Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension || Game Over!

Knight Lavender
Knight Lavender
Townie
Knight Lavender
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Knight Lavender »

In post 521, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 519, Knight Lavender wrote:A quick check with our most gracious host has confirmed that should a final pair be made, the remainder of our time is lost to the void.

Once five becomes three, those who would make three into one should take their time, lest we let haste make waste.
Do we need it though? A majority of us have scumreads and townreads? What does delaying do for us except stagnate the game?
It would seem that my words being mistaken for more than they are is a running gag in this game.

Treat my post as informative more than advisory, despite the flowery prose of the second line.

If nothing else, getting discussion on how to handle it is valuable in and of itself.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Burgundy
Knight Burgundy
Townie
Knight Burgundy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Knight Burgundy »

In post 522, Knight Daffodil wrote:I am happy with allowing the unpaired Knights to naturally determine when this phase ends.
In post 523, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 522, Knight Daffodil wrote:I am happy with allowing the unpaired Knights to naturally determine when this phase ends.
Me too. Well said.
Understanable, but I hope until at least Friday unless Sea will not get a partner. I'd like to sit down with myself and sort out my thoughts.

That also may be too close to deadline.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Knight Chartreuse »

I mean it’s up to those 5 who gets paired and who doesn’t. It’s outside our hands. Waiting until an artificial deadline feels a bit stagnanty unless you’re wanting to see something in particular. Are you wanting to see something Burgundy because setting a deadline of Friday seems arbitrary and antitown.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 520, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 512, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 510, Knight Magenta wrote:
propose to marigold

tbh i think both marigold and rose are town
Don’t accept Marigold, your instinct I believe is right on Seafoam.
I hate this post.

Indigo hasn’t given a read wall. They responded to the read wall meaning they have at best one scumread in Magenta at best.

If they’re playing to be flipped and town then future pairings should account into that.
If they’re town playing for survival then surely they’d have some sort of read on the remaining warm knights.

I think it’s Burgundy + Indigo + someone
Why? I’ve made it abundantly clear I like Seafoam more than Magenta. I don’t do walls and I make reads organically. I’m starting to question if I possibly dodged a bullet by not repping into your slot.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 524, Knight Marigold wrote:
propose to marigold

Raising an eyebrow at this. I don't feel as though I expressed any instinct on Seafoam's alignment, simply that I might be able to read them better through one on one interaction than the scant few posts they've made in the game thread so far.

I'd be grateful if anyone who has expressed a townread of Seafoam could actually elaborate on it, I'd like to hear the reasoning for it.
I could obviously be wrong on Seafoam but I tr them more than Magenta. What’s townie about them? I would really love to know.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 440, Knight Seafoam wrote:
In post 439, Knight Beige wrote:
In post 385, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 384, The Rainbow Knight wrote:You can't propose to me as we are both cool :cool:
Same temperature marriage should be a thing!

May I have this dance Beige?
I still have reservations from when Gamma proposed to Marigold out of the blue. I have better feelings about your slot after you talked with Azure. You are not bottom 3 in my reads right now, which means I don't currently want you dead. This is a good opportunity for me to figure out if you are town, so I will take it.

I will dance with Chartreuse
I think this is the first pairing I feel fully comfortable with. I feel like Lavender might have accepted a bit prematurely, and while I have reservations about Burgundy, I think Azure will be able to sort that slot (I am more confident that Azure is town than I am that Burgundy isn't).

A couple thoughts because I've never played in a dance game before, if there are 3 remaining and the lone warm knight suspects both cool knights of being cult, can they choose not to select a partner and take out both cool knights at the cost of also sitting out? Likewise, if both cool knights suspect the warm knight, would the same apply? Is there a merit or value in doing it this way? I'd imagine in the first example it's about equal to just pairing up and immediately stepping out.
This post seems pretty townie. Anyone disagree?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

I’m not playing to be flipped anything. I’m just trying to honestly give reads as best I can. If people can tell I’m town, awesome and if not, I can post all my thoughts which I hope won’t be ignored upon my flip. I would still very much like to be paired with Rose but if not, c’est la vie.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Knight Marigold »

In post 529, Knight Indigo wrote:
propose to marigold

Raising an eyebrow at this. I don't feel as though I expressed any instinct on Seafoam's alignment, simply that I might be able to read them better through one on one interaction than the scant few posts they've made in the game thread so far.

