RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 848, Egix96 wrote:
In post 833, numberQ wrote:Hmm. I don't know, I still like Egix for the lim. Their play has been scummier than Roden and Galron imo. Plus, them flipping scum will give us a lot more info than one of the other two flipping scum, at least in terms of lending validity to my theory. Maybe there are other associations that a Roden or Galron flip would shed light on that I'm not thinking of.
You do realise that if I were scum, it would have been +ev for me to lolhammer you? Sure, that would have been outing, but it ensures you would've died before me.
In post 835, Taly wrote:
numberq/Egix
, how do you feel about the others' wagon and potential lim?
I doubt number flips scum here. Roden's logic for voting him was flawed as has already been mentioned, so it astounds me that three people just silently followed it. (No, saying "sure" doesn't count.)

The play here is to follow my vote because otherwise I don't think there's any chance we hit scum.
Egix96, you know that you're on E-1 now. Actually, since I don't have anything against you, I'll UNVOTE: Egix96/
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by RH9 »

And now you're back to E-2.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Post by RH9 »

Sorry, Taly and Roden again for my poor memory.

v/la every weekend

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:11 am

Post by Taly »

In post 836, Galron wrote:Just jump on in Taly. You'll fall asleep reading.
haha, then you're not going to be getting thoughts in chronological order of what I've read

I've had a few passing thoughts reviewing the latest pages:

RH9
, your quote posts on page 33, are you trying to give a conclusion on your reads or just sharing meta?

doesn't feel WKy, it reads as genuine because
A50
is not on the wagon and the content of this dayphase seems to be at a snail pace. Actually, I'd go further judging how
A50's
wagon died for
numberQ's
to bloom, so this reads with a lack of agenda and likely uninformed.

:D I mindmelded with
RH9's
so that strengthens my comfort with both slots.

I also don't like the defensiveness in from
Roden
because he seemed to trivialize a genuine question
A50
had, unsure what the frustration means alignment-wise.
In post 760, numberQ wrote:Take after skimming back through day 2: Meg's interactions with both of the wagons are sus as hell and I think they are scumbuddies with Egix.
In post 761, numberQ wrote:I also think Almost is town and this wagon on him is weird. If my {Meg, Egix} theory is right, I think the remaining scum is on that wagon.
Does mafia dumbtell this?
In post 768, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: is informative in the event of scum!egix flip
How so?
In post 837, numberQ wrote:The conversation right now is mostly about the wagons that are currently happening, so probably necessary to at least read the current day. Beyond that, this game has honestly been pretty slow.

pedit: Well I'm voting Egix and have been SRing him since day 1. I think his lim will help build associations on Roden and/or Galron. Maaaybe RH9, though at the moment I think that's a flimsier connection. I've talked about this in previous posts this day.
I'm liking
RH9
at the moment

Can you quote key posts that build your scumread on
Egix
?

And what do you mean by
'build associations on
Roden/Galron
"
? This sounds like confbias but I want to hear you explain.
In post 841, RH9 wrote:To be fair, if Egix96 is Mafia, we can vote Roden next.
ick, where's the
Egix/Roden
associative coming from?
In post 851, RH9 wrote:And now you're back to E-2.
FINALLY SOMEONE KEEPS UP WITH VC.

~

also confirming, I'm town in Slaughter Hour and I literally couldn't have been more true to my towngame there, so perhaps hold me to that standard of play ;)
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 am

Post by Taly »

this game needs a WIM booster :)

"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:37 am

Post by Taly »

ill also add that the game you mentioned i was mafia in was a 3-for-1, so there is a town element to my posting.

heres games where I was not town from recent to least, or relatively so
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=82724 - SK that rep'd early, my WIM is generally lower as scum
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=84987 - rep'ed in as a scum hydra! :D
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=79036 - I was in a scum hydra known as
Fractured

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=76118 - insanely large multiball where I was NKed by ANOTHER SCUMTEAM because they thought I was town :facepalm:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=78138 - a 2-1 game, i was elim'd as mafia and then played as town - you can actually see a pretty vivid contrast in my mentality this game
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=76341 - was a traitor, rep'd out tho
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=76290 - flawless scum victory ;)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=63741 - my first team scum game hehehehehehe baby
taly

