Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension || Game Over!

Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Knight Marigold »

In post 398, Knight Indigo wrote:Hi, hello, I am here. I haven't posted much because no one seems to be online when I have time to post. And most of my free time for mafia is being eat up by trying to catch up reading in a game full of fluffy posts. Everybody scum reading me for low activity is inherently scummy though and I'm willing to prove it by not dancing with anyone so you all can see my flip. I assume I don't need to get into the nitty gritty of why scum reading low activity players is +scum for whoever does so.
How does no one being online prevent you from commenting on the events that have already transpired?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Knight Indigo »

Because y'all were larping for 80% of the game last time I posted.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:19 pm

That's not really true, but okay
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Knight Chartreuse »

In post 398, Knight Indigo wrote:Hi, hello, I am here. I haven't posted much because no one seems to be online when I have time to post. And most of my free time for mafia is being eat up by trying to catch up reading in a game full of fluffy posts. Everybody scum reading me for low activity is inherently scummy though and I'm willing to prove it by not dancing with anyone so you all can see my flip. I assume I don't need to get into the nitty gritty of why scum reading low activity players is +scum for whoever does so.
This is only helpful if you’re town and provide reads.

Low activity is just one metric of many. If active players were scummy then I think the convo would be different. I think Burgundy is scummy. Do you agree, yes or no?

Do any reads stick out to you?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Lavender
Knight Lavender
Townie
Knight Lavender
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Knight Lavender »

That's an... extremely reductionist take. Do you care to quote what posts stood out to you as the 20 percent content, then? I feel like even whenn we post in flowery language, game content is being conveyed.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 401, Knight Indigo wrote:Because y'all were larping for 80% of the game last time I posted.
Awww if this is true I need my bean bag of magic missile. I am really missing out on the 1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3’s!
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Azure
Knight Azure
Townie
Knight Azure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Knight Azure »

I don't

Scumread Chart anymore

They're come to

We had differences in like

How we talk about things but

Too snarky and competitive and it feels more alone than

Someone who has to worry about partners
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Azure
Knight Azure
Townie
Knight Azure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Knight Azure »

Does anyone think

I made a mistake accepting Burgundy?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Azure
Knight Azure
Townie
Knight Azure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Knight Azure »

Uh

Not accept propose

I went with my heart
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:32 pm

In post 407, Knight Azure wrote:Does anyone think

I made a mistake accepting Burgundy?
I think Burgundy was scared of me potentially just exiting soon as D2 started. I think it was a mistake personally because unless Burgundy towns it up I think they’re probably eliminated and that would also elim you by default. Which isn’t a bad thing to me tbh since you’re not a townread of mine. You’re not a scumread either. You just exist?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 404, Knight Lavender wrote:That's an... extremely reductionist take. Do you care to quote what posts stood out to you as the 20 percent content, then? I feel like even whenn we post in flowery language, game content is being conveyed.
?????

Are you seriously asking me to spam the thread
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:38 pm

I have 0 qualms about leaving Indigo out of the game if this is how they're going to play, and if they're town the blame lies entirely with them. I don't have the patience to try to force someone to play.

I liked both Azure and Chartreuse, on balance. I'm less certain of their partners here. I don't feel that Burgundy or Beige have especially towntold.

I feel like I'm being avoided this game. By the time I reached Daffodil's comment about not remembering anything I've posted, it started to unsettle me. I don't feel as though I've been especially opaque but I can scarcely draw a comment from most people. Magenta actually bothering to respond to something I said with a townread flattered me enough that I might say sod it and just work with them.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:42 pm

I guess Chartreuse-Beige isn't official yet, even though I'm treating it like it is. A lot of people seem to be weakly townreading them, but I just...don't see it. There's some questioning, some quibbling with others over their reads, one spot of weak shade against Crimson, but not a whole lot I would say is truly town-indicative. What am I missing here?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:42 pm

In post 411, Knight Marigold wrote:I have 0 qualms about leaving Indigo out of the game if this is how they're going to play, and if they're town the blame lies entirely with them. I don't have the patience to try to force someone to play.

I liked both Azure and Chartreuse, on balance. I'm less certain of their partners here. I don't feel that Burgundy or Beige have especially towntold.

I feel like I'm being avoided this game. By the time I reached Daffodil's comment about not remembering anything I've posted, it started to unsettle me. I don't feel as though I've been especially opaque but I can scarcely draw a comment from most people. Magenta actually bothering to respond to something I said with a townread flattered me enough that I might say sod it and just work with them.
Same here. They dodged a direct question to me.

Also technically beige isn’t my partner until they accept my palette.

