Micro 1039: The Coalition [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Looker »

HEAL: Galron, T3, MC Esther, Andante

Let's just play with all my favorite players...and Andante
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Looker »

I'm still terrified from your accuracy in Open 836
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Looker »

It's so nice to not be replacing anyone. Now I can die because of my own actions :)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Looker »

In post 17, GeorgeBailey wrote:Backup Mod ego

GeorgeBailey
41 sticks of butter
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Looker »

VOTE: ProHawk
In post 2, Datisi wrote:~ normal votes will be tracked during the coalition phase, despite it being impossible to achieve a yeet.
~ however, if a failed coalition is locked in, and there is currently a majority vote on someone, that player will be yeeted immediately.
We'll be fine. Just unvote before coalition deadline or...actually form a coalition by deadline.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Looker »

HURT: mc esther sorry, ma'am, we don't do fakes at my table HEAL: looker I'll keep your seat warm, though. I think we should do the regular voting for context, we have the time; however, I've never studied the benefits of inconsequential voting. It'll probably be more telling as we get closer to deadline.

Happy New Year and all that - I'll get more serious after the holidays :)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:13 am

Post by Looker »

Prod received.
In post 47, mc esther wrote:looker, you self-healed ostensibly to preserve your exactly four slots, why is four so significant to you? and why was self-healing not something you considered worthwhile in your first post, but then something that you preferred to healing literally anyone else (e.g., t3)?
I don't want to make the mistake of healing a full coalition, but I also don't want to forget to make a coalition. Being one off allows me to procrastinate without having to do too much work all at once. Still confident in my ProHawk, vote, though; I don't think he should sit with anyone in the cafeteria.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:33 am

Post by Looker »

In post 47, mc esther wrote:looker, you self-healed ostensibly to preserve your exactly four slots, why is four so significant to you? and why was self-healing not something you considered worthwhile in your first post, but then something that you preferred to healing literally anyone else (e.g., t3)?
Also, T3's already at my table :o
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:48 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 55, Andante wrote:looker with 4 people for their list, AND voting to yeet someone feels a tad suspicious to me, like, if we have lots of votes on people, then lock in lists, we'll basically be randomly yeeting. if esther was voting I'd hard sr that, but they're not voting, so it's ok. not too much to go off of right now though
Yes, I like this. More discussion of my RVS please. Hopefully that'll generate some actual content. I feel the more pages we get, the more we'll be able to sort.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:49 pm

Post by Looker »

I shouldn't post from my phone, it sounds sarcastic when it shouldn't...punk.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #66 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:46 am

Post by Looker »

In post 64, mc esther wrote:i was gonna wait for galron but

HURT: looker
HEAL: mbot
Spoiler:

I don't see what's so obvious about Enchant. I have personal bias influencing me to like them as a player, but I don't think that's really telling of alignment. I think it's because their posting style and grammar/word usage reminds me of a friend of mine. I'm noticing ProHawk and Umlaut aren't in any coalitions.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:52 am

Post by Looker »

I don't think we're going to get that 5. It's so easy to slip quiet scum into coalitions. Dannflor ran a Purgatory game like this a while back - it was very difficult.

edit: I wish more people would vote
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #71 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:17 am

Post by Looker »

Do you think mafia are doing nothing again...?
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Looker »

:D ProHawk is here!
  • I just wanted you to talk to me VOTE: Umlaut
  • You not being in a coalition was a mental note I wanted to take for future record. I would assume at least minimal interaction between scum partners, but that could be wrong - tracking patterns and inconsistencies is the priority.
  • I don't think we're going to get a coalition of 5 town because I usually draw associatives by who's willing to elim who - scum could be aiming for a...[pause: I just realized I may be playing this the wrong way] There's literally no long game if they don't get someone in the coalition (or stall the coalition past deadline).
I don't trust MBot and mc esther. And why are there not more RVS coalitions? Lol, this is going to devolve into a popularity contests and I'm here for it. Enchant for Prom...Monarch.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #85 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Looker »

HURT: Looker, Andante
HEAL: Enchant, ProHawk
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Looker »

Enchant & T3, can you link the coalition games where town won D1? Or just give me their names so I can search for them? This may be easier than I thought.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #108 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Looker »

