Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I think Bingle immediately asking House to explain his "it's not imaginality" comment indicates that that team probably makes Bingle the 8-ball.

So imaginality is probably the right target here. House/Bingle is... well not exactly impossible, but House would sure be creating a headache he doesn't need to.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote Count 4.3

Not voting: Bingle, House, Something_Smart, imaginality, Morning Tweet

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to yeet

D4 ends at (expired on 2021-10-16 13:26:20)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1664, House wrote:
In post 1661, Morning Tweet wrote:I still feel reasonably strong about House!town.
I don't see how that's possible, tbh.

My play has lurk scum written all over it.
I mean, your play in Radio Buzz maybe. Not so much here. I'm also reading Ali.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1667, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 604, Save The Dragons wrote:
4 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst, imaginality)
More food for thought. A Bingle/me team would require believing that this was all town.

But I think it makes sense with Bingle/imaginality knowing that a few townies (Alisae, Taly) were going to be pushing Wisdom and they could hop on afterward.

And I do kinda feel that Wisdom being made the 8-ball implies that the two people who voted him the day before were probably both town? Like a Bingle/imagine team could count on at least those two, and it's easy for imagine to set up a vote on him, and then go from there. But a Bingle/Alisae team would have to keep people off of Alisae and they'd have only Bingle to help with that.
Taly, House, imagineality could have been predicted with relative ease.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I'm pretty sold on the idea Bingle!scum had the 8-ball for safety reasons yesterday. Would explain why there wasn't really much attempt to push there from anyone.

Really it's just down to, is imagine or is SS scum
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

So off the top of my head, Bingle just kind of voted imagine idly all day on D1 which was sort of risky since it left them open to Wisdom/Ali switching, although they didn't

And obviously SS emphasized not voting out 8!ball Bingle yesterday
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Okay it's not really like Bingle did anything to push imagine. I also overestimated the length of D1. It was for like 6 pages.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1665, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 405, Bingle wrote:VOTE: ali

I don’t really trust this sudden shift to Wis, makes me worried he’s an 8 ball, tbh.
what is this post

like actually what is it
You're like the fourth person this game to point that out lmfao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:28 am

In post 1678, Morning Tweet wrote:Taly, House, imagineality could have been predicted with relative ease.
I guess. Obviously I wasn't there but it does seem like imagine wouldn't have been as easy to guess as the others, especially since the big alternative is Ali/House who was imagine's other scumread.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 am

In post 1682, Morning Tweet wrote:You're like the fourth person this game to point that out lmfao
I know. I didn't feel like pointing it out earlier because people already had, but now I think it's worth bringing back to the light.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I suppose that is fair.

Bingle do you ever get tired of being the 8-ball?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1684, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1682, Morning Tweet wrote:You're like the fourth person this game to point that out lmfao
I know. I didn't feel like pointing it out earlier because people already had, but now I think it's worth bringing back to the light.
It's the most suspicious post in this entire game, I'm glad you did, good memories
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:31 am

I have to imagine that Bingle's hammer beats it out for that prize, but it's definitely up there.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Idk why I felt like letting Bingle get away with openwolfing, I recognized how bad the posts were. Oh well

But yeah in any case with SS/imagine not being the team, House being town, and Bingle individually playing for the scumteam all game, I'm preeetty good with that read. Only problem is he is pretty much 8-ball.

Unless... scum expected we'd sheep worstie on imagine?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:37 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I hate how I can't settle on a read. I feel like I throw out everything I was thinking about the game every single time I open it.

Imagine, are you still entertaining House!scum? I know you werent sure start of day
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:44 am

My perception is that I've been doing a reasonably good job at revealing my alignment through dynamic interactions and thoughts, whereas imaginality has played very uptight and rigid in a way that's usually not hard for scum.

Is the difficulty that you can see my play as easily coming from scum, or that you see imaginality's play as being hard to fake?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

You have!! Correct reads!! From your PoV!! And you do next to nothing with them!!

And I know that's your playstyle!

I agree thought that your real-time interactions are always good. I thought we had the game solved for a moment yesterday with worstie/you as town. Obviously I can't help but change my mind over and over but yeah.

I can entertain both of your plays coming from scum. I agree imagine is more of an uptight game -- and he tends to have reads that can be agreeable to any gamestate.

You have reads that were really good (worst town, scumteam right) for the most part from your PoV but you didnt do anything with them. Like I had no idea who you scumread and townread without reviewing. Which I get is partially on me but you didn't try to push anyone or defend worstie, which is kind of my point.

So you're both laid-back scum, but imagine's more of a floaty kind that plays every side for the most part -- whereas you have reads but you remain so deeply embedded in the background that you don't actually influence the game with them. But then you can point to having a consistent view.

