She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 96, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 86, Aristeia wrote:i like implos strategy

also if we r throwing the three scummiest into the same spot, it doesnt actually matter which spot we throw them into.
Do you think Luke is town?
nope
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Here is the one I was in
and the scum chat for it

This game was a scum sweep. The won the keep and then won the wall.

Scum locked in pretty early this game, all three scum were in the first 4 vote ins
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Aristeia »

which is why i think your early lock in was quite scummy
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 95, imaginality wrote:Okay I see the added value of that strategy if it's on the Keep. Though it might be moot as Lukewarm and Ari have limited our options to apply it unless we strongly scumread either or both of them.
well, yes, which is why i proposed that i go to the keep immediately when the game started. and then someone lolvoted keep.
In post 98, Lukewarm wrote:I see your suggested plan, but I did not realize that you wanting to go to the keep was contingent on us all agreeing to go with it. I guess since the keep is my top choice, I kinda assumed you might still have it as your top choice sans-plan
i mean, i cannot force people to go to the locations i want them in, so yes, it would depend on the rest of the game agreeing with the plan. the keep is still my favourite choice due to it being the easiest and me being bad at mafia, but eh.
In post 99, implosion wrote:I think there's almost no strategies that strictly increase town's EV from a random-choices perspective. I think there's mostly just strategies that are better or worse at leveraging different kinds of correct reads.

I want to call VP and Tanner town atm.
yeah, i know. i'm thinking it would be a morale-booster for town (and i believe morale is extremely important in mafia) and it would give info for solving the more difficult minigames.

why those two names?
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 100, Aristeia wrote:

also if we r throwing the three scummiest into the same spot, it doesnt actually matter which spot we throw them into.
nope
Sad.

I am leaning town on Ari atm for the way she has interacted with the Tanner slot
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Toogeloo »

nope
So then, your comment makes no sense.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 102, Aristeia wrote:which is why i think your early lock in was quite scummy
I mean, in that game we all waffled and debated on where to go, and the scum team all got first pick of their locations. I don't feel like every one holding off forever really helped us that game, and it definitely made the game harder for me personally
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

I think from that game you learned that collectivism is better for the town and that scum have an incentive to just take what they want in order to not let town dictate assignments. So you deciding to unilaterally jump feels like a bit of a scumclaim to me
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 105, Toogeloo wrote:

nope
So then, your comment makes no sense.

I am not always right on everything and I doubt we can get all 3 into the same location regardless
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 104, Lukewarm wrote:

nope
Sad.

I am leaning town on Ari atm for the way she has interacted with the Tanner slot
Are you playing to get three scum in the same game? I assume you TR both Ari and Tanner, and you were trying to get Tanner and myself in with you in the Keep.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 104, Lukewarm wrote:

nope
Sad.

Well

if you correctly townread me it doesnt actually matter if my read on you is wrong so... ~shrug~
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Forgive me btw. I just assumed scum would be avoiding getting stacked together, so playing to try and lock 3 scum together seemed like a pointless endeavor to begin with, but people are pushing it anyways.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:29 am

Post by implosion »

In post 103, Tanner wrote:why those two names?
Pretty much impressions. I am hoping to consciously force myself to reassess reads more than usual and the corollary of that is that I don't really care about saying reads that I can't really justify strongly right now.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:30 am

Post by implosion »

In post 107, Aristeia wrote:I think from that game you learned that collectivism is better for the town and that scum have an incentive to just take what they want in order to not let town dictate assignments. So you deciding to unilaterally jump feels like a bit of a scumclaim to me
...and we're not supposed to consider your unilateral jump a scumclaim because clearly, it's different?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 107, Aristeia wrote:I think from that game you learned that collectivism is better for the town and that scum have an incentive to just take what they want in order to not let town dictate assignments. So you deciding to unilaterally jump feels like a bit of a scumclaim to me
No, what I learned was that if I stay uncommitted and talk with everyone over every single minigame, then the scum team and the people not willing to talk are going to all just lock themselves in before the rest of us actually come to a consensus, and I will get pushed out of the game that I want to be in and can just as easily lose anyways
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 111, Toogeloo wrote:Forgive me btw. I just assumed scum would be avoiding getting stacked together, so playing to try and lock 3 scum together seemed like a pointless endeavor to begin with, but people are pushing it anyways.
I dont think we will succeed but it is fun to try!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:31 am

Post by implosion »

oh i guess you weren't in that game. i see
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 114, Lukewarm wrote:
No, what I learned was that if I stay uncommitted and talk with everyone over every single minigame, then the scum team and the people not willing to talk are going to all just lock themselves in before the rest of us actually come to a consensus, and I will get pushed out of the game that I want to be in and can just as easily lose anyways
I think if the meta for this game is that the first person who locks in a location unilaterally without consensus approval is lockscummed, it would be greatly positive for town win rates.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:32 am

Post by implosion »

Lukewarm, do you think you being in the Keep increases the town's probability of winning? Or is it simply something you want?

If the former why, if the latter then why should we take you at your word here?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 113, implosion wrote:
...and we're not supposed to consider your unilateral jump a scumclaim because clearly, it's different?
Once the bottle is broken there is no putting the genie back.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 111, Toogeloo wrote:Forgive me btw. I just assumed scum would be avoiding getting stacked together, so playing to try and lock 3 scum together seemed like a pointless endeavor to begin with, but people are pushing it anyways.
Are they? My read is people are trying to optimize minis, not lock scum in a position.

I kind of agree with Aris that first movers probably have +scum due to the simple fact scum have more direct incentive to move first.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:36 am

Post by implosion »

Scum will avoid being stacked together - this is exactly why playing to try and lock 3 scum together is a good idea. Basically it lets us read the way in which people push back on plans that are formed, and try to interpret them.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:38 am

Post by implosion »

I've generally been of the mind that first movers are +town because being a first mover is very conspicuous.

I think it's hard to clearly read in isolation. In the game I played scum moved 2nd and 6th (and then the last 3 people including the third scum were locked to the last location).
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:38 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 91, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 87, imaginality wrote:VP Baltar, what game were we in together?
Feel like we definitely played together many years ago. I couldn't tell you the game though. Definitely not saying I can read you, was just listing people I am pretty sure I've played with before.
I'd be happy if you (or anyone here) can read me easily. Since this game seems to rely on playstyle reads and a bit of mechanics/wifom rather than the typical game with wagons and NKs to analyse.

You're right, by the way - I dug back into my wiki and looks like we were both in One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest (you as scum, me as town) which got abandoned. Back in 2009!
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:39 am

Post by implosion »

I think position of joining a location is in isolation something that can very much be determined by either personality or alignment. So without extra context it's not that useful. To be fair, Aristeia is trying to give that extra context to justify her Lukewarm read.

Return to “Completed Open Games”