Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension || Game Over!

Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

In post 118, Knight Burgundy wrote:
In post 31, Knight Chartreuse wrote:I am looking for a Knight that can provide direction to my aimless heart. One who can capture my fleeting fancy and hold it, showing me the wonders of the world anew.
propose to knight chartreuse
hoo boy
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

In post 124, Knight Rose wrote:
In post 115, The Rainbow Knight wrote:I think the comfort level and carefree nature of Azure is very townie.
You're probably right :?
you can get a townread for not openwolfing ngl
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

In post 144, Ydrasse wrote:
"Dearest me, what is that!? That is no Knight!"

GuyInFreezer, formerly Knight Azure, has been replaced. As you know this now, you may discuss it if you wish. Please do not speak of the new Knight Azure's identity. Thank you!
f
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

In post 148, SirCakez wrote:Bye gif ;(
;-;
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Propose: Knight Marigold

I’m not feeling particularly strongly about Marigold but I do feel reasonably confident that I don’t want to see Azure paired with anyone unless the new recruit shapes up. I secretly felt the original was a little shady but held my tongue.
jesus christ
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

what the heck is azure doing
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Knight Marigold »

In post 240, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 216, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 211, Knight Marigold wrote:This was entirely similar to a thought I had on Lavender I'd noted down but had yet to post. There's a dissonance between their opening and talk of wanting to "go extremely hard" and their subsequent behavior of pairing rather quickly. That wasn't a stupid thought at all!
I will concur that it is not stupid at all! There is a very specific type of person that I prefer to pair with in games such as these. That said personality type was out the gates looking to get hitched forced me to play speed checkers instead of the slow and methodical chess game I'd laid out as ideal, but I regret it not. I can only hope that it pays as many dividends as prior.
Also, and forgive me if this appears as a lecture and not the genuine friendly advice and question it is intended as, but...

Why did you not hold your tongue to see if the knight in question indeed stopped giving effort and rested on their laurels before tipping your hand? Were I to be of malice, I would not have known you were tracking such efforts.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It was never a question of effort or lack thereof for me. It was a matter of whether their actions were town motivated. I thought it best to promptly respond to the mindmeld and affirm the validity of the thought. I had also just announced I was going to try to take notes prior to that, it's not like I was ever keeping it a secret.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Knight Marigold »

In post 248, Knight Magenta wrote:
In post 63, Knight Azure wrote:
In post 61, Knight Crimson wrote:Propose to Lavender
Page 3's the charm

I support this btw.
lock town
I don't follow.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

In post 257, Knight Marigold wrote:
In post 248, Knight Magenta wrote:
In post 63, Knight Azure wrote:
In post 61, Knight Crimson wrote:Propose to Lavender
Page 3's the charm

I support this btw.
lock town
I don't follow.
carefree posting n stuff
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Magenta
Knight Magenta
Townie
Knight Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Knight Magenta »

just trust me
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 156, Knight Lavender wrote:Is not the purpose of life to obtain as they call it "normies flirting status"?

Goodbye old friend of the blue and wine. You will both be missed.

I would like to see blue given to one who is as pure at heart as they.
Pure at heart, alignment-wise, perhaps. All of the bedroom talk makes me suspect they may have partaken in too much wine, however.
In post 157, Knight Daffodil wrote:I don't want to rush it, but I'll confess Rainbow still has my eye if I had to choose now. Perhaps she simply sparkles the brightest. Perhaps it's meant to be. Perhaps I just want to be near the center of attention.
That's a bold choice. I like your style.
In post 158, Knight Daffodil wrote:Oh, yes, I quoted those because I wanted to say that I think everyone should just choose someone they feel they'll be able to read and work with. Perhaps past dances will show that my way is in err, I am not a student of the art of poise and movement.
My main takeaway from prior dances is that you want to work in harmony with your partner as much as possible. Too often a hotheaded town will exit the dance too soon. Why not allow the rest of the game to weigh in on the integrity of one's partner?

You may have access to more information about them (the private thread), however, your partner may also engage in play specifically designed to pocket you. It's best to work with the whole group rather than make the choice all on your own.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

Knight Burgundy
voicing their fears of being left out, despite being a warm knight, and proposing to
Knight Chart
simply because
Chart
expressed a desire for a scumhunting partner (At least, that was how
Burgundy
interpreted it), has to mean something.

It was somewhat of a nothing-proposal, and I feel as if
Burgundy
had to have been aware of that. They said they were doing it because they were afraid of being left out (even though that made no sense), after all. They didn't express a read on
Chart
, either, they just proposed because
Chart
wanted a scumhunting partner.

