PlayerVotesVoters
Toogeloo5Dunnstral, Lady Lambdadelta, Lukewarm, Cabd, WhemeStar
ssbm_Kyouko1unwnd
ManateeGal1DrippingGoofball
Whemestar1ssbm_Kyouko
Lukewarm1Kate Bishop
DrippingGoofball1ManateeGal
Not Voting---Toogeloo, marcistar, GuyInFreezer

Oh hey it's an absolute banger of an opening; very cool.
No changes since last votecount but also it was over 10 pages ago.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.
The day will end in (expired on 2021-09-15 16:00:00), or when an elimination is achieved.
Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 1219, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1215, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1214, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1208, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1162, GuyInFreezer wrote:Also I'm going to throw this question to y'all to help me understand things.
What stops Toog from being a passive-aggressive spiteful town who stepped into the game on a wrong foot?
Because I see non-zero possibility of this scenario and ngl it's the big thing that's holding me back.
I want this answered btw.
A good counterargument to this statement will only bolster your scumcase on Toog so it's a win-win!
They don't match their town meta and instead match their scum meta
Kate did a whole thing on going over this
But she told me that she was being neutral about this!
I believe Kate has been thinking Toog-scum for a while
I'm currently waffling, having looked at some of his recent scum games.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1217, Cabd wrote:Nothing stops them but I JUST fell for this exact ploy from notsci and cephrir. Can't disprove a negative but spiteful anti-town play is anti town and going "lol but what if spite" isn't actually useful for game state. Anti town play generally comes from anti town. Pair that with my research on past modded games giving zero safe claims.
Ok. It is entirely possible that I'm reading into things too much.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 1223, Lukewarm wrote:because I have not always been sure whether you or notty or both were on, and I would interact with the two of you quiet differently.
If a post is funny and a little serious it’s notty. If it’s serious and a little funny it’s ffery.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 1210, Cabd wrote:
In post 1207, Kate Bishop wrote:
In post 1194, Cabd wrote:Phone post but SSBM is going to like my placement of Wheme in my list!
I'd like to understand you placement of ssbm when you have time!
Yeah probably our biggest divergence?

I dunno it's just an overall read. I think the pop ins have felt natural and not manufactured to any specific outcome.
I like what she's currently posting better than the posts from previous thread visits. I'm kinda puzzled by the town reads she collected earlier.

Rhiannon's read is different in that it comes in part from within the mindset from her role.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Normally in case like this I'd go "yeah fuck it lmao"
But I'll have y'all know that with double elim today, if we mislim both times we can potentially end up in MeLo Day 2.
So I actually have to be more cautious.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1220, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1099, Lukewarm wrote:Okay. I am officially caught up!

With a single read through, I am at

Town:
Dunn
LLd
Cabd, Unwnd
Gif, SSMB

Null:
Kate, Marci, Wheme

Scum:
Toog , DGB

------

(Manatee left off intentionally.)

Because someone else mentioned me leaning scum on her before, Marci is back to null mainly because both Kate and Cabd are so hard town reading her, I feel like I am missing something and want to look at her against when doing isos.
This is the list I was referring to. What strikes me about it is that I'm TRing everyone he TRs. He has Toog and Marci way lower than I do, but the rest of his SRs/null are low enough that it feels like if he is scum then some of my TRs are wrong.

I'm looking at something close to my own readslist here which is concerning me. I feel like Luke's catchup just now matches the style of catchup that he's said he does in the past (I think in Crono Trigger he said this). Where he says he reads ahead and posts things that will get him to where he wants to be rather than catching up and posting as he catches up. So the focus on DGB during his catchup really stands out
Like Dunn said, why would you not consider you and I having similar reads could possibly mean that we could just share the same alignment?

Also, I can go back and find the posts if you need me too, but I think that I said I scum read dgb before other people like unwnd and cabd did. So it is actually impossible that I started with the goal of joining that as a consensus read....

As for the catch up, I am not 100% sure I know what you are meaning here? You are correct that as scum, I don't like to walk into a thread blind, and will always check the scum chat / skim through before I start posting. But that did not happen here? Do you think that my catch up posts seem informed? Is it just because I posted a lot about DGB?

(Also, in Chrono Trigger, I think that I was mainly talking about the fact that I never would have been surprised to see Robert's fake claim if he was my scum buddy, because I would have found out about it before I posted)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1230, GuyInFreezer wrote:Normally in case like this I'd go "yeah fuck it lmao"
But I'll have y'all know that with double elim today, if we mislim both times we can potentially end up in MeLo Day 2.
I'm not sure the math works out here? Even if Manatee is using their role day 2
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1206, Lukewarm wrote:Well, wrt to that daycop, I don't know what else to tell you other then my first thought was "that didn't happen" because I know I am town, and I also think unwnd is town.