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I think Galron might be scum; he doesnt seem excited enough. I've been stalking him for three games straight and now that we're finally on the same player list, he's silent. Disclaimer: I have not yet looked at other games of Galron's to see if he's an emotive poster. I also do not claim that Galron is fond of me. I am simply conceited.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #113 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Looker »

In post 64, mc esther wrote:i was gonna wait for galron but

HURT: looker
HEAL: mbot
What about MBot's posts prompted this?
In post 83, mc esther wrote:nah mbot reads like one of those d1 miselims where, someone drops a bunch of nominal scumtells but it turns out mafia doesnt quite work that way. like, strong guttown read on her.
In what way did MBot appear a miselim? You had more votes than her. And did your strong guttown read come from her three posts? (I don't think she agrees that there's enough information to have strong gut reads)
Spoiler:
In post 24, MBot wrote:Haha Looker. Nice one. Hopefully not a lot of subs this game. Getting a coalition locked in will give us a step in the right direction for POE.
In post 32, MBot wrote:I didn't realize there was such a rush to lock in a coalition without any data to make my choices. I'm always stiff it's NAI. Galron has been trigger happy from first post of the game :lol:
In post 59, MBot wrote:Been busy but not a lot of conversation to catch up on yet. Prod dodge mostly but I can take the heat. Hey Andante and Prohawk wanna coalition together? The very definition of the word - a temporary alliance of sorts, since it's obviously everyone randomly joining up based on random nothings. That's actually kind of concerning since there is zero actual conversations to have even gut reads. We still have 13 days left. Even those I know, I'm squinty eyed at until given a reason not to be. Would be kool to finally have a win, just saiyan.

I've only looked at the Micro 829 Coalition, and I find it interesting that Gamma Emerald (scum) actually voted for the all-town coalition. Peculiar strategy.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #119 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 116, mc esther wrote:this game's mechanics mean that someone who would usually be very easy to miselim might not even be in an elimination pool, to clarify further on what i mean by "looks like a d1 miselim" (in the abstract) but also "not likely to get d1 yeeted" (in this specific game)
That's the part that concerns me, not knowing how to defend against an unfamiliar angle -
the game mechanics are requiring me to scumhunt via townbloc'ing while townbloc'ing via other players' scumhunting (as opposed to being able to focus on one scummy player at a time).
I was trying to sound fancy, but pretty much I have to evaluate six actions per each player vs the 1 action you have in normal games.
In post 117, mc esther wrote:
In post 113, Looker wrote:And did your strong guttown read come from her three posts?
missed this question, although i suspect it's rhetorical; yes, i think those posts are enough to say "i flatly just dont believe scum actually post like that". im unsure why this seems odd to you, most of my reads have come from very few posts.
It wasn't rhetorical - I didn't know if you had experience with MBot the same way you have experience with Galron. And none of your other reads you described as "strong".

VOTE: Andante
HURT: T3
HEAL: Umlaut
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #142 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:25 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 129, Umlaut wrote:
In post 119, Looker wrote:VOTE: Andante
HURT: T3
Are you just sheeping me on this vote or do you see something independently?
No. Sheeping is boring.
Spoiler:
In post 62, Looker wrote:
In post 55, Andante wrote:looker with 4 people for their list, AND voting to yeet someone feels a tad suspicious to me, like, if we have lots of votes on people, then lock in lists, we'll basically be randomly yeeting. if esther was voting I'd hard sr that, but they're not voting, so it's ok. not too much to go off of right now though
Yes, I like this. More discussion of my RVS please. Hopefully that'll generate some actual content. I feel the more pages we get, the more we'll be able to sort.
I feel this was the most content-filled post of Andante's, and I addressed it (regardless of it being aimed at me). Can you guess which player on the player list I'll scrutinize next if they don't increase effort? (not sarcasm)
In post 130, T3 wrote:MBot is still scum. I have nothing else to contribute.
If MBot is scum, why are you voting mc esther. If you're voting mc esther, why have you coalition'd mc esther.
In post 141, ProHawk wrote:I'm a little enebriated to make decisions tonight, let me decide tomorrow
Prod dodge.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #213 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:50 am

Post by Looker »

sorry got wrapped up. headed home, gonna read, place a final coalition. was waiting til 9 days for half and half phases. brb
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #214 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Looker »

In post 149, mc esther wrote:there seems a mild discrepancy in "what's the rush [to heal]?" followed quite immediately by two heals
I feel Andante is trying to be openly scummy so that her partner can seem town by targeting her.
In post 185, Enchant wrote:
In post 183, ProHawk wrote:
In post 180, Enchant wrote:I already argued about that
Where was this?
In previous game. I was mafia, but believe me, my anger from this is universally. I hate when something dumb is considered townie.

