Current Nominee:
Taly

YEA [3]:
Taly, Gammagooey, Ydrasse

NAY [1]:
petapan

Not Voting [1]:
the worst

This is the final nominee. "VOTE: YEA" eliminates, "VOTE: NAY" spares.
Until all votes are cast, votes can be swapped. All players not voting at deadline will select "NAY".

The deadline for this decision is in:
(expired on 2021-11-22 08:43:23)
[/mech]

Now playing..

Avicii - Silhouettes

                        
▶ ❚❚ ────────────────────●──────────  2:38 / 3:31
                       
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7326 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2773, Taly wrote:Ready for
Saber/skitter/Gamma/Gypyx
to say something to me so my mind doesn't block them into the same category of
"build that
taly
-towncase while he spirals."
In post 7136, Taly wrote:
Ggy
, for funsies, how do you interpret this exchange?
read over the posts in context, editing it down to the first & last posts for a slight improvement in readability
In post 2791, Taly wrote:
skitter
, who should
unwnd
duel with?
In post 2805, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2802, Taly wrote:
In post 2800, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2759, Taly wrote:Unwnd, if you're going to rip into my soul, type quicker.

I got a curfew.
Also sorry but what does this mean wrt how ur reading unwnd?
I took his last post of "but actually" as a "will get to you
Taly
ASAP."
In post 2801, skitter30 wrote:I felt his mortal-kombat reaction just now doesnt come from scum-him
Dunn wouod also be a good vote
VOTE: Dunn

Teamwork makes the dreamwork.

Dunn
, do something.
Ah ok - was willing for a read/ur thoughts on the unwnd/ydra thing. Would u mind sharing that and/or requoting if i missed it
(Tomorrow is fine tho, night!)

And a dunn/unwnd duel would be cool
Skitter's posting about other things and you come in with the question, probably not a planned interaction. You're voting Cakez atm, and you're trying to get a wagon formed with skitter. Dwlee from skitter feels like a relatively lazy 'this is my biggest scumread comment', and you've publicly said that you're confident that Dwlee is town prior to this, you can't go back on it regardless of your alignment there I think.
Skitter suggests Dunn after you rebuff the Dwlee option, you go on it and tell Dunn to do something, skitter posts that a dunn/unwnd duel would be cool to reinforce that she's fine with Dunn to distance, and you go to bed.

From skitter, it's just distancing Dunn and try to get my slot elim'd by continuing to push on it as she has been. From you it's harder to parse - I'm clearly biased in my thinking of how I view your slot already, but it feels like you're just interacting with skitter as though you view her as town here - if you're town you're trying to work with her, and if you're scum you're trying to give her a chance to interact with you and come out looking a little better for it without diving too deeply into skitter's Dwlee read.
You leave immediately afterwards and your next posts that happen around the same time as skitter is many pages later (but probably just the next day sometime, there are so, so many posts in such a short time period for so much of this game) is this:
In post 3018, skitter30 wrote:@uwnnd at this point these are the issues i have with your slot:
(galron bits you admittedly cannot respond to, but i'm being exhaustive)
- galron's day1 was very lackluster: he never got into the game, and his willingness to hammer gamma despite that + not having a read on him felt very premature and oppurtunistic
- still somewhat baffled how your entering pov of the game makes sense, coming into the game and using your own opposing wagon as anchor to get into it is pretty ???
- feel like you were pretty disingenuous with ydra last night in an effort to push her
- now you're using quite a lot ate to get out of being in the duel, and trying a lot of other pushes to see if something will stick

and just altogether i'm having a hard time seeing your slot being town rn
In post 3026, Taly wrote:
In post 2981, unwnd wrote:Taly is a big question mark for me because they don't fit in my mind. This is a curious (?) where I don't think they're townie but also not null. They're a hard elimination and in my absolute tinfoil paranoia
I think they're being protected by scum
. I have less on the motivations of why, but I feel their presence to not be something that relieves me. Maybe it's their nature to weird, but I can't townread weird because something tells me that Taly is probably decent at his own weirdness and using it as a means to be townread. There's nothing entirely wrong with his approach but that alone makes me question because it is presented in such a processed and orderly manner where every appearance by him is very deliberate. It would be townie in another game but not this one, and not based on the events that have happened.
The bolded is the epitome of my fear this game but presented from an outside perspective with seemingly incomplete knowledge of my slot.

What unsettles me is that you don't reach any conclusion of my alignment from this information. Am I townblocking with my scumteam or am I good slot to parrot and WK as town for later game WIFOM?

On one hand, I can sympathize and appreciate your POV, on the other - this is the only time you've directly spoken about my slot. So its hard to gauge whether your suspicion is natural.

