Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Spoiler: god fuck this game
Okay I did a bit of skimming over the past few pages - I remember why now I haven't been posting that much in this game. Maybe I'm just too detached from it at this point since I was doing other things on the weekend during that time, but if you actually look at the past few pages as a whole it's just a whole bunch of fucking nothing - arguing over G6 from person X's perspective, or "this person wants to go G3 because Y" - just dumb, super speculative things that you can talk about and fake all day

I could just have zero reading comprehension skills but honestly at this point I'm so done with the "We should go G6" or "We should go G3!" circlejerking that seems to dominate today's discussion - there are so many arguments for each scenario and it's kind of unclear which one's better objectively. I'm back to just wanting to flip whoever the fuck is scummy irregardless of group especially now that it's clear to me that people don't really want to flip esther anymore, and I really think that's the approach we should've taken from the fucking start of D1 and D2 instead of just inviting scum to posture around it forever - maybe I was partly complicit in that discussion with my vote to go G3 but I digress. But my point is partaking in this ridiculous discussion doesn't make you town.

The bottom line is what I see fmpov is scum taking advantage of the fact that I wasn't posting nearly as much as D1 so they felt emboldened to use this for esther to try and spew and pocket people with white noise participation. I'm just reading these posts and a lot of me is just going "what the fuck has esther actually contributed to the gamestate"? Like she's just here sort of loosely in the conversation and giving loose statements here and there totally relaxed. I don't know how you could POSSIBLY be relaxed as town in this case - yes I was the favorite for town going into today and the start of today but even then I was FUCKING NERVOUS about this and ready to go. Esther's demeanor here has NONE of that - it's just her being flat and present because she's already outlasted expectations by getting Todoroki killing early on D1 (which, I know there was a decent amount of discussion around this - NS gets townier as it goes on so I believe it was in scum's best interest to get on this wagon. Could the wagon have been all town? Objectively, like almost no fucking way given how much it benefits scum. Yes fmpov that scum is esther. Yes I was parked on esther during that time - and no I didn't do it because I was trying to chain her elim today, which is a really dumb argument because no scum actually cares about doing that.) so she's literally just freerolling this elim and lucked out that, OH NO, innocentvillager WASN'T HERE for like TWO RL DAYS.

Also the way that esther keeps tiptoeing around/talking to me and asking me questions is really rubbing me off the wrong way - like what is the fucking point? What is she trying to accomplish? To me the explanation is pretty clear - posturing. She's engaging everyone and pretending like this is just some normal day posting as if nothing special's going on, "oh yeah I'm scumhunting here, I'm participating in this discussion, asking everyone questions, etc." She's obviously not trying to discern my alignment so to me she's just going through the motions.

I'll add as an addendum that this 1v1 is fucking with my mind in a weird way, and I think it's not happening to esther because she's scum and/or maybe I'm just a very particular kind of person. I can't remember the last time I've been in this situation as either alignment - specifically, I mean that it's severely coloring my view of the game and how I interpret esther's posts. I'm seeing all the crap in her posting when it's like "oh, it's so fucking obvious she's scum" but in reality/objectively it's probably NAI to maybe slightly scum!indicative at best - even town!indicative stuff at worst. So yes some of this is probably forced/stretchy but that's just the way the fucking cookie crumbles I guess. It's just really tilting to see her be present and keep saying "lmao I'm going to get misflipped/I just get snap voted in melo" when it's very clear she's been continually swaying people to her side just by being present with people at a given time. IT'S FAKE ATE AND SELF DEPRECATION TO SEEM RELAXED GUYS I don't know how else to put this. I don't know why I'm not online with any of you at the same time but I guarantee if I was around with the same presence and times as her it'd be extra easy for me to "be involved" - this is me trying extra hard to try to compensate for that.

But my point about her headspace just being totally wack this game still stands. I'm not sure how many of you have been in an intense 1v1 situation but what esther's doing is NOT it, and I can tell you right now I can't even fathom playing the way she has been - the easy explanation here is that she is scum and in the wrong headspace here.

The other question here I have for people: who is my scumpartner?

It's not Puppies or Faker a) because they are obvtown b) there's no reason I'd be trying this hard here if either of them were scum especially when I HATE being scum. I can point to self meta examples where I just give up at this stage in the game (okay take 2175 Normal as an example) because I think my partner is going to win but wifom etc etc. If in some world you think I'm scum here, I could like maybe see myself going this hard if my partner is actually in danger of getting eliminated.

