Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ah that's right, whoops. I need coffee, I didn't think to check who made those current votes despite knowing Roden doesn't SR LQ anymore
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 874, T3 wrote:I think the reasons for wagoning him are dumb
What do you think the reasons for wagoning him are?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:07 am

Post by T3 »

He’s trying to pick fights and has weird reasoning.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 857, mc esther wrote:i dont actually believe you (scum shot roden, at the time the number one scumread in the game? really?), but we have seven days on the deadline and another perfectly good wagon, so im willing to indulge this a little. it probably goes without saying that nobody should counterclaim this.

if you believed roden was scum so strongly that you were willing to vig him over it, why werent you voting him yesterday?
Eh, ridiculous scumkill target makes it more likely, not less, to be true. We’ll see if real doc vigs there tonight in any case and there’s no reason it can’t be solved tomorrow anyway.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 877, T3 wrote:He’s trying to pick fights and has weird reasoning.
Those aren't my reasons for voting Lickety. I think the level of depth to his reads has been shallow, his actual engagement within those fights is more grounded in trying to appear town along with WIFOMy self-defense rather than actual genuine pressure/scumreads, and also I really dislike his attempt to excuse low effort today due to being in the limpool
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 843, Roden wrote:
In post 834, Bingle wrote:
In post 827, Roden wrote:T3 because he doesn't metabad as scum
:giggle:
Just realized this could be interpreted as mean-spirited. What I meant is that town!T3 uses meta and is fallible. Scum!T3 really just TMI's when he meta reads someone because he almost always meta reads townies as town to get town cred for himself. The one time I've seen him meta read somebody as scum, it was his scum buddy lol. When scum!T3 pushes somebody as a scum read and they're a townie it's almost never a meta read.

This is just my own analysis of his playstyle though, it isn't 100% accurate. But I can usually at the very least trust his town reads no matter his alignment.
Metabad usually means that all meta is bad and thus unusable, and I thought it was funny that you were offering the read that “someone is town because they only complain about meta as town.”

I appreciate the elaboration, though, it makes more sense and let’s me feel better, though not good, about T3.

I will point out that spewing someone as town is less viable in multiball because scum are still actively looking for scum. (At least, competent ones are)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 877, T3 wrote:He’s trying to pick fights
He is? I could have sworn I literally just asked him why he wasn’t doing that. Weird. :roll:
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:50 am

Post by mc esther »

#793 through to #798 regarding the "picking fights" thing
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:52 am

Post by mc esther »

i dont think even galron even agrees with that interpretation tbh (seeing as he never voted over it or even commented on it), im pretty sure im the only person who considers it a significant part of "the case"
~
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 872, GuiltyLion wrote:EBWOP - not that it really matters IMO, but to be clear Pav/mc Esther should be flipped in my post above. So mc esther gave the L-1 vote, not Pav
I disagree that it doesn't matter in principle if not in particular. I often find the order of the votes interesting.

But in this case I still think MC is town so flipping us in the order is irrelevant
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:34 am

Post by DArby »

In post 726, Pavowski wrote:Does that strike you as a crazy leap in logic?

If the fire team kill was "incinerated", what would you expect the ice team kill to read as?

Mildly refrigerated?
Hahahahaha
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:35 am

Post by DArby »

In post 737, T3 wrote:
In post 710, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 2.01
Galron (0)-

Enchant (2)-
mc esther, DArby
Pavowski (0)-

Roden (0)-

Bingle (0)-

LicketyQuickety (2)-
Roden, Enchant
GuiltyLion (0)-

DArby (0)-

Auro (0)-

mc esther (0)-

T3 (4)-
Bingle, Galron, LicketyQuickety, Auro
(E-2)

Not Voting (3)-
Pavowski, GuiltyLion, T3

With
alive, it takes
to instantly eliminate.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2021-12-14 19:00:00)
- Dec 14th 19:00 GMT
I'd appreciate it if I Wasn't Hammered
esp because i've been gone for the entire day and most of yesterday
That's normal for you, though?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:39 am

