Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3949, Kate Bishop wrote:
In post 3948, Cabd wrote:
In post 3945, Kate Bishop wrote:
In post 3939, Cabd wrote:
In post 3938, Kate Bishop wrote:
In post 3932, Cabd wrote:Morphood, no notsci heads allowed:
I'm trying to reconcile a lot of things, one of which is the scary thought that this isn't just scum-you taking a victory lap, but town-you about to mistakenly kill me here and it's a lot worse. I vastly prefer being in the former, you know? I've yielded thread control today to you to hopefully get more data here, but you seem extremely fixated on this. Did you expect me to come rip-roaring out of the gate or something?
Spoiler:
I didn't expect you to be as passive as you've been. We came into Day 2 pretty sure you're scum, but with an open mind. There is stuff that points to you being town. It's a question of if it's in your scum range, too, and you know the answer to that, at least from my perspective.

The way town has been mowed down, there isn't much room for scum to hide here. and yet.
Spoiler:
I mean I want to say "But like, If I see you're a masonzier there's no way I can't kill you night one" but you apparently don't think that's what I thought?
Spoiler:
That hinges on you actually getting masonizer out of our crumbs. Which is possible, but doesn't feel like the most obvious interpretation, even though my crumbs to you were Xenosaga crumbs.

I figured you were able to decipher the crumbing we did to GiF since it was from the For Us micro, and that crumb screamed "you have to come to us", which I also tried to tell you -- the bit about being wallflowers.

And yeah, us not being dead if you thought we were some form of masonizer does point to you being town. Like I said, there's stuff that points that way.
Spoiler:
Not sure exactly how I can sell you that such is the case other than to point at that game's flips. I was never even thinking you meant for me to look at ~MY~ role.
7. Flandre Scarlet, Luis Virgil, Order Aligned Blue Testament (Mafia Goon), was lynched Day 1.

18. Varsoon, Canaan, Chaos Aligned Realian Black Box (Vanilla Townie), was killed Night 1.
8. Kagami, KOS-MOS, Chaos Aligned Consciousness of Mary Magdalene (Vanilla Townie), was lynched Day 2.
5. Cabd, MOMO Mizrahi, Chaos Aligned 100 Series Realian (Town 1-Shot Permanent Watcher), was killed Night 2.
15. pieguyn, chaos, Chaos Aligned Avatar of Yeshua (Town 1-Shot Bulletproof Bodyguard), was killed Night 2.
11. MafiaSSK, Kevin Winnecot, Order Aligned Red Testament (Mafia Tracker), was lynched Day 3.

6. Cephrir, T-elos, Order Aligned Reanimated Body of Mary Magdalene (Mafia Ascetic), was killed Night 3.
2. Aegor, Citrine, Yuriev Aligned URTV #668 (1-Shot Global Roleblocker Ninja Neighbor Serial Killer), was lynched Day 4.
3. Angry Frat BROs, Margulis, Chaos Aligned Ormus Inquisitor (Town Neighbor 2-Shot Inventor), was killed Night 4.
13. Metal Sonic, Jin Uzuki, Chaos Aligned Ex-Federation Captain (Town Neighbor), was lynched Day 5.
14. orcinus_theoriginal, Allen Ridgeley, Chaos Aligned Unassuming Engineer (Town Conditional Hated/Jailkeeper), was killed Night 5.
19. Venmar, Pellegri, Chaos Aligned Ormus Zealot (Town Neighbor), was lynched Day 6.
16. sangres, Gaignun "Rubedo" Kukai, Jr., Chaos Aligned URTV #666 (Town Mason Neighbor), was killed Night 6.

10. pirate mollie, Erich "Voyager" Weber, Order Aligned Black Testament (Mafia Neighbor), was lynched Day 7.
Spoiler:
I named your character. :/ Partly for "watcher" and partly as an ask that you visit us if you could.

The thing that SSK did in every game he and I played after Paradox Prime was to visit me/claim to visit me if he had a night action. NY169, GiF's Ace Attorney mini, Xenosaga, and probably some I don't even recall. That was what I as asking -- for you to target us if you were able to, though given what appeared to be role entanglements with Marci, I had a feeling you didn't have an active night action you could target me with.

So many layers to those crumbs. :/

Does Gamma's role make sense in this setup as a sort of empowered snarky fishes?

Spoiler:
If I literally die for not reading deeply into morphcrumbs enough, I think skitter will sit upon my skull and claim victory.

Gamma's role doesn't really feel like a snarky fishes, it's PURELY negative utility as claimed?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