Do they do that as a cultist? That makes little sense, doesn't it? The only way I see
Burgundy
doing that as scum is if they genuinely weren't aware of how weak a proposal that is.
In post 167, Knight Chartreuse wrote:Hrmph. That does seem so. Also I feel like he tried a bit too hard to ascribe meaning to my words, to the point I’m pretty sure he missed the mark entirely? I feel like my meaning was more emotional than practical. Which in a way means the words I used express just about what I actually meant.
I’m still a sucker for flattery though.
Perhaps. However, the meaning they described isn't even really an argument for proposing to you, if I am honest. "They were looking for a scumhunting partner". Sure, that's a justification, but it's also an admittance that you don't have a read on
Chartreuse
. It's so fascinating to me.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Propose: Knight Marigold

I’m not feeling particularly strongly about Marigold but I do feel reasonably confident that I don’t want to see Azure paired with anyone unless the new recruit shapes up. I secretly felt the original was a little shady but held my tongue.
Oh, so this was
Knight Burgundy

Mari
hadn't said anything for at least 4-5 pages. In fact, Mari also had rejected an early proposal for its lack of reasoning just a bit earlier. I am beginning to get the vibe that
Knight Burgundy
gives approximately zero fucks about how their proposals look or who they are partnered with, and they simply want a partner.

I about to call this cavalier attitude towny, but I do find the "but I do feel reasonably confident that I don’t want to see Azure paired with anyone unless the new recruit shapes up." line confusing. It does come off as an over-justification, although I may be mistaken, as I am not sure what
Burgundy
is talking about. What does Azure have to do with this?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

Oh, nevermind, Gamma was
Chartreuse
. I am mistaken. Disregard that last post. This is a most unfortunate time to be red-green colourblind. And doubly bad to have poor reading comprehension.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

Oh, I hadn't even realized
Chartreuse
is a shade of green. That isn't even completely the colourblindness' fault, that's also me not knowing color. All of the yellows and greens look like the same colour and don't get me started on red. I legitimately didn't realize
Chartreuse
wasn't red until just now, which doesn't make sense I know.

Pardon me, I am confused as hell right now sorting out who is who exactly.

Chartreuse
is green and was proposed to hastily by
Azure
. They rejected based on lack of reason. Later, they made a hasty proposal to
Marigold
on their main. I see what they are saying now,
Chart
had a scumread on
Azure
so they were expressing that they wanted
Azure
left out.

I remain very confused what leaving out
Azure
has to do with
Chart's
own proposal to
Marigold
. Too bad I cannot ask now.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

Oh my god I thought
Marigold
was
Chartreuse
in the last message. I am very sorry, their avatars look almost identical to me. I also apologize for clogging the thread working through my thoughts, but it's more or less necessary if I am to not lose my bearings.

Allow me to sum up what happened once and for all.

AZURE PROPOSED TO MARIGOLD. MARIGOLD DECLINED BECAUSE IT WAS HASTY. CHARTREUSE PROPOSED TO MARIGOLD BECAUSE THEY SCUMREAD AZURE.

If you want my conclusions, I remain believing think Azure is town. Chartreuse's reasoning is a big stretch for me.

Who. Was the one. Who was afraid of being left out.

That was
Burgundy
. I thought
Burgundy
was the colour
Chartreuse
even though
Chart
was the one declining
Burgundy
. I am so sorry.

At the risk of being wrong about the colours again, I believe it is
Azure
and
Burgundy
who I am hue-reading from this interaction and overall.
Chartreuse
has a strange justification to their proposal, since
Marigold
had already declined
Azure
, so it makes so sense to try and stop
Mari
from accepting
Azure
. And also as someone else mentioned, why is
Chart
assuming
Mari
is town if they have no read on
Mari
?

Chart
is either cultist or thinking fairly absent-mindedly about their proposal. The latter is sort of surprising given they had just declined someone else for having flimsy reasoning.

Of course I have no problem remembering
Azure
because I can see that colour just peachy. I am really frustrated about this right now, I am really sorry for clogging the thread with repeatedly incorrect posts.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Knight Chartreuse »

I feel you on the colors.

Going to read back after my chart reuse about your prior posts.

Have you caught up yet on things where they stand?

Also why are you bolding players’ names? That makes posts harder to read.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

That does make me wonder if
Chart
declined originally as a performative move. Of course, I guess all early scum declines are performative. Still, though. It doesn't jive with how their proposal wasn't very well thought out. It see that it was
Beige
who pointed out the issues with
Chart's
proposal. I have to agree.
In post 189, Knight Lavender wrote:I can easily make this promise, love.

I shall have no other account, no other passion, than your fiery embrace.
That is a relief. And I promise to have no affection other than what I give you, as well as present no mask other than this.
In post 191, Knight Chartreuse wrote:I do not know why my former self thought as they did. As for me upon looking at the game I think it was too early for a dance in general. I think everyone should be made to post so we avoid strong wolves pairing with strong townies.