Cease.
Heated vitriol is even more difficult to understand when you're multilingual.
In post 187, mc esther wrote:
In post 175, ProHawk wrote:I am concerned with the post implying that Looker may not be town because he isn't self-healing.
no, i had galron's thought too; it makes some sense, though i ended up dismissing it as theory disagreement. it looks hella scummy if you view it in terms of "what town motivation is there for a widely townread player to not self-heal when asked" (like, he knows he's town, shouldnt he want to be locked in?), compared to scum (who should imo also self-heal, but might reasonably be worried about looking too eager). but the flipside to me — which caused me to dismiss the read — is "looker and i clearly just dont agree on how self-healing 'works'", like, we established that earlier in the game.
Explanation: I know I'm town - it doesn't benefit me to self-heal myself before I'm ready to lock in a coalition (this is why, for the most part, I kept one empty seat in my coalition). It makes more sense for me (to me) to use the coalition to keep track of (and publicize) town reads until I'm ready. I also didn't want to run the risk of being wrong and having my coalition quickhammered in my absence, but that's another thing.

Coalition incoming...
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #216 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Looker »

I feel you consistently push "No content" as a preference. As expressed, I think you're the propped up dragon for your scum partner to pose as the knight and slay.

I have no reason to believe you're town. You made an interesting remark to mc esther, but that could be easily faked. I'm pretty sure I coalition'd you because I was comfortable with you as a player.

I think your attention to T3 and trying to figure out how the votes/coalitions work show a level of investment that I feel would be directed elsewhere if you were scum. I admittedly coalition'd you because I'd been stalking you.

Hi.

First post is favorite post. I'm most comfortable with being wrong on you. Immediately noting MBot's contradiction could be accomplished as town or scum, but it makes me comfortable knowing you're paying attention. I don't agree with the entirety of your coalition, but I'm comfortable enough to have you in mine.

Majority of your posts have been attacks on MBot. Also...
In post 142, Looker wrote:
In post 130, T3 wrote:MBot is still scum. I have nothing else to contribute.
If MBot is scum, why are you voting mc esther. If you're voting mc esther, why have you coalition'd mc esther.
I like the analysis in Post 102 moreso than the HEAL, which is ironic because you thought I was sheeping you on Andante so you probably feel some type of way about blind faith as well. You're another player I'm comfortable being wrong about. I'd rather be wrong about a scum that put in the effort (like Ame in Purgatory), than one who coasts with no content and wins with no effort. Hoping you're not scum, though.

You don't have that many posts, and the posts you have make me distrust you. You could be scum bummed out about the format, trying to prevent progression of a coalition by lurking, or town that's not that confident. Either way, I'm not comfortable coalitioning you.

Wild card. High activity, several interactions. I feel town are typically isolated and cautious D1 and that scum, having information, are more invested in motivating others to action because they can see the social landscape and are aware of the predominant agenda (as in players are more likely to listen to you because they have no private topics with other members to tell them otherwise - everything they see is in the main thread that you also see). This is personal game theory, though, and perhaps a paranoia, so I don't consider it damning. This is why I didn't put you in my coalition, though.

Spoiler: I'm thinking this is the squad?
ImageImageImageImageImage

HEAL: Looker
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #217 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Looker »

Shit I was supposed to break that up with spoilers. My bad, phone posters
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #219 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Looker »

Yes
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #220 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Looker »

And the alternatives were sketch. We'll see how it goes.

