Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-14

Besides, the real theft is the Pepsi company daring remove WhiteOut from stores in the USA, stole my heart and dashed it on the rocks.

Venus Fly Trap (5): Lady Lamdadelta,Gamma Emerald, Towelie, Dunnstral, MUSHSHAGANA
E. M. M. I. (2): ssbm_Kyouko, Wisdom
Milk & Mocha (1): Venus Fly Trap
ssbm_Kyouko (1): Critter
Dunnstral (1): Milk & Mocha
Gamma Emerald (1): StrangeMatter

Not Voting (2): Something_Smart, E. M. M. I.

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate a flavor.

Current Deadline: (expired on 2021-11-02 20:02:57)
Last edited by Cabd on Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

So I really don't like Critter.

I have been back and forth on Critter and Wisdom because I think ssbm was right about those two not being red together (too much apparent coordination), and I gave a good think where I thought the scum lay in that pair.

I think that my problem with Wisdom is primarily a playstyle mismatch combined with Wisdom's general posting style being close to the sort of wording that's used by all the little doubts I have in my head that are loud about how I'm dragging the game down singlehandedly with my brainfog... Put bluntly, it's my damage. It's not AI, it's just something that pushes my internal buttons, and I'm not about to ask Wisdom to change everything about his posting for my sake.

Critter feels subversive. There's a lot of talk about town cohesion, bringing the town together, but when side-conversations occur about his slot, he starts tearing it up and driving wedges to spike the conversation dead. It's very... self-centered? play, which isn't necessarily anti-town, but what gets me is how when trying to direct/command/lead town it's very go-us, work-together, deadline-is-near, and when it comes to his slot it's very this-is-a-bad-idea, stop-saying-that, you'll-regret-this. There's no trust for players to come to equilibrium with specifically his own personal slot in particular.

But that's not to say it's only his slot he does it with. I also see the same thing going on with regard to ssbm. Don't debate! Don't ask questions! Just Vote!

Maybe it's my tendency to question authorities in general but I distrust Critter because of this playstyle. It's demanding but gives no regard for the far side. It's incoherent when comparing the big picture against local events. And I have a gut feeling that I just don't like Critter's play at all.

LLD wants VFT, so we're going to crush VFT today. But I want to voice my thoughts on Critter in strong terms while I have a clear mind.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Towelie »

oh nvm i misread his post

but yeah

-b
f the steelers
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1399, Towelie wrote:i think gamma would agree

-b
wut
Why’d I bring up something if I didn’t think it was relevant?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1401, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:It's very... self-centered? play, which isn't necessarily anti-town
actually contributed to a townread for me for most of the game

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1403, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why’d I bring up something if I didn’t think it was relevant?
ignore me i misread what you put

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1349, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Vote: Venus Fly Trap

Their stance on MM and Emmi is not good, their reads list reads like it was manufactured, not generated, their interactions with towlie make them look WAY worse and I think Towlie looks pretty town and finally their Signal to Noise ratio is way too high for my liking, especially for a slot that called others out on it. I can't find a solid stance in their ISO about most anything, mostly it's fights they're picking with the intent to stop others from progressing suspicions, not progressing their own.

Their reads (and their vote) haven't shifted this game near at all despite pages of content.

This is where I want to land today. If I'm wrong, there's nearly ALWAYS a scum in Wisdom/Dunnstral at that point.
hello, hi!

- what about my stance on mm/emmi is not good
- readlist was definitely not manufactured!
- i am still not convinced that bork is town (and we can go through the whole thing where this is not the approach scum-me takes with bork, if you'd like). i do not llike notsci's critter push
- dunno what you mean by signal-to-noise ratio
- i believe i have a quite a few solid stances in my iso on quite a lot of things, and i object to the characterization that i'm picking fights for nefarious purposes
- still think mm is scum, but am realizing that voting them is accomplishing close to nothing, was quasi-following along earlier and was gonna shift my vote to emmi when i posted tonight. you are free to believe that, or not, if you wish

i think i'm at e2 now or something, plz let me read through and give reads before y'all rush this

~ skitteR
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1406, Venus Fly Trap wrote:and we can go through the whole thing where this is not the approach scum-me takes with bork, if you'd like
i'm listening

-b
f the steelers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Are you asking the ic or the people who sheeped the ic?
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1401, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:So I really don't like Critter.

