imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:44 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 245, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 213, Tanner wrote:does anyone else read 204 as me shading those three people for not assigning yet?
I did not think that it was shade
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

If Ari was planning on pocketing prior to alignment distribution, it's not really alignment indicative though, right?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 239, imaginality wrote:
In post 201, Tanner wrote:that post was me questioning implo's read on me. part of me wants to say that means the team is imaginality/implosion/baltar because why else would he mix up you two, but realistically i know it's probably just a mistake.
Probably best you stick with the 'mistake' explanation not only because it's correct but also because what I
actually
mixed up was typing you instead of implosion:
In post 160, VP Baltar wrote:.

I will say, I give small +town points to implosion for spouting off his optimal strategy. He talks about it in the scum PT for that old game. Seems like it wouldn't need to be mentioned before I asked for a link if he were scum.
So your tinfoil theory would have me, you and implosion as scum, which I'm guessing you disagree with? :D
uhm. you posted the original thing in the section of your readslist that was describing your townread of me. you linked post , which is me responding to implo and asking why he's townreading me and vp.

so you're telling me you mixed up typing me instead of implosion, you mixed up which section you're putting it in, you ALSO mixed up the number of the post, but everything came out in such a way that it looks like you mixed up implo and vp?
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 240, Lukewarm wrote:Filtering back through to find what made you think this, in 103 Implosion expressed a town read on VP and Tanner. Then imaginality said that it was a VP read on Tanner. So VP was tangentially involved with that discussion?

I don't think I buy into this team solve
yeah, imaginality mixed up implo and vp. i'm already suspicious of imaginality for his very weird read on vp. so i think scum is more likely to mix up two people if they're of same alignment. and the imaginality's read of vp slightly smells like s/s, so.... here we are.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 246, VP Baltar wrote:He's most out there with reads. Those reads are probably overstated even, which seems like a riskier move than scum would need to take at like 10 pages.
hm. in my experience, such early readslists are more often called scummy because they're ~performative~. so it feels a bit ??? to see that actually being townread? anything in them strike you as hard to fake?
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 236, Lukewarm wrote:but Toog I like Toog
can you spell this out for me?

also, i'm probably getting tunnelled, but i think i unironically want imaginality and baltar at the same location. these interactions bug me.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 249, imaginality wrote:As for why Ari/Tanner potentially being S/S, consider that my own tinfoil theory. ;)

Basically that the whole "we wanna go in the same location" thing could be aimed at making town wary of letting you go in the same location. So you end up in different locations. Or if you do both end up in keep and have to swap one of you, you use it as a point to argue that you/Ari are being swapped so Ari won't vote you.

I don't know how likely it is but I do disagree with people who are saying it's too limiting for S/S to play like that.

That said it could be S/T with her wanting to buddy you. I think in that scenario they'd still nightswap you if you end up in same location so she doesn't have to vote you. But I could see that leading to you and others strengthening your townreads on her. Whereas again I see her play even if you're town as a perfectly viable scum tactic.

Whereas I don't know if Ari as town would be willing to risk the game on voting for you as an unknown alignment.
This reads like a fever dream. I cannot imagine ari/Tanner is s/s.
In post 253, Tanner wrote:
In post 240, Lukewarm wrote:Filtering back through to find what made you think this, in 103 Implosion expressed a town read on VP and Tanner. Then imaginality said that it was a VP read on Tanner. So VP was tangentially involved with that discussion?

I don't think I buy into this team solve
yeah, imaginality mixed up implo and vp. i'm already suspicious of imaginality for his very weird read on vp. so i think scum is more likely to mix up two people if they're of same alignment. and the imaginality's read of vp slightly smells like s/s, so.... here we are.
This also sounds insane.

You think imaginality couldn't remember the name of his potential scum buddy? That just doesn't make sense as a goof scum would make when, presumably, they are interacting with their buddies in day chat more than anyone. Right?

