Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

people pushing rushing are always >rand scum btw.

Scum hate having to towntell over a longer period of time
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 560, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 556, numberQ wrote:I don't know if witnessing an interaction and coming out the other side with some +town and +scum points counts as pocketing the people who got the +town points.

Is my team suggestion part of that pocketing interpretation? Are you opposed to being on a team with those 3? (I say 3 and not 4 because MT is only incidental due to being the only captain. I'd be happy with the 4 of you on any team together, preferably with the 5th being a strong townread)
I think I might be losing my tr on you. I’m extremely suspicious of slots who try to control the game so early but not in the way MT did which I like much better.
:facepalm:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 516, numberQ wrote:Slightly stream of conscious as I read...

I think Gamma vs Nora is SvT, idk which is which though. That means they should probably be on a team together imo.

The Nora townslip thing. I dunno, it feels genuine. Some of the pressure on them about it feels less genuine, particularly Koba + Gamma. I don't know if scum would back each other up that hard though. I also don't like Gamma's 321. Gonna say Gamma is a scumread.

Loki's early interactions with Nora were okay but later posts ping me a little. Couldn't tell you why without going back through.

Still not sure I get the logic behind everyone voting MT and letting her pick the first group. Makes more sense to me for us to decide as a group what each captain should do. Then if someone deviates, idk if that'd be confscum per se, but it would certainly be highly suspicious. I guess that's not mutually exclusive with everyone voting MT, to be fair.

But after a few more pages, seems like any and all voting strategy has been thrown out the window anyway.

I think MT's team should include Nora, Gamma, Loki, and Koba. In other words the main actors in the townslip interaction. There's at least 1 scum in there, maybe 2. More is unlikely I think.
Im not letting nora near any team im on screw off please and thanks
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

nevermind i see why loki said that now

i still think number town but holy shit why are rands always so bad for me in these kinds of games where the townies are the worst to work with and easily trust obvscum trying to manipulate the gamestate into a low info state
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 556, numberQ wrote:I don't know if witnessing an interaction and coming out the other side with some +town and +scum points counts as pocketing the people who got the +town points.

Is my team suggestion part of that pocketing interpretation? Are you opposed to being on a team with those 3? (I say 3 and not 4 because MT is only incidental due to being the only captain. I'd be happy with the 4 of you on any team together, preferably with the 5th being a strong townread)
I think I might be losing my tr on you. I’m extremely suspicious of slots who try to control the game so early but not in the way MT did which I like much better.
how exactly is Q trying to control the game?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yes im.being disingenous with the speed with how i referenced the universal.towm role pm that definitely comes from scum whl didnt need to comfirm that
Yes im drunk and with my bf amd im annoyed
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 550, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw this is an 21 player game and we already have 22 pages just trying to finish thr first team.

I think game exhaustion is going to be an way bigger future threat than subpar team choices. Which is why i’m on the side of doing this as fast as possible so we can move on with the game.
maybe if people like you ydrasse etc didnt just post nonsense garbage thats active lurky trying to just subtly rush things we wouldn't have 20 pages like this (:
plus this is a shitty excuse when this is clearly going to lead to some sort of elimination phase so info gathering is important as this is more akin to like the coalition phase of a game of coalition.
retired
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

im not being subtle about anything
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 578, DkKoba wrote:nevermind i see why loki said that now

i still think number town but holy shit why are rands always so bad for me in these kinds of games where the townies are the worst to work with and easily trust obvscum trying to manipulate the gamestate into a low info state
That’s why I really like D’arby for captain because we ideally need to strike a balance between getting teams filled and having proper time to sort.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 563, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 77, numberQ wrote:
In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I like MT number and darby for town rn -> number is my strongest atm
Is mech analysis really that much of a towntell?

Also I'm innocent child, idk why Pooky hasn't confirmed that yet
Oh wait, is this for real?
This was a joke
In post 577, DkKoba wrote:[snip]
So who do you want in MT's team? I forget what consensus if any there was regarding what our goal should be re: town and scum distribution through the teams, but I like the idea of spreading scum out if possible. I feel the discussion surrounding Nora has at least 1 scum in it and no more than 2, so to me that seems like a prime candidate for grouping.
Hey!
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 579, Gamma Emerald wrote:

how exactly is Q trying to control the game?
Did you not read their posts?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeah thats why i wanted to wait till irl day 3-5 to choose the rest of captains lmao

lkke seriously townies trying to rush: have some *patience* and if youre bored actually *read* the game *interpret * content *interact* with people
retired
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 584, numberQ wrote:
In post 563, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 77, numberQ wrote:
In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I like MT number and darby for town rn -> number is my strongest atm
Is mech analysis really that much of a towntell?