Also, @ProHawk & Umlaut - I feel we would make a kick-ass scumteam.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #232 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Looker »

In post 225, ProHawk wrote: Can we chat about Enchant tho?
Who do you suggest I replace them with?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #238 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Looker »

How many players don't have full coalitions
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #239 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Looker »

Andante here is way different than the town Andante I saw
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #240 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Looker »

In post 234, ProHawk wrote:
In post 232, Looker wrote:
You saw them just heal mcEster right?
Also, MBot healed mc Esther before Enchant, but...
Spoiler:
In post 235, ProHawk wrote:
In post 232, Looker wrote:
MBot, or possibly Andante.

I'm confused.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #245 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Looker »

Well I'm not here to proselytize, I'm here to clarify/justify - it's still a democracy. We need more coalitions to see where everyone's head is at. Hiding behind sheeping isn't going to help, so if you disagree with my group, propose one of your own.

Players with no coalition or progress toward a coalition are suspect because trying to force a non-coalition at deadline or a speedwagon thereafter is a scum objective.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #250 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Looker »

Do you feel that ProHawk is trying to distract now that he's in a coalition and doesn't have to push his partner into one?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #256 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Looker »

How do you view players whose contributions drop off after they've been coalitioned? Is it alignment-indicative?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #278 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Looker »

HURT: Galron, ProHawk
HEAL: T3, mc esther
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #280 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Looker »

Why doesn't Galron have a coalition
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #290 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Looker »

Same: Galron vs T3. Leaning T3 due to activity and formed coalition.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #293 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Looker »

Me. Explain.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #295 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Looker »

Are you saying Enchant had a chance to be coalitioned by 5 people and purposely averted?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #296 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Looker »

In post 175, ProHawk wrote:Galron - Middle of the Pack - I am concerned with the post implying that Looker may not be town because he isn't self-healing.
T3 - Hidden 1st Self-Heal
Enchant - 1st Self-Heal, Likely Maf
mc ester - 1st Self-Heal, Likely Maf

HEAL: Andante
HEAL: MBot
HEAL: ProHawk

I'm good with me not being in the coalition should most people not town-read me which happens with much frequency.
So is self-healing good or bad
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #299 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Looker »

"Hissy fit" is kind of vague. Was the point Enchant was asserting "I'm not giving you town credit for saying you're willing to not be coalitioned"? And was your counterpoint anything along the lines of "Me not willing to be coalitioned is alignment-indicative/not alignment-indicative"? Sorry, I'm not the best with communication.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #306 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 303, ProHawk wrote:
In post 299, Looker wrote:"Hissy fit" is kind of vague. Was the point Enchant was asserting "I'm not giving you town credit for saying you're willing to not be coalitioned"? And was your counterpoint anything along the lines of "Me not willing to be coalitioned is alignment-indicative/not alignment-indicative"? Sorry, I'm not the best with communication.
You'll have to ask Enchant for why they reacted the way that they did. My point was that it's not against my win condition to not be in a coalition .
So you were defending yourself? Ok, cool, is this also an accusation of Enchant being scum? I'm just trying to figure out how big of a deal this was supposed to be and what the intent was, because we're still trying to agree on a coalition.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #315 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Looker »

MBot will post
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #320 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 am

Post by Looker »

Galron's extended his V/LA til two days before deadline and he still doesn't have a coalition. If mc esther and Umlaut swap him for T3, we'll have three people with the same coalition. What are the objections?

If we get T3 and Enchant onboard, we can have the 5 in the coalition voting for the coalition and ensure we have one with enough time to scumhunt before deadline. Are there any objections to this?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #352 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Looker »

I'm not throwing, you're throwing.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #361 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Looker »

How many more do we need before hammer
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #375 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Looker »

L
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #376 (isolation #46) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Looker »

O
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #377 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Looker »

L
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #379 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Looker »

Give me access to your thread :lol:
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #383 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:30 am

Post by Looker »

Next game, fingers crossed.

I kinda wifomed myself out of trusting you and umlaut as soon as I said we should be scum together. I was like "but what if they're ALREADY scum together :cry: "

@Galron: Damn, I guess I was right when I joked about you not being excited
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #387 (isolation #50) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Looker »

Yeah, I was really expecting to be eviscerated by Andante because of our last encounter, so seeing the change was kind of suspect. At least I avenged myself.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #391 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Looker »

In post 29, Andante wrote:lol we're gonna lose