Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Andante »

Like your whole "I wanted Sleepless" ummm you basically quoted my vote here on d2 and went "Why?"
In post 287, Looker wrote:
In post 224, Looker wrote:Three always dies.

In post 286, Andante wrote:2/10
However, I did get to thinking, and I think this makes the most sense VOTE: Sleepless
What makes you feel this way?

I'm thinking Umlaut or Roadkill -
@Dwlee99
, what do you think?
  • Umlaut pushed both the Cop and the miselim, so maybe he's in control as scum (leader)?
  • Roadkill pushed the Cop and Andante (lack of OMGUS is interesting), and wasn't on any wagon at EOD
Sleepless did ride Dwlee through the day, though
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:42 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 2.01

Dwlee99 (2):
Sleepless Assassin, Roadkill
Looker (1):
Dwlee99

Not Voting (4):
Andante, joqiza, Looker, Umlaut

With 7 alive, it's 4 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-01-30 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 2 is February 3 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-03 22:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

joqiza (1)
Looker (6)
Last edited by catboi on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Dwelee wrote: This is incredibly disingenuous when my activity across the entire site was zero
VOTE: Looker
Think town!you would bother to check that
Why wouldn't scum worry about being called out for being wrong?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:27 am

Post by joqiza »

Sorry for the lack of activity. Back now.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:54 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 322, Roadkill wrote:looker is right, you’ve been active since this day’s begun in other spaces, even if it wasn’t a lot yesterday.

why haven’t you been active here? i assume you saw the wagon.
Games have deadlines and one was in ELO. A lot of my posts yesterday are also in a game that finished while in ELO and I was an IC trying to figure out the solve + what to do after my death. Someone voted before I did and we lost and then I was reacting to the endgame scenario, which looker would know because he was the mislim to lose the game.
In post 327, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Dwelee wrote: This is incredibly disingenuous when my activity across the entire site was zero
They could be, but scum are also much less likely to care if their arguments are actually correct if they just want a Muslim.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:24 pm

I strongly disagree. Scum play carefully more often than not.

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Andante »

I want Looker/Sleepless today
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 324, Andante wrote:I don't think maf in you/sleepless/roadkill is a bad thought, like, you're pushing dwlee more than sleepless or roadkill. I Started the day voting sleepless, and your instant reaction was "why sleepless?" so that implies sleepless is either your partner or you tr them. And here you're all "ather than wagon with me on either of the two I've already agreed to vote, you'd just vote me" like, did you agree to vote sleepless?? you seemed to ignore anything said about sleepless.
This is actually a good point. I can think of a possible response from Looker but I'd like to know what they have to say about it first.

In my first few games with Looker I constantly thought they were scum and it turned out they were town so I'm relying on others a bit more for that because I acknowledge I'm bad at sorting them. I've never seen Looker's scum game to my knowledge.

---

Welcome back, Joqiza. Thoughts on current wagons?

---

VOTE: Sleepless Assassin

Let's try this. I took a look at his late day 1 ISO and got some pings, which combined with Andante's comments makes this an interesting idea.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Looker »

Ok, cool, so is it painfully obvious that scumteam is Dwlee/Andante?
p-edit: Guess not
In post 324, Andante wrote:
In post 319, Looker wrote: I feel like this is Dwlee trying to either a)Pocket Andante, or b)Make Andante seem like Dwlee's partner after Dwlee is eliminated
Uhhh I didn't interpret it that way at all, Dwlee and I have been in a lot of games in the past, they're a familiar face, plus I feel like I've been pretty towny before Dwlee said that, so it's not odd to go "yeah. sheeping my tr!"
This is odd confidence in someone they were just voting. Was the initial plan to distance before you found better opportunities?
In post 324, Andante wrote:Looker, I SR you, have like all of the game too, this? feels like you're just trying to push Dwlee to push Dwlee, like, "omg Dwlee talked to andante!! must be maf!!"
Gross misinterpretation of my concerns. Regardless of whatever "friendship" you guys hold with each other, the bold confidence in each other's slots is unjustified unless there's mechanical basis. There are no masons, so it's suspect.
In post 324, Andante wrote:I don't think maf in you/sleepless/roadkill is a bad thought, like, you're pushing dwlee more than sleepless or roadkill. I Started the day voting sleepless, and your instant reaction was "why sleepless?" so that implies sleepless is either your partner or you tr them. And here you're all "ather than wagon with me on either of the two I've already agreed to vote, you'd just vote me" like, did you agree to vote sleepless?? you seemed to ignore anything said about sleepless.

