Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 316, the worst wrote:retti is pressing buttons which is p cool, i haven't decided how i'm approaching solving their slot yet. i'm finding their push on me a bit uninteresting. honestly i'm old grumpy and experienced enough to either (1) make decisions to look a certain way and proceed accordingly, or (2) firmly posit that i'm doing the first thing and double down on it for no reason. i get why they think what i'm doing looks bad. i don't get why they think what i'm doing is scum-aligned. in broad strokes it might be fair to say i think this applies to a lot of what they're doing; they asking questions and making points but i'm kind of vibing til i see a bit more of like, where they're going with this.
It specifically felt like you were trying to take advantage of andante getting into it with Aza in what is probably TvT and were making overtures toward voting Aza, which I Did Not Like because they're one of my few solid townreads, and your justification was that they were being "noncommittal" and you "wanted to increase the pressure", which, nominally, is
fine
but...if you wanted to do that, why not just
actually do it
? The problem is what you were doing
doesn't actually increase pressure in a meaningful way
, it just looks like angling to slide onto a potential growing wagon?
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 373, Andante wrote:And cause I know Retti is gonna say something, yes Retti, have no fear, I'm actually gonna case you later and look into stuff, then I'll feel good about what you are, I shouldn't even be here right now though, so byeeee see yall later. I'm town, dw. just trust :)
What I'm going to say is I thought you were townreading me? I'm confused
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 376, Retti wrote:
In post 373, Andante wrote:And cause I know Retti is gonna say something, yes Retti, have no fear, I'm actually gonna case you later and look into stuff, then I'll feel good about what you are, I shouldn't even be here right now though, so byeeee see yall later. I'm town, dw. just trust :)
Uh I'm genuinely confused on my reads too, and there's no one I trust 100% here, so my plan after finals is to figure out my thoughts/concerns on everyone and go from there. I'm like playing 4d chess in my mind here,like "ok Retti probably town, however, if Retti isn't town, I'd believe that too cause of X,Y,Z" it's a nightmare. especially cause my reads are consistently changing at the moment, so uhh just ignore me, there's a reason I'm voting no one right now
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 377, Andante wrote:
In post 376, Retti wrote:
Uh I'm genuinely confused on my reads too, and there's no one I trust 100% here, so my plan after finals is to figure out my thoughts/concerns on everyone and go from there. I'm like playing 4d chess in my mind here,like "ok Retti probably town, however, if Retti isn't town, I'd believe that too cause of X,Y,Z" it's a nightmare. especially cause my reads are consistently changing at the moment, so uhh just ignore me, there's a reason I'm voting no one right now
Lmao, okay, fair enough. That's understandable, I feel like this is a game where I'm having a lot of trouble getting solid townreads and I wish I was, like, a quintuple-voter
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 375, Retti wrote:
In post 316, the worst wrote:retti is pressing buttons which is p cool, i haven't decided how i'm approaching solving their slot yet. i'm finding their push on me a bit uninteresting. honestly i'm old grumpy and experienced enough to either (1) make decisions to look a certain way and proceed accordingly, or (2) firmly posit that i'm doing the first thing and double down on it for no reason. i get why they think what i'm doing looks bad. i don't get why they think what i'm doing is scum-aligned. in broad strokes it might be fair to say i think this applies to a lot of what they're doing; they asking questions and making points but i'm kind of vibing til i see a bit more of like, where they're going with this.
It specifically felt like you were trying to take advantage of andante getting into it with Aza in what is probably TvT and were making overtures toward voting Aza, which I Did Not Like because they're one of my few solid townreads, and your justification was that they were being "noncommittal" and you "wanted to increase the pressure", which, nominally, is
fine
actually do it
when? lol
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 364, the worst wrote:
In post 361, fua wrote:
In post 360, the worst wrote:retti
Summarize the case on Retti for me?
I don't have one and that's why I'd love to see retti suffer a lil
I'm already signed up to play a game of mafia that's the most amount of suffering possible
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by the worst »

you raise a good point. :P
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 379, the worst wrote:
fine
actually do it
when? lol
What? Last night, then , which was why I voted you in the first place, because A) I disagreed and thought Aza was p. damn towny and B) it didn't really seem like you were interested in sorting Aza, it felt posture-y
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Andante »

Honestly, what if I just townblock Retti/the worst and deal with it later if one of yall is not town, cause that idea is sounding tempting to me lol I don't think I even tr the worst, but yall are active, sooo bam. easssyyy, but if ou're maf in my townblock, you better bus your partners. thanks :)
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 326, Scorpious wrote:Anyway.. reads..partial..full..right…wrong… and my favorite color is Blue.