Also I'm innocent child, idk why Pooky hasn't confirmed that yet
Oh wait, is this for real?
This was a joke
In post 577, DkKoba wrote:[snip]
So who do you want in MT's team? I forget what consensus if any there was regarding what our goal should be re: town and scum distribution through the teams, but I like the idea of spreading scum out if possible. I feel the discussion surrounding Nora has at least 1 scum in it and no more than 2, so to me that seems like a prime candidate for grouping.
Why do you think this? Isn’t it better to try to find likely alltown teams if possible?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I already explained why we want to prefer to *stack* a full team with probable scum and i would hope people would realize that by actually speculating what the game could be
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

pretty nora spewed like half their team already too and it even lines up with my reads up to then. I havent had any evidence dispute or put my reads into doubt so far except flip flopping on firebringer.
retired
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 143, DkKoba wrote:MT is already voted captain

MT has 24 hours to choose

anyone can vote for them to be eligible to be chosen by MT

the people who were in the first 5 to vote for MT are locked from voting anyone else right now

once MT chooses a team, we can continue voting for captains as normal
I can switch my vote to MT in that case. I just feel the best about D’Arby but I will switch if necessary.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

See this is why Koba is annoying in this game.
This is a large theme game that’s sorta like a rollercoaster ride.

I’m not playing increase my win percentage.

I’m not playing to impress anybody.

I have no obligation to not shitpost as much as i like.

I’m just in for the ride.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 589, DkKoba wrote:pretty nora spewed like half their team already too and it even lines up with my reads up to then. I havent had any evidence dispute or put my reads into doubt so far except flip flopping on firebringer.
Who do you think that is?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Loki
D’Arby
Koba
MT
Norwee
tictac

I think all these are town. Anyone disagree?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by numberQ »

Okay, I was typing something out to explain why I thought spreading out would be better, but I think I changed my own mind? Tell me if my logic is shit.

I think there are two possibilities for what the game will be.

1) Each team eliminates one of their own.
2) We decide on an entire team to be eliminated.

Assume it's option 1. If one of the teams is all town, then we're guaranteed to lose a town. The other teams then have a chance to eliminate scum. If one of those other groups is all scum, then we're also guaranteeing scum gets eliminated, so basically trading town for scum. But the problem is, we can never know for sure if that team is all scum or not. So they get to be performative, and they get to strategically choose which one of them dies, rather than a typical mafia elimination where town have input. So sure, we've traded town for scum, but I'd argue we've put them in a better position for it.

Assume it's option 2. If one of the teams is all town, that team is unlikely to be chosen for elimination. If we have another team stacked with strong scumreads, then it's likely we're taking out multiple scum in one shot. This is the point where I realized the benefit of the "stack a scum team" strategy.

So basically, if we land on a team with all scum, then I think it maximizes the amount of scum we take out in whatever follows this team forming phase.

Of course, if ends up being a 3rd option, then idk what the fuck to do.
Hey!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 591, NorwegianboyEE wrote:See this is why Koba is annoying in this game.
This is a large theme game that’s sorta like a rollercoaster ride.

I’m not playing increase my win percentage.

I’m not playing to impress anybody.

I have no obligation to not shitpost as much as i like.

I’m just in for the ride.
wanna play connect 4
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 593, Loki Dokie wrote:Loki
D’Arby
Koba
MT
Norwee
tictac

I think all these are town. Anyone disagree?
Besides you they are probably my strongest townreads. And that does make 5. So if our goal is to have at least one team with all town, I'd be okay with this one minus Loki.
Hey!
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 594, numberQ wrote:Okay, I was typing something out to explain why I thought spreading out would be better, but I think I changed my own mind? Tell me if my logic is shit.

I think there are two possibilities for what the game will be.

1) Each team eliminates one of their own.
2) We decide on an entire team to be eliminated.

Assume it's option 1. If one of the teams is all town, then we're guaranteed to lose a town. The other teams then have a chance to eliminate scum. If one of those other groups is all scum, then we're also guaranteeing scum gets eliminated, so basically trading town for scum. But the problem is, we can never know for sure if that team is all scum or not. So they get to be performative, and they get to strategically choose which one of them dies, rather than a typical mafia elimination where town have input. So sure, we've traded town for scum, but I'd argue we've put them in a better position for it.

Assume it's option 2. If one of the teams is all town, that team is unlikely to be chosen for elimination. If we have another team stacked with strong scumreads, then it's likely we're taking out multiple scum in one shot. This is the point where I realized the benefit of the "stack a scum team" strategy.

So basically, if we land on a team with all scum, then I think it maximizes the amount of scum we take out in whatever follows this team forming phase.

Of course, if ends up being a 3rd option, then idk what the fuck to do.
Oh okay I see now, sorry then I’m probably wrong. I think I’m very obviously town here so would then prefer to have only one possibly suspect slot on my team.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Noraa »

hehe ok so far my draft of the scum team looks something like

q/ydrasse, morning, tictac, gamma/dk, loki. something like that.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 598, Noraa wrote:hehe ok so far my draft of the scum team looks something like

q/ydrasse, morning, tictac, gamma/dk, loki. something like that.
Can you really have reads this bad an be town?

I’m town and I think MT, Koba definitely are and eventhough tictac’s reasoning for changing their read on me was wrong, I liked their reasoning as in it looked to come from a townie mindset.

Oh and btw, what happened to your Q read? Did you suddenly forget about it?

I think I was wrong and they’re probably town, I just didn’t understand how the setup works.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”