Micro 1038: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 172, UNOwen wrote:
In post 153, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'm going to be contrarian and say you don't have 1 scum in here.
Why is Eden town?
It's more that in skimming their iso I don't think they're scum.
<3 xx
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Little Green Wheels »

Zefeind hasn't done anything but that one strat post really. I could lim there. I didn't realize how little he had done until I just looked at his ISO. And a blind vote on Cheap Trick. That's it. Could be scum, really. What do you think?
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:06 pm

I think Cheeky's almost right about my wagon. It could be a one on one off and the one off is afraid of hammering and getting heat for it. But I don't know how much heat they'd get.
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:08 pm

A small game like this is more difficult with a meme player in it, but I don't think scum take that slot.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 175, CheekyTeeky wrote: It's more that in skimming their iso I don't think they're scum.
Fair enough.

Can you elaborate on this please:
In post 160, CheekyTeeky wrote:I then called him town and unvoted to observe and they did the weird mafia doc tmimaybeslip thing and their posting isn't very convincing as town. From the "slip" I believe imaginality/LGW are tvs.
Are you saying that you think imaginality/LGW are opposite alignments? If so why?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by UNOwen »

LGW your question dodging continues to disappoint me. :(
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:23 pm

In post 180, UNOwen wrote:LGW your question dodging continues to disappoint me. :(
I feel so bad about that. What question(s) am I dodging?
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:23 pm

Would some chocolate milk help you feel better?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 179, UNOwen wrote:
In post 175, CheekyTeeky wrote: It's more that in skimming their iso I don't think they're scum.
Fair enough.

Can you elaborate on this please:
In post 160, CheekyTeeky wrote:I then called him town and unvoted to observe and they did the weird mafia doc tmimaybeslip thing and their posting isn't very convincing as town. From the "slip" I believe imaginality/LGW are tvs.
Are you saying that you think imaginality/LGW are opposite alignments? If so why?
Imaginality accused LGW of scum slipping so they are not SvS. I think there's one scum in these two players so that rules out TvT fmpov.
<3 xx
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:32 pm

In post 181, Little Green Wheels wrote:
In post 180, UNOwen wrote:LGW your question dodging continues to disappoint me. :(
I see, you're asking what my thinking was when I voted you. Someone covered that. It was a weird thing to ask. If you would've asked why did I vote you, that would've been one thing, but what was my thinking when I voted you is an approach I can't grok. I think I may have been thinking of butterflies or cornbread at the time.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 183, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think there's one scum in these two players so that rules out TvT fmpov.
Right but why do you think this? I get thinking LGW could be scum independently but I'm not understanding what about their interaction means one is likely to be scum.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 176, Little Green Wheels wrote:Zefeind hasn't done anything but that one strat post really. I could lim there. I didn't realize how little he had done until I just looked at his ISO. And a blind vote on Cheap Trick. That's it. Could be scum, really. What do you think?
Could be your low-flying scummo type trying to avoid notice. I'm certainly null at best on him.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 178, Little Green Wheels wrote:A small game like this is more difficult with a meme player in it, but I don't think scum take that slot.
ok things I need to address in general currently, but this has really caught me.

Am I correct in assuming that you are TR'ing Onion based solely on dedication to the meme account?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 184, Little Green Wheels wrote: I see, you're asking what my thinking was when I voted you. Someone covered that. It was a weird thing to ask. If you would've asked why did I vote you, that would've been one thing, but what was my thinking when I voted you is an approach I can't grok. I think I may have been thinking of butterflies or cornbread at the time.
Ok, then I'm asking why did you vote for me? The offer of chocolate milk is appreciated but if I could get an answer to this that would be much preferred.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 184, Little Green Wheels wrote:
In post 181, Little Green Wheels wrote:
I see, you're asking what my thinking was when I voted you. Someone covered that. It was a weird thing to ask. If you would've asked why did I vote you, that would've been one thing, but what was my thinking when I voted you is an approach I can't grok. I think I may have been thinking of butterflies or cornbread at the time.
*blinks in wtf*
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

