Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:28 am

Post by the worst »

In post 282, Retti wrote:
In post 258, UglyDuck wrote:what else would you have one do on day 1? what have you done that analyzes the game? what has anyone done?
This is such a weird, random pop-in. I'm pushing on things I find suspicious and asking questions to people to try to figure out if they're for real or bullshitting.

What are YOU doing to analyze the game?
In post 260, the worst wrote:
In post 235, Retti wrote:
In post 232, the worst wrote:ugh i want to vote azaariah as well
Er, Why?
because I'm finding them noncommittal and I think escalating the pressure against them with three votes within a page would force them to get spicier. :D
Okay, so...why talk about doing it, rather than actually doing it?
I was doing it until you asked and now I'm talking about it. Something something "polite discourse" something.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:33 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Jackson
In post 292, Scorpious wrote:
Whereas Aza is writing out Aza's thought process on why Aza has particular reads and that feels more solvy/moving the game forward like Aza is actively figuring out who is good/bad.
Would you prefer I write 4 paragraphs of totally noncommittal content? I can do that..
After further consideration and deliberation with certain experts and professionals, it is my opinion that 4 paragraphs of totally noncommittal content may or may not be beneficial to certain players in this game.
In post 293, Scorpious wrote:I’m also getting back into the groove with the site mechanics too so hopefully my content will improve in line with that enough to be more effective
Mechanics are chilled, but I'd be interested to see your thoughts on things as they develop (wagons are always a good start, or if you have thoughts about the good/bad faith folks exhibit).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:35 am

Post by the worst »

Ignore this waterbird, you already started doing that.
In post 299, Scorpious wrote:
In post 298, Azaariah wrote:
In post 297, Scorpious wrote:
In post 295, Azaariah wrote:i also have two reads that i am very much committing to and will actively fight against either of their elims. im just explaining why i have no other reads at the moment. it's not noncommittal, it's explaining what im considering with most of these players and why there is no conclusion currently.
Do you think scum is more likely to post something like you did or would they just sit on what amounts
To essentially to “town reads”? In your opinion.
i dont think it depends on the person rather than the alignment.
Forgive me. Can you clarify this?
Suspect they're positing that certain people play this way regardless of alignment. Do you expect it's a quality aligned with scum more than town?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 302, the worst wrote:Ignore this waterbird, you already started doing that.
In post 295, Azaariah wrote:i also have two reads that i am very much committing to and will actively fight against either of their elims. im just explaining why i have no other reads at the moment. it's not noncommittal, it's explaining what im considering with most of these players and why there is no conclusion currently.
Do you think scum is more likely to post something like you did or would they just sit on what amounts
Suspect they're positing that certain people play this way regardless of alignment. Do you expect it's a quality aligned with scum more than town?
I’d like to get a clear answer from them before I answer my own question. Because they really didn’t..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Azaariah »

i didn't completely understand the question but assumed you meant do i think scum are more likely to post long noncommittal reads or short and straight to the point reads. and my answer is that neither depends on alignment. someone who posts short direct reads as scum, aren't suddenly going to be pouring noncommittal reads out as town. someone who posts noncommittal reads as scum, isn't suddenly going to be posting short direct reads as town. it's really rare that there is a difference in one person's play that is something like that because of their alignment. what that means is that neither is a direct scum or town tell.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:10 am

Post by fua »

I think Scorpious was just saying that posting long and noncommittal reads is a way to seem like you’re doing something as scum without actually advancing the game forward at all.

Maybe it’s just me, but I tend to TR players who are open-minded and move the gamestate forward by bringing new ideas to the table rather than those who are interested in self-preservation or just fixate on one specific interaction. That’s most of why Scorpious has been giving me bad vibes— I don’t think the request for him to give reads is too big of an ask, but he still hasn’t done so for the past few days now.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:16 am

Post by fua »

Another rule of thumb I generally go by is seeing who has reactionary play as opposed to proactive play. If you just sit on the sidelines and comment on other peoples' reads or focus on defending yourself, that's often an indicator that someone wants to appear as town without actually doing any of the work to scumhunt.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Scorpious »

Ok, let’s do that.

In post 39, fua wrote:VOTE: T3
In post 67, fua wrote:I also agree with T3’s sentiments on Scorpious for now. The reaction to a scumread based on one post seems a little too defensive, but it’s not enough for me to fully scumread them at the moment.
You agree with your vote’s sentiments?

Do you find it strange to vote someone then say you agree with what they say?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by fua »

I think you should read my response to that exact question instead of echoing someone else.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by fua »

Like. If you’re genuinely going through my ISO then you’d see my response to Retti’s exact question ~2 posts after. Your OMGUS at being called out is also kind of suspicious as well.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Scorpious »

I asked if you found it strange..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by fua »

What kind of question even is that? :neutral:
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by fua »

According to your logic, I should play like my first serious vote is lockscum and never listen to anything they have to say ever again.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by T3 »

UNVOTE: aza
I think this comes from town. I really don't see the scum motivation for this post and it seems genuine.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by fua »

In post 313, T3 wrote:
UNVOTE: aza
I think this comes from town. I really don't see the scum motivation for this post and it seems genuine.
Who do you want to go on instead?