It's not Dwlee because as I've already mentioned our approach would be way different.

It's not STD because I don't shade him for the Todo hammer like I did. I'd be pretty sussed about hammering in general and doubt I would let STD do that. We'd also try to be way more distanced with each other rather than just me loosely calling him leantown for some dumb reason on D1.

It's not Dunnstral because he's been calling me scum with 0 explanation for the entire game.

I don't see how I'm ever scum with any of these players so if someone would like to posit one of these solves involving me then PLEASE enlighten me.

I wish I had a solve for us but I honestly just don't know. I'm still fairly confident it's in {dwlee, dunnstral, STD} but that's nothing new or surprising. If Prism/Fire aren't the next two nightkills then something really weird is up and I would reconsider them again. I'm GOING TO LOOK more into this on future days I promise but right now my priority is defense against the bullshit that I'm seeing - it's getting late and I'm cutting into my bedtime by the time I'll be done with this post.

Honestly, if there are particular reasons that people do townread esther's posts, can you just quote them my way and I'll explain why scum!esther makes that post? I'm simply not seeing what is towny about her posts

Okay I originally was typing this to respond to random quotes that I saw but now that I've typed all this, this almost feels like somewhat of an afterthought but I think it's going to emphasize my earlier points better.
In post 946, Brighter Puppy wrote:Although maybe it is not as likely Esther/Dwlee.
Since Esther seems to be really naive about the possibility of bussing here.
Still leaves the option of IV/Dwlee though.

- Norwee
I've mentioned why IV/Dwlee is a bad solve.
But gee, I wonder what scum!esther would do if Dwlee and esther were bussing - she'd totally say that bussing is NAI for them! That totally doesn't defeat the point of it in the first place!

Idk if my sarcasm is getting the point across but what I'm saying is that if they actually were bussing it's very conceivable to me that she would try to push some towncred/antiassociative angle there.
In post 947, mc esther wrote:how the fuck does maf!dwlee win if their buddy dies today?
like I'm being nitpicky but this tone is really weird - it's really not that hard to envision a scenario where anyone here endgames.
In post 903, mc esther wrote:idk maybe it's just being ignored because, "
why answer questions from maf
", but i'll post it once more
In post 848, mc esther wrote:inno, pretending youre town for a sec, when did you start actually believing that the team is me/dunn (as opposed to, merely pushing it for reactions)?
Okay first of all, you literally scumslipped with the bolded - you just called yourself maf. And it's not like you confused it with the other direction because at no point did I ask you a question even remotely like this, so the maf refers to you in your sentence, not me.

Yes ik it's a wording nitpick and last like 3 times I tried to explain to people that these came from scum no one listened to me - maybe fine, because at least one of those times I was wrong. So whatever I won't complain if people don't buy this.

Second see my above argument for why esther's attitude doesn't make sense here.

But I don't know why you think I was ever set on a you/Dunn solve - I might've mentioned it a bit ago on like page 8 but that was largely joking. To put it in context, that was really early in the game when I gave out shotgun reads and had you two in my lowest tiers, and it makes like zero sense to me why you're still bringing that up
In post 948, Dwlee99 wrote:Probably by convincing people to go dunn->std
In post 950, Prism wrote:The last few pages have sold me on Esther being town. I will want to meta but the last two pages are very, very sharp if she is scum.

I strongly prefer going in 3.

I know I have things to answer later, will get to them.
In post 975, Dwlee99 wrote:Explanation: mc esther scum should probably hammer me there but didn't

I think dunnstral is scum
I'm kind of back and forth on this but reviewing how high esther's wim has been the page 10-15 pages I'm back to thinking this isn't really true. I was kind of gone for a bit/not posting nearly as much on D2 and esther was clearly fighting on D2 - it wasn't at all clear that she was going to get misyeeted at that point in time. Maybe at the start of the day, but not at that point in time. If she's scum with like Dunnstral or STD I think it's really risky for her to hammer you because it could easily just go esther -> Dunnstral/STD for a town win.
In post 989, Dwlee99 wrote:I think maybe IV should be flipped
This turnaround is bad because a) completely unexplained b) very convenient timing right when popular opinion was for some magical reason shifting away from esther and onto me. I think dwlee/esther is a real possibility but again I could see the other pairings too atm.
In post 1013, mc esther wrote:i think iv expected to coast by today lmao
I wouldn't say coast but yeah I wasn't expecting such a big fight from you. Regardless you gave me a challenging 1v1 experience that I'll never forget, so thanks for that at least <3
In post 959, Brighter Puppy wrote:
In post 958, Prism wrote:Brighter can you explain the esther scumread?

