The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:46 am

Post by The Bombay »

And also, if you believe he could not choose his targets, how does that affect your thoughts on LLD not being killed?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:09 am

Post by The Bombay »

Having slept on it, I am still not convinced that Ivan is town. However, I am convinced that it is possible for the claimed roles to coexist, therefore he is no longer lock scum.

For the love of God, I need an explanation from T3 about the chess game. Or else he can just die. Thanks.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1151, The Bombay wrote:Having slept on it, I am still not convinced that Ivan is town. However, I am convinced that it is possible for the claimed roles to coexist, therefore he is no longer lock scum.
Looking back at this, I don't know that it conveys my thoughts on it. It looks more like I am pretty sure he is still scum then I intended. I am at "give him some breathing room to reevaluate later."
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:32 am

Post by That Idiot Ivan »

Hey Bombay, if you're around, questions: did you agree with my explanation on why town is likely getting a certain level of power? And if so, do me a favor and in your hydra PT or wherever, summarize all the claims on the table. (I've done this elsewhere; I have something of an advantage in having info from my neighborhood as well) See what the picture looks like, including the dead folks.

With Dwlee dead and more info on board, I'm also coming around to the POV that if anyone has chess game info it should be claimed today; then anything after today is a scum claim on that topic. Mostly because I'd like it resolved, and I do agree that it's the part of T3's posting I like least.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:13 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1108, That Idiot Ivan wrote:
In post 1106, The Bombay wrote:A knee ways,
I had a feeling That Idiot Ivan could be town because :waves hands: roleblocker helps scum combat all the investigatives, but I'm also not surprised that its a one shot.
Of course you did.
Looked back some, and saw that I missed this exchange.

This was suddenly Marci posting after a string of Luke posts. Marci was less convinced of my take on Ivan. She mentioned the role blocker, I mentioned that both Dwlee's flip and Ivan's claim included being immune to roleblocks.

Pretty sure every post that said that your claim had to be scum came from me.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:30 am

That's fine, I was irritated last night. Unless you think there's anything to be gained in whinging about prior assumptions made, I'd rather work on solving here today and fight over the quality of play from various players when the game's over.

To be perfectly clear, it's your lack of result and only that that tells you were blocked? This is important.

And let me know if anything comes of you looking at the claims compilation.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:37 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1155, That Idiot Ivan wrote:To be perfectly clear, it's your lack of result and only that that tells you were blocked? This is important.

And let me know if anything comes of you looking at the claims compilation.
Yes.

We were told that we had gotten no result before the mods posted Skitter's flip, so I clarified that it meant our ability had failed versus no one having visited Skitter.

The mods confirmed that my ability failed.

Once I saw Skitter's flip, I stopped considering that it was something to do with her (like being immune to investigatives or something), and took it to be a role block.

Of course that could also be something like a jailkeeper.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1155, That Idiot Ivan wrote:And let me know if anything comes of you looking at the claims compilation.
Not sure what you want me to see here.

There are not all of the claims on the table either, which makes it harder to piece together what you are trying to get me to see.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:45 am

Post by The Bombay »

Spoiler:
In post 1155, That Idiot Ivan wrote:That's fine, I was irritated last night. Unless you think there's anything to be gained in whinging about prior assumptions made, I'd rather work on solving here today and fight over the quality of play from various players when the game's over.
I wasn't trying to star a conversation there, just clearing it up. Did not want you or anyone else to think I suddenly walked back my earlier stance, because suddenly saying I thought you might could be town would be a pretty... I don't know the right word.

Gross feels too strong. Immature feels like it is not give the right direction I meant.

But believing something, people explaining why I might have been wrong, and then going "oh, actually I thought I might have been wrong before anyways" is not something that I would want people to think I did.

Please don't respond to this. Thanks.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:50 am

That's fine re: claim/setup stuff, as I'm not even sure if my assessment is accurate with more info than you likely have.

Has anything changed about your Suripoko read?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:25 am

Post by The Bombay »

Not really. I have not had a strong read on them either direction.

I would not be shocked if they are scum, but I am properly scum reading both Cakez and T3, so with both of them planted on Suri, it makes me less inclined to think they are scum.

For Suri to be scum, it feels like literally all of my reads have to be wrong. x.x
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 am

Post by The Bombay »

I guess, that is unless this is Beloved Princess 2: Electric Boogaloo.

But after seeing Cabd's reaction to the original, I don't think he would be out here producing it's sequel.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:32 am

Post by The Bombay »

And yes, I know bussing is a thing. But, they have just been planted on them during a plurality day. And moving to me was a pretty easy option for a bit there when LLD was pushing me, but instead BOTH of them gave us a town read while camping on Suri.