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=60966 - first game as non-town - won as an SK!

unfortunately, i roll town far more than scum so i dont have a lot of games that depict my recent meta as mafia, so the
"hold me to my town game"
might be just as helpful
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Galron »

In post 824, RH9 wrote:And hopefully, Mafia realises their mistake.
What are you getting at here?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Galron »

RH9, you came in and mis-labeled Taly as scum in a meta dive, and then said Taly feels different this game when Taly had made just two posts, one asking the best way to catch up and the other a solvey-type post. Then you figure out that Taly wasn't scum in the game you quoted but you don't change direction on Taly.
In post 843, RH9 wrote:To be fair, Taly's current posting feels different to that of when he's Mafia.
How can you get a feel for Taly with him posting just twice. Shouldn't you be reading Gamma Emerald, the player that Taly subbed for? Wouldn't that produce better data? And if Taly's posting this game feels different that Slaughter Hour, are you saying that he's mafia this game? And how was Taly's posting to the point where you said he was different when he was mafia different this game anyway?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:53 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 833, numberQ wrote:Hmm. I don't know, I still like Egix for the lim. Their play has been scummier than Roden and Galron imo. Plus, them flipping scum will give us a lot more info than one of the other two flipping scum, at least in terms of lending validity to my theory. Maybe there are other associations that a Roden or Galron flip would shed light on that I'm not thinking of.
You do realise that if I were scum, it would have been +ev for me to lolhammer you? Sure, that would have been outing, but it ensures you would've died before me.

[snip]
So you're saying scum would trade one of their own for me? I'm flattered you think I'm that good, but the facts are that I was very close to being limmed anyway. A scum team including you could have easily banked on town hammering to maintain reputation.

That said, while writing the above I did realize that with a perfect scum game three days in, maybe trading would have been the play for scum to make. It would have put the game in ELo if I'm not mistaken.

What do others make of this idea that Egix would have hammered me if he was scum?
In post 853, Taly wrote:
In post 760, numberQ wrote:Take after skimming back through day 2: Meg's interactions with both of the wagons are sus as hell and I think they are scumbuddies with Egix.
In post 761, numberQ wrote:I also think Almost is town and this wagon on him is weird. If my {Meg, Egix} theory is right, I think the remaining scum is on that wagon.
I did a similar thing in Squid Game, and I was mafia there. But I blame it more on being super busy with work the past few months and thus slightly scatterbrained, more than any kind of meta or tell. fwiw I don't think I've ever had a mix up like that in other games, as mafia or town.
Taly cont. wrote:
In post 837, numberQ wrote:The conversation right now is mostly about the wagons that are currently happening, so probably necessary to at least read the current day. Beyond that, this game has honestly been pretty slow.

pedit: Well I'm voting Egix and have been SRing him since day 1. I think his lim will help build associations on Roden and/or Galron. Maaaybe RH9, though at the moment I think that's a flimsier connection. I've talked about this in previous posts this day.
I'm liking
RH9
at the moment

Egix
?

And what do you mean by
'build associations on
Roden/Galron
"
My case on Egix is a little scattered. I guess it starts in 236. He was more or less off my radar day 2. Then today the wagons on Almost and myself are pinging me like crazy that it's scum trying to keep us off Egix. That's also where my Roden/Galron associations come up, because of their interactions with both of those wagons. If Egix is in fact scum, I think it's likely his scum buddies were trying to protect him. Which is why I want Egix to go first.
Hey!
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Galron »

In post 853, Taly wrote:I'm liking RH9 at the moment
Please expand on this.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Galron »

In post 831, RH9 wrote:
In post 826, numberQ wrote:
In post 811, RH9 wrote:[snip]

UNVOTE: numberQ
Ok, I guess that I need to reassess everything. Are you saying Roden and Galron are coordinating? (Or this an attempt to make me feel betrayed by Galron and vote him over you?) But then, I'll UNVOTE: numberQ.
Yeah, I was suggesting Roden and Galron could have coordinated trying to mislim Almost and then myself. I do think Almost is town, and I think my wagon has had very flimsy justification for it overall, which would imply scum activity.