You are correct about one thing.

I am not a player to take at face value.
Which feels like yes, you are pushing Dunn, but you're nudging people in unwnd's direction at the same time with skitter.

@Taly - Can you elaborate on your read on skitter at the time? Did you want to work with skitter specifically at the time or was it just that she was online and you wanted to get something going?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7327 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 am

Post by petapan »

like, toog and gypyx were both blatantly town, as i have said before. they basically went because they wouldn't complain as loudly as everyone else. they deserved better. even if i found toogeloo largely frustrating for how he played the early game, i did get there in the end on him. ulyana was also blatantly town but because of how things are someone had to be sent to hell. we all had our blinders on at the time, i guess it was possible to get the answer but without the TA flip it was hard.

cakez was my own bias, i let associatives (and his fade from the game) bias me. if i had done the metadive i did this phase then i keep him as locktown. a mistake but hopefully an understandable one. i think he'll be redeemed in the end, though. hopefully i do right by him.

infinity was just me playing like crap and i regret that from the bottom of my heart. they deserved better.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7328 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:36 am

Post by petapan »

In post 7319, Taly wrote:
In post 7317, petapan wrote:
In post 7310, Taly wrote:No, I disagree with both the assertion that the Pink PT had a net positive view of me or the idea that everyone in the PT was absolutely set on Saber-scum outside of Infinity who voteparked throughout the PT.

Skitter entered the Pink PT with THIS being her hierarchy of least wanting to vote to MOST.
Gamma --> Cakez --> Ydrasse --> Gypyx --> Saber --> peta --> UNWND

And what did she do with this?

She contested my Ydrasse-case, said she wouldn't vote Cakez despite AGREEING that I believed Cakez/unwnd was T/S, and she voted Peta mid-way into the PT and didn't move her vote at all.

It reads perfectly like she TMI'd you and Saber.
yeah uh wow lmao

i know she was putting her preference at me and those two but i didn't know it was THAT order
yeah haha, i should probably have led this event phase with this argument lmao
ha, it's fine

game is big, there's a TON of stuff to go through

and even then for me a singular data point isn't everything

you kind of have to look at all the pieces and assemble them together and see if they make sense, because you can always get false positives off a few posts? and it's more about looking at people and seeing which narrative makes the MOST sense
free crypto
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7329 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7310, Taly wrote:
I was the only person who actively campaigned for
Cakez
Ulya
made the vote later in the phase but
peta[/n] had seniority by this point if I remember correctly.

Most of everyone was OK with a
Saber
nom,
Skitter
personally campaigning for it. But I wanted to sort
Saber
directly this phase.
I just don't get why you'd say that Skitter was personally campaigning for it when skitter was more focused on two other people? Like her pushing on Unwnd slot I can totally imagine b/c she was clearly tunnelling on the slot for ages.
But you posted that around the time that skitter and infinity and I think Ulya were all around and none of them contested it saying something like 'no, skitter was much more focused on unwnd/peta' or 'no, skitter barely pushed Saber at all', and Ulya did contest that you were pushing on Cakez. From what you're saying now it's not what actually happened, but prior to your explanation of what was going on in the Pink PT it felt like you either STRONGLY opposed the Saber wagon or you only said that Skitter was pushing Saber to try to make whichever of skitter/Saber lived longer look better when the other one of them flipped.
Taly wrote: No, I disagree with both the assertion that the Pink PT had a net positive view of me or the idea that everyone in the PT was absolutely set on
Saber
-scum outside of
Infinity
who voteparked throughout the PT.

Skitter
entered the Pink PT with THIS being her hierarchy of least wanting to vote to MOST.
Gamma
-->
Cakez
-->
Ydrasse
-->
Gypyx
-->
Saber
-->
peta
-->
UNWND

And what did she do with this?

She contested my
Ydrasse
-case, said she wouldn't vote
Cakez
despite AGREEING that I believed
Cakez/unwnd
was T/S,
and she voted Peta mid-way into the PT and didn't move her vote at all.