There's the vengeful bit. Does that fit the flavor?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm ugessing snarky fishes is someone with a similar role, but which game are yall talking about
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3952, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm ugessing snarky fishes is someone with a similar role, but which game are yall talking about
Bloodstained, Snark Fishes is a ffery-Bell hydra that was a supersaint that upgraded to a vengeful.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't think vengeful is a fair descriptor to my role given it's not me who gets to steer the kill
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3952, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm ugessing snarky fishes is someone with a similar role, but which game are yall talking about
The Bloodstained mini theme that Bork ran. Snarky fishes was my hydra with Bell. We were a supersaint as human and a vengeful as demon.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3918, Gamma Emerald wrote:I am Rem Galleu from How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, and I am a Doombringer. What that means is if ever I die to being voted out, the mafia get a bonus kill that they can use immediately, and they can use it on ANYONE, regardless of what might otherwise prevent their death. THIS IS WHY GIF IS PRACTICALLY CONFTOWN TO ME, because my role basically has to be implemented as counterplay to his. I also think LLD is town because of how our roles seem to mesh, with LLD being a tool they can use while alive and me being a tool they can use via my death. I had thought Kate to be probably town for the same logic I was applying to GiF but that ended up being a red herring, and I don’t believe I made things clear enough about my GiF stance that it could be inferred I had the “ability” I have, so it’s not town-indicative that they denied being bulletproof (which if I thought they could have parsed my role bit I was alluding to, in that case they could have let me be mistaken and falsely trusted them).
Where the hell are you getting "vengeful" from this?

This is straight up a modified Pooky the Magical Bear.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

I was curious if it made sense in a scum-gamma world for that flavor to be vengeful.

Ninja-
Hi it’s me the person with the question
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I looked at the bloodstained game, cabd has a point
my role feels much closer to beloved princess than vengeful
<Embrace The Void>

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Cabd »

I swear this entire setup is one big elaborate middle finger to the idea of setups going on for more than a day or two.

So much negative utility and killing roles.

I need to cross-reference this with Marci's early posts, hand on.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3957, Kate Bishop wrote:I was curious if it made sense in a scum-gamma world for that flavor to be vengeful.

Ninja-
Hi it’s me the person with the question
Uh, no idea. Birthing the demon lord LITERALLY ends the world so it's not like the mod could have done a "If you die to elim your team wins" in scum-gamma world?
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

Was just curious how that worked out with flavor is all.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

We're not birthing anything
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Cabd »

It's quite the uncomfortable squick flavor TBQH.

The mod very clearly went Yomi 1 lazy anime only flavor based upon how the LLD role and mine were generated, sooooooo it does match up in that regards.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

I feel like ours had a very specific component to part of it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't think jjh quite realizes the level of squick involved
iirc the thing in the rules about the meta section is basically an open invitation to discuss that part, in it jjh just calls my character and the anime she's from generic
<Embrace The Void>

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

Spoiler:
In post 3950, Cabd wrote:one of which is the scary thought that this isn't just scum-you taking a victory lap
btw this bothers the fuck out of me.

One: I NEVER 1v1 you as scum, not for another decade at my rate of development. I hated that this day was going down the 1v1 path, and was resigned to losing that battle though not without the best fight I can muster. That's town-me hating it. Scum me just avoids the hell out it and kills you (because prior to the claim hilarity, I thought you had some sort of dedicated bodyguard thing going on with marci).

Two: how you can think my day 1 play, including backing you up on marci even though my read was starting to crack around the edges based on her lack of presence and your passivity, comes from scum-me is just bewildering. I'd have to do something different as scum after 2181, but ~this ain't it~.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Cabd »

Look, when I went to check my crunchyroll premium I was offered two versions. The censored version and the uncensored version. That's kind of a sign....

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3962, Dunnstral wrote:We're not birthing anything
?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3966, Kate Bishop wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3950, Cabd wrote:one of which is the scary thought that this isn't just scum-you taking a victory lap

One: I NEVER 1v1 you as scum, not for another decade at my rate of development. I hated that this day was going down the 1v1 path, and was resigned to losing that battle though not without the best fight I can muster. That's town-me hating it. Scum me just avoids the hell out it and kills you (because prior to the claim hilarity, I thought you had some sort of dedicated bodyguard thing going on with marci).

Two: how you can think my day 1 play, including backing you up on marci even though my read was starting to crack around the edges based on her lack of presence and your passivity, comes from scum-me is just bewildering. I'd have to do something different as scum after 2181, but ~this ain't it~.
Spoiler:
Hi bothered the fuck out of you, I'm also bothered the fuck out! Notsci rapidly evolved, why is it out of the realm of logic to think you as well are capable of such growth given you have the inside track? Why on earth do you think you lose a 1v1 here in town you world? Notsci has the confidence of morph-in-yggdra right now. (just, you know, minus all of the right reads, as far as his on me is concerned)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3968, Kate Bishop wrote:
?
Why does this get a "?"
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3969, Cabd wrote:
In post 3966, Kate Bishop wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hi bothered the fuck out of you, I'm also bothered the fuck out! Notsci rapidly evolved, why is it out of the realm of logic to think you as well are capable of such growth given you have the inside track? Why on earth do you think you lose a 1v1 here in town you world? Notsci has the confidence of morph-in-yggdra right now. (just, you know, minus all of the right reads, as far as his on me is concerned)
Spoiler:
Personality stuff is the hardest stuff to change. And that's what 1v1'ing you would entail. You know better than anyone how what I am informs how I play.

If you get that reset/reread done then we can talk about our reads. Our reset happened N1. Claims and stuff impact it, but not dramatically, so far.

even having an opinion on our townpile would be something.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think they don't know what exactly you mean dunnstral
as I see it there's two things you could mean, one of which I approve of a whole lot more
<Embrace The Void>

Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3970, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3968, Kate Bishop wrote:
?
Why does this get a "?"
Rather than assume what you mean, I'd like for you to state it, along with any implications.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:08 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

hmm