Natalya- Not scum, or the best scum ever.. not scum

Andante-Not scum, also cheered me on *blush*. Thanks, nice break from getting pummeled.
But I’m a sucker for the active, and this seems way too active and non contradictory

Oman- This one is weird, was really the first one to outwardly “support” me, and the quotes meaning he didn’t come in guns blazing. I’m puzzled because they switched the vote to Jackson over..? Policy?
I feel a scum vote would easily Trump the policy vote.Is this the beginning of scum initiating activity arguments?This is a null for me

Retti- Scares me. I cannot read this person. On one hand they seem receptive to logic that isn’t from their own thought process, but When I read these posts they just give me this calculated vibe. I can’t put my finger on it..Gun to my head… scum.

T3- Get this feeling this can be a scum with Aza, Voting them, then accepting a single post to remove the vote, with little to no push does not sit well with me. I’d vote this

Fua- Really likes cutting me down, didn’t like how they answered twice in a row for Natalya when I was trying to get a reaction, feels coachish..not sure how AI that is though. I can see scum motivation for trying to guide another’s behavior. Scum….ish… lean? Like as close to null as you can be but still be on the scum side.

Az- The four paragraph “ I think this, but I might think that, but if I thought that, then I might think that..” turned me off. Is it even fluff anymore? Biggest scum read atm.

the worst- no read, this person is way beyond me in levels of skill. I feel stupid even trying to read this one. I intially felt like him and Natalya were site friends just having a good time, but I was wrong. This is a null..

Egix seems a touch opportunistic, but this is that murky activity area.
And the other 2, well.. we’ll see..
What posts did I make that came across as "calculate" to you?

I'm weirded out because I feel like "calculated" is honsetly a p. accurate descriptor of my scumgame but also I feel like it's the polar opposite of how I've been playing here, where I've been pretty off the cuff and all over the place? I don't get it, at all.
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Retti »

IDK if I'm just feeling petty tonight but I kind of hate those reads from Scorp
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Andante »

uhhh I don't get a calculated impression from you lol, just very engaged, I saw that list, it's on my list to react to (a mental list I have lol so we know how that ends)

but like, normally I tr the first few reads lists, but like, idk, a reads list on everyone, when half the table should be null, ehhh this list doesn't do too much forme, feels forced, like "I have to post this" which is likely a direct result from all the votes that direction, so mehh. this is why I hate wagon pressure lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 385, Retti wrote:IDK if I'm just feeling petty tonight but I kind of hate those reads from Scorp
Same, but you have to remember, Scorp is basically being forced to out reads, none of those seem too genuine, so who even knows
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Retti »

If I were to try to put it into words, he's scumreading Az for "waffling" but a lot of his reads are inconclusive as well? It feels kind of open-ended for who he's willing to vote?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Andante »

I was just reading Scorp's ISO, and there's like a distinct shift in stance, talking to me like "why does it matter how people play RVS" blowing up, then a lot of "here's reads" something is odd about it, but as I was scrolling the ISO, I realized I really don't want to spend 30 minutes on this right now, but, I will stop blindly defending Scorp lol (sometimes I wonder if I even have town's best interest in mind when I play)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 270, Andresvmb wrote:I’m back tonight btw.
Waiting for this before I continue :o
I prefer they, thanks :)
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 386, Andante wrote:uhhh I don't get a calculated impression from you lol, just very engaged, I saw that list, it's on my list to react to (a mental list I have lol so we know how that ends)

