Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1096, Towelie wrote:
In post 1090, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: kyouko
What even is this rn
gamma, what exactly are you seeing here?

-b
Effort compared to towngames feels very muted
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 929, Towelie wrote:Mostly just trying to elicit some engagement, and I thought you might have some insight about how she approaches town vs scum.

In addition I was kinda hoping lilith could be a backdoor into sorting that slot by someone with experience there after my colossal failure to get it right in MELO

-b
@bork does notsci have an opinion on me? I thought he had a decent rate of reading me in the past few games

- lilith
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:54 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1100, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What even is this rn

-b
Not every one of my towngames is going to be an Owner's Market Blitz.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1074, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I think bears also flip red,
but I think Critter can escape certain doom easier than they can, so long as we remember it's Pooky and Noraa we're dealing with. Not run-of-the-mill scum.
don't really like this considering M&M had i think 3 votes at this point when you hopped on critter as (i believe) the first vote, unless you have a difference in confidence levels here, which i don't get from this post. I'm not sure what the underlined part means, esp since the qualifier "M&M are capable scum players" doesn't seem to support the assertion you're making that critter has an easier time potentially wiggling out of this

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:57 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1101, Venus Fly Trap wrote:@bork does notsci have an opinion on me? I thought he had a decent rate of reading me in the past few games
Paraphrasing: "not impressed at this time but i know she's been sick"; we know you were AWOL sitewide during that time too.

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1101, Venus Fly Trap wrote:I thought he had a decent rate of reading me in the past few games
I thought the same about skitter and me but here we are in whatever's going on w/ her right now

-b
f the steelers
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:12 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 967, Cabd wrote:
Earlier page tops have been converted to proper vote counts. No prods as you are all very active busy bees!
Did you put your Samus messages backwards on purpose?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Towelie »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13084439#p13084439]post 1080[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:If there are any questions you are dying to ask or whatever just @us.
do you, in fact, have my back?

just really not used to seeing an utter nothingburger from you d1

gave me early hope since it seemed like you might be engaged or at least reading -- how did you get those reads and have they changed since then?

-b
f the steelers
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1102, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1100, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What even is this rn

-b
Not every one of my towngames is going to be an Owner's Market Blitz.
You’re barely generating useful content tho
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:42 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

The same can be said of most of the playerlist imo. As for why I am not though, I've read through only once since replacing in, then it was the weekend, where I am known to be less active, and on top of that, I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.

I feel like the game probably makes the most sense if they're both town and scum are lurking, but Critter is kind of sucking my enjoyment out of the game right now.

I tried to join before this filled because I really like Mountain Dew, and thought it would be a fun theme, but it filled before I could /in. Now I'm replaced in and I'm being tunneled for talking about mountain dew. It's demoralizing. I'm probably going to try to ignore critter because he's going to die for softing invest anyways, and if he doesnt die he can give results later.

I think by engaging with Wisdom and Critter I give them things to talk about. If I disengage they can provide content on other slots. If either falls off probably they were just stalling as scum. Will reread in the next couple.days.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Wisdom »

Nobody is tunneling you for talking about mountain dew but sure, every scum flails when they feel they are attacked for the wrong reasons
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1109, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:The same can be said of most of the playerlist imo. As for why I am not though, I've read through only once since replacing in, then it was the weekend, where I am known to be less active, and on top of that, I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.

I feel like the game probably makes the most sense if they're both town and scum are lurking, but Critter is kind of sucking my enjoyment out of the game right now.

I tried to join before this filled because I really like Mountain Dew, and thought it would be a fun theme, but it filled before I could /in. Now I'm replaced in and I'm being tunneled for talking about mountain dew. It's demoralizing. I'm probably going to try to ignore critter because he's going to die for softing invest anyways, and if he doesnt die he can give results later.

I think by engaging with Wisdom and Critter I give them things to talk about. If I disengage they can provide content on other slots. If either falls off probably they were just stalling as scum. Will reread in the next couple.days.
Interesting. You think I softed invest lmao lmao

No Townie says that ever hahahahaha

Not an invest anyway but still

Get rekt.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Critter »

You also realize 90% of the push on you is Wisdom yeah?
Only reason you were brought up again was my posts were confusing.

I was more than happy to just stay the confusing idiot of the game.
But noooo someone had to go poke at something I didn’t want poked.

Please die for trying to out a supposed invest. Not one but this is a death sentence
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Critter »

VOTE: Kyo double checking my vote is here
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1109, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:The same can be said of most of the playerlist imo. As for why I am not though, I've read through only once since replacing in, then it was the weekend, where I am known to be less active, and on top of that, I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.

I tried to join before this filled because I really like Mountain Dew, and thought it would be a fun theme, but it filled before I could /in. Now I'm replaced in and I'm being tunneled for talking about mountain dew. It's demoralizing.
I'm probably going to try to ignore critter because he's going to die for softing invest anyways, and if he doesnt die he can give results later.

