Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Roadkill »

...i get though if you’re mafia that it is tiresome and might feel like a waste to do labor for a game feeling lost.

what... or rather who do you think benefits most from framing you right now? who do you think needs to implicate you to keep themselves going?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Andante »

9/10 - lol I'll probably go over 10
In post 474, Roadkill wrote:could you please fight instead?
Look, I don't know how. I do think you're town right now. between joqiza, sleepless, and umlaut, I couldn't tell you who is maf in them, I am leaning more joqiza/umlaut than sleepless, all joq has really done has been focus on me all game, which idk how to read that, joq is setting up to yeet me then gonna go in sleepless/umlaut, roadkill is the nightkill tonight. Look, I thought joqiza was the towniest one here, but then he didn't die. so, that's a thing. ok, I do know stuff... joqiza/Umlaut is the maf. I mean, all joqiza did on the dwlee case was hammer. and maf would hammer for towncred tbh

UNVOTE:

Is the answer just joq? but why would his maf strat be to tunnel me then back off, then tunnel again?

I'm not a good fighter, just saying Roadkill
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 466, Andante wrote:hahaha Dwlee... I guess that succesful pocket attempt worked, cause not only did I TR you, apparently that makes me your partner lol thanks for taking me down with you!!!

@Town members it is literally not me. I know signs point to me, but I'm just a clueless townie. WHY WOULD I KILL LOOKER THERE??? Why not kill joqiza? who was way townier than looker, or so I thought... now I'm just gonna TR anyone who doesn't vote me, which makes me... in trouble lol

5/10
In post 466, Andante wrote:hahaha Dwlee... I guess that succesful pocket attempt worked, cause not only did I TR you, apparently that makes me your partner lol thanks for taking me down with you!!!

@Town members it is literally not me. I know signs point to me, but I'm just a clueless townie. WHY WOULD I KILL LOOKER THERE??? Why not kill joqiza? who was way townier than looker, or so I thought... now I'm just gonna TR anyone who doesn't vote me, which makes me... in trouble lol

5/10
Dwelees flip eliminated the possibility of your me/looker team and joqizas hammer could have looked bad. It is a good point about the looker kill though. I was surprised to see it but haven't really thought yet about who does it and why. I think I was too confident after seeing Dwelees ISO to really think about new info from the flip. I dunno. It does make some level of sense you'd do it as kind of giving up on that push. Like it didn't work Day 2 and now the associative possibility is gone so it feels too hard. Thinking back though, that's not at all the kill I'd have expected so maybe it's worth thinking over why.
Andante wrote: I mean, all joqiza did on the dwlee case was hammer. and maf would hammer for towncred tbh

UNVOTE:

Is the answer just joq? but why would his maf strat be to tunnel me then back off, then tunnel again?
But couldn't he easily get away with hammering me on being just one day away from a win?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Andante »

lol 10/10 leggoooo I will be maxing out posts this game I guess
In post 477, Sleepless Assassin wrote:But couldn't he easily get away with hammering me on being just one day away from a win?
No he couldn't have, cause he did it for town cred. that hammer, if wrong would not have ended the game, so if you're town, then Dwlee got flipped here for whatever reason, joqiza would be like confirmed maf for hammering town over his partner (I think that makes sense)

Cause joqiza is smart enough to start setting up for the next day, notice how he's had very minimal activity all game, and activity he has had has been way too much interactions with me (prob cause we know each other)
but makes statements like
In post 76, joqiza wrote:The real and sad tea is that Dwlee probably doesn't make that post if he's partnered with Andante. Which is devastating because I thought everyone else who talked besides those two has been at least a little bit towny and I was starting to get hopeful.
but then when it's most convenient goes
In post 463, joqiza wrote:I think last wolf is probably Andante, but I'm cautious for the exact same reasons you outlined. I think if come to an agreement of SA/Roadkill cleared, as a baseline, that may be a good place to start the day.
Like, how is this not setting up to yeet SA/Roadkill tomorrow??? The first quote definitely hints that he knew Dwlee was flipping maf, yet I don't see much of a push on Dwlee, letting me just run with wrong reads. so this 2nd quote is like "Hey Umlaut... I know you're town... see andante pushing you... yeah.. join my side.. trust me"

final answer. Maf is joqiza
VOTE: joqiza
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:24 am

