Open 828 | The Brethren Coalition | Game Over!

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 399, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 398, Pavowski wrote:
In post 396, cyrus62 wrote:I think enchant may have been right. Wining day one was a fools gambit.
Please stop with this crap. There is lots of time left.
since you asked nicely help me iron out my five then. Me pav , save by the bell, nathann and hakin . Who do I keep who do I throw out . Do I keep the two jokers and toss out the rest or toss out the jokers?
Not sure who you're considering jokers in this instance but I'm fairly convinced on STD and I know I'm good. Why are you assuming you need to cut people from your list? Maybe you need to convince 4 of us that your list is good.

I'm willing to be sold on town!nathann. Want to make the case?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 400, Pavowski wrote:In post 396, cyrus62 wrote:
I think enchant may have been right. Wining day one was a fools gambit.
I will work with you but it's late I'm out of cigs till tommrow so can you wait . Also did you read all his post.and I'm always the joker/ wild card my other wild card is hakin.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

@pav I will try to make a town case on nathann tomorrow however this will be my 1st time making a town case I will do what I do for scum cases and give scum points and town points in his post but I think all town always have scum post very mild ones but they are there. It's a way of not drawing the nk. Since scum would aim for town they think they can't get voted off. So this will take a bit and I Wil need my of. But don't worry I use spoilers when doing this cuse I hate wall post.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

@nathann maybe you can case your self so I don't have to I may make you look scummy..
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Farren »

Pavowski, could you make a town case on Save The Dragons?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by redtea »

For the record, it will be made obvious when people have matching coalitions, it just hasn't happened yet.
*Old account here
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

If Pavowski and Cyrus can agree on a 5 that does not include Nathann I'll sheep it
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I would also prefer STD be out but if I had one "wish", it would be that Nathann is out
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Aside from me being in of course, but idk if that's likely. I dont seem to be winning hearts
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 379, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Oh Nathann spewed Farren. Its pre-flip but I'm confident on scum!Nathann. I also am not seeing anything from Farren to make me doubt that read.
Do you seriously intend to ignore everything I'm saying in this entire game and keep me locked as Scum because I had one (1) post you deemed awkward?
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 403, cyrus62 wrote:@nathann maybe you can case your self so I don't have to I may make you look scummy..
Not much more I want to say other than "read my ISO, it's Town". Any arguments I make will ultimately be biased. And it's early enough in the game that I feel like I'm not quite out of Scumrange yet. I can (probably) make one later if absolutely needed, but I'd prefer not to right now.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by yessiree »

apologies for not being active, busy IRL with work, will read up later tonight
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:18 pm

Post by Enchant »

Also not in mood arguing. If everyone disagree with my idea, not gonna complain anymore.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 412, Enchant wrote:Also not in mood arguing. If everyone disagree with my idea, not gonna complain anymore.
Will you provide your ideas as to who should be in a Town-centered coalition?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 413, Farren wrote:
In post 412, Enchant wrote:Also not in mood arguing. If everyone disagree with my idea, not gonna complain anymore.
Will you provide your ideas as to who should be in a Town-centered coalition?
I need to consider it better then.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 414, Enchant wrote:I need to consider it better then.
Still plenty of time left.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 404, Farren wrote:Pavowski, could you make a town case on Save The Dragons?
It's not the thickest case, and I admit I have some difficulty reading STD, but tonally I'm finding him relaxed and involved in a way that I don't really expect from scum!std.

He's also had a few genuine-feeling reactions to blips in the thread, esp regarding his reads on me, that I don't think scum would have.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 410, Nathann wrote:
In post 403, cyrus62 wrote:@nathann maybe you can case your self so I don't have to I may make you look scummy..
Not much more I want to say other than "read my ISO, it's Town". Any arguments I make will ultimately be biased. And it's early enough in the game that I feel like I'm not quite out of Scumrange yet. I can (probably) make one later if absolutely needed, but I'd prefer not to right now.
"Not gonna towncase myself, I'm obviously town" is not the un-scummiest take. But I can also see some frustration here on Nathann's part that could come from town!nathann being unable to break through and get some cred. Anybody have experience with Nathann to help put this in perspective?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:09 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 417, Pavowski wrote:
In post 410, Nathann wrote:
"Not gonna towncase myself, I'm obviously town" is not the un-scummiest take. But I can also see some frustration here on Nathann's part that could come from town!nathann being unable to break through and get some cred. Anybody have experience with Nathann to help put this in perspective?
Also upon further reflection (I've been for my morning run) wouldn't scum!nathann be absolutely willing to towncase himself to try to get into the coalition?

Town can't lose D1 but scum can...

I guess unless his partner is already looking good for the coalition

Meh, I need to think about some of the other slots
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:55 am

Post by redtea »

yessiree has requested replacement. The deadline countdown will be paused until one is found.
*Old account here
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 418, Pavowski wrote:Also upon further reflection (I've been for my morning run) wouldn't scum!nathann be absolutely willing to towncase himself to try to get into the coalition?
My stance on not Towncasing myself is that that Towncase would currently be quoting some of my older posts and saying "look at all this Analysis™ I am doing this game". It would obviously be biased and it wouldn't actually mean anything. If I had something great to present to you to absolutely sell you on me being Town, I would, but I don't.

