Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1616, Bingle wrote:
In post 1600, Morning Tweet wrote:I can't remember the last pro-town thing Bingle did this game
The answer is pretty much nothing. I've been a liability. I haven't had strong reads I've been pushing, had paranoia on people who have since flipped town and spent the entirety of the game either tunneled on town or sheeping Wisdom's imaginality push to try to make that a viable alternative to Ali/House which may or may not have actually been protown, but certainly wasn't very strongly protown since it ended up going absolutely no where.
Oh, I haven't thought about day one in a while. I wonder if there's anything important there.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 158, Bingle wrote:
In post 155, Wisdom wrote:
In post 107, imaginality wrote:So it's up to the rest of you whether you think that's because Taly is so obvtown, or because Wisdom is scum and knows Taly is town.
Like this is suggestive, it's like he's saying "Taly is not obvtown so I don't believe Wisdom" but he's putting it more subtly so it immediately rings manipulation bells for me
I can see it. Not really made better by him also townreading Taly.

VOTE: imaginality
You idly voted imaginality all day, then switched to Ali when like one person voted Wisdom and you had 8-ball suspicions.

You also had voted Ali a couple posts before, so I'm pretty sure you thought Ali was +scum in some capacity. You voted imagine all day because you wanted an alternative to Ali?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I still think imagine's initial switch from Wisdom to Ali was a little off, but the justification afterwards seemed well-founded and in general I find switching from voting somebody to voting the person they're voting more spontaneous town than scum.

Mom has no gameplay. Nothing to suggest being with or not being with anyone really.

Maybe if anything it's slightly surprising no one EVER tried to use her as a mislim. Like who ever brings up that slot to vote? No one. If there are two scum not named Mom, I'm sort of surprised at that. SS points this out himself after repping in, lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1624, Morning Tweet wrote:I wish we had killed SS or anyone not named ducky yesterday, i miss him
Right??
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:32 am

Definitely gonna have to reread these pages when I'm not on mobile and can give it more attention.

I can also respond to whatever you want, but I won't do everything because I don't want to shit up the thread with quote stripes.

My reasoning on ducky was really just:
- Sheeping Wisdom (I didn't say this because anyone else can do this just as easily as me, if they cared)
- He pushed Alisae hard on D2-- like I said, my default mindset after the failed Alisae flashwagon would have been that he would quickly get wagoned again. I really do think that scum wouldn't 8-ball Wisdom and then play into this.
- He unvoted Alisae on D1 when he very well could have been the 8-ball, and then turned around and pushed Alisae when he wasn't 8-ball.

Sadly I don't think I touched much on #3, but #2 is really the big one.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1626, Morning Tweet wrote:You idly voted imaginality all day, then switched to Ali when like one person voted Wisdom and you had 8-ball suspicions.
No?

I voted Ali as a WAGONS! vote, then switched to imaginality because I realized that Wis was pushing both imagine and Ali while voting Ali and I wanted to see if anyone would bite and try to shift the wagon. I spent the majority of my time poking people who were neither of them, iirc, but I didn't have any strong reads one way or the other. I leaned slightly town on Wisdom and that was about it.

Ali accused me of scumreading him a few times iirc, to which I clarified that I didn't, and said he thought I was scum for it because I should have been able to read him despite not having played a game with him in years and the general lurker-y behavior early on.

I voted Ali with less than 24 hours left in the day because it was the only viable wagon and additionally noted my thought that Wis might be the eight ball because there were two people who had voted him with like no time left in the day and two more people who were supporting the wagon prior but weren't on it: {duck/ali/imagine/taly}. I think most of them (the exception being imagine) had also expressed willingness to shift to imagine earlier, although I'd have to double check to be sure. Notably, your slot agreed with my sentiments.

All of this has been clarified multiple times, particularly on D2.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by House »

I'm good with either S_S or imaginality, at this point.

See y'all in a couple days, I guess.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

So far I've gotten the impression that SS/imagine aren't aligned, as well as possibly that imagine/Bingle aren't aligned
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1629, Something_Smart wrote:- He pushed Alisae hard on D2-- like I said, my default mindset after the failed Alisae flashwagon would have been that he would quickly get wagoned again. I really do think that scum wouldn't 8-ball Wisdom and then play into this.
- He unvoted Alisae on D1 when he very well could have been the 8-ball, and then turned around and pushed Alisae when he wasn't 8-ball.

Spoiler:
In post 456, Save The Dragons wrote:
Vote Count 2.1

3 Alisae (the worst, Hiraki, Wisdom)
2 the worst (Bingle, Taly)
1 Wisdom (Alisae)

Not voting: Momrangal, imaginality

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to yeet

Deadline:

D2 ends at (expired on 2021-10-02 17:15:04)
In post 511, Save The Dragons wrote:
Vote Count 2.2

3 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst)
2 House (Morning Tweet, Wisdom)
1 the worst (Bingle)

Not voting: Momrangal, imaginality

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to yeet

Deadline:

D2 ends at (expired on 2021-10-02 17:15:04)

I don't get 2 as a reason to townread duck at all. No one pushed Wisdom at daybreak D2 (other than Ali), and in fact ducky was one of the first people to switch to Wisdom. And do you have any particular reason why Ali was likely the 8ball D1?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1631, House wrote:I'm good with either S_S or imaginality, at this point.

I'm not. Its XLO, we should take our time.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Who did you want dead yesterday, SS?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by House »

In post 1634, Bingle wrote:
In post 1631, House wrote:I'm good with either S_S or imaginality, at this point.

