skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3847, Dwlee99 wrote:No, it wasn't. We had like 5 on dunn
there were 3 and i'm p sure infinity's vote was the one that took unwnd out of the duel in favor of dunn
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

3 at end of day but 2+ moved off just to hammer Toog
I prefer they, thanks :)
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 am

Post by ulyana »

and peta didn’t vote dunnstral but it was petas turn that infinity sheeped so there was sufficient
j'aurai disparu
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3312, Morning Tweet wrote:
"Fateful Duel"

Decision 3.0.11
Toogeloo [5]:
Gypyx, Ydrasse, unwnd, SirCakez, Dunnstral

Dunnstral [4]:
Taly, Dwlee99, Infinity 324, petapan

unwnd [2]:
Saber, skitter30

Saber [1]:
Gamma Emerald

Not Voting [2]:
ulyana, Toogeloo

With 14 contestants remaining, it takes 8 votes to nominate a duelist.
The contestant with the second-most votes at majority or deadline will also be nominated. Plurality and seniority are in effect for both nominations.

The deadline for this decision is in:
(expired on 2021-10-19 17:07:18)
[/mech]

Now playing..

Tia - Deal with the devil

                        
▶ ❚❚ ────────────●──────────────────  1:58 / 4:44
                       
In post 3324, Saber wrote:Dunnstral/Toogeloo isn't the worst result in the world. I think Toogeloo is >random-contestant but at the end of the day they're doing absolutely nothing for the contestants and it's not like what they're doing is hard to fake by any means. It's hard to justify them making it to endgame basically.

Dunnstral has just been somewhat lacking and may have sliped about secret insider stagehand info in the first phase, and may also be the reason Pooky died.

VOTE: Dunnstral
In post 3329, petapan wrote:oh i missed he's E-1

VOTE: toogeloo

spiritually though dunn is the stronger read atm but good names to send
In post 3331, Saber wrote:I'm not really following, do we prefer Toog to be hammered over Dunn?

Sure VOTE: Toogeloo
In post 3332, Morning Tweet wrote:
"Fateful Duel"

Decision 3.0.FINAL
Toogeloo [8!]:
Gypyx, Ydrasse, unwnd, SirCakez, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, petapan, Saber

Dunnstral [3!]:
Taly, Dwlee99, Infinity 324

unwnd [1]:
skitter30

Not Voting [2]:
ulyana, Toogeloo

With 14 contestants remaining, it took 8 votes to nominate the first duelist. A second duelist has also been nominated.
[/mech]

Now playing..

Tia - Deal with the devil

                         
▶ ❚❚ ───────────────●───────────────  2:22 / 4:44
                      
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3828, ulyana wrote:
In post 3823, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3820, ulyana wrote:
In post 3817, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3810, ulyana wrote:
In post 3802, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3795, ulyana wrote:
In post 3793, Harley Quinn wrote:Hi, haven’t read anything but skimmed my predecessor’s ISO, so if anyone could help me catch up what I’ve missed, that would be super.
like, if you're just looking for the events,

event one we chose gamma emerald for the throne of execution
gamma was sabotaged into killing pooky and killed cephrir
then we spared gamma
then we voted dunnstral and toogeloo into a duel
dunnstral died in the duel
rooms were split between everyone voting for toogeloo and everyone else
toogeloo-voting room nominated infinity non-toogeloo-voting room nominated petapan
and that's where we're currently at
How was he sabotaged? The duel part I actually get. How was was Gamma sabotaged into killing both Pooky and Cephir?
‘townslipping’ at it again i see
???

You really need to explain this.
the mafias would know what a sabotage is?
Well I clearly don’t, so why don’t you be helpful and try to explain it to me.
yeah that would be the ‘townslipping’

mafias get to sabotage twice as per morning’s posts

they used one to kill pooky instead of galron and then gamma had to rechoose but could not choose galron again
Which Morning Post? There’s a lot and 152 pages of reading to catch up on. Yes, I can probably find it myself but it would cut down on time I could use for other things. I’m sure you will also accuse me of “townslipping” again but I really don’t gaf, I want to understand the game, so when you’re done with the shade, I’d really like to stop wasting everyone’s time with this and then I can hopefully be useful.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3601, Dwlee99 wrote:Skitter's reasoning for pink not having 2+ scum is terribad. If there are 2 scum, why would they want to appear aligned to push something through when they could just let it be and town in our hood is unlikely to guess the exact 1/8 person. And if that person IS picked, they could still work together if needed to avoid that. I mean look at the vote count, I thought it was ydrasse and that could have easily been avoided if true by any scum even if taly hadn't unvoted unless scum are already both on someone (which then contradicts the logic that they weren't consolidating with each other)
2+ people voting together does not inherently make them look aligned (otherwise we could use this argument on everyone whoever ended up the same wagon together) + i think scum with more control over the pink room would have used the oppurtunity to get a nom on whatever town player they wanted in the blue room

like yes it's unlikely that 3-4 town in a 2+ scum pink room land on the exact last scum in the blue room, but it's also silly to suggest that that many scum would not have taken the oppurtunity to get a nom on whover they wanted in the other room.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Also shiki faked a town slip
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:21 am

Post by ulyana »

@harley

the two shot factional ability of the stagehands; sorry for mass quotes on phone
In post 2, Morning Tweet wrote:
S
LAUGHTER HOUR

Greetings, contestants, and welcome to the grand debut! Our show today functions in ways similar to, but also distinct from a normal game of mafia. Please read all of the following rules carefully.

