Newbie 2082 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 399, Greeting wrote:No one died. This means: we have a Doctor who saved the nightkill or we have a Jailkeeper who targeted either the nightkill or someone who might have tried to kill.

Or...
someone
is lying.

I honestly don’t understand why no one is discussing this. What a weird game.
Please, stop trying to drag my townlean into the ground.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.01
frogsfrogs (1) -
catboi
Val89 (1) -
MafMen

Not Voting (6) -
Val89, frogsfrogs, StrangeMatter, igorsprite, Greeting, implosion

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2021-11-13 11:05:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 400, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 399, Greeting wrote:No one died. This means: we have a Doctor who saved the nightkill or we have a Jailkeeper who targeted either the nightkill or someone who might have tried to kill.

Or...
someone
is lying.

Is this just because you think he could be rolefishing?
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 399, Greeting wrote:I honestly don’t understand why no one is discussing this. What a weird game.
Yeah, I don't know what we discuss about this without PR coming out. Those who have the information know if it's important or not. What do you expect to get from this?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 402, implosion wrote:

Or...
someone
is lying.

Not rolefishing, but the part bolded just feels entirely like shading Igor, an unCCed claim remind you.
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 403, frogsfrogs wrote:
In post 399, Greeting wrote:I honestly don’t understand why no one is discussing this. What a weird game.
Yeah, I don't know what we discuss about this without PR coming out. Those who have the information know if it's important or not. What do you expect to get from this?
Asking pretty genuinely here by the way. What are we able to get as town from
just
knowing there was no kill, especially without giving the Maf too much extra knowledge?? Like, I can't think of anything. Sucks for us that igor didn't get anything, but it's fine, it's fine.
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 379, catboi wrote:VOTE: frogsfrogs

Starting here. Think their day 1 amounted mostly to opportunistic sheeping, little in the way of their own thoughts, the things people have given them towncred for are laughably shallow.
I'd disagree that I gave very few of my thoughts. :? I was definitely vote shy for part of the day in a way people super aren't here, but I think I've been clear about myself and my reads. What do you think was less "oppertunistic sheeping" about your #3 Thynhith vote as opposed to mine??
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 397, implosion wrote:I'm open to frogs, catboi and potentially StrangeMatter today. Still not interested in val or greeting, MafMen I can be convinced on but it would take a fair amount. I agree with catboi that frogs is one of the least townish people here but I also think if frogs is town then it's entirely possible catboi is scum who sees a townie that they think they can maneuver back into the lim pool; I'm decently confident there'd be scum in the two of them anyway just because of PoE.
I admit frogs is probably a player I'd be pushing here as scum. But I'm town this game and I should b able to prove that eventually.

Or...
someone
is lying.

Probably because there's nothing actually interesting to be gleaned from discussing it at this time. I have theories as to what happened. I don't believe outing them now will help.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 406, frogsfrogs wrote:

Starting here. Think their day 1 amounted mostly to opportunistic sheeping, little in the way of their own thoughts, the things people have given them towncred for are laughably shallow.
I'd disagree that I gave very few of my thoughts. :? I was definitely vote shy for part of the day in a way people super aren't here, but I think I've been clear about myself and my reads. What do you think was less "oppertunistic sheeping" about your #3 Thynhith vote as opposed to mine??
Are you asking me why I believe
my own vote
wasn't scummy?

Yes, I sheeped implo's case because it made sense to me. That does not matter in terms of me perceiving your actions as not being town motivated.
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by MafMen »

i cba to put effort into a game when theres like 10 posts every 24 hours so id love to call it a day and just say one of frogs/catboi is wolf because both are in my poe but i probably need more effort than that to reach the quota
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by MafMen »

im sticking with what i know best and thats that val is maybe possibly a filthy wolf
i could be convinced on eiither frogs or catboi i guess
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:40 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 404, StrangeMatter wrote:Not rolefishing, but the part bolded just feels entirely like shading Igor, an unCCed claim remind you.
What does scum get out of shading igor, an unCCed claim remind you?

Do you think scum would think they could get a lim on igor?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by implosion »

frogs: could you give a general overview of how you feel on everyone in the game right now?
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:51 pm

Post by igorsprite »

Oh, lied about what i did last night to see you guys reaction xd. i used my role and we have a doctor
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:48 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 413, igorsprite wrote:Oh, lied about what i did last night to see you guys reaction xd. i used my role and we have a doctor
?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:54 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 411, implosion wrote:
In post 404, StrangeMatter wrote:Not rolefishing, but the part bolded just feels entirely like shading Igor, an unCCed claim remind you.
What does scum get out of shading igor, an unCCed claim remind you?