Town never does the bold. Like ever.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1109, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.
In my experience, this is a really easy way for scum me to appear engaged while not really contributing
I would like if you could focus on other slots, you don't have to engage everyone, just some people
<Embrace The Void>

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:46 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 1097, Venus Fly Trap wrote:@MUSH
In post 897, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 882, Venus Fly Trap wrote:@MUSH, can you talk to me about your read on SS?

- lilith
Thoughts are insufficient data. I literally woke up, ran down the stairs and went to the bank so I need some time to get my bearings. Best recollection is I don’t have enough to go on, though, which makes me want to squish it.

I’ll ISO and get my brain spinning while I eat.
"Insufficient data" seems different to me than what you had said before about SS:
In post 245, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Welp.

Calling Dunn flipping red. Regardless of flip, I also like the bears for scum right now.

Eyes on Critter, Something_Smart, StrangeMatter.
In post 166, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 161, Critter wrote:
In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:Basically I can tell he’s being sarcastic
Oh no. I think you misunderstand me. I am saying he’s scum because it’s sarcastic. I read it like Valley Girl tone of “Guess you’re the only person who reads matter”. It’s a put down to M while subtly agreeing that something I did was scummy.
I'd say deniably, not subtly, at the very most. I read it more like buddying you. Either way, because Something_Smart jumped too early (whoopsie doodle!), I got what I wanted out of this -- reads gathered include you town, Something_Smart leaning scum, Gamma leaning town, StrangeMatter hovering (which indicates scum for me if it goes on too long).

VOTE: StrangeMatter

But I don't want to wait for that to resolve. My read of StrangeMatter is that I'll be here awhile if I want to wait for it to happen. So I'm gonna shove here and see what gives, instead.

PEDIT: Well, looks like you got away from the "subtly" language at least.
has something changed that made you back off from your initial read?

- lilith
Not in the game, but yeah, something has changed. Yesterday I ran out of cigarettes and I've been downhill mentally ever since. That's legit what changed -- I don't remember half of my reads or reasons for those reads and I have awful brain fog now. Sorry, I know this looks bad for me but it's what I got. I have a reread I said I'd complete yesterday before meds bit me, so I'll see if I can explain myself in the reread, but I wouldn't count on it.... all my plots and schemes are gone, poof.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:51 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 1103, Towelie wrote:
In post 1074, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I think bears also flip red,
but I think Critter can escape certain doom easier than they can, so long as we remember it's Pooky and Noraa we're dealing with. Not run-of-the-mill scum.
don't really like this considering M&M had i think 3 votes at this point when you hopped on critter as (i believe) the first vote, unless you have a difference in confidence levels here, which i don't get from this post. I'm not sure what the underlined part means, esp since the qualifier "M&M are capable scum players" doesn't seem to support the assertion you're making that critter has an easier time potentially wiggling out of this

-b
Never mind this, Critter got the promised effect, so I'm gonna call it on this. ssbm sucks now and I don't like it.

For future reference, I think Critter is as manipulative and cunning as either of the bear-pair, and has the benefit of less familiarity with the player list (thus getting benefit of the doubt). If Critter's scum, I think Critter would be able to get out of a sticky position much easier than the Norky Bears as scum could against people who already doubt them, primarily for the lack of familiarity.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Critter »

I actually haven’t yet. I am manipulative as scum and I am not but I don’t know you? *confused eyeball stare*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Y'all post a lot on my one busy evening a week.

Reading up now.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 am

In post 944, Critter wrote:I think you can do a reads wall/list and keep the nuance. Please. :)
Okay, I guess...

Everyone else

If that isn't satisfying, well, I told you so.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 am

In post 945, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I'm unwilling to make any firm commitments there, but I like calling it town play for now.
Why's that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:14 am

In post 957, Venus Fly Trap wrote:his recent scumgame in radio buzz, wherein he coasted for ~2 dayphases on saying a lot of ineffectual nothings and never really sat down and provided reads or tried to solve despite promising to do so.
This feels inaccurate :/ I don't believe I made empty promises there? I think it was more that people kept asking me for more and I was just flat-out refusing to give it. And then I started making mechanical arguments and they went right over everyone's head.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:16 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 1118, Critter wrote:I actually haven’t yet. I am manipulative as scum and I am not but I don’t know you? *confused eyeball stare*
I think you're manipulative as either alignment, Critter. I think you try and keep it on the downlow, but you're still manipulative. That makes you dangerous as scum. And no, we don't know each other, this is just a judgment call based on what I see of your play here. I don't use meta for players I haven't played with, and I don't even like using it then. It's a crutch where my normal ability to play fails, not a primary tool.

Also, I'm glad my worse-than-usual memory kept my vote on you if you didn't get the promised effect from ssbm, since I distrust you even more now. (Also I don't know what the hell an invest is and MS wiki isn't helpful with it.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:17 am

Invest = investigative role.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”