I would rather kill one of them, and start reevaluating Suri if I am wrong.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:57 am

In post 1160, The Bombay wrote:For Suri to be scum, it feels like literally all of my reads have to be wrong. x.x
Welcome to Mafia.

Who are your top four town reads? Since I've been asking a lot of the questions this morning, I'll toss my reads out first.

Shiro, Lady Lambdadelta,The Bombay

StrangeMatter
SirCakez, T3

Rogue

Suripoko, mastina

I'm also really curious why you think notscience/Rogue here is worthy of a pass (sorry Mala, from what I can gather he has more content). Last game I played with him he was scum and I spent a decent volume of words screaming it into the void to no avail. I'm not getting those vibes here, but this sure ain't Cobra Kai. This question especially in light of you scum reading the entirety of the Suripoko wagon to some extent...but not really him? I might have missed something, but hence asking.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I want Mastina today, I think.

Vote: Mastina
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:54 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1163, That Idiot Ivan wrote:I'm also really curious why you think notscience/Rogue here is worthy of a pass
Personally, I don't know how to read notscience so I've just been vibing and praying that I don't need to be the one who has a read there.

~Marcistar
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:02 am

Marcistar, even if you 'can't' read notscience, your impressions of his play in this game in isolation are still relevant. And this isn't me trying to lead you to any conclusions. I'm really trying to figure out where they fit.

I went back and read the Rogue ISO just now. Phoneposting, so not getting into detail now, but there isn't much content. A lot of it does tie back to Bombay in some way, which I think makes the marcistar-Bombay perspective relevant. They're saying some of the right things, but there's a lack of investment to me. notscience has claimed a plan to sit back more this game as of Day One, but that that doesn't seem to be changing after flips and reveals makes me side-eye.

Mala, I know you've been ill and busy in turns, but I would like to get a chance to chat specifically. Maybe we can make some headway.

VOTE: mastina

I'm good with this.
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Rogue »

Yeah, I’ve admittedly slacked a bit and probably am getting more slack than I deserve.

I also feel like marci not being able to read me is weird given this is our fourth game together. Admittedly I’m not as aggressive as I am typically here, so that might be part of it? But dunno.

I’ve inherited the mods soft spot for town siding survivors, so no hankering for jjh atm.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:57 pm

Where are you on StrangeMatter and T3 right now? I have a sense of your Cakez stance, although I'm happy to chat about it if you think there's relevant analysis to be had. But T3 and SM were both pretty quick fly-bys in your last overall analysis.
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Rogue »

Unless I missed it I’d like SMS thoughts on us with more context. I understand their POV about the wagon WRT our vote, however I’m curious how it changed with more time. I have subconsciously attributed part of their push to us being less present than I was in Towelie, but I think that’s probably shortsighted.

As more claims are on the board and no one claiming involvement in the chess game, my T3 read is dropping. Originally I took his antics around it as misguided town but it just feels weird particularly with nothing on the board as against Dwlee?

Hopefully thsi is coherent, family movie night tonight so I’m multitasking
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:36 pm

What do you think of StrangeMatter outside of interactions with you? Having asked that question, I guess I owe the same look, as my read on SM is self-centered. Also multi-tasking with family stuff, understood.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1106, The Bombay wrote:
In post 885, T3 wrote:that's really gutsy for bombay or ivan to fakeclaim though.
A knee ways,
I had a feeling That Idiot Ivan
could be
town because :waves hands: roleblocker helps scum combat all the investigatives, but I'm also not surprised that its a one shot.

This T3 posts reads a bit like too much info (in That Idiot Ivan = town world), but also reads like he wants to appear like he's trying to stop the fight, but isn't really (because he isn't directing the conversation elsewhere.)
please don’t tunnel on me
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Phone posting some reads. I don’t like making super big walls personally.

Honestly I don’t like Rogue’s posting that just seemed dodged around what I was asking about (though it wasn’t notscience, and I want them to answer specifically). My main question was just, what compels one of your heads (if you’re town) to feel the need to bring attention to hammer Suripoko when attention was already had been there from two slots before them and people already know it was very bad and well deserving of a hammer.

I’ve been looking through T3’s ISO, and I’m seeing a lot of nothing that would stand out to me that would be town. It’s mostly stuff I get town can make but also something scum could easily make to get by on a low bar (which I don’t want happening again where I stupidly townread the wrong person off bad reasons). I wouldn’t be against a compromise there but I don’t have a strong read on him currently.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 pm

StrangeMatter, what's your take on mastina?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I don’t have a good read on them currently. I need to look into them for sure before having something definite there.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”