but like, normally I tr the first few reads lists, but like, idk, a reads list on everyone, when half the table should be null, ehhh this list doesn't do too much forme, feels forced, like "I have to post this" which is likely a direct result from all the votes that direction, so mehh. this is why I hate wagon pressure lol
In post 387, Andante wrote:
In post 385, Retti wrote:IDK if I'm just feeling petty tonight but I kind of hate those reads from Scorp
Same, but you have to remember, Scorp is basically being forced to out reads, none of those seem too genuine, so who even knows
Yeah I guess, it's hard to describe it really, I don't feel like I have solid reads for the most part yet either, it's moreso the
way
he talks about things that bothers me, if that makes any sense.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 382, Retti wrote:
In post 379, the worst wrote:
fine
actually do it
when? lol
What? Last night, then , which was why I voted you in the first place, because A) I disagreed and thought Aza was p. damn towny and B) it didn't really seem like you were interested in sorting Aza, it felt posture-y
in what fashion does expressing interest in voting someone someone who is in a precarious position in the gamestate
not
increase pressure?;
it just looks like angling to slide onto a potential growing wagon?
please note i did literally every part of this
except for
slide onto a potential growing wagon. including several posts splitting hairs with Aza to work out what their angle was.

were my several posts asking Aza to commit to reads were disinterested in sorting and "posture-y"? was me pressing aza to elaborate and then expressing interest in their being wagoned
not
clearly intended to increase pressure? did i not elect to
not
jump on their potentially growing wagon?
I'm happy you have a different opinion about Aza. variety is the spice of life.

i've written up a lengthy response/retort which i've saved as a draft because i don't think you'll like it all that much. i'm not saying i'm clearly town here or particularly easy to read, ftr. i'm a big fan of being scumread and cased day one, i'm possible to eliminate early but i'm
remarkably
trustrating to read accurately on day one. but what you're suggesting i'm doing here is so lost in buzzwords and tryna look cute that it's coming out perpendicular to reality.

i think it's like, extremely clear accounting for the below posts leading up to my "i'd vote aza" that my intent is to build pressure and whatever but if you've already decided that your warped version of reality is perfect then go off or whatever

Spoiler:
In post 166, the worst wrote:
In post 95, Azaariah wrote:i have some thoughts on the game but won't say them yet VOTE: scorpio
would suggest you say them lol. I think scorpio is getting harder to wagon at the time you made this post so you've got some clout to accumulate if you wanna get away with cruising thru!
In post 169, the worst wrote:interested to hear from the second cutest duck itt, and jackson, followed egix
double triple super mega interested to hear from azaariah
In post 200, the worst wrote:
In post 187, Andante wrote:idk, catching up, thought I'd react to this though, and hey, here's my first "true piece of content" for yall
i think like, ~assertively null~ is about where i landed on that post from scorp as well. it could go either way and i think i'd rather see scorp's analysis on others than see scorp's reaction to being wagoned more.

i have thoughts on your next post but won't speak for retti so will shelve that.
In post 190, Andante wrote:
In post 151, Natalya wrote:
In post 139, Scorpious wrote:How so? I’m not going to vote someone every time they do something I don’t like..

How do you view this post?

I think it makes sense for town!you to vote for someone if you think they made "the worst post of the game" rather than keep your vote on your RVS which means really nothing.

The fact that you don't really see your vote as a tool to pressure/attack people that you suspect makes me think you are not very interested in scumhunting.
Uhh what? you SR someone for not voting? I mean, my method of scumhunting doesn't typically involve talking with my vote? Like, engaging with people and talking to them is better than just a simple (Vote X)
i agree.
do you think it's a playstyle difference between natalya & scorpious or do you think natalya is pushing scorpious opportunistically?
In post 193, Andante wrote:
In post 168, the worst wrote:VOTE: Scorpius E-2

Fua & Andante are town. Retti probationary town. Oman is too lucid and considered and I'm scared to have a read on them.
What made you decide to put Scorp on E-2?
i'm a punk who does as they please :cool:
mmm originally it was a whim. i like big wagons, and i was curious to see if anything else happened. it lost a lot of interest to me when scorp made the post abt clique culture etc.
In post 196, Azaariah wrote:well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum. i need to read this game again with that in mind but my initial thoughts were that andante was scum here but that was under the assumption that she was town in the other game which is not true.

