Newbie 656 Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Petunho »

thinktank wrote:The Petunho/geckoj wagons are far more viable than mine.
Maybe so, but I'm really waiting you to contribute to the game more. Soon. Really soon. Your contribution to the game has been low and you as IC is more easy to make fluffy posts and like ShadowLurker said 'actively lurk', because you can make posts based on your experience and just explain things to newbies and so it seems that you 'contribute' to the game more that you really do.
thinktank wrote:Will post thoughts soon.
Waiting for this...
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Artem »

thinktank wrote:Received prod.

Will post thoughts soon.
Apparently, thinktank has his own definition of soon.
Looking forward to something more substantial than:
thinktank wrote: The Petunho/geckoj wagons are far more viable than mine.
Also looking forward to any content from Chapter 5.
RandomGem wrote:Okay.
Would you care to join one?
I am now able to sympathize with thegeckoj. This game is getting IMMENSELY boring.
Can you please explain your vote on thegeckoj again but in this context?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 376

Petunho (2):
Artem, thegeckoj

ShadowLurker (1):
Chapter 5

thegeckoj (3):
Fenchurch, Petunho, RandomGem

thinktank (1):
Shadowlurker

Not voting (2)
thinktank, lifeofpie
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by RandomGem »

Oops, I forgot to
Unvote
I can understand thegeckoj wanting to end the day early, since I am getting incredibly bored of this. :cry:
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Mod:
are you going to replace chapter 5, given that he/she did not pick up the prod you sent?
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by lifeofpie »

I don't see how you could possibly be bored. All you have to do is take a glance at the proceedings and type one or two sentences. If it was a non-virtual game, I could understand. In this case, my only problem is a shortage of topics.
Peace, all.

If you don't like macs, tough luck.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:41 am

Post by lifeofpie »

An interesting scence is seen in the sheen of the sunlight in the center of the small city. A small dinosaur is angrily shaking a relatively large, inert gem. The green, cute dino kicks it away in disgust. It then looks around for something else to vent its anger on. It sees Nausicaa, but she is flying overhead on her glider, and the squirrel thing looks dangerous. The dino's search for pie also continues...

I think I shall go back and read some more.

lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:56 am

Post by lifeofpie »

BTW, random, I was only doing that to you because its fun and diamonds are the strongest solid.
Also, I turned on the TV a few seconds ago and saw House on. Great show.

This is probably a bad idea, but here goes.
House enjoys saying that everybody lies.
One of the dudes comes in a couple minutes late and says 'sorry I'm late, my car broke down.' House knows that this is a lie because normally this person would not bother apologizing if he wasn't guilty of something. Using this interesting idea in life, we could say that Drifter might not have claimed if he was not scum.
Just throwing this idea out there.
:)

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Bump
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:10 am

Post by thegeckoj »

lifeofpie wrote: This is probably a bad idea, but here goes.
One of the dudes comes in a couple minutes late and says 'sorry I'm late, my car broke down.' House knows that this is a lie because normally this person would not bother apologizing if he wasn't guilty of something. Using this interesting idea in life, we could say that Drifter might not have claimed if he was not scum.
sounds good to me, i have been pro lynch for drifter/petunho from the begining. definitely seems like the most logical lynch for the first day at this point.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Fenchurch »

thegeckoj wrote:
sounds good to me, i have been pro lynch for drifter/petunho from the begining. definitely seems like the most logical lynch for the first day at this point.
Besides the fact that I've already given examples of townies claiming vanilla townie on day 1 under no pressure, who were later proven to be townies, and not lying? But no, let's go with a theory from a fictional TV character instead, that must be true.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Artem »

RandomGem, who do you find suspicious and why?
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Fenchurch »

thegeckoj and lifeofpie, it really seems that you're not listening to or addressing any of the reasons that have been given as to why the case on Drifter/Petunho is not strong. And I'm getting bored of the game too, so I can appreciate that, but I'm not gonna place my vote on a player I don't believe is scum just for the sake of ending the day.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:24 am

Post by RandomGem »

@Artem: I'm looking more at thinktank, for being a very not explaining anything sort of person... thegeckoj isn't as suspicious to me anymore now that I understand why he'd want to lynch Petunho even as town. And this seems to cycle through everyone, but Fenchurch is looking partially suspicious for reasons I can't really explain (intuition? I think probably just posting the most causes suspicion). It's more of an ineffectual suspicion, and I'm not planning to act upon it on day 1.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by lifeofpie »

You are right, the case isn't strong. However, it's about the best we have. I don't have my vote on petunho solely because I'm not in a rush. If a deadline comes up, I think I will place my vote on him.

lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by lifeofpie »

Also, I honestly don't feel like giving drifter the benefit of the doubt.

Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Artem »

@Players that are bored with the day: I think it would be good to come to some sort of a consensus. Here are what I think are our options:

1. Vote no lynch
2. Go with a lurker lynch: Chapter 5 / thinktank
3. Go with a lynch based on one of the cases we have on the table, which are I think Petunho, and to a lesser extent thegeckoj and fenchurch;

Personally, I don't buy into the points presented against thegeckoj and fenchurch. I'm still suspicious of Petunho but would be OK with putting more pressure on / lynching the lurkers. No lynch is not a good option for the town.

What does everybody else think?

Also, I'm no expert on modding, but I think that when the game slow down this much
a deadline should be instated
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Well I don't know whether it is a good idea to have one or not, but I am at least surprised that we haven't been deadlined yet.

Of the lurkers, my inclination is towards thinktank. I don't like how he is so reluctant to share any of his thoughts, and it is damn frustrating. Also, he accused me earlier of twisting his words, but still didn't clarify what he actually meant by them. I've since noticed that he used this same defence when he was scum in Newbie 636, and I'd say his play in this game is not dissimilar to that one.

Of the others though, I still feel strongly about thegeckoj, who has done nothing that strikes me as pro-town, said nothing to defend himself, and even describes the defence that Petunho presented as "good", yet openly pursuing a quicklynch against him. Another thing I count as a minor scumtell is his predecessor's (Sion) - opening vote of no-lynch. It's another case where I don't have any examples to back me up, but I do feel that a vote this way is more likely to come from scum, as they have less incentive to lynch, and might just assume that if they vote no lynch and therefore stay away from a mis-lynch, that they'll appear town.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by RandomGem »

I would rather go with a lurker lynch. The risk-reward thing works better that way, since you aren't losing a very functional townie if you mislynch (or being forced to replace, which slows game down + we have so many replacements already...).
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:12 am

Post by lifeofpie »

I have little qualms with voting gecko, but I thought think was contributing well earlier in the game. (Or halfway decently, at least).

Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Petunho »

Quite surprised we don't have a deadline yet, so let's use the time we got well.

Like Artem mentioned we have to come in to consensus who to lynch (No Lynch shouldn't even be considered). I have to agree that lynching a lurker would be a good thing in a certain point of view, but I would prefer going after a more scummy player than only lurking people.
thegeckoj wrote:
Sounds utter crap for me (like lifeofpiehimselfsaidinthe beginning). First of all you should have to know how Drifter acts normally before you can say that's abnormal. I like House also, so nothing against him, but this theory isn't in anyway valid. Why even bother to agree with this thegeckoj?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I would be most happy with a thinktank lynch, because I feel like he has been the most useless today, and is also supposedly an IC. He has mostly flown by any questioning, and dodged questions with promises that were never fulfilled.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by thegeckoj »

Petunho wrote:Quite surprised we don't have a deadline yet, so let's use the time we got well.

Like Artem mentioned we have to come in to consensus who to lynch (No Lynch shouldn't even be considered). I have to agree that lynching a lurker would be a good thing in a certain point of view, but I would prefer going after a more scummy player than only lurking people.
thegeckoj wrote:
Sounds utter crap for me (like lifeofpiehimselfsaidinthe beginning). First of all you should have to know how Drifter acts normally before you can say that's abnormal.
I like House also, so nothing against him, but this theory isn't in anyway valid. Why even bother to agree with this thegeckoj
?
because i am bored with this game and i want to lynch someone, preferably not me. petunho/drifter is my best guess at scum.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by lifeofpie »

Repeat after me.
Quicklynch bad.

thegeckoj