It reads perfectly like she TMI'd you and
Saber
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7330 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I gotta go walk Donovan and make a sandwich, I'll be back in like 45 min

peta, I'm sorry for making you angry. This game event and you have really frustrated me and I felt like I needed to explain it and get it off my chest, but I could have been less shitty about it.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #7331 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Taly »

Wait when did I say
Skitter
campaigned for
Saber
?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7332 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7331, Taly wrote:Wait when did I say
Skitter
campaigned for
Saber
?
In post 7329, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 7310, Taly wrote:
Cakez
Ulya

Saber
nom,
Skitter
Saber
directly this phase.
oh my god taly I've quoted it like 5 times now
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

that link is apparently to another link where it was quoted so here's the original if you want to look at context
In post 3535, Taly wrote:
In post 3533, Gamma Emerald wrote:Who in the pink room wanted Cakez or saber
Atp the best theory I can reconcile is that scum are basically all low-impact
Cakez
Ulya

Saber
nom,
Skitter
Saber
directly this phase.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Taly »

Oh yeah
Skitter
had more content on a
Saber
nom than
Infinity
but she never voted the there and stuck to
peta

Then at the last second
Infinity
voted
Gmagooey
when
Ulya
was on there

But
Ulya
unvoted and jumps on
Gypyx
at the literal last minute

And I was pretty much MIA at this point because I was tired of that shit

So that's how Pink PT concluded definitively and I'm reminded how embarrassing my play was there
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7334, Taly wrote:Oh yeah
Skitter
had more content on a
Saber
nom than
Infinity
but she never voted the there and stuck to
peta

Then at the last second
Infinity
voted
Gmagooey
when
Ulya
was on there

But
Ulya
unvoted and jumps on
Gypyx
at the literal last minute

And I was pretty much MIA at this point because I was tired of that shit

So that's how Pink PT concluded definitively and I'm reminded how embarrassing my play was there
can you at least understand better now given that quote why I thought that a)skitter was pushing on Saber and b)why I thought someone stepped in to stop a Saber-nom given that from my PoV it didn't seem hard to get all of Infinity+skitter+Toog on Saber and that you were the most likely person to do it since you said in that quote that you wanted to sort Saber during the event instead instead?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Taly- What did you find towny from HQ's posts once the crossing started? I'll admit that though I was a bit similar in saying her posts were "townier than the previous event but still worth elimming", that was really only technically true because her content beforehand was non-existent or knee-jerk reads based on nothing that looked even worse and she looked like she was lashing out at anyone who was scumreading her and I wanted to soften the post a bit.
In post 4897, Taly wrote:
In post 4889, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 4882, Taly wrote:
In post 4857, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4770, Taly wrote:Still unsure of my order.

I know I want
ydra/peta/gammagooey
to cross later than sooner but if we go with
Toog's
plan, then I end up with less than 4 being uncrowded.

Mmm.
the math on this seems wrong
(me, toog, dwlee, cakez) + (ydra, peta, ggy) + you = 8 people crossing, leaving (ulya, skitts, HQ, gypyx)
is there anyone in that last group you TR? If not I'm gonna mark those down as the ones you don't want to cross so I can have an entry from you in my spreadsheet I'm using to math out the consensus of who gets left out
Ulya's
been the longest running townread, may change upon analysis but as I am skimming
Dunn's
ISO, he likely TMI'd her.

My scumread of
HQ
is based on a meta-take that I don't think digressing is beneficial, and I don't even want to admit it because I'm still thinking about how much it actually fits in reality and I do not want anybody to influence my progression on this.

I can actually see a
Prism
-scum narrative but think it's unlikely, I just dislike
Gypyx's
ISO and feel kind of weird how he became an overnight universal scumread.
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4875, Taly wrote::( why nobody want me to cross and potentially fall to an anticlimactic death
if you answer my question I'll vote for you :mrgreen:
Kind of feels weird you want to bargain with me on this but oh well.
Wait, what? When did that happen? I’m very disappointed in you in that case.
haha, I don't want to face his AtE.

My scumread is not new, the reasons changed from surface-level
"me no like
saber
/ me no like entrance"

And I don't even want to assert it because you've made towny posts this phase, the main thing is that I think you're a strong scum player and do not know where your range ends.
Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 4890, Taly wrote:I don't think I can give a reliable answer on who I want uncrossed until we do like... 3 crosses at least, and I'm honestly sus on people who think I should give one.
But I haven’t done that.
Did not say you did.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Taly »

I do understand you better
Ggy
but that doesn't change my case on your accusation being in congruent to what you would otherwise know.

But yeah I get you.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Taly »

I never townread
Hq
. I'm not sure what implied that.

Actually I did say I did but that was sarcasm and she bought it.

I mainly just avoided expressing a scumread to avoid AtE.

I've seen
Hq
get emotional like this as scum before and I just avoided engagement as much as possible.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:09 am

Post by petapan »

In post 7330, Gammagooey wrote:I gotta go walk Donovan and make a sandwich, I'll be back in like 45 min

peta, I'm sorry for making you angry. This game event and you have really frustrated me and I felt like I needed to explain it and get it off my chest, but I could have been less shitty about it.
apology not accepted.

when i am in a calmer state of mind, i am going to give you a proper reply to that post and explain why i found it so incredibly insulting.

but you do not get to walk this one back.
free crypto
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Taly »

Yeah for true transparency I scumread
HQ
and just didn't pursue it directly to minimize the events on a certain page as much as possible.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7337, Taly wrote:I do understand you better
Ggy
but that doesn't change my case on your accusation being in congruent to what you would otherwise know.

