Open 828 | The Brethren Coalition | Game Over!

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 200, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:If someone does not vote themselves into the coalition in this game it is against the town wincon and serves the scum wincon.

Consider the numbers - there are 9 of us, it is 7-2. Vote yourself into the coalition. There are 3 scenarios:

0 scum: Town wins. Yay!
1-2 scum: from each town player's POV, there is at least 1 scum inside a pool of 4 where town has 3 muslims available. If there is only 1 scum, you get 3 shots to hit scum where eliminating randomly you have a 75% chance of hitting scum in those 3 eliminations (probability is 1 minus the chance of hitting town 3 times in a row, so 1 - (3/4 * 2/3 * 1/2), cancel out the fractions you get 1 - 1/4, or 3/4, or 75%.

And that's the worst case. There's a chance there are 2 scum in the coalition which makes it a 100% chance to hit 1 scum in the first 3 eliminations from a town POV.

Players avoiding the coalition are avoiding the thunderdome and are playing to the scum wincon, which is to send a sacrificial goat to the coalition and have a deepwolf outside to close the game.
That’s assuming it fails yes.

I am more for using the coalition to see if the popular vibes are correct. If we get 5 town awesome but if we fail then the excluded become the voice of reason.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 216, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Just throwing townreads to whoever is willing to work with you is not going to find you 5 town.
Kyo is town. Give me more of the wordy word goodness.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:54 am

Post by cyrus62 »

so here is my thought. pav knew save was town. by him pushing him there . it looks like he was reading him . pav was healing yessree till i looked like he was scum read. then math comes back throws some post pav town reads him. pav + math maybe. ssbm +math encant + math idk but math is scum .
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 240, Hakai wrote:
In post 194, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 189, cyrus62 wrote:Won't heal ebbs only person to ask to be in the five like 3 post why should we trust your town.
Because when I'm town it is obvious so I'm a good candidate for the coalition regardless of my.alignment. easy to catch if scum, easy to clear if town.
And if you're scum then the coalition fails.
In post 195, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 193, Pavowski wrote:
In post 191, Save The Dragons wrote:something about ssbm's posts bother me
Kinda sorta feel the same, but they're only a couple posts deep.

The good thing about this is round 1 isn't necessarily about finding scum, it's about finding town.

Ssbm doesn't feel town yet.
Implying I will feel town later?
VOTE: kyo
This is literally shading someone over their choice of words.
In post 196, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Also I'm pondering hakai's comment on Cyrus scumrange. Going to check back to owner's market blitz. It had a similar town-finding mechanic where players elected a market owner as well as voted for an elim on D1.
Slightly +town for this observation.
In post 200, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:If someone does not vote themselves into the coalition in this game it is against the town wincon and serves the scum wincon.

Consider the numbers - there are 9 of us, it is 7-2. Vote yourself into the coalition. There are 3 scenarios:

0 scum: Town wins. Yay!
1-2 scum: from each town player's POV, there is at least 1 scum inside a pool of 4 where town has 3 muslims available. If there is only 1 scum, you get 3 shots to hit scum where eliminating randomly you have a 75% chance of hitting scum in those 3 eliminations (probability is 1 minus the chance of hitting town 3 times in a row, so 1 - (3/4 * 2/3 * 1/2), cancel out the fractions you get 1 - 1/4, or 3/4, or 75%.

And that's the worst case. There's a chance there are 2 scum in the coalition which makes it a 100% chance to hit 1 scum in the first 3 eliminations from a town POV.

Players avoiding the coalition are avoiding the thunderdome and are playing to the scum wincon, which is to send a sacrificial goat to the coalition and have a deepwolf outside to close the game.
While this is a valid mech observation it also relies on you being town.
In post 208, Farren wrote:
In post 202, Hakai wrote:@mod I never healed Farren
That's showing me healing you, not you healing me.
Oops.
In post 214, Farren wrote:HURT: Hakai
HEAL: ssbm_Kyouko
Why?
In post 224, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 218, Pavowski wrote:Yet
Alright idk if scum jokes about this immediately after I call it out. I think Pav was scum in Dead Silence but that was a lolgame and I learned nothing. Leaning town here possibly.
This observation seems more likely to come from town.
VOTE: Nathann/v]
In post 235, Farren wrote:
In post 233, Save The Dragons wrote:seems pretty NAI especially if someone is aware of their meta

could also just be a complete lie
Breaking one's meta - even when aware of it - is easier said than done. Especially as scum. It's not impossible, but it is challenging. Especially over the long haul.