I'd be grateful if anyone who has expressed a townread of Seafoam could actually elaborate on it, I'd like to hear the reasoning for it.
I could obviously be wrong on Seafoam but I tr them more than Magenta. What’s townie about them? I would really love to know.
Are you just being willfully obtuse at this point? I asked for elaboration on your read. Instead you respond by questioning a read I never gave. It's like you avoiding trying to explain yourself.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 532, Knight Marigold wrote:
In post 529, Knight Indigo wrote:
propose to marigold

Are you just being willfully obtuse at this point? I asked for elaboration on your read. Instead you respond by questioning a read I never gave. It's like you avoiding trying to explain yourself.
I am really getting extremely tired of your unnecessary rudeness. I provided a post of theirs I considered townie. If you want to wrongly sr me fine but I won’t continue to tolerate your rudeness.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

Talk to me nicely or just ignore me. Your choice but I don’t have to put up with your continued disrespect and I won’t.

Marigold
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

I will seriously rather leave than to be paired with you, irrespective of what my read on your slot is. It really isn’t worth it to me.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 530, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 440, Knight Seafoam wrote:
In post 439, Knight Beige wrote:
In post 385, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 384, The Rainbow Knight wrote:You can't propose to me as we are both cool :cool:
Same temperature marriage should be a thing!

May I have this dance Beige?
I still have reservations from when Gamma proposed to Marigold out of the blue. I have better feelings about your slot after you talked with Azure. You are not bottom 3 in my reads right now, which means I don't currently want you dead. This is a good opportunity for me to figure out if you are town, so I will take it.

I will dance with Chartreuse
I think this is the first pairing I feel fully comfortable with. I feel like Lavender might have accepted a bit prematurely, and while I have reservations about Burgundy, I think Azure will be able to sort that slot (I am more confident that Azure is town than I am that Burgundy isn't).

A couple thoughts because I've never played in a dance game before, if there are 3 remaining and the lone warm knight suspects both cool knights of being cult, can they choose not to select a partner and take out both cool knights at the cost of also sitting out? Likewise, if both cool knights suspect the warm knight, would the same apply? Is there a merit or value in doing it this way? I'd imagine in the first example it's about equal to just pairing up and immediately stepping out.
This post seems pretty townie. Anyone disagree?
This was my response to you Marigold, maybe I’m not the one being “willfully obtuse”?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Seafoam
Knight Seafoam
Townie
Knight Seafoam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Knight Seafoam »

Azure, if you were to play matchmaker for the remaining warm knights, who would you pair with whom, and why?

Magenta, why Marigold over Rose?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Seafoam
Knight Seafoam
Townie
Knight Seafoam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Knight Seafoam »

In post 457, Knight Marigold wrote:Well, the situation changes at least. I still lean on
1ndigo's
behavior being scum-indicative but I'd like to hear from the replacement in the event they aren't.
This made me laugh
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:40 am

In post 528, Knight Indigo wrote:
propose to marigold

I hate this post.

Indigo hasn’t given a read wall. They responded to the read wall meaning they have at best one scumread in Magenta at best.

If they’re playing to be flipped and town then future pairings should account into that.
If they’re town playing for survival then surely they’d have some sort of read on the remaining warm knights.

Why? I’ve made it abundantly clear I like Seafoam more than Magenta. I don’t do walls and I make reads organically. I’m starting to question if I possibly dodged a bullet by not repping into your slot.
What bullet would you have dodged?

You’ve made it clear you don’t want to give reads. I don’t know and can’t find your reads on a good chunk of the game.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:42 am

In post 531, Knight Indigo wrote:I’m not playing to be flipped anything. I’m just trying to honestly give reads as best I can. If people can tell I’m town, awesome and if not, I can post all my thoughts which I hope won’t be ignored upon my flip. I would still very much like to be paired with Rose but if not, c’est la vie.
And you haven’t asked them in bold because?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Knight Crimson »

I am not read up, have only skimmed on occasion. Not sure if tunneled or if I genuinely do not trust Indigo. I am unsure if they are frustrated town, or LAMIST scum. I am reminded of the way scum has played in a previous dance game in the final 3 proposal phase, I suppose. Townreading the other suitor.