But yeah I get you.
Obv I don't expect you to change your mind completely, but can you give like a 1-2 sentence summary of what you think the leap of logic is that I made that I couldn't have made as town? As far as I can tell it's just
"But I wanted to sort Saber directly this phase." (from you) -> "I think you prevented the Saber nom" (from me). The wrong assumption by me that skitter was pushing harder on Saber than any of her other reads and the mention of Toog being willing to sheep either you or skitter also pushed me harder in that direction, but I don't see why you'd think it's impossible to come from town, even if you think it's more likely to come from scum.

Also I mentioned this a bit earlier but I'd like some details if you have time, what made you change your mind about skitter being potentially scum from the nomination event to the crossing event? The only thing I remember (there's prob at least a bit more than I don't recall atm) about your thoughts on skitter specifically was you saying something like "the lowering of skitter's WIM looks genuine", but I don't get why you thought that or why that would make skitter more likely town to you then.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:27 am

Post by petapan »

free crypto
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Taly »

Gammagooey wrote:
In post 7337, Taly wrote:I do understand you better
Ggy

But yeah I get you.
Obv I don't expect you to change your mind completely, but can you give like a 1-2 sentence summary of what you think the leap of logic is that I made that I couldn't have made as town? As far as I can tell it's just
"But I wanted to sort Saber directly this phase." (from you) -> "
I think you prevented the Saber nom
" (from me). The wrong assumption by me that skitter was pushing harder on Saber than any of her other reads and the mention of Toog being willing to sheep either you or skitter also pushed me harder in that direction, but I don't see why you'd think it's impossible to come from town, even if you think it's more likely to come from scum.
Nope. You can't backtrack this.
In post 6891, Gammagooey wrote:I'm not going to get past your play in regards to the pink PT and how you prevented a Saber nomination that scum was pushing for
Your post here didn't convey that you
"you thought"
it was framed as a strongly believed assumption.

And yes, I still find it hard to believe it comes from town even with the context, because you built a case that I'm scum without actually validating your suspicion for doing so when you could've.

And let's still assume that everybody was sold on a
Saber
nom, I alone couldn't have gatekeeped that because I wasn't voting at the Pink PT's conclusion to counteract that nor was I an advocate for
Peta
, who
Skitter
was voting.

And let's also dive into the hypothetical that
Skitter
was voting
Saber
and wanted her to be nom'd, why would there be an S/S theatre for
Skitter/I
to disagree on a bus and then it never be brought up again?
Gammagooey wrote:Also I mentioned this a bit earlier but I'd like some details if you have time, what made you change your mind about skitter being potentially scum from the nomination event to the crossing event? The only thing I remember (there's prob at least a bit more than I don't recall atm) about your thoughts on skitter specifically was you saying something like "the lowering of skitter's WIM looks genuine", but I don't get why you thought that or why that would make skitter more likely town to you then.
Because I'm typically of the mind that being suspected lowers the WIM of a player regardless of their alignment, and if I were already wrong on
Infinity
and potentially
Ydrasse
, I might as well pause and rethink
Skitter
because they were largely an associative solve.

But I never felt strongly that
skitter
was town either - they were in my PoE of
{Fire/Toog/Gypyx}
, I was a bit weirded out that they stopped pushing me the second I gave them any room, but didn't dissect that behavior any further because I scumread
Cakez
and felt that was a stronger slot to leave and sort from there.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7344 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Taly »

My desire to have a dialogue with
Saber
went out the window when she replaced.

So I have a hard time thinking how me wanting more time to sort
Saber
is scum-indicative in itself when I wasn't able to resolve that read.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7345 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by the worst »

The last few pages fucking suck to read and I'm not invested enough that they're doing anything for me developing reads. I doubt that Ggooey is deliberately upsetting people to make his position in the game more favourable. He is like, lovely in my experience and id be genuinely surprised if that was his angle here.

Taly, I'm going to hammer NAY. Do you have more you want to do?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Taly »

I think that's about everything. Do we have a hammer or does it just end at deadline?

I'm good either way. I feel the gamestate is slowing.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7347 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Taly »

Oh yeah this would hammer.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Taly »

Be the vote that hammers me, ducky.

It would be symbolic.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7349 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Taly »

WAIT

This is the second highest post count I've had in a game next to SUPP 2019!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”