I dunno. I just don't see how the hammer would be enough town cred to be worth his partner's life. It would be one thing if he was leading the charge or something but I don't see it being worthwhile.

I think he had enough new info between posts 76 and 463.

And I don't see how stating two town reads sets them up for the next day.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

Andante pivoting from me to Joq once it becomes clear no one else is voting me, without any explanation of why I'm suddenly town after all, makes me feel a lot less conflicted about voting there.

VOTE: Andante

E-1. I think Joq's points against SA/Roadkill scum are pretty cogent and I just don't believe Joq hammers his buddy over SA. If he did do that and also made a big show of thinking it through, purely as a performance to look town, then I doff my hat to him (while being relieved I don't have to eat it after all).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Umlaut »

Wait, not E-1. I thought someone else had voted Andante but I guess not.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Andante »

11/10

WHO THE HECK IS EVEN MAF THEN!!??!??! I’m certain it’s in Umlaut/joqiza ughhh idk

yeah it is e-1 sleepless is voting me, pretty sure there’s no unvote.

like yeah I don’t wanna be here for final 3, but I want to give this a shot. trying as best as I can!! I’m just confused on whk maf is, I bet I get hammered before I make it back to my laptop lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Andante »

12/10

for yall deadset on me being maf, why not entertain the idea I flip green. Umlaut, if I flip green, who is your next choice for maf

(idk how many posts over 10 I’m allowed lol)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 3, catboi wrote:
  • Every player is allowed a maximum of 10 posts in a 24 hour period. In the 24 hour period immediately preceding a deadline, players are allowed a maximum of 15 posts. The definition of a 24 hour period must be provided by the moderator.
  • Every player starts with a reserve of 20 additional posts. Any posts above the daily limit are subtracted from this reserve.
To answer your question: I have some thoughts about this and am continuing to form more, but in the event that you do flip green I don't think advertising which player I find towniest right now is a great idea.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Andante »

13/10

I really don't know what more I CAN do here, I understand like 10 posts a day, but I'm trying my absolute best with the content yall are giving me. it's not easy. I get you can't post more 10 times a day... so what? doesn't mean you can't post 2-3 times a day...
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 478, Andante wrote:
In post 463, joqiza wrote:I think last wolf is probably Andante, but I'm cautious for the exact same reasons you outlined. I think if come to an agreement of SA/Roadkill cleared, as a baseline, that may be a good place to start the day.
Like, how is this not setting up to yeet SA/Roadkill tomorrow??? The first quote definitely hints that he knew Dwlee was flipping maf, yet I don't see much of a push on Dwlee, letting me just run with wrong reads. so this 2nd quote is like "Hey Umlaut... I know you're town... see andante pushing you... yeah.. join my side.. trust me"
How is this... even an interpretation of the post I made? I don't understand how you read and then think I'm setting up to lim Roadkill/Sleepless when I explicitly said I'm never chopping them.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Andante »

1/10 (maybe?)

uhhh well joqiza, my brain is currently in panic mode, and considering I'm sitting at e-1.. it's very hard for me to just sit down, focus, and use logic. So I'm doing the next best thing. gut reads! Read a post, and react! I'm in panic mode, I have like 6 of yall going "IT HAS TO BE YOU" when I know full well, it's not me. Sure if I haven't tried all game, I'd just shut up, eat the hammer. but I know I've tried. I may have been wrong, but I've been giving this game my best effort, like if it's not hammered in 3-4 days I can sit down and reread this, but I'm sitting at e-1... I've never know someone chilling at e-1 to live longer than a day, so half me is like, very unsure of my next move here, cause SOME PEOPLE don't even wanna hear what I have to say... ready to just yeet me, like, unvote me, give me a chance here to look for maf, let me come up with a new case, then yeet me, sure, but look, 5 way now, whoever can be yeeted, doesn't matter. yeet me, it's a fun 3 way tomorrow when scum MUST get yeeted... I'm town. not sure much of what else I can say, I really can't sit down and focus on this game for like the next 3 days, sooo it is what it is, I feel like I have given this a solid effort thus far, and I'm not mad at how I've done. Honestly just more mad at this "ANDANTE IS UNSURE!!! YEET HER NOW!!!" like, what is the rush???

"Oh it's 24 hours into the day and I'm throwing you on e-1 by the way" ahhh thanks... I hate pressure, so I wonder why I'm just like flailing here. Couldn't be confused town. Must be caught scum!!! gg yall are so good at this
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by joqiza »

I actually agree that me hammering Dwlee isn't clearing, or, I don't think I'd clear another player just for that. My towncase on myself would be based on more customary analysis/tone stuff. (I am... not a particularly good wolf.)

The vote on me itself, I don't really grudge Andante for. I think if she's town she's staring down a tough game. I do think the specific accusations she made are nonsensical.
In post 478, Andante wrote: Cause joqiza is smart enough to start setting up for the next day, notice how he's had very minimal activity all game, and activity he has had has been way too much interactions with me (prob cause we know each other)
but makes statements like
This simply isn't true. My activity has maybe dipped a little but I still have the most posts in the game, and my posts aren't one-liners either. I also believe I've had interactions with every slot in the game, not just hers. Like, what she's saying is just wrong.

I've already addressed the second part of .

P-edit: I'm not 100% locked into you being wolf so just relax, get out of panic mode and start working with people to find last wolf. I really doubt you're going to get speed limmed and we have a decent amount of time.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Andante »

2/10

"I think if she's town she's staring down a tough game." lol ahhh thanks for acknowledging I'm in like an impossible situation, and I basically have to find mafia here, no more room for error... yeah love it! great position!!

Well everything I'm saying is just off the top of my head really, again, just trying my best over here, it doesn't help that I'm sitting at e-1, and 1 of those voters is like "I refuse to out my reads. you're dead" like, excuse me??? the other? ehh I wanted dead yesterday, so can't really blame that voter, like, I've been trying to interact with people, like, what is the universal SR to look at?? "I'm not outing my TRs" ah thanks for being so freaking helpful..... there's almost no shot I can read much/be too active tomorrow, so that's probably where I die... whatever. I'm never self hammering this. if yall want me dead, you're voting me out, I just think it's dumb we wanna put me on e-1 24 hours into the day... isn't this the game Roadkill threw me on e-1 in RVS... that went so well let's do it again!!!
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by joqiza »

We have five days before deadline, and I'm personally willing to use most of them for as long as you are willing to engage with the game in an active manner. I can't promise I don't vote you at the end of this but I think you shouldn't... be thinking so much about the E-1 thing, if that's really something that's bothering you.

I think if you're town you're actually in a really cool position, in a way. Just think, "I'm probably getting eliminated here, but I can help town win in F3." Focus on your reads and see if you can bring up perspectives that we haven't considered yet.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:47 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 3.01

Andante (2):
Sleepless Assassin, Umlaut
joqiza (1):
Andante

Not Voting (2):
joqiza, Roadkill

With 5 alive, it's 3 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-02-08 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 3 is February 13 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-13 22:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

Andante (3)
joqiza (1)
Last edited by catboi on Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Umlaut »