And then my second thought was "I can picture unwnd faking it to see if I would react".

The reason it was 2 separate posts was because you were getting my immediate thoughts, as I had them. I did not see notty's post right away.
why didnt u dive deeper into trying to figure out kate bishops intentions after the "unwnd daycopped you" thing happened..?
it looked like you were more concerned about defending yourself than drawing anything from it.

idk, but i think someone with townie intentions would use an event like this as momentum. so it seems a bit weird now that im thinking about this.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1223, Lukewarm wrote:Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1232, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1230, GuyInFreezer wrote:Normally in case like this I'd go "yeah fuck it lmao"
I'm not sure the math works out here? Even if Manatee is using their role day 2
I know something that nobody else knows.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1233, marcistar wrote:
In post 1206, Lukewarm wrote:Well, wrt to that daycop, I don't know what else to tell you other then my first thought was "that didn't happen" because I know I am town, and I also think unwnd is town.

And then my second thought was "I can picture unwnd faking it to see if I would react".

The reason it was 2 separate posts was because you were getting my immediate thoughts, as I had them. I did not see notty's post right away.
why didnt u dive deeper into trying to figure out kate bishops intentions after the "unwnd daycopped you" thing happened..?
it looked like you were more concerned about defending yourself than drawing anything from it.

idk, but i think someone with townie intentions would use an event like this as momentum. so it seems a bit weird now that im thinking about this.
It seems like you have stronger feelings about Kate saying unwnd day copped me then I did.

It did not seem like a particularly scummy or townie question, why do you think I should have dug deeper into it?

Also, I don't think I was particualrly focused on defending myself?? Like, if anything I was more focused on doing my 300+ post catch up...
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Spoiler: For Cabd Only!
Assume that I'm 100% town. What do you think the chance of me eating NK N1?
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1237, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Spoiler:
Uhhhh probably not super high until you were dumb enough to ask that lol? You're a lesser known face here Mr. washed up recently returned newbie newbutt~
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Marci, you are like setting up this scenario of what you think I should have done, and to be frank. I don't understand why you think I should have done what you think I should have done. (and this is a combo of a couple questions you had for me, starting with asking why Kate was null)

I checked in, I had 300+ posts to read. My number 1 focus was reading those. Then I was also in the background mildly responding to things being said in real time.

In my catch up, the Kate was not the most interesting thing happening, so they were not who I was talking about. I was talking about my town reads on Dunn, lld, and cabd forming. I was talking about my scum reads on DGB and Toog.

And when I was fully caught up, Kate landed squarely in the "I need to look closer at them" category of my reads.

but god knows I was not doing isos today, after doing that catch up. I have just been around doing real time chatting.

It feels like you expected me to already be 100% caught up and ready to engage with Kate, when that is just not where I was.

---

That most recent post from you give me scummy vibes, but cabd kinda told me to drop it, so I am talking to you like you are town today.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 1223, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1218, Kate Bishop wrote:
In post 1206, Lukewarm wrote: As for reaching out, I think that you will remember that I did not reach out to you in bork's game until after I had a town read on you. Well, I haven't gotten one on you yet this game, so...
And you think you can form a decent read of me without interacting?

I tend to give you space after ceph's game, but as marci said, there's a ton of data in our iso to think about.

Also, if you ever townread me on the basis of posting an effortful looking meta dive write-up, you'll be making a mistake.

If anything I put more effort into writing up meta dives as scum than as town, because there's what I found, and there's how I want it to be interpreted.

The publicly available evidence of my dive right now is anything but effortful looking. I'm intentionally holding back most of my observations because I want to see if anyone independently makes some of the observations that I did.
Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?

I have been a bit weary of you because my read on you has not been the strongest.
and because I have not always been sure whether you or notty or both were on, and I would interact with the two of you quiet differently

And to be frank, I have felt kind of the same way about you guys. That you guys apparently reached having me as your strongest scum read without interacting with me at all seemed weird. Like, I made almost 50 posts today after you guys asked about that fake guilty, and neither one of you responded or interacted with any of them (until now I guess)
my posting was shortly interrupted by dinner.

We have to prioritize, and one of the things I wanted to be sure occurred before this day ends has been my top priority. Fortunately, I think it's wrapped up for now, so.