I'm not. Its XLO, we should take our time.
I know.

Shit just gets tedious at this point.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1595, Morning Tweet wrote:Theory: Bingle/SS/imagine are all scum
She's onto us, guys. At least she hasn't figured out House yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:22 pm

In post 1633, Bingle wrote:I don't get 2 as a reason to townread duck at all. No one pushed Wisdom at daybreak D2 (other than Ali), and in fact ducky was one of the first people to switch to Wisdom.
The point isn't that ducky pushed away from Wisdom more than anyone else, it's that he pushed toward Alisae who could have just been insta-executed given the amount of people who wanted to kill him the day before.
And do you have any particular reason why Ali was likely the 8ball D1?
None, other than that he's a reasonably easy-to-execute person and also nearly died D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

In fact, at this point I know that either Alisae was scum and being bussed, or town and being voted by both scum, both indicating a pretty high chance of 8-ballship.

Though of course it would be circular to use that as a reason to townread tw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

In post 1635, Morning Tweet wrote:Who did you want dead yesterday, SS?
Imaginality.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 995, Something_Smart wrote:maginality seemed like the most likely person to pick Wisdom as the 8-ball, as well as being Wisdom's primary suspect.
Is your read any deeper than this?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by imaginality »

Just posting to say I'm reading. From my pov I'm still convinced both Bingle and SS are scum and you and House are town, so I'm happy to sheep your vote if it's for one of {Bingle, SS}.

I don't know which of them is more likely 8-ball, my guess is Bingle because I think if we elim SS today Bingle would 1v1 me tomorrow and win with an 8-ball on me. Whereas I think SS would want to try to keep House in the mix as well as me so would want it to be true x-lo still so he can win with either mislim.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:46 pm

In post 1641, Morning Tweet wrote:Is your read any deeper than this?
No, other than that PoE put him at a baseline of 67% and he was highly unlikely to be the 8-ball.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1630, Bingle wrote:
In post 1626, Morning Tweet wrote:You idly voted imaginality all day, then switched to Ali when like one person voted Wisdom and you had 8-ball suspicions.
No?

I voted Ali as a WAGONS! vote, then switched to imaginality because I realized that Wis was pushing both imagine and Ali while voting Ali and I wanted to see if anyone would bite and try to shift the wagon. I spent the majority of my time poking people who were neither of them, iirc, but I didn't have any strong reads one way or the other. I leaned slightly town on Wisdom and that was about it.

Ali accused me of scumreading him a few times iirc, to which I clarified that I didn't, and said he thought I was scum for it because I should have been able to read him despite not having played a game with him in years and the general lurker-y behavior early on.

I voted Ali with less than 24 hours left in the day because it was the only viable wagon and additionally noted my thought that Wis might be the eight ball because there were two people who had voted him with like no time left in the day and two more people who were supporting the wagon prior but weren't on it: {duck/ali/imagine/taly}. I think most of them (the exception being imagine) had also expressed willingness to shift to imagine earlier, although I'd have to double check to be sure. Notably, your slot agreed with my sentiments.

All of this has been clarified multiple times, particularly on D2.
I'm confused, what of my characterization is wrong? I'm pretty sure you voteparked imagine all day then did the Ali swap at the end

Oh my point wasn't that you didn't do *anything* D1, just that with your vote you kept it on imagine all the way, I suppose.

If you're scum with imagine, maybe a poor choice given Wisdom/Ali at the minimum could have flashed it (altho they didn't).
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1594, Morning Tweet wrote:There's actually a pretty interesting SS/imagine/Bingle interaction starting page 40, post . Lemme summarize:

At this moment in time, there is 1 vote for Bingle/SS/imagine.

- SS has imagineality as his highest scumread. He says that imagine is the most likely to pick Wisdom as the 8-ball and was also Wisdom's biggest suspect. He says that Bingle is playing an unimpressive game and lolhammered the 8-ball for no reason.

- Imagine asks SS why he thinks imagine is most likely to pick Wisdom for 8-ball

- Bingle replies to a related post of SS's. SS says that imagine's push on him is suspicious and makes him(ss) wonder if he is the 8-ball. He justifies this by saying imagine has SS as his bottom read and unlikely 8-ball.
Bingle replies by saying "No, he has me and worst as scummier than you. You misread the readslist"

SS realizes that he did and his point on imagineality is unfounded.

why do i think this interaction is important? Uhhhh well it seems to me like SS genuinely thought imagine was pushing him there. Look in -- it sounds like imagine has SS the lowest. But then in , imagine maths out Worst and Bingle as scummier than SS. SS only responds to the first, not realizing that imagineality is in fact not pushing him at that time

It seems.. distinctly not partnered to me, I guess. Maybe I'm reaching though. How do you mix up whether or not you're getting bussed and have to be corrected by a townie?
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by imaginality »

Your conclusion (SS and I aren't partnered) is right.
But I didn't need that post to know that :lol:
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by imaginality »

At the time, I felt confused as to how SS had misread my reads when the 'probability of being scum' table in 958 right after it should have made it pretty clear.

Maybe that is a point towards SS being scum because not reading closely? I think town are a touch more likely to read more closely than scum.

But that's maybe unfair in this case since 955 was ambiguous on its own and perhaps everyone else just goes "urgh, maths" and skims over 958.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:55 pm

Post by imaginality »

On the partnering point... if I were in your shoes I think I'd also see it as a sign of SS and me not being partnered.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:55 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Open question: who is the 8-ball?