Based on this latest page I wouldn’t be sad if Azure went dateless because I don’t like their posting. The vulgarity does nothing to help their slot and their ISO is lacking. I also disagree with Rainbow knight being paired with towniest slot. I think Rainbow Knight should make their choice and we read them just like anyone else. Rainbow knight is a PR that’s it. Otherwise hope you brought your pitons.
I agree with Rainbow simply picking on a personal townread.

New Azure's posting up til this post doesn't really mean anything alignment-wise, in my opinion. However, due to your suspicions, I shall review Azure's ISO and see if I still find it towny or if I am too hasty.

Azure makes a meaningless proposal on page 2, of course, that was a classic. Their reasoning being shaking the game up. It's a pro-town sentiment. Whether it was performative or not, I have yet to decide on. There is also which is something I mentioned scum is a liiittle less likely to post, but not by a wide margin.

I really like Azure's personality. That's not really related to the read, but I enjoy them. My townread isn't as strong on Azure #1 as I remember it being, I will admit. It's fakeable, sure. I like them though, they have good thoughts on how to play and I like the early proposal move. I will concede there's no solid townread there. I suppose that isn't a surprise.

I skimmed Azure #2's posts for the heck of it. I don't have any issues with them. I like their thoughts in even though they seem to be afraid of making dumb reads. I like the interest in pursuing Lavender rather than just scumreading her and being done with it (). To be honest, I sort dig both Azures.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 266, Knight Chartreuse wrote:I feel you on the colors.

This is going to be rich, but I thought bolding names would help me remember them better. It didn't work. I'll cut it out if it makes reading my posts more difficult.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 206, Knight Daffodil wrote:I am also having a little trouble keeping everyone straight, but I think Azure is town.
Oh, I feel a little less embarrassed not being the only one.
In post 192, Knight Chartreuse wrote:Ugh I wish we could eliminate. I only have a scumread in Azure. I have a couple of town pings in Beige and Daffodil but nothing to the level of a dance yet.
Is it possible you could elaborate on this scumread? (Especially about Azure #1)
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:06 am

In post 268, Knight Crimson wrote:
In post 266, Knight Chartreuse wrote:I feel you on the colors.

This is going to be rich, but I thought bolding names would help me remember them better. It didn't work. I'll cut it out if it makes reading my posts more difficult.
Please. It does.

I am very much a stream player rather than a wall post player.

I am currently working against myself to not slip who I am and having words bolded that are not meant to be emphasized makes it harder for me to find what you find important and what you don’t.

If you had to specify a townread of the warms who would it be and why?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:07 am

In post 269, Knight Crimson wrote:
In post 206, Knight Daffodil wrote:I am also having a little trouble keeping everyone straight, but I think Azure is town.
Oh, I feel a little less embarrassed not being the only one.
In post 192, Knight Chartreuse wrote:Ugh I wish we could eliminate. I only have a scumread in Azure. I have a couple of town pings in Beige and Daffodil but nothing to the level of a dance yet.
Is it possible you could elaborate on this scumread? (Especially about Azure #1)
Azure seems to be performance over substance. I can’t find a rhythm to their posts. I don’t see where there’s any logic to pick at (except 205) and that had to be pulled out of them.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 270, Knight Chartreuse wrote:If you had to specify a townread of the warms who would it be and why?
I just read a post of Daffodil's I liked where they expressed a townread on Azure. Swear there was more of Daffodil I liked. Ah, I liked the pursuing of Rainbow Knight, sort of the way I find pursuing the IC in a normal dance game towny. It's really quite inconvenient for scum to take that path, imo, because you'll be paranoiaed on til the end of time.

I'm looking at
Mari's
Daffodil's reasoning for townreading Azure, it checks out. This might be more of an "I agree" read than a townread. Who else is warm?

I mentioned I liked Burgundy's lack of giving any fucks when it came to proposing (despite being warm). Seems like they are both not cognizant of the setup as much as I'd expect scum to be, as well as not worried about trying to get a towny partner so much as just getting *a* partner. Overall really bad scum strategy from them.

I like Beige's (who is apparently a warm colour) take on Chartreuse, although I am not convinced Chart is scum, it is something I agree is very strange coming from the slot.

Rose I don't quite remember much of.

This is embarrassing, which one is Marigold... oh I fucked up again. Fixed it. I don't have an opinion on Marigold, I don't think an early rejection is AI and I don't remember anything else
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:15 am

I know that’s a rather unwieldy explanation for my Azure read but I have a question out to Yddrasse so I can stay an honorable knight.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Lavender
Knight Lavender
Townie
Knight Lavender
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Knight Lavender »

It is good to know I am not the only one who struggles with her name, in that I always tend to make it dd instead of the mere singleton required.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”