Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:50 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 221, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 182, Mama Ru wrote:
In post 170, Bingle wrote:
In post 155, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 147, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 44, cyrus62 wrote:like i think i already messed up posting i think me hiding this game would have been best.
??????
Like I know I'm guilty of skimming Cyrus's posts but how did NO ONE at least ask about this?

Cyrus what is this post
I
I was ignoring it as a PR softclaim, tbh.
It does look like something that one would say in the scum werk room.
If it was anyone besides Cyrus I'd be more inclined to give space for it being a PR soft.... But it's Cyrus and reads like a PT!slip
Your going feel real stupid if you keep going down this path. @town can you assure me that once I claim due to west pursuing this path that we vote off west since it will hurt town once I do so.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:53 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 174, Bingle wrote:
In post 172, cyrus62 wrote:i thought you didnt want to vote loft. and owl dose not feel scum like to me. my idea was not so much to lead to scum but to try to understand if there is a cult or not and if so who it is. cult should always be d1 vote.
Eh. Cult is the single person who is the greatest threat to the traditional scumteams, and won't be intentionally protected by doctors of any faction. Any groupscum worth their salt will kill an obvious cult leader N1 and it's reasonably likely we have at least one RB (as a whole, not even among the town aligned players). If someone is obviously cult, we don't really need to deal with them on D1 as town because they are a bigger threat to groupscum than the townies are.

Compound that with the fact that I don't actually think Loft is a cult leader (but rather was lolcatting) and I didn't want to eliminate them first thing. Given the fact that jester isn't game ending, I'm actually okay with votes on Loft.

Why do you townlean Owl?
I thought you were intentionally dumb telling to trick scum into shooting a non-game-ending jester tbh, didn't think you actually thought jester was game-ending.

But yeah, any jester, especially one that rolled jester off a 19 (indicating a cult exists) should claim before end of day so we can just lim you. Town should control enough votes D1 that scum cant grief your win by not voting you.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Cook »

cyrus62 (2): Dwlee99, Dragon of the West

Dragon of the West (1): StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter (1): Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl (1): Bingle
Dwlee99 (1): cyrus62
RegRider (1): ssbm_Kyouko
Enchant (1): RegRider

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to reach a decision.
(expired on 2021-10-25 13:44:49) remain.
Last edited by Cook on Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

So help me aim at scum btw what is scum minus the s asking for a friend?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Scum without the S is just a team of roleblockers.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 224, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I wasnt asking to gauge whether you'd react the same way, just didn't think there was any guaranteed way to do it and was curious what you'd come up with. Doesnt sound like anything setup-breaking though, so my guess is its something similar to follow the cop which is risky to go forward with as it gets the investigative killed in the event there is no protective for them. Also in multiball any doctors should only be able to prevent one kill and it would be easy for a cop of any kind to get piled if they out as being an alignment cop without specifying which faction they can identify.
It looks like I'm not going to get my desired reaction, so I'm just going to go ahead and explain the strat. My desired reaction was in fact pushback against using the strategy on the basis of it being unfun, as scum would be unlikely to want to be seen as being antitown in order to preserve the fun of the game.

The way dice tags work, there's a static string of numbers generated that gives a permanent value to the tags. That way, if you quote the tags it gives a static response instead of rerolling the dice.

For example:

Original Roll String: 1d8 (STATIC)
1 8-Sided Dice: (7) = 7

Code: Select all

[dice]1d8 0101010101[/dice]

Will always give a value of 7.

If we forced everyone to claim their alignment roll and then provide a 10 digit code that resulted in that roll, it would take any normal scum player longer to fabricate the roll than it would take a town player to hunt down the static string from their actual roll.

This would not confirm anything beyond a shadow of a doubt, and in the case of people like me who know the way the dice tags work it would be trivial to set up a fake roll ahead of time. Paraphrasing the 10 digit code in a way that didn't use cryptography would be trivial. Additionally, it would not be OGI as it's simply applying a knowledge of the way the forum works.

Angleshooty as fuck? Yes. Ethically bankrupt? Yes. But actually against the rules? No.

Of course, giving all of this information at the beginning of the process makes the strategy worse than useless, because scum would know exactly how to provide a false positive result and PMing yourself a bunch of dice rolls to make sure you have a town result to use would take almost no time at all. But I never really wanted to generate townreads this way in the first place, just see how people responded to the idea that I could.

(For proof of concept that I would not actually use a strategy like this as town (and thus, as scum looking for towncred), see the Lovers and Losers game in my topics that I caused to get rerolled when a similar oversight gave AI information and I pointed it out.)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 226, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I thought you were intentionally dumb telling to trick scum into shooting a non-game-ending jester tbh, didn't think you actually thought jester was game-ending.
Considered not bringing up cyrus's pointing out that jester wasn't game ending for that reason, actually, but decided that it was unlikely to pay off.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Loftwing »

I think that would be classified under Mod Communication.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 230, Bingle wrote:Paraphrasing the 10 digit code in a way that didn't use cryptography would be trivial.
It would most certainly be against the spirit of the rules, and that was explicit from the word go, but neither quoting nor cryptography would have been necessary.

Regardless, it's a dead end at this point, because in explaining it I also told scum exactly how to play around it so it's a moo point regardless.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Loftwing »

I still think you aren't a fun player to play with, and that would've probably gotten you blacklisted by most players here.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Bingle »

Okay. You're more than welcome to avoid playing with me in the future, it won't hurt my feelings. Also, whether I would be blacklisted by players for using a strategy I never actually intended to use is a pretty ridiculous talking point.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 135, Bingle wrote:
In post 133, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The scum motive to lie is to see how coordinated the town could get if prodded just right
wat?
Also, please explain your meaning here, instead of dodging the question.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Loftwing »

It is still a little confusing to me that you went through the work of finding a breaking strategy, instead of literally just lying.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 236, Bingle wrote:
In post 135, Bingle wrote:
In post 133, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The scum motive to lie is to see how coordinated the town could get if prodded just right
wat?
Also, please explain your meaning here, instead of dodging the question.
Thanks for bringing this back up, no longer confused as to why you didn't lie.

What are you confused about here?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Bingle »

I literally pointed out the game break in one of your marathon designs despite not being able to commit to playing the game in the hopes that the game would be better.

Like, 70% of my site presence is balancing and modding games. You should be 0% surprised that I would try to find breaking strategies, because I am a mechanically oriented player who is particularly good at, wait for it, breaking setups.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Yeah yeah, I get that, but what were you confused about?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

"see how coordinated the town could get if prodded just right"

What does this mean and why is it proscum for it to be a known value?

Like, are you saying that scum would fake a breaking strategy in order to see if they could convince town to claim their alignment rolls? Because that seems like the epitome of useless information.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Well, if you could get the town coordinated on your side, you could be god.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

page 10 is becoming garbage . could we just think of a way to find cult.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Makes note to town skip page ten I think loft and bingel are working together .
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Bingle »

I propose we find scum by interacting with people and forming reads. You know, like in all of the mafia games.

Why do you think me and loft here is scum theater?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 242, Loftwing wrote:Well, if you could get the town coordinated on your side, you could be god.
So your argument was that I had theoretically been faking a breaking strategy in the hopes that it would make me an obvious town leader in a likely multiball setup where I would then be susceptible to being shot and was going to ride the cred from a breaking strategy that didn't exist and never would have appeared to endgame. I definitely believe. :roll:
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Cyrus, who do you think is most likely to be cult?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 246, Bingle wrote:
In post 242, Loftwing wrote:Well, if you could get the town coordinated on your side, you could be god.
So your argument was that I had theoretically been faking a breaking strategy in the hopes that it would make me an obvious town leader in a likely multiball setup where I would then be susceptible to being shot and was going to ride the cred from a breaking strategy that didn't exist and never would have appeared to endgame. I definitely believe. :roll:
...No?

You would be testing the waters at this stage, not doing a full fledged cannonball.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 247, Loftwing wrote:Cyrus, who do you think is most likely to be cult?
If I knew that I wouldn't be worried about, my thoughts on people who's posted . Dw null dotw scum or some kind of non town role . Std most town points so far . Strange fell off the map. Bingel could be cult. . Loft some town role where he draws the nk. Ssbm null slight scum lean due to not posting. Or doing much . The rest are null due to lack of content. I'm not sure if I'm looking for 2.4.5 or less I'm up for mass claim d3 but we need a way to know who we trust. Maybe . Maybe we should all heal some one we all trust and see if they have a plain to hunt scum .

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”