When I put it like that, it is true that imagine's gameplay is more traditionally scummy.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Skimming imagine, I'm not terribly interested in the SS/imagine interaction as being anything else other than anti-partnery. I dont think it was scummy for you.
In post 1605, imaginality wrote:
In post 1598, Morning Tweet wrote:SS also shut worstie down from voting Bingle (I haven't forgotten that!). I have to give him some credit, he did dissuade the Bingle wagon by pushing that Bingle was obvious 8-ball
Giving him town cred for that assumes Bingle is town...
Something I just noticed, I made a mistake in my response to this. I wasn't assuming Bingle was town. I was assuming Bingle was 8-ball. Does SS!scum try to shut down Bingle's wagon..? Imagine mentions in this post that he preferred Bingle.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:57 am

In post 1691, Morning Tweet wrote:You have!! Correct reads!! From your PoV!! And you do next to nothing with them!!

And I know that's your playstyle!
It's more than just my playstyle, it's my personality :X

It's also learned helplessness. There's no reason to spend effort beating my reasons into people if they're just going to disagree with the reasons and then ignore me and then I'd be derailing the thread if I kept pressing it. People are talking as if I didn't give my big reasons for townreading tw-- but I did. It was the whole bit about how scum wouldn't push Alisae SOD2. It was just widely disagreed-with, and then forgotten.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:01 am

In post 1692, Morning Tweet wrote:Something I just noticed, I made a mistake in my response to this. I wasn't assuming Bingle was town. I was assuming Bingle was 8-ball. Does SS!scum try to shut down Bingle's wagon..? Imagine mentions in this post that he preferred Bingle.
For what it's worth, I think the only world where me/Bingle makes any sense is if I have zero faith in my abilities upon replacing in and 8-ball myself D3. That explains why I shield Bingle behind WIFOM and also why I don't push tw. (I'd want myself to go down first, have my flip implicate tw, and then 8-ball him to win the next day.)

I think in that world I probably don't make the sequence starting with , which is pretty blatantly motivated by self-preservation.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Mm, that's true. I didn't really get it at the time. If possible I'd like to make amends by talking about it a little right now.

Hiraki and the worst began D2 voting for Alisae. However, scum was banking on people thinking that "Ali is too obvious we can't kill them scum might have 8-balled them". Scum wanted to see Ali/Taly/possibly imagine vote Wisdom. So therefore it's odd for scum to try and start traction on Ali immediately at the start of the day. Do I get this right?

pedit @ 1693
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1694, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1692, Morning Tweet wrote:Something I just noticed, I made a mistake in my response to this. I wasn't assuming Bingle was town. I was assuming Bingle was 8-ball. Does SS!scum try to shut down Bingle's wagon..? Imagine mentions in this post that he preferred Bingle.
For what it's worth, I think the only world where me/Bingle makes any sense is if I have zero faith in my abilities upon replacing in and 8-ball myself D3. That explains why I shield Bingle behind WIFOM and also why I don't push tw. (I'd want myself to go down first, have my flip implicate tw, and then 8-ball him to win the next day.)

I think in that world I probably don't make the sequence starting with , which is pretty blatantly motivated by self-preservation.
That is definitely a simpler explanation than "We 8!ball Bingle but have no intention of actually flipping him, we just 8-ball him in the hopes it becomes obvious he was 8-ball and it outwifoms morning during Xylo"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Yeah scum didn't think they were gonna kill worstie yesterday, we know that much. Scum was expecting Bingle to die. We pretty much know this.

SS did not keep Bingle on the table for an elim but he did think Bingle was scum. Imagine sussed Bingle start of day and was considering voting there, but his reads were structured in a way that he could vote worstie/SS no problem. SS had strong read on worstie that worstie was town so basically SS was locked into imagineality at that point

It's definitely an out there strategy from you if it's Bingle/imagine. It's not very simple.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:09 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1667, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 604, Save The Dragons wrote:
4 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst, imaginality)
More food for thought. A Bingle/me team would require believing that this was all town.

But I think it makes sense with Bingle/imaginality knowing that a few townies (Alisae, Taly) were going to be pushing Wisdom and they could hop on afterward.

And I do kinda feel that Wisdom being made the 8-ball implies that the two people who voted him the day before were probably both town? Like a Bingle/imagine team could count on at least those two, and it's easy for imagine to set up a vote on him, and then go from there. But a Bingle/Alisae team would have to keep people off of Alisae and they'd have only Bingle to help with that.
Your version means both scum being on the 8-ball wagon which seems kind of risky to me (doubly so with the way Bingle joined it, triply so with them night killing someone who was on the wagon). Choosing a 8-ball they could have hopes town would push for them seems a smarter option.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1697, Morning Tweet wrote:It's definitely an out there strategy from you if it's Bingle/SS. It's not very simple.
fix

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”