StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

So cult isn’t different from other times I’ve played with them on another website. Good to know for later.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 42, Bingle wrote:
In post 40, Quiet Owl wrote:
Why would you fake claim scum that's like the most anti-town thing you could possibly do
Why would you claim scum as scum?

There are two potential answers to why Loftwing is Loftwinging:

Loftwing is lolcatting or Loftwing is Jester. The first is NAI. The second is potentially game ending for scum. If somehow Loftwing IS cult, that's actually the biggest threat to all of the individual scumteams.

tl;dr Scum should definitely shoot the person who can maybe end the game, and not just to set up a vig claim down the line. Similarly, Loftwing is a pretty good vig target. Loftwing should not be the elimination today at all.

VOTE: Quiet Owl
I've known scum to claim scum and gamble on people assuming that they're a jester, although on a different site with a very different community. I usually take scum claims at face value and watch their reaction- not sure what to think of Loftwing immediately folding under pressure and claiming to be town pulling a gambit as I've never seen that before. Agree with you that they're not an ideal elimination for today.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Loftwing »

I wouldn't want a vigilante to target me tonight
RegRider
RegRider
Goon
RegRider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by RegRider »

What an interesting exchange.
RegRider
RegRider
Goon
RegRider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by RegRider »

I have some thoughts but will have to read some if Loft's games to confirm
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 21, cyrus62 wrote:so i have a few ideas. 1st one if everyone who rolled cult but didnt get it type the letter c. if you didnt roll cult type the letters n/a . and if you fudged a dice type fudge and what dice you fudge . for me it would be n/a fudge dice 2. now you dont have to play along if you dont want to . but this might help us find out if there is a cult or not.
Speaking of, I’m wondering about this since someone also said this and by far not original but I don’t get why Cult Leader would put themselves out in the open like that. I’m thinking and it just seems like they’d just put them in the worst possible position no?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Like I’m trying to consider it from Cult’s POV on this right, if there’s only the Cult Leader, then if they play along with this, they hopefully turn one player, and Leader gets NKed, then it’s only one cult member who can’t do anything. Wouldn’t that just be worse, even assuming everything goes well for them?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why are we talking about cultists?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 21, cyrus62 wrote:so i have a few ideas. 1st one if everyone who rolled cult but didnt get it type the letter c. if you didnt roll cult type the letters n/a . and if you fudged a dice type fudge and what dice you fudge . for me it would be n/a fudge dice 2. now you dont have to play along if you dont want to . but this might help us find out if there is a cult or not.
Cyrus brought it up first
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 45, Dunnstral wrote:
What stops them from lying?
nothing but we cross that when we come to it. Even the mod said feel free to lie about your dice role since there's no one to prove it.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

My idea is simply unless you rolled cult and didn't get it you have no idea if there is a cult. What does the seven mean? Does it mean there are 7 town two scum two wearwovles and two aliens or does it mean there are six town,One cult 2 scum two wearwovles and two aliens? Which is why I askd what I did . I'm not asking for your rolls or even your role I'm just asking if you rolled cult and didn't receive it?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 56, StrangeMatter wrote:Like I’m trying to consider it from Cult’s POV on this right, if there’s only the Cult Leader, then if they play along with this, they hopefully turn one player, and Leader gets NKed, then it’s only one cult member who can’t do anything. Wouldn’t that just be worse, even assuming everything goes well for them?
Cult leader wouldn’t claim. Theoretically someone who rolled cult and instead became a survivor, SK or jester could claim survivor so that we know that there is in fact a cult but that requires multiple people having rolled cult to begin with.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 60, cyrus62 wrote:My idea is simply unless you rolled cult and didn't get it you have no idea if there is a cult. What does the seven mean? Does it mean there are 7 town two scum two wearwovles and two aliens or does it mean there are six town,One cult 2 scum two wearwovles and two aliens? Which is why I askd what I did . I'm not asking for your rolls or even your role I'm just asking if you rolled cult and didn't receive it?
Sir, if you rolled cult and didn't get cult, that would mean that you are Neutral, and you also know for a fact that cult does exist.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 60, cyrus62 wrote:My idea is simply unless you rolled cult and didn't get it you have no idea if there is a cult. What does the seven mean? Does it mean there are 7 town two scum two wearwovles and two aliens or does it mean there are six town,One cult 2 scum two wearwovles and two aliens? Which is why I askd what I did . I'm not asking for your rolls or even your role I'm just asking if you rolled cult and didn't receive it?
If the seven is anything more than arbitrary flavor then it taints the game, so we can assume it’s arbitrary flavor.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 58, Loftwing wrote:
Cyrus brought it up first
Technically STD brought it up first when he claimed cult-Miller.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Bingle »

So… I have a method by which we could maybe break the game but it is both unfun and at the very least against the spirit of the rules.

Thoughts?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Loftwing »

If you get replaced for it, that just gives Not_Mafia a chance to replace into the game.

If you get modkilled for it, then that will just make me sad.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Bingle »

Implementation would require the majority to play along and given that it’s not explicitly against the rules a reroll of the game would be more likely than a mod kill.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Before you suggest it, could a scum player's lies be able to counteract your strategy?
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Cook »

If you’re unsure if it’s legal PM me.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Bingle »

I’m not going to say it, but basically it exploits the setup to confirm town by having town provide information scum would have a hard time replicating quickly.

It wouldn’t confirm me as town in any case because I would know in advance exactly how to manipulate the process.

I’m also not going to use it without overwhelming support because like I said it’s really not very fun.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Loftwing »

What information could any player give other than their dice rolls and current role? The only things that are confirmed to be changed by the moderator are:

Single-player masonries (which will be combined into one bigger masony)
Cult players (Only one cultist can exist at the start, all others are 3rd party, which have a 3/4ths chance of being negative utility to the town)
Mama Ru
Mama Ru
Goon
Mama Ru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Mama Ru »

R
a
c
e
r
s
s
t
a
r
t
y
o
u
r
e
n
g
i
n
e
s
!

A
n
d
m
a
y
t
h
e
b
e
s
t
o
n
e

W
I
N
!
!
!

So... are we going to claim our dice rolls?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Bingle »

What information indeed.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon