forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, no hard feelings, FL? Some of the things I said about you were entirely untrue and only meant to slander your image for the rest of the town.
I forgot whatever they were. This game was horrible for me. Honestly, this is basically a prime example why too scummy actually IS a towntell for me, lol.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Skillit »

FL i...i missed you.
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Here I will admit.

I am not smarter than a fifth grader!

ok jk, but MY SCUMHUNTING SKILLS FAILED ME. I was wrong. Who would have known Sthar/Electra/Skillit were scum? Now I add new skills to my repertoire such as noticing that scum protect townies usually. Apology to SC and FL if they found me as a dumbass bastard that was being cruel for no reason.
Is back.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Yeah, i figured all that stuff out during the course of the game I guess FL :D. Anyway, if you hadn't mass-claimed, I have a feeling the town could have won the game. Ah well, gl to all of you, I will close the thread in on Friday, so if you have any more comments, leave them before them. Hope to play with some of you in my other games, thanks for being part of my first modding experience!
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Forbiddan, to be fair you suspected almost the whole game :).

Sthar, you played strongly. I had a huge gut suspicion, but couldn't get others to see it at all, and you completely decimated any attempts I made. The suspicion on myself also didn't help, as you mentioned. I don't actually understand why people were suspicious of me. Alvinz was likely straight day 1 OMGUS, which was alright, but was my quest to save FL really something scum would put in the effort to do?

Mass claiming only really hurt us if people were willing to wagon/lynch Sthar anyway, which didn't seem to be the case. I made a mistake in making Veerus claim first, which did hurt us, unfortunately.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Dean, I think you did a fairly good job with modding. A couple of suggestions I have are: I wouldn't express that it's Lylo (as others have mentioned). I would also try to remain consistent with rulings through the entire game. For example, stuff like town self votes, or whether or not deadline results in a lynch or no lynch, etc. If you've decided one way, make sure to keep it that way. Other than that, I think you did good. You were quick with vote counts and prods and answering questions, which is ultimately a hugely important aspect of modding.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

ok jk, but MY SCUMHUNTING SKILLS FAILED ME. I was wrong. Who would have known Sthar/Electra/Skillit were scum? Now I add new skills to my repertoire such as noticing that scum protect townies usually. Apology to SC and FL if they found me as a dumbass bastard that was being cruel for no reason.
Nah, I just thought you were scum attempting to do your job and trying to fit the too scummy tell.

I'll state now that I'm one of the few that actually applies to, and I can never bring it off as town or scum to prevent my lynch, lol.
Forbiddan, to be fair you suspected almost the whole game Smile.
Yeah, but notice who I actually attempted to CASE.
FL i...i missed you.
Why? Needed another easy lynch :P? Also, are you seriously that long winded as town as well? Because that inconciseness is not going to be your friend.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I like your self-vote rule, but you should probably put that in your initial ruleset. Also, the LYLO thing gave the town (and scum) too much info.

I'm really glad I was able to predict what you would do in the case that someone was RB'd, because I realized while formulating my claim that I could only plausibly claim one investigation, and investigating the person who died would have been scummier. I was also worried for a while that I might get caught out by flavor, since I never saw my original PM, but you handled that well also.

I really liked the setup. It was clever and surprising.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Goatrevolt wrote:Dean, I think you did a fairly good job with modding. A couple of suggestions I have are: I wouldn't express that it's Lylo (as others have mentioned). I would also try to remain consistent with rulings through the entire game. For example, stuff like town self votes, or whether or not deadline results in a lynch or no lynch, etc. If you've decided one way, make sure to keep it that way. Other than that, I think you did good. You were quick with vote counts and prods and answering questions, which is ultimately a hugely important aspect of modding.
sthar8 wrote:I like your self-vote rule, but you should probably put that in your initial ruleset. Also, the LYLO thing gave the town (and scum) too much info.

I'm really glad I was able to predict what you would do in the case that someone was RB'd, because I realized while formulating my claim that I could only plausibly claim one investigation, and investigating the person who died would have been scummier. I was also worried for a while that I might get caught out by flavor, since I never saw my original PM, but you handled that well also.