The Main Events

This game has no daytime or nighttime! Instead, we will play through
event phases
. There will be at least five, but no more than ten events played!

Events
are like mini-games and typically involve all living players making a big decision or many small ones! If the game doesn't involve all living players, the deadlines will be made as short as possible as to mimick a typical night-phase.

Stagehands

The stagehands (scum faction) have access to greater knowledge surrounding the events than the uninformed individual might have from reading the public thread. What this private knowledge may entail... that's up to you to figure out.

Addtionally, the stagehands have a two-shot factional ability to
sabotage
an event. This will typically bend the rules to their favour, and it may cause the game to contradict its previously stated rules.
An event being sabotaged may or may not be publicly announced!

Promises and Disclaimers

Our show today is bastard! However, there are no cults, mid-game alignment changes, or secret wincons. There's no direct moderator influence (including before the game), and I will never tell ridiculous lies!

However, some sabotages may cause moderator info to become inaccurate or not include the full details in some capacity. There are also elements of randomness and misdirection within the setup, but they are very uncommon and are also influenceable by the players despite being deceptive or random.

Serious Content Warning - Unintentional self-harm/suicide is a component of one game. It's not described in detail.

A Final Note

Always remember to have fun and makes lots of laughs!
I look forward to the performance...
j'aurai disparu
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3633, Ydrasse wrote:sircakez/peta/toog
no
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:22 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3843, skitter30 wrote:r.e. sircakez i think you should have gotten to town-him quite a lot earlier than you did, and were pushing him for quite bad reasons - it looked to me like you kept trying to make him vialbe, and when that just wasn't happening but dunn was starting to become a thing, you decided go there instead
we clearly don't think alike so i don't really care where i "should" be reading someone as town on your timeline, i don't care about being first or even getting credit really i just want to arrive at the right answer on my timeline

and i don't even blame you for thinking that about my timing on picoting to dunn, but that's at best a Weight of Sin read against me for being wrong for a big chunk of time, not, like, any play that actually makes sense as scum. either i'd turn on him a lot sooner or i'd keep defending him, i wouldn't expect a late capitulation to help that just seems like the worst of both worlds
free crypto
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:23 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3856, Dwlee99 wrote:Also shiki faked a town slip
i was just doing it both because morning said not to and because of harley’s entrance which i feel like you know based on the … at the end of your first post regarding but maybe not
j'aurai disparu
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3855, skitter30 wrote:2+ people voting together does not inherently make them look aligned (otherwise we could use this argument on everyone whoever ended up the same wagon together) + i think scum with more control over the pink room would have used the oppurtunity to get a nom on whatever town player they wanted in the blue room

like yes it's unlikely that 3-4 town in a 2+ scum pink room land on the exact last scum in the blue room, but it's also silly to suggest that that many scum would not have taken the oppurtunity to get a nom on whover they wanted in the other room.
If scum push different mislims then they can argue for them later!! Why would scum need to consolidate on the same person??? The lack of cohesion does not indicate lack of 2+ scum, i think it indicates there ARE more scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3642, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay so very recently
Can I point out that aside from infinity herself, no one has said they’re voting peta? I’m also the only one who’s voted to abstain. And we’re worried about scum manipulation of the ballot
how exactly
?
i'm voting peta and think that something fuck-y happened in your pt for infinity to be the nom now when it doesn't seem like that many people are scumreading them anyways
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:24 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3849, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3600, petapan wrote:anyway i think in all likelihood if there's scum split between the rooms they likely knew it was going to be incredibly hard to find a target in the blue room that people would support and that likely goes a way toward explaining the discordance of the pink room. theories about its purity are unmoored from reality, especially if toogeloo is town, because there's usually someone avoiding the wagon
>.> you can't argue this but also tell me you're not scum because you wouldn't have allowed yourself to get nommed
i think they're two entirely compatible ideas considering
i know i am town
and if there's scum in the pink room they were okay with me being the nomination
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3652, Infinity 324 wrote:i could see his thought progression there and i felt like it came from a genuine place of trying to reconcile the two different worldviews
i guess my issue is that i *don't* follow his thought process there and it looked like he just kept wanting to find a way to circle back to voting ydra

i also feel like although i *tried* to engage with him on whatever was troubling him r.e. you/me/dwlee/ydra, i never really got responses/engagement back, but instead he just reiterating the same point over and over again while ignoring my attempts to try to sort through whatever the issue was
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3656, Gammagooey wrote:Gypyx is welcome to add context/more info, quick rephrase fmpov: Dunn/Toog interactions during the duel were awkward but prob not scum theater, b/c Dunn putting in effort to do the whole *I have thought through everything and here is my detailed explanation for all the possibilities* would have been followed by more than Toog spinning the barrel if they were both scum together.
fwiw i agree with this + don't think dunn would have tried to justify the shot that way if toog was his partner
Show
Hiatus once more.

Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3857, ulyana wrote:@harley

the two shot factional ability of the stagehands; sorry for mass quotes on phone
S
LAUGHTER HOUR

Greetings, contestants, and welcome to the grand debut! Our show today functions in ways similar to, but also distinct from a normal game of mafia. Please read all of the following rules carefully.

The Main Events

event phases

Events
are like mini-games and typically involve all living players making a big decision or many small ones! If the game doesn't involve all living players, the deadlines will be made as short as possible as to mimick a typical night-phase.

Stagehands

The stagehands (scum faction) have access to greater knowledge surrounding the events than the uninformed individual might have from reading the public thread. What this private knowledge may entail... that's up to you to figure out.

sabotage
an event. This will typically bend the rules to their favour, and it may cause the game to contradict its previously stated rules.

Promises and Disclaimers

Our show today is bastard! However, there are no cults, mid-game alignment changes, or secret wincons. There's no direct moderator influence (including before the game), and I will never tell ridiculous lies!

However, some sabotages may cause moderator info to become inaccurate or not include the full details in some capacity. There are also elements of randomness and misdirection within the setup, but they are very uncommon and are also influenceable by the players despite being deceptive or random.

Serious Content Warning - Unintentional self-harm/suicide is a component of one game. It's not described in detail.

A Final Note

Oh okay, so town votes an executioner to decide the elim but scum can derail it, so that kind of sucks because scum controls our votes or rather the executioner’s. So how do we possibly win this then?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3842, Dwlee99 wrote:Dunn gets in duel with or without infinity
That raises another question: with Saber probably being scum, scum!finity would have been shifting the wagon into their buddy earlier?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3862, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3642, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay so very recently
Can I point out that aside from infinity herself, no one has said they’re voting peta? I’m also the only one who’s voted to abstain. And we’re worried about scum manipulation of the ballot
how exactly
?
i'm voting peta and think that something fuck-y happened in your pt for infinity to be the nom now when it doesn't seem like that many people are scumreading them anyways
that's abjectly wrong - saber, cakez, and ydrasse were all pretty strong on infinity-scum (gypyx was more of a "other people want it so best to go with consensus" opinion), and i felt
they were the best possible vote of anyone in pink room
. trying to make a statement like this is just a distortion

i think it's entirely possible i was wrong now, but i'm not ruling out the possibility just because infinity looks town now because i don't think they'd have many other options for how to play this as scum
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3846, ulyana wrote:
In post 3841, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3833, Harley Quinn wrote:Well I clearly don’t, so why don’t you be helpful and try to explain it to me.
Anyone else see what I see here?
more words please
“Scum know about xyz”
“Well I don’t”
Someone just slipped real bad it looks like
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Taly »

I'm OK with
Infinity
mediating here.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3867, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3842, Dwlee99 wrote:Dunn gets in duel with or without infinity
That raises another question: with Saber probably being town, scum!finity would have been shifting the wagon into their buddy earlier?
Get that right. YW.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3671, Taly wrote:And if she is town, I want to work with Skitter. But her posts about outlining suspicion with my progression over Dwlee without digressing into it and saying my reaction to peta was bad without looking at the following posts that narrated my viewpoint, vexes me.
i feel like i described my issues r.e. dwlee in the pt, no?
also you weren't getting bop'd by your scumgames so that post felt somewhat straw-man-y + the annoyance felt out of place

pedit ok
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:35 am

Post by petapan »

actively annoyed at 3862, like do you even care to get the facts there, skitter? there are six other people who can verify that multiple people thought infinity was the best vote
free crypto
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:36 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3866, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3857, ulyana wrote:@harley

S
LAUGHTER HOUR

The Main Events

event phases

Events

Stagehands

sabotage

Promises and Disclaimers

A Final Note

Oh okay, so town votes an executioner to decide the elim but scum can derail it, so that kind of sucks because scum controls our votes or rather the executioner’s. So how do we possibly win this then?
that was just for the first event, each event has different rules; for this one we are choosing between peta and infinity for elimination, via a secret ballot that takes place after we vote start the vote or after the five day timer expires

and the scums have at most one sabotage remaining
j'aurai disparu

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”