Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Rishi wrote:What's especially bad about your statements is that you're not even voting for Timeater and you want a claim from him? Anyway, I still would like Timeater to explain his actions, but I also want to know what the deal is asking for a claim from a person who you're not even voting for.
I was asking for people's opinions on a claim, not directly asking for a claim. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If people aren't for that, and it sounds like most aren't, then I'm fine with not going there, and just asking for an explanation.

Also, you're right, I chose not to vote for him, most specifically because I didn't want the possibility of a quicklynch.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

MacavityLock wrote:
Rishi wrote:What's especially bad about your statements is that you're not even voting for Timeater and you want a claim from him? Anyway, I still would like Timeater to explain his actions, but I also want to know what the deal is asking for a claim from a person who you're not even voting for.
I was asking for people's opinions on a claim, not directly asking for a claim. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If people aren't for that, and it sounds like most aren't, then I'm fine with not going there, and just asking for an explanation.

Also, you're right, I chose not to vote for him, most specifically because I didn't want the possibility of a quicklynch.
Why are you worrying about a quicklynch when a) Timeater is at L-3 and b) a quicklynch at L-2 would almost certainly reveal two scum on Day 1? I need to take a closer look at you sometime soon.

FoS: MacavityLock
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

forbiddanlight wrote:

1) I fail to see how I "fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book", especially since you have failed to explain.
He thinks he trapped you with Fong's Gambit I think. But he kinda missed the fact that FONG'S GAMBIT DOESN'T WORK.

At least, that's MY perception of the situation.
I still want to see what he has to say on the matter before I comment further.
User out of ambit.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Tarhalindur wrote:Why are you worrying about a quicklynch when a) Timeater is at L-3 and b) a quicklynch at L-2 would almost certainly reveal two scum on Day 1?
Not necessarily. Sometimes people over-react. Sometimes people don't check vote counts. I was thinking that my Finger of Irrationality was enough.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Grimmy »

andersonw wrote:Grimmy: Could you answer the question I had in post 67?
Sure.

your question was this
Why did Grimmy answer the question that was posed to Awesome pants.

Grimmy answers:
At that point (very early in the game) that was more of a game mechanics question (imho) than a personal question, so I posted an answer to keep things moving, and it also fit into my running comentary about being in the joke vote phase.
Other reasons include the following
-I was currently in a newbie game at the same time as an IC was was prodded by the mod to share some experience with the new players, so I was still in "teach mode" of sorts. Those newbies really DID snatch the grasshoper from my hand. amazing
-That question was the mythical mountain, and I clombed it simply because it was there.

All in all, I answered to help the game along and I didnt think it was a big deal to do so. I would have done the same for anybody else. The cookies were a bonus, but were not required, per se.

Grimmy
mmm cookies.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Elmo, can you please elaborate on why you tried to float a no lynch, and why you floated it towards Iam specifically?
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Elmo »

Hi, I'll post something tomorrow. For now, I'm curious to see if anyone else figured why.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

MacavityLock wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Why are you worrying about a quicklynch when a) Timeater is at L-3 and b) a quicklynch at L-2 would almost certainly reveal two scum on Day 1?
Not necessarily. Sometimes people over-react. Sometimes people don't check vote counts. I was thinking that my Finger of Irrationality was enough.

Do you, or do you not think Timeater is scum?

(Speaking of that, when is Timeater going to actually say something? I know he seems to be V/LA, but we ARE on a deadline here...)
User out of ambit.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Tarhalindur wrote:Do you, or do you not think Timeater is scum?

(Speaking of that, when is Timeater going to actually say something? I know he seems to be V/LA, but we ARE on a deadline here...)
Yeah, I want him to respond. I think among other things, his self-vote and his "trick" on you was majorly scummy, especially since you already had your vote on him beforehand. I would not be opposed to a Timeater lynch at this point, though I still would like to hear some explanation from him.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Rishi »

MacavityLock wrote:I was asking for people's opinions on a claim, not directly asking for a claim. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If people aren't for that, and it sounds like most aren't, then I'm fine with not going there, and just asking for an explanation.
But were you supporting the idea of a claim? My impression is that you thought that claiming was a good idea, when, in fact, it wasn't.

@Grimmy: You didn't answer my question. Do you think it's possible that both Fark and Timeater are scum together?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Elmo wrote:Hi, I'll post something tomorrow. For now, I'm curious to see if anyone else figured why.
I tried to think on it, but i'm in the dark. Anybody?
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:31 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Rishi wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I was asking for people's opinions on a claim, not directly asking for a claim. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If people aren't for that, and it sounds like most aren't, then I'm fine with not going there, and just asking for an explanation.
But were you supporting the idea of a claim? My impression is that you thought that claiming was a good idea, when, in fact, it wasn't.
I thought it was an interesting strategy to deal with self-voters. Clearly, other people don't.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Elmo, you want to elaborate now?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Awesome Pants
KingEnigma (1)
- MacavityLock
Timeater (4)
- Farkshinsoup, iamausername, Tarhalindur, forbiddanlight
Farkshinsoup (2)
- Rishi, KingEnigma
forbiddanlight (1)
- Elmo
Tarhalindur (1)
- Timeater

Not voting (1) - Grimmy

Seven
votes to lynch.

The
deadline
is about seven days away.
Last edited by destructor on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

Macavity's suggestion of a policy claim for self-voters is just weird. If you think self voting is scummy enough to deserve a vote, then vote. If enough people agree with to put the self-voter in danger of actually being lynched, then they should claim. This is not the kind of thing where it makes sense to cut out the middle-man.
Elmo wrote:Hi, I'll post something tomorrow. For now, I'm curious to see if anyone else figured why.
I don't have a clue, and I'm very interested to know the answer, being the one you singled out.