Also I didn't read most of your meta research, sorry. It was just a bunch of no context quotes. If you or someone else points to specific things in this game that relate to meta, then I'll pay attention.
How do you feel about eliminating Galron, then? I feel better about Roden then Galron.
VOTE: Galron for coordinating the 'miselimination'.
What did I coordinate again? Are you referring to my A50 vote?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Galron »

In post 857, Galron wrote:RH9, you came in and mis-labeled Taly as scum in a meta dive, and then said Taly feels different this game when Taly had made just two posts, one asking the best way to catch up and the other a solvey-type post. Then you figure out that Taly wasn't scum in the game you quoted but you don't change direction on Taly.
In post 843, RH9 wrote:To be fair, Taly's current posting feels different to that of when he's Mafia.
How can you get a feel for Taly with him posting just twice. Shouldn't you be reading Gamma Emerald, the player that Taly subbed for? Wouldn't that produce better data? And if Taly's posting this game feels different that Slaughter Hour, are you saying that he's mafia this game? And how was Taly's posting to the point where you said he was different when he was mafia different this game anyway?
Actually not Gamma Emerald, but redtea. Shouldn't you be reading redtea?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Galron »

In post 791, RH9 wrote:Looking through Galron's posts. He seems to be solving. I am going to say that he is Town. Roden has a strong scumgame from memory. Will read through his posts.
And yet you try to start a wagon on me for coordinating a mizzle:
In post 831, RH9 wrote:
In post 826, numberQ wrote:
In post 811, RH9 wrote:[snip]

UNVOTE: numberQ
Ok, I guess that I need to reassess everything. Are you saying Roden and Galron are coordinating? (Or this an attempt to make me feel betrayed by Galron and vote him over you?) But then, I'll UNVOTE: numberQ.
Yeah, I was suggesting Roden and Galron could have coordinated trying to mislim Almost and then myself. I do think Almost is town, and I think my wagon has had very flimsy justification for it overall, which would imply scum activity.

Also I didn't read most of your meta research, sorry. It was just a bunch of no context quotes. If you or someone else points to specific things in this game that relate to meta, then I'll pay attention.
How do you feel about eliminating Galron, then? I feel better about Roden then Galron.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Taly »

In post 858, numberQ wrote:

[snip]
So you're saying scum would trade one of their own for me? I'm flattered you think I'm that good, but the facts are that I was very close to being limmed anyway. A scum team including you could have easily banked on town hammering to maintain reputation.

That said, while writing the above I did realize that with a perfect scum game three days in, maybe trading would have been the play for scum to make. It would have put the game in ELo if I'm not mistaken.

What do others make of this idea that Egix would have hammered me if he was scum?
In post 853, Taly wrote:
I did a similar thing in Squid Game, and I was mafia there. But I blame it more on being super busy with work the past few months and thus slightly scatterbrained, more than any kind of meta or tell. fwiw I don't think I've ever had a mix up like that in other games, as mafia or town.
Taly cont. wrote:

I'm liking
RH9
at the moment

Egix
?

And what do you mean by
'build associations on
Roden/Galron
"
My case on Egix is a little scattered. I guess it starts in 236. He was more or less off my radar day 2. Then today the wagons on Almost and myself are pinging me like crazy that it's scum trying to keep us off Egix. That's also where my Roden/Galron associations come up, because of their interactions with both of those wagons. If Egix is in fact scum, I think it's likely his scum buddies were trying to protect him. Which is why I want Egix to go first.
eh, I'm not following this much because
Egix
is rescinding a wagon he wasn't apart of. What do you mean by
Egix
being off your radar in day 2? Your vote was on
Egix
in place of the
PP
wagon which led to an elimination there.
In post 859, Galron wrote:
In post 853, Taly wrote:I'm liking RH9 at the moment
Please expand on this.
I don't think scum is likely to rep into a game with a large focus on meta'ing the majority of the plist. On one hand, it can be said that meta is a mask to hide an informed perspective, but the doubt with this being true for
RH9
is that he did mis-label me in a game, and has already outlined meta reads off limited information.