If I were Scum here, I would absolutely be willing to Towncase myself to try to get in, the issue is whether I would think a Towncase like that would actually help me get into the Coalition. Maybe I would have more willpower to quote some of my older posts and write "look at all these Words I am Saying here!!", but impossible to tell. Of course, all of this is just wine coming from me, so.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 am

Post by Pavowski »

It's weird, tonally and based on this wifom mess I'm getting into with you, I want to townread you, but something keeps nagging at me like I shouldn't.

Meanwhile, this happened

HURT: yessirree

Will want to hear from the replacement obviously but stock in this slot was already falling
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Nathann »

So I started typing this right after my last post and then I got distracted. Anyway...
In post 271, Nathann wrote:For reasons, I feel like [Kyouko] shouldn't be rushing to read me on tone, especially not like that.
I can come back to this now, considering Mini Normal 2232 is finally over. In that game, both Kyouko and I were playing, and we were both Town. The reason I say that I feel that Town!her wouldn't have a read in me like that is because at the time, we were both already flipped in that game (so she knew I was Town there) and I think my tone here has been pretty similar here to what it was there. (I didn't go back to reread my own ISO there to check, but eh.) To completely ignore me based on a tonal read from a single post is bad enough, but I feel like she has enough precedent to see that my typing style is just like that, at least enough to actually start communicating with me and not mad tunnel me based on a single post.

Of course, now that that game is over, I'm looking forward to the explanation Kyouko will have for her read on me, because I'm guessing there's
something
connected to that game that made her be so sure in me being Scum here.
Hakai
Hakai
Townie
Hakai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Hakai »

In post 368, Enchant wrote:Hakai if you scumread me, why i am still in your coalition?
HURT: Enchant
I didn't notice, it was RVS.
In post 371, Nathann wrote:Re my Farren read:

Rereading the ISO up until the 300's, I think this read was more of a "other people look worse" rather than "they look good". And I'm partly wondering if I'm getting pocketed due to him being the only person to Townread me while I was gone. However, I can point out some posts that I did like.

- while "putting people who are putting themselves out there" is a potentially lazy take, I feel like it's pro-Town. The idea itself that more discussion = easier sorting if the Coalition fails is Townie, but not that difficult to fake. However, I feel like using votes as such early is promoting a healthier gamestate, in a sense? Rather, I feel that Townies who are being put in Coalitions are more likely to effort (I certainly felt it was a bit easier for me to get back into the game when I saw at least someone wasn't grilling me) and increases the odds that the Townies will end up in the final Coalition? This made a bit more sense in my head.

/ - While I disagree with the read on Kyouko, I find this kind of read/reasoning to be Townie. I don't see the obvious Scum!motivation for defending a generally Scumread player, and the reasoning feels pure? Like something Town would come up with, while Scum probably wouldn't bother.

- I know, I know this is defending me, but I liked the attempt at assessing my motives. And again, assuming Farren/Kyouko isn't a thing (and I'm guessing it isn't), Scum!Farren would be defending universally Scumread Town slots for what gain?

Okay, so typing this all out, I feel like my Farren Townread is more of a gut / in the moment read than one based on analysis. I
guess
I could see Scum!Motivation in defending Town slots likely to be outside the Coalition if Farren is planning to be inside the Coalition and his partner outside and he's angling to Scumread his fellow Coalition members... But eh. Still above the null line for me.

Though this did make me wonder - @Farren, what's your current read on Hakai, and what did you like about him initially when you put him into the Coalition? (Assuming it was more than the fact he was active.)
I vaguely like this post.
In post 396, cyrus62 wrote:I think enchant may have been right. Wining day one was a fools gambit.
No. :|
This feels like pointless AtE.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:42 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 422, Nathann wrote:So I started typing this right after my last post and then I got distracted. Anyway...
In post 271, Nathann wrote:For reasons, I feel like [Kyouko] shouldn't be rushing to read me on tone, especially not like that.
I can come back to this now, considering Mini Normal 2232 is finally over. In that game, both Kyouko and I were playing, and we were both Town. The reason I say that I feel that Town!her wouldn't have a read in me like that is because at the time, we were both already flipped in that game (so she knew I was Town there) and I think my tone here has been pretty similar here to what it was there. (I didn't go back to reread my own ISO there to check, but eh.) To completely ignore me based on a tonal read from a single post is bad enough, but I feel like she has enough precedent to see that my typing style is just like that, at least enough to actually start communicating with me and not mad tunnel me based on a single post.

Of course, now that that game is over, I'm looking forward to the explanation Kyouko will have for her read on me, because I'm guessing there's
something
connected to that game that made her be so sure in me being Scum here.
it's not directly connected to that game. I died early on there as I recall and started/played several games since. I dont remember having a strong read on you when we were alive, maybe I did, but I was probably leaning on Koba's reads pretty heavily.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Return to “Completed Open Games”