Awesome Pants wrote:What would you suggest I do with [my vote]?
Put it on someone you think is more likely to be scum than anyone else?
Awesome Pants wrote:Do you care if I leave it on you rather than take it off and don't put it on anyone?
Well, in the abstract, I prefer everyone to have their vote on someone at all times on Day 1. However, when you haven't given any actual reason for your vote to be on me rather than anyone else, and no one else (besides anderson, who also hasn't given a reason for his vote) has shown any inclination towards voting me, you might as well be voting no one for all the good it's doing.

If you don't present a case, there's nothing for me to defend against, and if it's supposed to be a 'pressure' vote, then I have to say, I'm not really feeling any. So I'm not really seeing what practical purpose your vote is serving.

~Gonna go look up some Awesome Pants meta to see if he's always so... hands-off on D1~

andersonw wrote:I would say that I am still voting for you because it still seems that we are in random voting. Also, I generally don't unvote unless if I think someone else is scummy enough for them to deserve a vote (or if s/he is close to being lynched and I want more discussion).
anderson, last time I asked, this was your explanation for your vote. What parts of this reasoning, if any, would you say still apply?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

iamausername wrote:words
Right now, I don't really find anyone too suspicious. I'm kinda disillusioned with the whole day one phase that's present in mafia games, I think I've only been in one game where scum has been lynched day one and that was because someone claimed cop and got a guilty on him. As I've already said, I really do favour the later, "logic puzzle" days to the (imo :P) inane back and forth of day one. That said, I do appreciate the later use of day one but I'm finding it hard to really contribute anything at that stage.
iamausername wrote:~Gonna go look up some Awesome Pants meta to see if he's always so... hands-off on D1~
Please do, I'd be interested to see what you find. I think I tend to lurk heaps more on day one and only really start to get/feel involved in the later days which is probably a fault in my playstyle I should work on.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Rishi »

Awesome Pants wrote:
iamausername wrote:~Gonna go look up some Awesome Pants meta to see if he's always so... hands-off on D1~
Please do, I'd be interested to see what you find. I think I tend to lurk heaps more on day one and only really start to get/feel involved in the later days which is probably a fault in my playstyle I should work on.
I agree that Day 1 kind of sucks, but it's a necessary evil for getting to the later, more interesting days. People who complain about Day 1 without contributing much are the ones who make sure that it drags on, and then it sucks even worse.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 am

Post by destructor »

KingEnigma and Timeater have been prodded.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:17 am

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:
andersonw wrote:I would say that I am still voting for you because it still seems that we are in random voting. Also, I generally don't unvote unless if I think someone else is scummy enough for them to deserve a vote (or if s/he is close to being lynched and I want more discussion).
anderson, last time I asked, this was your explanation for your vote. What parts of this reasoning, if any, would you say still apply?
Well, I definitely don't think that it's in random voting stage anymore, since the game has (sort of) picked up, cases being made etc.
I don't feel you are that scummy either, but to me, no one else has been acting super-scummy yet, although that's probably because, I must admit, I haven't really gotten into the feel of this game yet. I will probably do an "active" reread during the weekend, or whenever I get my projects done.
And of course, you aren't close to being lynched, so that point still applies.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

MacavityLock wrote:

Yeah, I want him to respond. I think among other things, his self-vote and his "trick" on you was majorly scummy, especially since you already had your vote on him beforehand. I would not be opposed to a Timeater lynch at this point, though I still would like to hear some explanation from him.
Wow. Just, wow. All that effort just to dance around saying whether or not you think Timeater is scum? I need to take a MUCH closer look at you once we've dealt with more immediate problems (read: Timeater and *maybe* KingEnigma*), especially if/when Timeater turns up scum.

HoS: MacavityLock
User out of ambit.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Tarhalindur wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:

Wow. Just, wow. All that effort just to dance around saying whether or not you think Timeater is scum? I need to take a MUCH closer look at you once we've dealt with more immediate problems (read: Timeater and *maybe* KingEnigma*), especially if/when Timeater turns up scum.

HoS: MacavityLock
Really? All because I want to hear his explanation of his most recent ridiculousness before I decide? What do you need from me? If you like, I can promise a yes or no on your question after Timeater makes his response. Would that help?

I'm not sure what you're finding unreasonable about my actions here. You're jumping on top of me for being cautious about the current big bandwagon. Looks like I'm going to have to take a closer look at you too.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

I think Timeater may be crazy. But I don't think its impossible for him and Farkshinsoup to be scum together.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Grimmy »

Rishi wrote: @Grimmy: You didn't answer my question. Do you think it's possible that both Fark and Timeater are scum together?
Yes I think it is possible, but im a little concerned that we may lynch Time based upon what seems to be his normal playstyle. But on the same note, I tend to go with the "If you act scummy all the time, we cant trust you so its better off if your gone anyway" line of thinking. Ill wait to see what he says about his recent actions before voting though.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Timeater hasn't posted anywhere since last Sunday. I would like to hear from him. I'd also like to hear from Elmo about his no lynch comment to iam, the difference is that Elmo has been posting everywhere on the board, so
FoS Elmo
for lurking.

We have a deadline coming up, and I think we should all start thinking about who we'll vote for. Anyone who lurks or passively allows this day to go to no lynch will be my first target on Day 2.

Obviously, my first lynch choice is Timeater, but I could probably get behind a KE lynch at deadline.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:59 am

Post by KingEnigma »

My first lynch choice is Farkshinsoup, but I could probably get behind a Farkshinsoup lynch at deadline.

I've always found it odd that people wouldn't vote for who they think is the scummiest, just whoever has the best chance of being lynched? Come ON!
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”