I have been back and forth on Critter and Wisdom because I think ssbm was right about those two not being red together (too much apparent coordination), and I gave a good think where I thought the scum lay in that pair.

I think that my problem with Wisdom is primarily a playstyle mismatch combined with Wisdom's general posting style being close to the sort of wording that's used by all the little doubts I have in my head that are loud about how I'm dragging the game down singlehandedly with my brainfog... Put bluntly, it's my damage. It's not AI, it's just something that pushes my internal buttons, and I'm not about to ask Wisdom to change everything about his posting for my sake.

Critter feels subversive. There's a lot of talk about town cohesion, bringing the town together, but when side-conversations occur about his slot, he starts tearing it up and driving wedges to spike the conversation dead. It's very... self-centered? play, which isn't necessarily anti-town, but what gets me is how when trying to direct/command/lead town it's very go-us, work-together, deadline-is-near, and when it comes to his slot it's very this-is-a-bad-idea, stop-saying-that, you'll-regret-this. There's no trust for players to come to equilibrium with specifically his own personal slot in particular.

But that's not to say it's only his slot he does it with. I also see the same thing going on with regard to ssbm. Don't debate! Don't ask questions! Just Vote!

Maybe it's my tendency to question authorities in general but I distrust Critter because of this playstyle. It's demanding but gives no regard for the far side. It's incoherent when comparing the big picture against local events. And I have a gut feeling that I just don't like Critter's play at all.

LLD wants VFT, so we're going to crush VFT today. But I want to voice my thoughts on Critter in strong terms while I have a clear mind.
Yes my play is self centered and with good reason.
I am not LLD or you or Gamma and I don’t pretend to me.

I am not a wordsmith and I don’t pretend to be.
That’s not where my strengths are.
Yes I am manipulative as scum. I admit that.
There’s a game I replaced into and almost won if I didn’t have the setup spec wrong at the tail end.
The difference is I am pretending like every post is my last.
So I am trying to stop derpage at the same time trying not to say other things that are bad.

So yes I am reserved and if trying not to be “rah rah give me elim” is manipulative so fucking be it.

I am doing my absolute damndest to stop bullshit.
So if that means AtE it does.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1406, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 1349, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Vote: Venus Fly Trap

Their stance on MM and Emmi is not good, their reads list reads like it was manufactured, not generated, their interactions with towlie make them look WAY worse and I think Towlie looks pretty town and finally their Signal to Noise ratio is way too high for my liking, especially for a slot that called others out on it. I can't find a solid stance in their ISO about most anything, mostly it's fights they're picking with the intent to stop others from progressing suspicions, not progressing their own.

Their reads (and their vote) haven't shifted this game near at all despite pages of content.

This is where I want to land today. If I'm wrong, there's nearly ALWAYS a scum in Wisdom/Dunnstral at that point.
hello, hi!

- what about my stance on mm/emmi is not good
- readlist was definitely not manufactured!
- i am still not convinced that bork is town (and we can go through the whole thing where this is not the approach scum-me takes with bork, if you'd like). i do not llike notsci's critter push
- dunno what you mean by signal-to-noise ratio
- i believe i have a quite a few solid stances in my iso on quite a lot of things, and i object to the characterization that i'm picking fights for nefarious purposes
- still think mm is scum, but am realizing that voting them is accomplishing close to nothing, was quasi-following along earlier and was gonna shift my vote to emmi when i posted tonight. you are free to believe that, or not, if you wish

i think i'm at e2 now or something, plz let me read through and give reads before y'all rush this

~ skitteR
I'm in no rush and we have days left. Take your time, stand and deliver.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:32 pm

Like everyone needs to understand I chose to do this with like, nearly a week left (5 days and change now) because we have that time and I want to be able to use it if I need it so.

We're not in a rush, take your time.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1411, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like everyone needs to understand I chose to do this with like, nearly a week left (5 days and change now) because we have that time and I want to be able to use it if I need it so.

