Micro 1035: Commandless Chain of Command [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1046, skitter30 wrote:Pedit ok this is fair and i dont know why you do that, but scum obviously planned to get in a 4way mess and idk why any of you do that
I mean from an IV/Dwlee perspective it makes sense. IV was already locked into his claim, so Dwlee made a claim to back him up and was hoping there wouldn't be a counterclaim.

From me/DArby... why is this the line we take? Like I don't see the explanation for that beyond WIFOM, but the other way there's a very clear and simple explanation.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:40 am

In post 1049, skitter30 wrote:i think u wanted me to be the elo misflip
Yup, when I'm the only person alive who scumreads you and I'm notoriously good at convincing people of things. Makes sense, makes sense.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:40 am

And I actively counterclaimed Dwlee instead of counterclaiming you.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If you didn't counterclaim me I still had the equivalent of a guilty on you. You couldn't have known I had a clear on IV until my post, so you couldn't have known that you should have counterclaimed skitter earlier
I prefer they, thanks :)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:20 am

Oh, that's true. Ignore my arguments for why I wouldn't counterclaim Dwlee.

But don't ignore the fact that I made them... I genuinely didn't think of that angle, because I'm not scum.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I hadn't thought of it until your arguments either, especially given I showed up to the thread and just claimed without realizing the consequences (as otherwise I would have just voted you right away)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 930, Dwlee99 wrote:I tracked IV to skitter N1 and to no one on N2
In post 931, Dwlee99 wrote:SS should claim next I think
In post 934, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart

Well this makes it easy lol
If I'm scum and my goal is to indirectly guilty S_S/Darby, why would I be asking for the claim and not just voting one of them immediately
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:42 am

I mean presumably that wasn't your goal, it was just incidental.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:58 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1039, DArby wrote:Will answer question soon but I need to write this down first so I can reference it later.

(In no particular order)
IV claims doc (action same post)
SS claims tracker (action same post)
Skitter claims vig (action same post)
DArby claims Neapolitan (action same post)
Dwlee claims tracker (action , )

I think I might change my answer. Gimme a sec.
I changed my mind.

I've operated under the assumption that SS's claim/action was after my but that wasn't the case. The timing of it feels weird for scum to take because scum should have waited until I claimed action in (forgot to add that). I'd rather believe that's town vs what I was tr IV for with going against Dwlee so hard in . I remember there being something I didn't like about iv/dwlee scum solve but I forgot what it was.

Soft scum solve is IV/Dwlee. I'm reading thru more now before I do more holiday irl stuff.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 am

Post by DArby »

There is obviously one scum between {SS, Dwlee} and I thought for a bit it would be a really interesting gambit that both were scum together so it would seem that at least one would be town read by proxy.

That way if one were elem'd, it didn't matter which, the other could make it to ELo and win by being unable to have a counterclaim.

That also was why I wasn't looking too hard and SS's action claim before mine (and also general I've-been-kinda-brain-fried-the-last-three-weeks).

Dwlee has a track record with at least one game with them where they pulled a really interesting gambit and end game'd (and won). If this is actually the case I wouldn't be surprised.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:12 am

Post by DArby »

Of course, few of my actual thoughts are based on contemporary arguments because if I'm being fully honest I am recovering from a very eventful month, but I really enjoy playing these games, even if not at full capacity.

Please bear with me as I'm slowly regaining my ability to think critically.

I am absolutely sure on Dwlee, tho. Like I will bet the game against them. 100%. I can't make a convincing argument atm but I have a strong gut feeling this is it.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:12 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1060, DArby wrote:Of course, few of my actual thoughts are based on contemporary arguments because if I'm being fully honest I am recovering from a very eventful month, so texts and thoughts still jumble together, but I really enjoy playing these games, even if not at full capacity.

Please bear with me as I'm slowly regaining my ability to think critically.

I am absolutely sure on Dwlee, tho. Like I will bet the game against them. 100%. I can't make a convincing argument atm but I have a strong gut feeling this is it.
EBWOP
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:16 am

Post by DArby »

In post 952, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 950, innocentvillager wrote:there’s no way dwlee can get a no result in me if they’re tracker right?
not a no result, visited no one
Did you circle back to why you didn't visit anyone? I don't think I fully caught that.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:20 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1042, skitter30 wrote:I mean i dont think they're psychic so much as just telling the truth

I think its u/darby

There's a couple of things that i want to check but otherwise i just think i'm just gonna vote
Also do you have an actual case against me? Do you want to engage with me in any real capacity? Like not to degrade myself to call me LHF atp, but I'm LHF this game.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:34 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1040, Something_Smart wrote:Verify as in, hey buddy is it a good idea to claim this
It took me a bit to know that was referenced to me and what you meant specifically. But, I understand what you mean now better. I still don't get
In post 1029, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1026, Something_Smart wrote:If your fakeclaim is doctor... it's not a gimme, necessarily. IV may have wanted to verify the doctor claim with Dwlee, or even just see if IV's wagon would go away without needing to claim.
That make more sense?
I still don't get this in regards to the context of . Could you please break it down a bit more because it's not clicking for me.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1062, DArby wrote:
In post 952, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 950, innocentvillager wrote:there’s no way dwlee can get a no result in me if they’re tracker right?
not a no result, visited no one
Did you circle back to why you didn't visit anyone? I don't think I fully caught that.
IV didn't visit anyone, not me
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1057, Something_Smart wrote:I mean presumably that wasn't your goal, it was just incidental.
This is a perspective slip. If I were scum with IV, how would my goal be anything else unless I didn't even realize what my claim would do before claiming it. That I didn't immediately know the consequences shows that I saw day, saw result, and claimed it without thinking
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:43 am

Your goal would be to back up IV's claim
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:45 am

In post 1064, DArby wrote:I still don't get this in regards to the context of 601. Could you please break it down a bit more because it's not clicking for me.
IV knew he had a doctor fakeclaim and deliberately stalled out for a couple of different possible reasons. 601 is simultaneously distancing (because Dwlee knew it wasn't the real reason) and defending (because Dwlee is arguing IV is town).
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1067, Something_Smart wrote:Your goal would be to back up IV's claim
So I say he went nowhere on N2 why then?
In post 1068, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1064, DArby wrote:I still don't get this in regards to the context of 601. Could you please break it down a bit more because it's not clicking for me.
IV knew he had a doctor fakeclaim and deliberately stalled out for a couple of different possible reasons. 601 is simultaneously distancing (because Dwlee knew it wasn't the real reason) and defending (because Dwlee is arguing IV is town).
I was on the one who put IV on E-1, if he was trying to "verify a claim" with me, that conversation would have happened before that
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 589, Dwlee99 wrote:Where were we

Okay since this is finally happening and the mind hack and worst wagons are boring

VOTE: IV

Claim please
In post 590, innocentvillager wrote:ah there’s the E1 (:

and no I’m not claiming rn wtf
In post 591, innocentvillager wrote:oh jeez we only have 3 days? Double wtf

okok fine if I don’t have anything good for you guys in ~48 hrs I’ll claim.
Like if I'm scum with him couldn't I have just gone "IV claim <blank>" when I E-1'd him instead of him stalling to "verify" with me?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It's really unfortunate for SS/Darby cause I think Skitter was very likely the mislim if she wasn't confirmed, and if I didn't have a clear on IV it would be IV
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:33 pm

In post 1071, Dwlee99 wrote:I think Skitter was very likely the mislim if she wasn't confirmed
Why?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

IV and I both had expressed suspicion on skitter so you likely would have pushed there
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Darby's role claim actually makes a lot of sense if the plan was to claim a guilty on skitter today now that I think of it

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”