Theres actually been a good couple of questions asked around my shenangians and I'm keep to see an answer to them, so actually amma keep schtum for now. :)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 185, UNOwen wrote:
In post 183, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think there's one scum in these two players so that rules out TvT fmpov.
Right but why do you think this? I get thinking LGW could be scum independently but I'm not understanding what about their interaction means one is likely to be scum.
It has nothing to do with them interacting and everything to do with the "slip" either LGW did slip or imaginality is pushing it as a slip because they know that role does exist as they are scum. It's moonlogic but that's how I roll ^.^
<3 xx
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 191, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 185, UNOwen wrote:
It has nothing to do with them interacting and everything to do with the "slip" either LGW did slip or imaginality is pushing it as a slip because they know that role does exist as they are scum. It's moonlogic but that's how I roll ^.^
If others see it this way I'm happy to unvote LGW and be the hammer vote (in case LGW is supersaint).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:43 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

Whoever said they feel like they can't interact meaningfully with the game. I agree with them.

I was hoping for more interaction on my strategy post. Not gonna lie, I was kinda excited for people to say "go for it." But I guess that shows I'm a bad player since it was universally agreed to be bad.

I'm having a hard time gleaning reads from this game. I don't understand the LGW thing at all. And I voted Imaginality to stir something up, but nothing really changed. So I just feel like a spectator this game.

I will say that I have a town-lean read on Flea. Being the first to come out with a snap post of hot takes seems townish to me. Even though I have no idea if I agree with their assessment or not.

I hate Onion's shtick and if I were really out of ideas at the end of the day I would lim there just to not have to deal with a self-imposed restriction.

I like Pav's activity, it feels pretty genuine so slight town-read for that. But everyone seems to respect them for being a good player so I am wary of my own surface-level read.

If someone wants to make a succinct case and ask me direct questions I'm willing to engage but I feel trapped on the periphery right now.

/pity party over.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:31 am

Post by UNOwen »

The problem with the slip is that as far as I can tell it can't possibly be an actual slip. The setup isn't that mafia get either a factional roleblock OR doc, it's that they get a factional roleblock AND doc but can only choose to use one each night. So LGW knowing mafia have a doc ability suggests nothing, because mafia will always have that ability anyway.

I believe that imaginality is sincere in his push on the slip and is town, what I'm not sure of is whether this:
In post 57, Little Green Wheels wrote: And yes, it says there could be a maf rolecop too, but I don't know the utility of one so why worry about it?
means that LGW also thinks it's an doc/rb exclusive situation. If so and assuming I'm right about the setup then that would actually be a town slip. I was hoping to prompt LGW to talk more about it to be sure but I lean towards thinking that LGW didn't challenge imaginality's interpretation of the setup because they too are town so also uninformed.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:34 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 193, ɀefiend wrote: I was hoping for more interaction on my strategy post. Not gonna lie, I was kinda excited for people to say "go for it." But I guess that shows I'm a bad player since it was universally agreed to be bad.
I didn't think it was bad, I'm just not interested in attempting to game mechanics.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:45 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 53, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 52, UNOwen wrote:
In post 51, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oh another kiwi. I'll sheep.
VOTE: LGW
Do you think the point is good?
No I just think my townread could be bad.
In post 191, CheekyTeeky wrote: It has nothing to do with them interacting and everything to do with the "slip" either LGW did slip or imaginality is pushing it as a slip because they know that role does exist as they are scum. It's moonlogic but that's how I roll ^.^
I think this is a sketchy progression. Why did you change your mind on the slip?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:48 am

Post by UNOwen »

@SirCakez
- is this correct:
In post 194, UNOwen wrote:The setup isn't that mafia get either a factional roleblock OR doc, it's that they get a factional roleblock AND doc but can only choose to use one each night.
?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:17 am

Post by imaginality »

While we're waiting for the official word, the reason I think it's either or is from the setup link:

Mafia has a factional Roleblock OR a factional Doctor protection
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:31 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 196, UNOwen wrote:I think this is a sketchy progression. Why did you change your mind on the slip?
I didn't.
<3 xx

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”