Post by DArby »

In post 767, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 766, Pavowski wrote:This is bizarre behavior
All you have to know is that Town don't sheep me.
Technically not true. I sheeped you mildly til ELo in our last game and we won.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:51 am

Post by T3 »

In post 886, DArby wrote:
In post 737, T3 wrote:
VC 2.01
Galron (0)-

Enchant (2)-
mc esther, DArby
Pavowski (0)-

Roden (0)-

Bingle (0)-

LicketyQuickety (2)-
Roden, Enchant
GuiltyLion (0)-

DArby (0)-

Auro (0)-

mc esther (0)-

T3 (4)-
(E-2)

Not Voting (3)-
Pavowski, GuiltyLion, T3

With
alive, it takes
to instantly eliminate.

Deadline is in
?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 am

Post by DArby »

In post 842, Roden wrote:
In post 839, DArby wrote:
In post 707, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 638, Pavowski wrote:So either everyone targeted A50 or only Team Fire did
and somebody else got doc's and frozen
, right?

Seems more likely monkey got tripled up
In post 649, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 647, Bingle wrote:I don't think this can have a drawback for asking publicly given how obvious a question it is, so:

@mod: Are death flavors indicative of who made the kill? If they are, what are the specific flavors for a Fire Kill, an Ice Kill, a Doc Kill, and an all three kill?

NM should be able (have to actually) answer that because this is an open.
Yes death flavours are indicative. Ice Mafia is
Frozen
, Fire Mafia is
Incinerated
and a CPR Doc kill is
Shocked
. If all three were to target a player, the fire and ice mafia kills would cancel out and the CPR Doc would kill the player. I will add this to the rules section.

Pav - how did you know the Ice Team's flavor was "frozen" specifically? I don't recall seeing that anywhere prior to N_M editing the posts.
Tbf I kinda pieced that together myself.
I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to figure that out tbh.

What do you think of Pav's reaction?
Inclined to say town. Willing to change but have a POE I'd like to get through first.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 am

Post by DArby »

In post 888, T3 wrote:
In post 886, DArby wrote:
In post 737, T3 wrote:
VC 2.01
Galron (0)-

Enchant (2)-
mc esther, DArby
Pavowski (0)-

Roden (0)-

Bingle (0)-

LicketyQuickety (2)-
Roden, Enchant
GuiltyLion (0)-

DArby (0)-

Auro (0)-

mc esther (0)-

T3 (4)-
(E-2)

Not Voting (3)-
Pavowski, GuiltyLion, T3

With
alive, it takes
to instantly eliminate.

Deadline is in
?
In the games I've played with you (completed), you've been gone for long periods of time in almost all those games. I think that's a weird thing to say because a) I don't think you were threatened to be hammered and b) you're using your playstyle as a defense to avoid getting said "hammer". It feels like you're coming across as annoyed for something normal and not threatening.

The comment was a literal responce to "i've been gone for the entire day and most of yesterday".
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:09 am

Post by T3 »

Yeah, that’s fair.
I was annoyed because I was being wagoned
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:22 am

Post by Galron »

In post 883, mc esther wrote:i dont think even galron even agrees with that interpretation tbh (seeing as he never voted over it or even commented on it), im pretty sure im the only person who considers it a significant part of "the case"
If you're talking about Lick JAQing off or sea lioning, I generally don't think that that's damning, but that's only if the protagonist is doing it as an effort to sort people. I'm kind of on the fence on whether Lick is/was doing this in bad faith. That and I had thought earlier this phase that he wouldn't be who I'd want to lim today, were why I didn't vote him. I wanted to go back and see why I had thought he wouldn't be a good lim primarily and just hadn't/haven't done that yet.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Galron »

UNVOTE:

We've got lots of time and I'm not sure I think T3 is scum any longer.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Galron »