You, ssbm and wheme, with a long side-eye at manatee have come more to the fore now.

It's not so much that I want to ask you stuff, at least not until I read your catchup stuff more closely. That's my excuse.

What's yours?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1239, Lukewarm wrote:I was talking about my town reads on Dunn, lld, and cabd forming.
Speaking of which: why?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1239, Lukewarm wrote:Marci, you are like setting up this scenario of what you think I should have done, and to be frank. I don't understand why you think I should have done what you think I should have done. (and this is a combo of a couple questions you had for me, starting with asking why Kate was null)

I checked in, I had 300+ posts to read. My number 1 focus was reading those. Then I was also in the background mildly responding to things being said in real time.

In my catch up, the Kate was not the most interesting thing happening, so they were not who I was talking about. I was talking about my town reads on Dunn, lld, and cabd forming. I was talking about my scum reads on DGB and Toog.

And when I was fully caught up, Kate landed squarely in the "I need to look closer at them" category of my reads.

but god knows I was not doing isos today, after doing that catch up. I have just been around doing real time chatting.

It feels like you expected me to already be 100% caught up and ready to engage with Kate, when that is just not where I was.

---

That most recent post from you give me scummy vibes, but cabd kinda told me to drop it, so I am talking to you like you are town today.
For reference, my catch up from post two and a half 891 to post 1099 took two and a half straight dedicated hours to do. And you are now asking, why I wasn't also at the same time digging deep into grilling Kate (who is not even one of my strong scum reads) and to be real with you, that is a silly expectation for you to have had for me.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1238, Cabd wrote:
In post 1237, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Spoiler:
Uhhhh probably not super high until you were dumb enough to ask that lol? You're a lesser known face here Mr. washed up recently returned newbie newbutt~
Yeah thought so.

I was gonna posture to be some hot shot OP role but I think I'm better come off clean than unsuccessfully bait NK.

I'm yeeted off the game during Night 1. I do not know if I can come back to the game thread afterwards.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@Dunn
In post 1209, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1205, Dunnstral wrote:Luke can you explain your read on me?
You feel a lot like you felt in bork's game, and I have found myself agreeing with basically every post you have made. About basically everything.

At one point I responded to a post, and then immediately after I saw you say basically the same thing. From my pov, it was kind of like you had read my mind, although it was during my catch up, so you obviously made the post long before me. But it feels like we are thinking about the game in the same way.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1243, GuyInFreezer wrote:I'm yeeted off the game during Night 1. I do not know if I can come back to the game thread afterwards.
All I know is that it works like a commute but staying commuted for unforeseen amount of phases, including the day phase. So I won't even flip. I'm just gonna be yeeted.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1244, Lukewarm wrote:@Dunn
In post 1209, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1205, Dunnstral wrote:Luke can you explain your read on me?
You feel a lot like you felt in bork's game, and I have found myself agreeing with basically every post you have made. About basically everything.

At one point I responded to a post, and then immediately after I saw you say basically the same thing. From my pov, it was kind of like you had read my mind, although it was during my catch up, so you obviously made the post long before me. But it feels like we are thinking about the game in the same way.
I missed this, thanks
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1245, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1243, GuyInFreezer wrote:I'm yeeted off the game during Night 1. I do not know if I can come back to the game thread afterwards.
All I know is that it works like a commute but staying commuted for unforeseen amount of phases, including the day phase. So I won't even flip. I'm just gonna be yeeted.
I don't understand why you're claiming
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 1245, GuyInFreezer wrote:
:(

I don't like this role.

Hopefully something can bring you back.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1240, Kate Bishop wrote:my posting was shortly interrupted by dinner.

We have to prioritize, and one of the things I wanted to be sure occurred before this day ends has been my top priority. Fortunately, I think it's wrapped up for now, so.

You, ssbm and wheme, with a long side-eye at manatee have come more to the fore now.

It's not so much that I want to ask you stuff, at least not until I read your catchup stuff more closely. That's my excuse.

What's yours?
This is like, a very aggressive stance that feels out of place in all of our interations in all of our games... Even when you were scum reading me in Bloodstained...

What's my excuse? For not interacting with you a ton yet?

Like, I already answered this... And I can add something similar to yours. I had other priorities. Like my catch up. And voicing my stronger reads. And then when that was done, I started trying to reevaluate and reach out to Marci.

It feels
wild
for you to come in out with this post, demanding an excuse as to why I was not interacting with exactly you, especially since I very much am/was in the middle of trying to start a dialogue with you

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”