Tbh, I think the team is just looker/Sleepless
First sentence is a lie - I hadn't pushed anyone; I wasn't even voting. If you recall, I sussed Umlaut and Roadkill, and asked for Dwlee's opinion, which they avoided giving. Second sentence is a stretch - I asked what made you feel the way you felt, which is what happens in all mafia games and most conversations: "How did you come to that conclusion?" And third sentence is a joke - I quoted where I voted for Sleepless and there was nothing to ignore; you said you would "elaborate later" but never did. Also, you're positing that the entirety of Three's wagon was town and that the scum team corralled on the counterwagon instead?
In post 329, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 327, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
They could be, but scum are also much less likely to care if their arguments are actually correct if they just want a Muslim.
What part of my argument was incorrect
In post 332, Umlaut wrote:In my first few games with Looker I constantly thought they were scum and it turned out they were town so I'm relying on others a bit more for that because I acknowledge I'm bad at sorting them. I've never seen Looker's scum game to my knowledge.
How are you determining whether someone's town or scum? Vibes? Are you using VCA or anything?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Mostly vibes tbh, sometimes I do deeper reading but I've been lazy lately and this game doesn't have much to go on.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Looker »

So you...just don't like my personality...
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

More like I usually find your reads and perspective on the game strange and hard to understand, and I'm reminding myself that that doesn't necessarily mean they are offered in bad faith.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by catboi »

Force-replacing joqiza. Pausing the deadline at 3 days until a replacement is found.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Oh damn, there are only three days?

More people follow me onto Sleepless pls. I’ll try to make an actual case sometime tonight.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by Looker »

"Follow me." "I have no case." Does that not disturb you? And, again, Dwlee is active elsewhere on the site but not here.

I think I want to try mandatory alt mafia. Because most of these eliminations are based on cliques and "friendships" and not logic.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Looker »

Also,
In post 337, catboi wrote:
Force-replacing joqiza. Pausing the deadline at 3 days until a replacement is found.
"Say it with your chest!" :lol:
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I honestly don't have anyone in this game I would consider especially a friend, and I'm certainly not using likeability as a proxy for towniness, if that's what you're implying.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Umlaut »

So, Sleepless, I have a question.
In post 234, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Unvote, Vote Mc Esther

Too much Dwelee resistance to make it happen. We have 47 minutes.
I believe that regardless of your alignment this was an honest mistake. But that's actually convenient because it allows us to see that under time pressure you are willing to switch votes, Dwlee -> Esther.
In post 236, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Oh shit. I thought it was today. Well... I still think Dwelee isn't happening. This at least gives mc esther time to claim if anyone was thinking of hammering.
Doubling down on the above! Even with an additional day you were willing to
stay
on MC, despite thinking Dwlee was the likely scum, because a Dwlee launch just wasn't happening. As of a day away from deadline
In post 264, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Vote Dwelee

I don't think this goes through but I'm willing to try.
My question, Sleepless, is what happened between these last two posts that made you willing to try for Dwlee again and not to just jump on the biggest wagon? After all, you recognized that
In post 266, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Honestly, to do anything other than Three and maybe Looker, someone's gonna have to bend a little.
so unless you were prepared to make an effort to bend someone, why wouldn't you just vote whichever of those two you were townreading less?

I want you to explain this because it makes your vote on Dwlee seem more like a protest vote than a serious attempt to get them launched. I think these sorts of protest votes are more likely to come from scum who don't want to seem too enthusiastic about being on a wagon that flips green.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:02 pm

I think I was holding onto a little bit of hope that someone would compromise to make Dwelee happen.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Weren't you worried about a deadline crunch leaving us having to hammer someone without a claim (which in fact is what happened)?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:41 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 339, Looker wrote:"Follow me." "I have no case." Does that not disturb you? And, again, Dwlee is active elsewhere on the site but not here.

I think I want to try mandatory alt mafia. Because most of these eliminations are based on cliques and "friendships" and not logic.
I already said what's wrong with your argument and posting it again won't change anything
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I've spent ~26 hours since Friday at 4pm playing the new Pokemon game ftr
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:37 am

In post 344, Umlaut wrote:Weren't you worried about a deadline crunch leaving us having to hammer someone without a claim (which in fact is what happened)?
In post 344, Umlaut wrote:Weren't you worried about a deadline crunch leaving us having to hammer someone without a claim (which in fact is what happened)?
Isn't that kind of one of the reasons to hurry?

Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Roadkill »

i think umlaut is talking after the fact? after the clarification on deadline.

~

i don’t think scum!looker goes down the avenue of exclusivity/friendship here because i don’t think it... makes sense in the context of what is happening? (maybe i see this because of my own anonymity with the people here) but it seems... an ill-advised, hostile move as scum without a meaningful push /after/ to find an in with anyone.

it’s at this point more than a little distracting and frustrating that dwlee continues to not engage and... we’re moving away. people are suggesting other people and we’re rewarding them for twiddling their thumbs. i understand there has to be a partner out there but i fear that if we don’t hit said partner today we’ll end up doing this /again/ tomorrow. it’s disheartening.

(despite my griping for it all... i do fine at least some of the other pushes illuminating. it... i wish i could say i’m soundly on one side of things such as umlaut and andante’s push on sleepless vs sleepless but... sleepless has consistently pushed dwlee despite the departure to mc esther and i just... ugh. i know that umlaut and sleepless aren’t paired right now...?)

i hope the joqiza slot arrives soon.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Umlaut »

Yeah, what I meant is, you (Sleepless) didn't seem concerned that by waiting until the last second on Three/Roadkill we would be forced to hammer without a claim, in the way that you said you were concerned about that
vis a vis
MC Esther.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”