I sort of feel like moving back to Scorpious at the moment. Every point of his that he's brought up has been shading negative reads on him, and I can't help but feel like it comes from scum floundering and trying to preserve themselves rather than town trying to actually solve.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 312, fua wrote:According to your logic, I should play like my first serious vote is lockscum and never listen to anything they have to say ever again.
Show me where I said that. I’m asking you if you thought it felt off agreeing with someone you had a scum read on?

Why is this so hard to answer?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by the worst »

i still think fua and andante both have different brands of "it walks like town and quacks like town, ergo" which makes me demotivated to critically rethink my townreads on d1. just binning for now. azaariah is kind of trending that way in like, an even more tonal/superficial way.

egix is i think my only spicy townread. i think i want to townread natalya but i don't because i feel like i'm waiting for like, where she's going next, if that makes sense. there's been talk about proactive vs. reactive players and their relationship to alignment. i think natalya is like kinda a subversive case of this. she's definitely on the reactive side of the spectrum, but i don't think it's in an inward-focused/agenda indicative way? more like, she only really reacts to things that pique her interest. i feel like i'm going to have an easier time reading natalya later.

t3 and scorp are big buckets of "mmm huh" because like, the more i try to understand where either of them are coming from wrt approaching solving the game, the less certain i feel that i can divine their alignment. think scorp needs to be given some space to do scorp things and i don't think their convo with fua is going anywhere unfortunately.

i want to have a tea party with oman and andante. i would not be surprised if i just waffle on oman until there's a couple of flips. they have the kind of playstyle where they read things and analyse things and then do things and it scares me because i'm a lame yet adorable hyperposter who has like 3 original thoughts per quarter. i think what they're pushing presents as inquisitive more than opportunistic (there's some ~things~ happening which i think analytical scum would have had a better chance to capitalise on => if oman is scum and they're as sharp as i fear they are then they're making decisions which sacrifice good optics).

retti is pressing buttons which is p cool, i haven't decided how i'm approaching solving their slot yet. i'm finding their push on me a bit uninteresting. honestly i'm old grumpy and experienced enough to either (1) make decisions to look a certain way and proceed accordingly, or (2) firmly posit that i'm doing the first thing and double down on it for no reason. i get why they think what i'm doing looks bad. i don't get why they think what i'm doing is scum-aligned. in broad strokes it might be fair to say i think this applies to a lot of what they're doing; they asking questions and making points but i'm kind of vibing til i see a bit more of like, where they're going with this.

i have literally no read on andres, uglyducko or jackson. andres had a cute rvs but is experienced enough to fake a cute rvs. literally none of them have a weak scumgames so i doubt we've got a team of just straight frozen scum but it's p hard to resist the urge to torture them for now. :P i do think jackson superficially has like, the highest scum equity of the trio.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by fua »

In post 315, Scorpious wrote:
In post 312, fua wrote:According to your logic, I should play like my first serious vote is lockscum and never listen to anything they have to say ever again.
Show me where I said that. I’m asking you if you thought it felt off agreeing with someone you had a scum read on?

Why is this so hard to answer?
No, it's not 'off'. My vote for T3 was on page 2 and mostly to get the game out of RVS. Why is it odd to agree with the point of someone I lightly scumread? Do you think that I shouldn't listen to people that I scumread at all? If you think I should listen to them, then why do you have a problem with me agreeing with T3 about your post? If you think I shouldn't listen to them, then 312 is completely correct.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by fua »

It was hard to answer because I couldn't believe that I even had to entertain this question and that you were fully asking it in earnest.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 318, fua wrote:It was hard to answer because I couldn't believe that I even had to entertain this question and that you were fully asking it in earnest.
“Ask questions be proactive”

How dare you ask such a stupid question!!”

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by the worst »

hey pals what's everyone's favourite colour?

fua/scorp is this discourse helping either of you sort the other
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by fua »

In post 319, Scorpious wrote:
In post 318, fua wrote:It was hard to answer because I couldn't believe that I even had to entertain this question and that you were fully asking it in earnest.
“Ask questions be proactive”

How dare you ask such a stupid question!!”
It was literally the same question someone else asked earlier that I already explained, that I simply pointed out to you after you asked, that you were aggressive towards me for 'not answering' when the answer was a given the whole time. You would literally find the exact same answer I gave to your question in my ISO if you looked.

VOTE: Scorpious
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by fua »

I'll ask again. Do you have any reads or takes on the game that don't involve you being upset at people scumreading you?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

what is the difference between a tension headache and a migraine

sorry, wrong tab
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

-
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeBailey

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”