It doesn't feel like he's trying to persuade, is my idea.

Plus the mindmeld on
A50's
post felt natural.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Taly »

I am curious though,
RH9
, are you an alt I'm familiar with? Because I otherwise do not recall playing with you before.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Taly »

Egix
, can you talk about your
numberq/gamma
read progression from early game to now? I noted both slots racked a lot of votes and you didn't jump on either wagon from what I've read.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:37 am

Post by Taly »

In post 829, Almost50 wrote:
In post 827, T3 wrote:Taly replaces redtea.
Now here's someone that will probably win the game for their team. Now which team is that? :shifty:
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Galron »

In post 866, Taly wrote:
In post 829, Almost50 wrote:
In post 827, T3 wrote:Taly replaces redtea.
Now here's someone that will probably win the game for their team. Now which team is that? :shifty:
Spoiler:
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 865, Taly wrote:
Egix
numberq/gamma
read progression from early game to now? I noted both slots racked a lot of votes and you didn't jump on either wagon from what I've read.
On D1 I was townleaning Gamma for heuristic reasons and not much has happened regarding that slot to change that.
On D2 I had number as my top TR after doing some re-reading. Ofc I still TR him it's just that I have lost a bit of confidence in my reads since Penguin flipped town.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Taly »

<3 galron

In post 868, Egix96 wrote:
In post 865, Taly wrote:
Egix
numberq/gamma
On D1 I was townleaning Gamma for heuristic reasons and not much has happened regarding that slot to change that.
On D2 I had number as my top TR after doing some re-reading. Ofc I still TR him it's just that I have lost a bit of confidence in my reads since Penguin flipped town.
No opinion on
RH9
?

number
was voting you D2 - so what's the connection between your loss of confidence and
PP
townflip?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 831, RH9 wrote:How do you feel about eliminating Galron, then? I feel better about Roden then Galron.
In post 838, Galron wrote:
In post 832, Almost50 wrote:
In post 831, RH9 wrote:How do you feel about eliminating Galron, then? I feel better about Roden then Galron.
Assuming Galron is Scum; why do you think he voted numberQ over Egix?
I'd like to hear RH9's answer to this.
In post 840, RH9 wrote:Actually good question. VOTE: Egix96 for today. I guess that maybe it will make more sense if Galron, is Town.
In post 844, RH9 wrote:

Well, if Egix96 is Mafia, then are you suggesting that Roden and Galron aren't Town. Honestly, Galron feels more Towny now.
Walk me through this. Explain to me like I haven't been born yet what changed your mind from voting Galron in 831 to get to a "more towny feel" in 844

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 848, Egix96 wrote:You do realise that if I were scum, it would have been +ev for me to lolhammer you? Sure, that would have been outing, but it ensures you would've died before me.
That's a good point.

UNVOTE:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 870, Almost50 wrote:
In post 838, Galron wrote:
In post 832, Almost50 wrote:
Assuming Galron is Scum; why do you think he voted numberQ over Egix?
I'd like to hear RH9's answer to this.
In post 840, RH9 wrote:Actually good question. VOTE: Egix96 for today. I guess that maybe it will make more sense if Galron, is Town.
In post 844, RH9 wrote:

Well, if Egix96 is Mafia, then are you suggesting that Roden and Galron aren't Town. Honestly, Galron feels more Towny now.
Walk me through this. Explain to me like I haven't been born yet what changed your mind from voting Galron in 831 to get to a "more towny feel" in 844
Omg I was going to ask the same thing. He even started off with a tr on galron too.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 869, Taly wrote:
<3 galron

In post 868, Egix96 wrote:
In post 865, Taly wrote:
Egix
numberq/gamma
No opinion on
RH9
?

number
was voting you D2 - so what's the connection between your loss of confidence and
PP
townflip?
It's because I was wrong for thinking pp would flip scum. The confidence drop applies to my reads as a whole, not just my one on numberQ
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Galron »

I didn't even catch that but good question.

Return to “Completed Open Games”