expand on this for me Infy?
well everyone else besides implo and gl is voting nsg, and implo and gl are town. white flag gambit doesn't make sense because of the risk of a quickhammer, so if nsg is scum her partner basically has to be you fmpov. (fypov, it could be me, but still i feel like you might want to reconsider voting her)

i'll get quotes from the towniest part of her iso.
In post 1586, Not_Mafia wrote:That’s the last time I grant a hammer extension, whenever people beg for a chance to catch up it’s always insanely underwhelming
i mean i could've gone into more depth, but then i feel like you'd complain about me spamposting/wallposting. feels like a lose/lose

dwlee the scenario where you're scum it was a planned bus obviously, i'm not gonna get into this because i'm not considering you as scum atp.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1118, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1109, MURDERCAT wrote:If you want info and think dwlee is town yeet nsg who is actually good at scum
lol

are you joking or?
In post 1126, northsidegal wrote:wow, i wonder if my thought process is really so different from all of yours here.

the first point that struck me upon reading it was murdercat saying that i have a good scumgame. i think that one of the things that i'm probably most known for on site is that statement being basically the opposite of true. different people have different beliefs about the extent to which i am bad at scum: some think i intentionally flake or sandbag (i don't), some just think i'm incompetent, some have a ton of paranoia over the possibility that this is the game that i finally roll scum and turn things up. either way, basically nobody thinks i'm actually good at it. murdercat seemingly doesn't know this, and only comes to the opposite conclusion through a quick glance at a single stat at the very top of my wiki. this seems a little irresponsible to me?

now, i've been known to make some lazy reads in my time, but i think that this kind of goes a bit beyond that. it just seems kind of crazy to me to base a recommendation for who to eliminate off of such, to be honest, poorly researched information which ends up being completely incorrect. you guys really don't see anything super weird about saying "if you want info, elim nsg, she's great at scum"???

i'll also say that i wasn't a fan of the whole keep my alive because my d1s are bad statement (and i never am from anyone, really), although if murdercat says the same thing as town then i'll look past it.
In post 1128, northsidegal wrote:like, i get that in a sense i'm kind of doing the same thing i said feels bad to pooky earlier, but does murdercat actually make that much of an irresponsible read as town? like i said, i don't think we've actually ever played together nor have i modded a game he's been in to my knowledge, but based on what i've seen from him (from, say, the open setups forum) and heard about him from other people, i really wouldn't think that he would do that as town. this is a genuine question here, i'm actually asking if my perception is just completely off or not.
In post 1129, northsidegal wrote:maybe i'm such an old timer at this point that none of you guys think of me as someone with a bad scumgame??? i haven't rolled scum in a long time but i would figure that team mafia 2020 was such a horrible performance that it would still stick around

then again i guess that was like nearly two years ago now???
In post 1135, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1132, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1128, northsidegal wrote:like, i get that in a sense i'm kind of doing the same thing i said feels bad to pooky earlier, but does murdercat actually make that much of an irresponsible read as town? like i said, i don't think we've actually ever played together nor have i modded a game he's been in to my knowledge, but based on what i've seen from him (from, say, the open setups forum) and heard about him from other people, i really wouldn't think that he would do that as town. this is a genuine question here, i'm actually asking if my perception is just completely off or not.
i think this is more of a laziness tell than a scumtell. though, murder just going back to hiding behind his brick wall is infuriating and a little scummy. i would like to leave him alive for another day but jeez
sure, and like i said, i've been known to make a few lazy reads in my time as well, i just think that there's a certain point at which a lazy read crosses a threshold into being one that plausibly indicates someone might not actually care about the truth of the statement they're making. and this isn't even necessarily meant to convince you guys of that, moreso to just explain my thought process in posting , because strangely to me it seems like people are coming at it from a totally different perspective than i am.
In post 1160, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1159, Infinity 324 wrote:nsg's "i'm baffled that people are disagreeing with me here" is probably not an act
it's not so much that i'm baffled that people are disagreeing. i'm baffled a little bit at gamma's thing, but i think i've sort of come to understand the confusion—or rather, the reaction to what i said to murdercat. it's literally just because i'm out of touch.

to put it in a way that the modern mafia audience can maybe relate more, imagine if murdercat said the same thing to bell. or to creature (if you guys still know him). it just doesn't make sense – it is literally the kind of comment that necessitates asking if someone is joking. for someone who isn't super familiar or up to date about me who thinks that i must have a good scumgame or even that i just probably do (e.g. datisi), i understand the reaction to what i said. it looks like i just responded to someone saying something pretty mundane by saying that it alone warrants their death, which is weird.
this really didn't feel like an act to me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:51 am

.. is.. is that for me or fr you? o.o
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

for you, though i think it's good to get that in the thread regardless.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1592, implosion wrote:VOTE: N_M

If there's momentum on Pooky for whatever reason I'll happily switch but prefer this.

@Dwlee if nsg is scum, what person/people do you see as likely partners?
Flea, NM, or Infinity. But maybe my NSG read is wrong. Could do Pooky or NM I think. Flea seemed townie earlier.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

do you think nm agrees to quickhammer nsg as her scumbuddy?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Maybe not. NM also seems town actually so I'm gonna say Pooky should maybe be the lim.

Return to “Completed Open Games”