I kinda like this post so if Beige says no I don’t mind pairing with you either.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 pm

In post 412, Knight Marigold wrote:I guess Chartreuse-Beige isn't official yet, even though I'm treating it like it is. A lot of people seem to be weakly townreading them, but I just...don't see it. There's some questioning, some quibbling with others over their reads, one spot of weak shade against Crimson, but not a whole lot I would say is truly town-indicative. What am I missing here?
They missed => Indigo missed to be clear

I guess it’s more a vibe thing. I tended to agree with most of what their vibe is so good enough for a pairing. We could work together I think.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 pm

In post 412, Knight Marigold wrote:I guess Chartreuse-Beige isn't official yet, even though I'm treating it like it is. A lot of people seem to be weakly townreading them, but I just...don't see it. There's some questioning, some quibbling with others over their reads, one spot of weak shade against Crimson, but not a whole lot I would say is truly town-indicative. What am I missing here?
I realize that post is terribly ambiguous. I'm referring to Beige in the above. I feel as though Chartreuse is decently more likely to be town than not.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Knight Indigo »

Well this immediately got not fun
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:47 pm

Did it become unfun when you opened your role PM?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 pm

In post 416, Knight Indigo wrote:Well this immediately got not fun
What would it take to become fun?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Knight Crimson »

All I am doing is suspecting you, Indigo.

I will clarify on the Gentleman 9 point. Gentleman 9 had low activity accompanied by only reaching out to a single player to try and partner with them, in an attempt to mirror what some players had done prior.

As you can probably figure, no, I am not certain you are scum because of that reason, it just reminded me of that. After reading Seafoam's catchup, it gave me good feeling about them leading me to place more scrutiny on you.

Your take that everyone suspecting you is scum for inspecting the lower activity slots does not make much sense. It's also wrong to say we've been LARPing, I have been playing pretty consistently all game and I am probably one of the worse offenders.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 410, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 404, Knight Lavender wrote:That's an... extremely reductionist take. Do you care to quote what posts stood out to you as the 20 percent content, then? I feel like even whenn we post in flowery language, game content is being conveyed.
?????

Are you seriously asking me to spam the thread
I am somewhat surprised that's what you got out of that post. The point is, can you weigh in on some of the content or show some examples of the posts that
did
interest you.

It's a lot easier to townread than scumread in these games, I've noticed. I wonder why that is.

I'm not terribly bothered, though. We need only discover the towniest of the town and usher them to victory.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 415, Knight Marigold wrote:
I realize that post is terribly ambiguous. I'm referring to Beige in the above. I feel as though Chartreuse is decently more likely to be town than not.
I was going to say I felt that way about Beige but not Chartreuse, but I see this now. That's a good take, I feel.
In post 399, Knight Marigold wrote:
In post 324, Knight Crimson wrote:pedit: I sort of townread the warm knight hatred, though. Probably a little less likely to take that route as scum. Especially considering the cool knights are the ones getting eliminated right now. Plus, when faking vibes, I'd be a little less likely to scumread an entire side and townread the other. I recall a similar thing happening in the vampire dance, it's very inconvenient but sometimes that's how the playerbase is.
I care less about whether the reads are a tactic scum
would
employ (I don't really think scumreading mostly the side one is on is at all un-optimal), but what the rationale behind those reads is. The lack of justification from Burgundy is bothersome to me.
That is a fair enough point. I would have appreciated more descriptive reads from Burgundy. It is trivial to ctrl+C and give whatever vibe takes on the playerlist. It is something I see from town a lot, too, though.

I think it's perhaps slightly suboptimal for scum since one can't scumread town in order to save their cool buddies in this phase, but that's a minor point.

I will be continuing to think about Burgundy going forward. I didn't mention yet, but I believe I support the pairing they just made.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

In post 406, Knight Azure wrote:Too snarky and competitive and it feels more alone than

Wdym by this? Beginning Burgundy was sorta scummy to me, but that was Cakez so... I think their more recent posts look more normal.

Also, I feel like it's not really productive to ask the same questions to Indigo at this point. I think maybe just let them play the game and what happens will happen.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:03 pm

In post 422, Knight Rose wrote:
In post 406, Knight Azure wrote:Too snarky and competitive and it feels more alone than

Wdym by this? Beginning Burgundy was sorta scummy to me, but that was Cakez so... I think their more recent posts look more normal.

Also, I feel like it's not really productive to ask the same questions to Indigo at this point. I think maybe just let them play the game and what happens will happen.
That’s be great….if Indigo actually played?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

My take is that if that doesn't happen("playing"), then Indigo just gets limmed anyways. I think if Indigo is town right now, what just happened was sorta bad for their motivation.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”