The complete lie is certainly possible - although if it is a lie, it's one that could be disproven with a solid meta-dive. Would be pretty risky at this point - it's early enough in the game that there's plenty of time to metadive her and disprove it, if it's false.
It's not a lie, I've played many games with her. The only problem is that scum Kyo doesn't really get scumread unless you know her meta.
Thinking about it, I actually have a lot of experience with everyone in this playerlist except yessiree and Farren.
Your reads suck but you’re town. Kyo is town here imho
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

maybe you have trouble reading me, MB :P
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:57 am

Post by cyrus62 »

truth is if math is town he . he is bloody awful at it. if he is scum he is good at it and getting him or ssbm in the 5 seems to be his plan then he plans on blameing the others for it failing.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:00 am

he's not awful at town and he's really good at mechanics

i just think he doesn't know how to read me :P
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 328, cyrus62 wrote:Save the dragons is right I play mafia the same way I live I post what's ever on my mind . But I also try to get town fighting each other so I can be the voice of reason lol.
And look at who is trying to claim themselves as the voice of reason.

This reads very much like truthtelling scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 337, cyrus62 wrote:Convice me ssbm is town.
Convince me she’s scum. She’s the second player I have mind melded with.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 353, cyrus62 wrote:I'm telling you lot I am scum gee how many times do I have to say it.
I believe you’re scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 380, redtea wrote:
In post 293, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:@mod, what happens if a Coalition is not locked in by deadline? Is plurality in effect, or does no Coalition occur?
No coalition occurs and the game continues as a mountainous, same as if a coalition fails. Will update the rules to clear this up.

If a majority of players want an extension I can grant one though.
How do we vote for an extension? PM?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 605, cyrus62 wrote:truth is if math is town he . he is bloody awful at it. if he is scum he is good at it and getting him or ssbm in the 5 seems to be his plan then he plans on blameing the others for it failing.
Again I lack a plan. Halfway jokingly debating giving you what you want as the coalition. Majority of the game townreads you imho incorrectly.

Either A we win or B you put me in the Thunderdome and we 1v1 or C you keep me out of it and I tunnel you. None of this seems bad to me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

Kinda curious where I know Hakai from. I don’t remember playing with Hakai
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:12 am

hakai is an alt that claims to know us all
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 613, Save The Dragons wrote:hakai is an alt that claims to know us all
I mean like duh but just more curiosity.

I wish them fun and alt hunting is bad but I am curious.

I just wish I had better town games on MS.

On other sites I am good town and scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:22 am

Post by Nathann »

Math, what do you find Townie/mindmeldy about Kyouko and Hakai? Because the two of them are (right now, at least) the two I absolutely want to keep out of my Coalition, and I would like to know if I am wrong on that.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 615, Nathann wrote:Math, what do you find Townie/mindmeldy about Kyouko and Hakai? Because the two of them are (right now, at least) the two I absolutely want to keep out of my Coalition, and I would like to know if I am wrong on that.
Kyo’s mechanics seem to come from a Townie mindset I like what she’s doing there.

Hakai while I disagree with the reads seems genuine and I can see the townieness.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Nathann »

This is a simple open setup, there's not much in mechanics this game that Scum couldn't replicate. Why do you find that worthy of a Townread?

And also, like, I can't see the genuineness from Hakai, that's why I am asking. :/
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:33 am

nathann needs to be in the coalition
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 617, Nathann wrote:This is a simple open setup, there's not much in mechanics this game that Scum couldn't replicate. Why do you find that worthy of a Townread?

And also, like, I can't see the genuineness from Hakai, that's why I am asking. :/
Just because a setup is open doesn’t mean people can’t have thoughts about it.

I am going to make an extreme suggestion to make a point.

Say a setup has a rule where there’s scum in one of two players.

More than likely just elim both is the right way to go.

But someone else could make the argument that’s a bad idea.

Generally you elim within a 50/50.

We have had several discussions regarding mechanics and hers matched my thoughts.

And I don’t know how to explain it but I feel it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:42 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 609, MathBlade wrote:
In post 353, cyrus62 wrote:I'm telling you lot I am scum gee how many times do I have to say it.
I believe you’re scum.
lmao . he just trigger my trap and you guys dont know if he is scum . shakes head you know what i'll do you guys one better if you think him and ssbm are town go for it. but when it fails dont blame me. HURT: all btw i said that to see who would push me for it.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:53 am

cyrus what do you think of the coalition nathann math and i have
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm gonna give Math a chance to finish reading the game and to then give thoughts, but I would be lying if I said I got a good feeling from anything I've read from him (irl) today. Which contrasts the earlier read I had, but hmm... Game hard.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Nathann »

I want to say that I am hoping that Math is just wrong Town and that everything is fine, but I'm not sure if I have that much faith in my own reads so far.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 622, Nathann wrote:I'm gonna give Math a chance to finish reading the game and to then give thoughts, but I would be lying if I said I got a good feeling from anything I've read from him (irl) today. Which contrasts the earlier read I had, but hmm... Game hard.
I did finish.

If you don’t like me then don’t put me in the coalition.

I am town then the coalition likely fails and we demonstrate that I am likely town.

I fail to see the problem here.

Cyrus is scum who has not answered my questions several times now.

Then he goes off about a “trap”.

I literally do not care who goes in. I am hoping we win but expecting it to fail long as Cyrus is in it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”