In post 892, Galron wrote:
In post 883, mc esther wrote:i dont think even galron even agrees with that interpretation tbh (seeing as he never voted over it or even commented on it), im pretty sure im the only person who considers it a significant part of "the case"
If you're talking about Lick JAQing off or sea lioning, I generally don't think that that's damning, but that's only if the protagonist is doing it as an effort to sort people. I'm kind of on the fence on whether Lick is/was doing this in bad faith. That and I had thought earlier this phase that he wouldn't be who I'd want to lim today, were why I didn't vote him. I wanted to go back and see why I had thought he wouldn't be a good lim primarily and just hadn't/haven't done that yet.
But I would lim him over T3 at this point if it came down to it. He's interacted with enough players that I think his flip would be useful. Problem is, as someone said (auro?), this is such a high powered game that a miz could be close to being fatal.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Galron »

I have my eye on Guilty Lion. While that reads list was pretty comprehensive and good, I was getting odd vibes from him earlier, and I don't know that that's been redeemed by what should be an obvtown post.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Galron, what do you think of my points on Lickety? It's more than just the JAQing
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Enchant »

The more game goes, the more i dislike T3.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 2.03
Galron (0)-

Enchant (2)-
DArby, Roden
Pavowski (0)-

Roden (0)-

Bingle (1)-
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety (4)-
Enchant, Auro, Pavowski, mc esther
(E-2)

GuiltyLion (0)-

DArby (0)-

Auro (1)-
Bingle
mc esther (0)-

T3 (0)-

Not Voting (3)-
T3, GuiltyLion, Galron

With
alive, it takes
to instantly eliminate.

Deadline is in
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Galron »

In post 896, GuiltyLion wrote:Galron, what do you think of my points on Lickety? It's more than just the JAQing
In post 831, GuiltyLion wrote:LicketyQuickety - I think my biggest issue with Lickety is that at times it feels like he's going through the effort of telling the thread how he is thinking, instead of just actually thinking. 210 ("I feel you are being manipulative, but if you explain I will move on"), 252 (the unprompted addition of "I'm not scumreading Auro because I expect him to do this as scum"), 402 (why is he saying both that T3's read is weird but also that he agrees with it??), 404 I hadn't noticed this previously but using "until" in that post when presumably he meant "unless" is an odd mistake, 415 feels super stiff and 416 as Pav called out is really dubious because he's basically inviting Roden to be townread if Roden backs off his LQ push. That mindset feels a lot more likely to come from someone who wants to defuse the fight rather than someone who actually thinks Roden might be scum.
I don't know that telling everyone what he's thinking rather than explaining why he's thinking that isn't inherently scummy. I think that could be done as a method of gaining reactions in a genuine manner. It's not uncommon, and I do it myself sometimes. As that relates to his reads list, I would agree that it is more likely to come from scum than from town. If you're going to do a reads list where you put your thoughts on the slot down, it should be more developed than a bunch of vagaries. Otherwise it comes across as forced, and it's not all that useful. I don't find stiff per se but maybe a bit labored if that makes any sense, but it does show a thought process of some sort, which is something I look for in that type of post. 416, on the other hand, is a silly post and looks like it's there to trap Roden in a Catch-22. If Roden moves his vote it's "Roden moved his vote due to pressure, and that's scummy," and if Roden doesn't move his vote it's, "Roden didn't reevaluate like I asked, and that's scummy." In 804 he actually makes a good point that just because Roden is conftown that doesn't mean Roden's scum hunting is any better than anyone else's, but he does neglect to state that maybe it should carry more weight because we all know it's not coming from a biased perspective, or at least a scum-biased perspective.

So in all that, and I think I missed a couple of things, you did a good job of pointing some things out, but it doesn't move the needle a whole lot for me wrt Lick.

As for my read on you, even moderately skilled players can pull out facts with a little analysis, so same thing, it doesn't lead me to anything more than give you a few townie points. And I should add that if we weren't in multi-ball I'd probably give it more credence than I am right now. (Please don't think I'm calling you a moderately skilled player because from what I've seen from you I think you're one of the top players on the site -- I would put you in the highly skilled category.) I'm thinking now it may just me being a bit paranoid because early on I was picking up pocketing vibes from you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”