i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
oh heck yeah i love a spicy read. my townread on andante is like, super lazy and premature, but i do think she's advancing the gamestate in a way that tends towards clarity rather than deception. i'm reading tea leaves here tho.

hope you don't mind me being granular. from meta analysis, do you think there's a particular mindset we should be looking for from andante to indicate her alignment? what struck you as different here (even if it's just like, a sentence or some gut feeling, what sparked that feeling?)

a game of 13 is usually 10:3 which means voting someone out because they're hard to read flips scum ~23% of the time. voting someone out because they randed scum works 100% of the time. so i'd rather vote out scum in this game, than vote out skilled scum players. :P
In post 201, the worst wrote:
In post 197, Azaariah wrote:my initial thoughts were that andante seemed very explain-y, overexplain-y but i wasn't reading closely so i'll give that a reassessment probably sometime tomorrow.
ah i didn't see this in preview edit. i'm holding my breath for tomorrow. :P

If you want to say i'm scum for hedging reads amongst low hanging fruit by pushing Egix & Aza at the same time, go fuckin wild. If you want to say I'm scum actually seriously legitimately pocketing T3 by giving him the benefit of the doubt and pushing someone else who was coasting by doing sweet fuck-all, please go fuckin wild. I'm a trainwreck to read correctly day one, but I'm not impossible to eliminate day one and I'm not impossible to scum-case day one. Literally bring it on. But what you're saying I'm doing is straight-up loopy.

pls go reread the first like two or three lines of this post after you finish, ideally i'd try and format slightly more clearly but i'm busyish irl as well
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Andante »

Like, it feels like, Scorpious was positioning to push me, with the reaction to me "caring about RVS" it's early in the ISO, easy to see, that alone is kinda odd like, if you're going "why do you care about RVS" why are you trying to stop me from talking at people? I know scum wants to stay in RVS as long as possible, but even for scum, why would they actively try to stop stuff from happening? like, that's where I get conflicted, cause scum would sitback, watch me burn something up, and move on with their day.

but on the other end of the spectrum, we have people not doing anything, and I guarantee town is in that, as well as scum, sooo it's a great time!!!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Andante »

@the worst, Retti is town, just assume that is true, and move on with your day 1, together the 3 of us will find a scum today
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 388, Retti wrote:If I were to try to put it into words, he's scumreading Az for "waffling" but a lot of his reads are inconclusive as well? It feels kind of open-ended for who he's willing to vote?
i think hypocrisy tends to come from purer mindsets before guilty mindsets a lot of the time (who have a tendency towards being more careful / avoiding being seen as fallacious)
is it not normal to remain open-ended as to who you would vote if you have a pool of people who you think are scum?

ftr i have a few issues with scorpius' read list but i feel like you're just picking on things which are optically not-ideal without actually considering what alignment is posting them?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 391, Retti wrote:
In post 386, Andante wrote:uhhh I don't get a calculated impression from you lol, just very engaged, I saw that list, it's on my list to react to (a mental list I have lol so we know how that ends)

In post 387, Andante wrote:
Yeah I guess, it's hard to describe it really, I don't feel like I have solid reads for the most part yet either, it's moreso the
way
he talks about things that bothers me, if that makes any sense.
yes, it makes sense, this is the 1 thing where I'm not just blindly defending Scorp, like, he was genuinely forced to out reads, but I'm trying to figureout his goal for day 1, it doesn't look like he's trying to find scum, more just "that's sus, why are you doing that" type feel, trying to throw attention in different directions, opposed to actually trying to find maf
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 394, Andante wrote:@the worst, Retti is town, just assume that is true, and move on with your day 1, together the 3 of us will find a scum today
that's a bigger problem than retti being scum, because i am not convinced retti is making an effort to form reads on people's alignments. that, coming from townies, loses games. :P
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Andante »

fun fact: I read oman/Scorp as the same person when they talk, so that's fun
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by the worst »

do you read people's posts in like, internally-assigned voices?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”