I also may be just getting persuaded by the consensus read that Indigo's heart is less than pure. Apologies I am not more help. I am probably Seafoam>Magenta>Indigo in terms of town>scum, but I wouldn't put weight in that yet.

I do enjoy the pleasant pacing to this game.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 539, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 528, Knight Indigo wrote:
propose to marigold

I hate this post.

What bullet would you have dodged?

You’ve made it clear you don’t want to give reads. I don’t know and can’t find your reads on a good chunk of the game.
I’ve given plenty of reads. I like Beige, Rose, Azure, Seafoam, Daffodil, Crimson. I don’t like Magenta and have concerns about Burgundy. Why are you saying this? Because I haven’t done a readslist wall yet? There would be no point to doing that other than to placate people because I’m honestly just not there yet.

I literally just replaced into this game and I’m being sr for not having the benefit of playing from the getgo. I really don’t know what more to do to prove I’m town here.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 540, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 531, Knight Indigo wrote:I’m not playing to be flipped anything. I’m just trying to honestly give reads as best I can. If people can tell I’m town, awesome and if not, I can post all my thoughts which I hope won’t be ignored upon my flip. I would still very much like to be paired with Rose but if not, c’est la vie.
And you haven’t asked them in bold because?
Rose, I would be extremely honoured if you would accept my proposal

Did I do that right?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

In post 541, Knight Crimson wrote:I am not read up, have only skimmed on occasion. Not sure if tunneled or if I genuinely do not trust Indigo. I am unsure if they are frustrated town, or LAMIST scum. I am reminded of the way scum has played in a previous dance game in the final 3 proposal phase, I suppose. Townreading the other suitor.

I also may be just getting persuaded by the consensus read that Indigo's heart is less than pure. Apologies I am not more help. I am probably Seafoam>Magenta>Indigo in terms of town>scum, but I wouldn't put weight in that yet.

I do enjoy the pleasant pacing to this game.
I’m extremely disappointed in you Crimson because my townie heart is pure.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

Why is Magenta town? Please humour me.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Indigo
Knight Indigo
Goon
Knight Indigo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Knight Indigo »

Is there anyone capable of good reads this game or am I just wasting my time?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Azure
Knight Azure
Townie
Knight Azure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Knight Azure »

In post 514, Knight Daffodil wrote:I would be interested in your reasons for these.
I agree with them a lot. Their presence is known and affirmed by multiple slots. Dance games don't really favor boldness from the scum unless it's to get a partner. They've made posts that stand out to me from the crowd. Do you disagree with them? I'm also red cheeked by Lavender encouraging me and I swear I just must be easily pocketed. Their posts make me feel good and don't seem agenda-driven other than to serve and decry people they suspect.

In post 537, Knight Seafoam wrote:if you were to play matchmaker for the remaining warm knights, who would you pair with whom, and why?
Leave out Seafoam. Marigold and Magenta maybe? It seems Magenta already tried to propose. I think Rose and Indigo would propose to survive next?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Knight Rose »

Well, it looks like I will end up forming a palette with Seafoam or Indigo. To be honest, I'm already sort of made a choice. But it is something I'm not super happy about for reasons I can't really describe. Either way, I don't think I make it too deep into this game which is ok.
Also, I have some more thoughts on Lavender. I think she's trying to be helpful this game like a sort of support. There hasn't been a lot of reads from that slot and most of the posts are very "informative" (can't really think of the right word). Initially, I viewed that as sort of scummy, but I also think it can be a town playstyle (to some extent). Wondering how others are reading Lavender.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Knight Marigold »

In post 536, Knight Indigo wrote:This was my response to you Marigold, maybe I’m not the one being “willfully obtuse”?
I typed my reply in the time between you posting and . Somehow I missed the further response in the preview. Apologies. That doesn't really explain anything to me, though. You liked another post of theirs in but there's been no elaboration or explanation of why you townread those posts. Can you give something more?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”