Hammering last page isn't guaranteed but is fine play from her point of view depending on partner
I think my previous pages summarizes our scumread of Esther pretty well.
I agree on you that they have levelled up their play considerable in day 2 though. And especially recently.
So i'm not as sold on them being scum anymore, especially since IV has been pretty lacking by comparison.

- Norwee
Again this is kind of a ridiculous attitude to take in terms of reading but I'm not really faulting you in particular for it because I think many people (myself included) have used similar arguments. But it seems like this site is turning into a "whoever's been here more recently gets more townread" meta. Somehow everything that happened before gets like exponentially deweighted and forgotten while the recent posting is the only thing people seem to remember about creating reads. I think it's really easy for mafia to get by - if I were scum here for example I would've been intentionally posting a lot more frequently to remind people that I'm here and contributing shit. So let's stop siding with whoever happens to be "present and posting" in a given moment and actually try to figure who's been scum/town this game
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

i did not proofread that i just clicked submit because ive spent too much time on this incoherent rant

legitimately don't think this is in my scumrange but whatever

If nothing else I know huge walls don't really frequently get townread in practice, but now you can't RUN. If you're voting me here today, no more of this "IV probscum cuz esther seems townish","IV WASN'T HERE LATELY OH NO","IV HAD ONE UNDERWHELMING 2 SENTENCE CHECKIN" crap

Stick a reason for why I am scum and commit to it

Or you know what, tell me why esther is actually fucking town and not just dropping white noise to appear present, take my wall apart and let's talk about it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Holy fucking shit lmao, I thought me getting so tilted by Dunnstral that I turned around and drove home was bad
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Prism »

I promise I will read that tomorrow but the issue wasn't just the two-line check-in, esther's play the last ~6 pages reminds me a bit of my own but it's very sharp and not a fair comparison at all.

I get that you might be busy but the stuff I thought was town (more eager to give reads early) is not inconceivably faked and from what I could see you have typically been eager to push things, even when you think they're crazy, while you've been more passive here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Prism »

Very sharp as in I think they aren't making any mistakes as scum, ie. are likely town. I can go over it for you tomorrow.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Prism »

Skimming through it looks like you understand that there are a few different points here and want something either singular (?) or at least more comprehensive.

I again promise that I am willing to play this very slow and am not just trying to speedlim you. I will respond to this in full tomorrow and am sorry if this is upsetting to deal with.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 1050, innocentvillager wrote:I wouldn't say coast but yeah I wasn't expecting such a big fight from you. Regardless you gave me a challenging 1v1 experience that I'll never forget, so thanks for that at least <3
fr i wanna be same-alignment with you some time, youre fun.

i question you because i figure the only way you get scumread is if you fumble some questions. perhaps i shouldve stated these points more assertively as cases so that you'd feel more pressured in responding to them; but, i dont think that would work, i think even the people townreading me tend to view my cases as, bad (which, idk, probably means they are!) and you could comfortably ignore them for that reason. you kinda did this when i raised the inconsistent attitude in your d1 play, and the inconsistency within that inconsistency; you just, say there's no real case, because you figure i havent brought enough new to the point to make people reconsider it. even now, im talking to you because i want to make you engage on my terms, i think that's how you slip up. and i think youre correct to largely deny me this, youre the one with something to lose if we engage in dialogue, even at this point in the game, dwlee isnt that sure. and there's always the chance that puppy or std (regardless of alignment) comes in to save you even if dwlee is on-path to flipping more definitively (puppy especially just, doesnt believe that my approach here is a town approach).

and fuck, i wont lie. yes i want to be townread lmao, ofc i do things to look town here.
~
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

Esther are you one of those newbie mafia prodigy’s that sometimes makes life hell for experienced town players. Lmao.

- Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Prism »

jsyk you're at E-2 not E-1 if that helps
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

Just thinking about this game makes me smirk right now.
God whoever in Esther/IV is scum, is such an cheeky scumfuck.

- Norwee
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

@Prism
We’ve had an brief civil war in our hydra chat.
And right now Fire is winning the battle of minds.
Especially givent recent info here.

We’re thinking Esther is scum.
Where are you on the issue?

- Norwee
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

whats funny is i didn't even know we had a civil war

also im still against limming in the group of 3.
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

Fire, i’m trying to make our story look more epic.
Like the Viking Sagas.

Stop ruining it.

- Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

IV the reason I'm not answering you is because I've already explained my reads and I made it clear that the 6p hood was the focus today, and you keep trying to get me to talk about the 3p hood. I would have liked to have eliminated Dwlee today but we have to play around Prism already so when both of you/mc esther refuse to hammer dwlee (and one of you is mafia, by the way) we have to play around prism which means eliminating in the 3p hood in order to get a town consensus.

If you are town then you are the bully and not vice versa. You deadlocked something that from your point of view confirmed scum wasn't hammering, and convincing Prism that they're wrong is impossible.
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 1027, innocentvillager wrote:prism is obvtown and anyone who thinks he’s scum at this point is just bad
im gonna start calling prism scum just so u call me bad ;)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm putting this off until tomorrow but if you want to lay out esther scum I'll review it tomorrow

Before the public release of the
Principia Scumhuntica
I strongly thought esther was town and while it is not inconceivable she is scum still lean that way
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 1057, Brighter Puppy wrote:Esther are you one of those newbie mafia prodigy’s that sometimes makes life hell for experienced town players. Lmao.
omg im really being showered with compliments all of a sudden. no, i used to play a half-decade back, but i was very bad then. i think im somewhat better now (largely because im less arrogant and do a better job of keeping tilt out of my play), though my cases havent really improved, ive just learned when to sheep players/consensus (which is, like, why ive largely dropped the prism scumread -- i still on some level "believe" it, but i also know from experience that if everyone thinks im wrong, im probably wrong, even when i cant see why). there's something of an exception for my townreads, i think theyre often quite good even when theyre anti-consensus (you can see this in the coalition, where i townread mbot early, though i later retract the read when she makes some weird votes -- i think, in context, this was a clear mistake for me to learn from).
~
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1050, innocentvillager wrote:It's not Dwlee because as I've already mentioned our approach would be way different.

It's not STD because I don't shade him for the Todo hammer like I did. I'd be pretty sussed about hammering in general and doubt I would let STD do that. We'd also try to be way more distanced with each other rather than just me loosely calling him leantown for some dumb reason on D1.
I don't believe either of these are clearing
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 1050, innocentvillager wrote:but even then I was FUCKING NERVOUS about this and ready to go.
wait really? i never read nervousness in ur posts u read like lazy
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by Prism »

I fucking hate playing with you dude, absolutely snide and condescendingly so every fucking time.

Haven't once blamed anyone else for the Todoroki flip, you've seen me always take responsibility for being wrong game after game, and acting like I don't listen when I spend eons hunting you down and trying to get you to play every fucking game is intellectually dishonest at best and malicious at worst.

I'm happy for you that you think you're better and more openminded than me, if I call you better at the game will you shut the fuck up and leave it alone already? If you think someone is scum or my points are bad just stick to those instead of going out of your way to insult my style every fucking chance you get.
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 1065, Prism wrote:I'm putting this off until tomorrow but if you want to lay out esther scum I'll review it tomorrow

Before the public release of the
Principia Scumhuntica
I strongly thought esther was town and while it is not inconceivable she is scum still lean that way
i don't think im gonna come out with some master thesis on esther scum. I don't want to lim in the three today. me putting out a master thesis just encourages us to lim there.

STD/Dunn/Dwlee
these are the consensus 1 scum in this group.

wait do we win if lim all 3 of those if we get it right of IV/Esther?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Prism »

Even on a day when I make it clear I really want a break you can't resist taking a fucking snipe at me, jesus.
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

im doin the basic math

lim correctly Ester/IV other dies
then we have 5 players
We lim Dwlee, Prism dies.
me/std/dunn

Nope not gonna work.
So yeah i still want group of 5.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm talking to IV, and I was talking about how you are convinced that eliminating in the small group is the play today
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Prism »

I am happy for you that you were right on Todoroki and I will be excited for you if Dwlee flips scum. You're literally voting IV, you're claiming it's not bad to do so, and I'm inclined to vote the same. Do you want me to mail you a fucking trophy?

P-Edit: Absolutely just to IV, yeah, not even remotely personal. Go kick rocks dude.

Return to “Completed Open Games”