Seems fair to call out imaginality's explanation as convoluted (I can barely follow it), but to think the mixup would be scum scum seems to not make sense to me.

pedit @ Tanner -- it's not that it's hard to fake. it's more to the point you're making. I often see early reads lists get criticized, so that's why I'm saying it's more risky as scum. Anyhow, I am NOT saying I'm absolutely town reading imaginality here. Just saying it seemed +transparency early in the game that was likely to draw heat...which is not necessarily something scum are motivated to do.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 255, Tanner wrote:i unironically want imaginality and baltar at the same location.
That seems fine by me. I don't trust you to call an entire location, but if you want to test your theory in a 2/3, I don't think there is a lot of harm in that.
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 256, VP Baltar wrote:Seems fair to call out imaginality's explanation as convoluted (I can barely follow it), but to think the mixup would be scum scum seems to not make sense to me.
i mean, all i'm doing is making an assumption that, if scum were to mix up two people, those two people are more likely to be of same alignment. and i don't like the interactions between you two. so. 2+2. is 5 probably because i'm bad at this game but you get the idea.
In post 257, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 255, Tanner wrote:i unironically want imaginality and baltar at the same location.
That seems fine by me. I don't trust you to call an entire location, but if you want to test your theory in a 2/3, I don't think there is a lot of harm in that.
i like how you think that scum!me would care enough to powerwolf and push through certain locations because...? i'm that afraid that my buddies and i will get locked in the same one? at the time where most of the game is going "uh idk i don't care where i go hehe" and they can do the things themselves? i'm taking it as a compliment.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 258, Tanner wrote:i like how you think that scum!me would care enough to powerwolf and push through certain locations because...?
Oh I absolutely think you'd powerwolf enough to try to get 1-1-1. You're good enough to do that in a natural way.
YOUR AD HERE

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:34 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 252, Tanner wrote:
In post 239, imaginality wrote:
In post 201, Tanner wrote:that post was me questioning implo's read on me. part of me wants to say that means the team is imaginality/implosion/baltar because why else would he mix up you two, but realistically i know it's probably just a mistake.
Probably best you stick with the 'mistake' explanation not only because it's correct but also because what I
actually
mixed up was typing you instead of implosion:
In post 160, VP Baltar wrote:.

I will say, I give small +town points to implosion for spouting off his optimal strategy. He talks about it in the scum PT for that old game. Seems like it wouldn't need to be mentioned before I asked for a link if he were scum.
So your tinfoil theory would have me, you and implosion as scum, which I'm guessing you disagree with? :D
uhm. you posted the original thing in the section of your readslist that was describing your townread of me. you linked post , which is me responding to implo and asking why he's townreading me and vp.

so you're telling me you mixed up typing me instead of implosion, you mixed up which section you're putting it in, you ALSO mixed up the number of the post, but everything came out in such a way that it looks like you mixed up implo and vp?
To clarify:
- when I was writing notes for my reads on you I noted 'VP townreads Tanner' instead of 'VP townreads implo'
- when I wrote my notes on you I wrote 'Tanner questions townread on him' and grabbed the URL
- when I wrote up the section on you I combined these into the line about you questioning VP's townread on you
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 259, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 258, Tanner wrote:i like how you think that scum!me would care enough to powerwolf and push through certain locations because...?
Oh I absolutely think you'd powerwolf enough to try to get 1-1-1. You're good enough to do that in a natural way.
i mean, if the situation called for it. but, like... everyone is just twiddling their thumbs with regards to where they go... my scumbuddies would surely have enough brain to be able to fake
something
on why they want to go somewhere.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 260, imaginality wrote:To clarify:
- when I was writing notes for my reads on you I noted 'VP townreads Tanner' instead of 'VP townreads implo'
- when I wrote my notes on you I wrote 'Tanner questions townread on him' and grabbed the URL
- when I wrote up the section on you I combined these into the line about you questioning VP's townread on you
okay,
sure
. i don't feel like forcing implo with you two, he's being townie anyway.

gotta say, if this is a convoluted plot to get me to back off from my correct teamread of implo/imaginality/baltar, i want a moment of brilliance nom post game. :lol:
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Tanner »

actually, i'm not even sure if i find baltar scummy anymore in the grand scheme of things. except for the interactions with imaginality. that makes me want to start drinking again.

this was the alt with which i spent like half of one game drunk, right? i should bring that back

still the best reads i ever had
your eyes on the city.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 236, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 189, Aristeia wrote:btw who are we liking for the 3 scummiest thrown into Gate?