Do you think scum would think they could get a lim on igor?
I know this is technically not very relevant but it could be used to sow doubt into the validity of a role for later, especially when someone's done that, but it was a Upick (You get to choose your flavor if I remember right), and roles are only assigned by the moderator and we don't get to know some or all of the setup in those.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 404, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 402, implosion wrote:

Or...
someone
is lying.

Not rolefishing, but the part bolded just feels entirely like shading Igor, an unCCed claim remind you.
In post 413, igorsprite wrote:Oh, lied about what i did last night to see you guys reaction xd. i used my role and we have a doctor
Looks like my post aged even better than one could expect.

@igorsprite give me one good reason why I should believe your second claim and not vote you out for nonchalantly lying.
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:10 am

Post by igorsprite »

In post 416, Greeting wrote: @igorsprite give me one good reason why I should believe your second claim and not vote you out for nonchalantly lying.
because i'm the tracker
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:16 am

Post by igorsprite »

we can wait the CC and vote for me and the CC next day, the town is already in advantage because no one died last night, so sacrifice a PR to eliminate a scum is fine i guess :thinking:
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:18 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Let's just...stop talking about PRs please and get actual reads in.
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:22 am

Post by igorsprite »

just clarifying, i'm not the doctor, i said that my role worked and i think that the doctor protected me last night
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:38 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 412, implosion wrote:frogs: could you give a general overview of how you feel on everyone in the game right now?
Yep! From roughly least to most confident--

StrangeMatter slot : I assumed PseudoAristotle to be town based on their early posting and StrangeMatter hasn't done anything yet to change that. Lightly town, not much to go on.

Greeting : I've publicly gone back and forth on him. I don't consider the self hammer announcement to be necessarily town but now his posting since then has been
weird
. In my PoE but probably third.

Implosion : Really widely townread and I agree. Asks a lot of incisive questions and makes his own thoughts clear at the right times. If you're scum, you're really great at it! :'D

MafMen: Still think the argument that his first few posts were bad holds water and I haven't actually seen anything from him since that makes me townread. Pushing Val today is dumb and looks like scum grabbing at what they think is a viable train, since he's been controversial.

Catboi : Don't trust their reads, especially the multiple they've swung quite significantly on in a way I don't understand. They've had MafMen as scum, to town when his train eased, back to scum as this day starts because apparently they rethought that read overnight. They've soft shaded Val a few times without doing anything about it, like they're interested in voting Val but only later on and if they see enough support. Their push on me right now is reasonable if they
are
town, I get it, but in combination with everything else, I think I'm just a player on the edge of a few townreads who named catboi as a potential sus yesterday and isn't going to make them look bad if they push me.

Val89 : His outspoken-ness is a playstyle thing for sure but I think it's been placed correctly and good for town since he's swapped in. If he were scum, his play so far would have only been hurting himself and placing a massive target on his back. Have not seen reasonable explanation as to how he makes sense as scum.

Igorsprite left off of the list as he's a PR claim. I do want him to say what he thinks he got out of that short lie but I think it's scummy if you're full on pushing him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:42 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 408, catboi wrote:
In post 406, frogsfrogs wrote:

Are you asking me why I believe
my own vote
wasn't scummy?

Yes, I sheeped implo's case because it made sense to me. That does not matter in terms of me perceiving your actions as not being town motivated.
Not "explain why your own vote wasn't scummy" but "how should anyone else trust that assessment of my vote over the same assessment of yours". I really wanted discussion at the time to move on from arguments I saw as increasingly heated, granular, and unhelpful & Thyn looked bad. It's unfortunate he couldn't explain himself earlier / better and move us all off of him :S
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:03 am

Post by igorsprite »

In post 421, frogsfrogs wrote: Igorsprite left off of the list as he's a PR claim. I do want him to say what he thinks he got out of that short lie but I think it's scummy if you're full on pushing him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i was waiting catboi's reaction but he didn't say anything, i think that means that it's good for him if i didn't act, coincidentally he acted last night.

@catboi do you have anything to say?
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:30 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

Oh,
oh my god okay. You're officially saying you tracked catboi and got a result that they visited someone? Like they're potentially the Mafia PR? You must believe that if you're announcing to everyone that they took an action.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”