I really liked the setup. It was clever and surprising.

Thanks much for the comments and compliments. I had hoped the setup would suprise people, as I have never seen a Traitor in any game so far. I was anticipating the reveal of that role the entire game to be honest :D.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by veerus »

All the scum played well. skillit had some crazy lucky roleblocks, but then again, sthar8 had an uncanny read on just about everyone in the game so maybe it wasn't all that lucky. I guess there was no scum thread so we can't see what they were talking about.

Dean, you said there were a couple times where town could've turned it to their advantage. Can you elaborate? It's probably easier for you than for me to re-read the entire thread with hindsight 20/20. Thanks.

FL, why is it bad to claim with an even # of people?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

At Lylo, you should have seen that the roleclaim was not necessary, as the scum would lie and claim town anyway, along with you outing your power role (even though they new it was you). Maybe this wasn't a game breaking decision, but it sure helped the scum by sthar8 claiming cop. Also, the town should have been more active. If you had, the game wouldn't have had a deadline on the last day. There were many mistake made by the town that shouldn't have been made, put it that way, and they could have been avoided if all of you had thought it out clearly.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I wonder what would have happened if both kills went through Night 1. That was a weird night.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

forbiddanlight wrote: Honestly, this is basically a prime example why too scummy actually IS a towntell for me, lol.
No it isn't.

If you act too scummy, I will still vote for you. I encourage everyone to do the same.

What was with quick-hammer? You could have claimed it and then just waited for a while when he was at L-1. Why didn't you do that?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

What was with quick-hammer? You could have claimed it and then just waited for a while when he was at L-1. Why didn't you do that?
I only addressed this 9 million times in thread. I wasn't lying, yanno

No it isn't.
If you act too scummy, I will still vote for you. I encourage everyone to do the same.
Oh, I agree. I don't WANT to use that as a towntell. I'm just stating that it seems to be the case for me. I'm not trying to play it. Though meta should be a shield to an extent if I can also prove myself a useful townie while seeming scummy :S. I dunno, it's a weird balance.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL, why is it bad to claim with an even # of people?
It's bad to lynch, actually. But as a result, there was no point in claiming. So both apply.

Except now I realize I got it backwards after reading the article. My complaint is withdrawn. For some reason, I thought odd numbers were better for town @.@

Although, I would think you all would get more information from the one more nightkill you had left :S.
-StrangerCoug

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by veerus »

Meh.. the town on the whole played poorly and the unusual setup plus the spot-on RB's by skillit only made the town look even more incompetent.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Dean Harper wrote:
Thanks much for the comments and compliments. I had hoped the setup would suprise people, as I have never seen a Traitor in any game so far. I was anticipating the reveal of that role the entire game to be honest :D.
I really like the traitor role a lot. My first game on this site had a traitor, and I really thought it brought a really neat aspect to the game. We were aware of the traitor, but not who it was. It was fun both trying to get mislynches and also avoid night killing our traitor by narrowing down who it could or couldn't be.

I think the setup was balanced. Our speculation on the setup (that there was a cop based on the assumption of 2 goons 1 roleblocker) screwed us the last day. I guess that is yet another lesson not to game the mod.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Anyone arguing that we shouldn't have claimed based on numbers is missing the big picture I feel.

The fact is, we had no information roles left over. Choosing not to lynch would have simply meant nothing more than we lose a town player and have less townies to try and lynch scum with. We would have gained absolutely no knowledge unless veerus was not roleblocked, not chosen for a night kill, and managed to correctly make a doc save. That's the only scenario in which a no lynch would have been to our benefit.

Also, I don't think mass claiming was a problem. It would have worked out better in retrospect if I had simply continued to pressure Sthar and hoped people hopped on that wagon, because I highly doubt he would have claimed cop if he were claiming by himself. The reason I wanted a mass claim is that I wanted any information out on the table for deciding a lynch (I wrongly assumed we would have a confirmed player from the doctor save, not considering the possibility it was megatheory). I simply don't think mass claiming or not made a difference.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Closing thread tomorrow, any more comments need to be in before then.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Last post.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”