I think rn my too early list is:

1. numberQ
4. imaginality
6. Toogeloo
Do you have reasons for these, outside of post count? I have had no thoughts on either numberQ or imaginality, which is kind of a bad sign, but Toog I like Toog

just gut feels and I think it would be helpful if people put down their lists
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 231, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 229, Tanner wrote:what "questionable" comment, the one where i apparently shaded people for doing the exact same thing i am doing?
Yes.
why does it seem like you think i am so insanely confident in that solve? like. it was one (1) post that made me think that the three of you might be buddies. none of you have any preference between minigames, and nobody has any ideas on how to assign the rest of us. we can test my theory - if i'm right, town wins. if i'm wrong, nothing is lost. i don't have to be insanely confident in that being the correct solve to realize there is no harm in test it?
It's not about the confidence level. It just seems like a terrible solve. I know I'm town, so I know you're wrong there. Implosion looks fairly town in approach based upon the scum PT in the other game. So that's at least 2/3 that look like bad solves to me. What can I say, I have higher expectations from you.
if our remaining 6 is 3s/3t

putting 3 t in a location and putting 3 s in a location is functionally the same thing
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Aristeia »

I don't think its important to think about if tanners 3 is a legitimate solve or not.

things like getting all scum into 1 location are pretty unlikely

its more about taking a shot because what have you got to lose?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 266, Aristeia wrote:I don't think its important to think about if tanners 3 is a legitimate solve or not.

things like getting all scum into 1 location are pretty unlikely

its more about taking a shot because what have you got to lose?
What's your actual read on Tanner?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If I'm grouping people, might be something like this:

numberQ, Toogeloo, Tanner

Lukewarm, Aristeia, implosion

VP Baltar, DArby, imaginality

Maybe flip Tanner and DArby
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Tanner »

oooh, spicy. any reasons for those? who goes to which one?
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 269, Tanner wrote:oooh, spicy. any reasons for those? who goes to which one?
Given the keep is set, I'd like to put my strongest town read there.

I'm also abiding by your request because that doesn't bother me, and if you're town maybe it will help you.

And then it is just separating the low content slots of number and Darby. Obv if I put you with my group, it is kind of a fun twist on your request, but may not be good trying to sort two low info slots in the same game. (Though as I'm typing this, I'm thinking 'sorting two in one game means maybe you'll only lose one game!')

As far as who goes to what game, I don't have strong feelings, but maybe Gate, keep, tower in that order?
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Tanner »

you mean wall? if so, i actually don't hate the idea of going to the wall with you and imaginality, sending implo to the keep, and throwing the rest at the gate.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 271, Tanner wrote:you mean wall? if so, i actually don't hate the idea of going to the wall with you and imaginality, sending implo to the keep, and throwing the rest at the gate.
Yeah, wall sorry.
YOUR AD HERE

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:27 am

Post by imaginality »

If you think the low info slots will be hardest to sort I'd argue we should chuck them at the wall where we have lowest odds of winning anyhow?
I do like the idea of sending implosion to the Keep as no one's voiced any suspicion of him.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 268, VP Baltar wrote:If I'm grouping people, might be something like this:

numberQ, Toogeloo, Tanner

Lukewarm, Aristeia, implosion

VP Baltar, DArby, imaginality

Maybe flip Tanner and DArby
I don't oppose this suggestion.

Return to “Completed Open Games”