We should be in a rush though. That’s the issue. I wish I wasn’t an alt I could say (thing) and then you’d see my point. This is infuriating.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Critter »

I townread Wisdom and Dunnstral is like a bad elim for the same reason Kyo is a good elim like fuck.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1412, Critter wrote:I wish I wasn’t an alt I could say (thing) and then you’d see my point. This is infuriating.
Lol

World's tiniest violin or something
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1413, Critter wrote:I townread Wisdom and Dunnstral is like a bad elim for the same reason Kyo is a good elim like fuck.
:?:
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1415, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1413, Critter wrote:I townread Wisdom and Dunnstral is like a bad elim for the same reason Kyo is a good elim like fuck.
:?:
This is when I just wish I had a rubber wall nearby. *sigh*
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Towelie »

Didn’t I already debunk the kyo case?

Lmao
f the steelers
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 pm

In post 1412, Critter wrote:
In post 1411, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like everyone needs to understand I chose to do this with like, nearly a week left (5 days and change now) because we have that time and I want to be able to use it if I need it so.

We should be in a rush though. That’s the issue. I wish I wasn’t an alt I could say (thing) and then you’d see my point. This is infuriating.
I'm so confused why you feel we need to rush this day, I just took the time to control the pace of the game, the game died for a whole 24 hours as I shut it down and now we're resetting with new info.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1412, Critter wrote:We should be in a rush though. That’s the issue. I wish I wasn’t an alt I could say (thing) and then you’d see my point. This is infuriating.
I don't feel like i'm taking into account the overall body of work of a person when deciding whether to consider their points

I don't really think anyone else is either

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1352, Towelie wrote:
In post 1349, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:their interactions with towlie make them look WAY worse
basically where I ended up yesterday despite where i was earlier. I understand skitter being suspicious of the early townread i threw but she went from 0 to whoa on me like she was testing for cracks in the armor rather than trying to form a read, not really taking into account anything i said (or at least not really stating why she didn't like us other than meta after that), and while i don't think their should be a burden of proficiency on her townreading me, i think bringing up meta early and hanging one game over my head despite having a pretty large other body of work to try to work with (IF she wants to use meta, which is not something i demanded she do) as a reason to scumread me here seemed disingenuous to me.

notty is =/ on lilith, he can elaborate if he wants to

VOTE: vft

-b
a few things:

a) i object to the characterization that i 'went from 0 to whoa' on you, especially sicne i don't think i went to 'whoa' on you at all, and if anything i feel like your reactiosn to things i said were pretty extreme whose intensity didn't really match what i did or said

b) you're kinda a high-priority sort for me, so yeah, the fact that i wasn't townreading u meant that i wanted to spend time trying to sort you.

c) there's not a universe where scum-me thinks it's a good idea to do anything but slap a townread on u and call it a day. idk why you think i'd be approaching this as 'testing for cracks in the armor' here, or why you think that's a more likely universe than me trying to get a read on u

d) i was suspicious of the early townread, yeah, cuz i don't think i'd done enuf to be townread and i think u should have recognized that. it felt too early and if anything like *you* were trying to slap a townread on me for not much depth at all

e) i'm not using meta alone, but yeah i still don't think you've been town-bork in the way i'd expect

f) can't really speak to the notsci lilith stuff, sorry

~ skitteR
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1357, Towelie wrote:i think the feeling i'm going to feel is complicated no matter which way she flips. tenet mood vs melo mood.

-b
i mean yeah
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1419, Towelie wrote:I don't feel like i'm taking into account the overall body of work of a person [outside of this game] when deciding whether to consider their points
ebwop

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1417, Towelie wrote:Didn’t I already debunk the kyo case?

Lmao
You said words that were countered by me. I left for work anything after that and if any “countering” is there I will see it later.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1359, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1357, Towelie wrote:i think the feeling i'm going to feel is complicated no matter which way she flips. tenet mood vs melo mood.

-b
Well Tenet is why I hope I'm just right because I really don't wanna be wrong and then be yelled at, I guess.
well i'm feeling more fickle and less ~invested~ than i was at that point in tenet, so probably no yelling, but will be kinda annoyed, yeah

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”