I guess it isn't helpful for me to just sit here and wait for the end of the day, so I will comment on another player after all.
In post 463, joqiza wrote:There was a point d1 where I mentioned I couldn't find a partner for Dwlee and SA said something along the lines of "I actually agree with you, but it's a D2 conversation." You've got to imagine that a scum player hellbussing on D1 is looking to set up the necessary mis-eliminations down the line, i.e. trying to find people to tie to their partner. SA wasn't doing anything like that, just seemed to be trying to noose Dwlee.
Actually, while I think this is a pretty reasonable argument against Dwlee/SA, I wouldn't call it conclusive. I can imagine a scenario where scum!SA just isn't thinking about who specifically he intends to push as Dwlee's partner after that flip, or if he does think about it decides it doesn't really matter as long as we believe it isn't him; in short, a scum!SA whose entire MO is just to look town and let the rest take care of itself. So if it came down to final 3 with SA in it I'd still have to consider him a yeet candidate.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:20 am

Umlaut wrote: I don't think advertising which player I find towniest right now is a great idea.
My thoughts landed me here too. The only person who really needs to know right this minute is the person stressing over who to NK. Unless a counter wagon pops up, I really don't think discussing other reads helps right now.

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Andante »

Ok, so if no matter what I do, we yeet me, why do I even try.... like... not like anyone is gonna sheep my reads
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Andante »

but roadkill, joqiza, if yall wanna be in a final 3 picking between sleepless and umlaut for maf. be my guest!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 32, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 22, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 21, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:
I've seen lolhammer in RVS, typically from scum though, or in a meme game. I don't think it is scummy to question that line from Andante but I don't think that line is AI from her either.

I like Umlaut for town right now so I'll join this
VOTE: mc Esther
Bus your buddy and vote Roadkill with me.
I don't like to bus in micros though :(
In post 31, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Dwelees entrance "someone has to start the game" shows an awkwardness I noticed from him in a pick your poison game we just played. It's kind of a mix of not really seeming to want to post and justifying why he is doing so anyway. The unvote when the wagon got big and vote on Mc Esther to create a mini wagon kind of confirms this. And actually the more I look at this the more I'm making myself confident in Dwelee over Roadkill so I'm probably switching at the end of this post. I'm gonna finish reading first though.
My post was in reference to the fact that we only get 10 posts per day, but someone has to be the first to use one to get the ball rolling onto something. Your read of my scum play is pretty good as far as not really /wanting/ to post, but your interpretation of my post and its actual meaning are completely divorced

Honestly, I think the wagons yesterday were maf v maf it's just dwlee and sleepless. that easy. Like, I saw something that's not umlaut in the iso, final HAS to be sleepless like, sure yeet me today, sleepless tomorrow

VOTE: Sleepless
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Andante »

That's all the effort I plan on giving, so joq, roadkill, if you wanna hammer me go for it, final maf is Sleepless though. no need to sit here for 5 days if town doesn't want to reconsider a SR on me
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Roadkill »

ah...

does everyone *want* to be tight-lipped about their reads? i feel like if we're tiptoeing around who we think is towny or not so towny there isn't going to be much productivity in the game? i don't know how much there can be but...

i get the benefit but i think if people don't want to talk about their reads a lot i don't know where else we can go but the wagon we have unless someone wants to elaborate.

(perhaps it's obvious but i am in favor of always talking more, i am long-winded and like using my words and i think *more* is better most of the time information wise)

in the efforts of... starting that a bit, if anyone wants to talk?

the nightkill is... ah. few thoughts about it...

looker's end of day reads were dwlee/andante as a team. andante has incentive to kill looker as the loudest voice in the room that has pushed out a mafia. counterpoint, which i am wondering about: with the loss of a partner now mafia have to get through two elims and i think that... if it isn't andante she's *always* the scapegoat of the day for how she wanted to keep dwlee alive.

...but on the other hand i tend to complicate a lot, in which case, mafia andante can and probably needs to shoot looker in the face and then... what? is the plan? sometimes i think that... mafia will not fall into pitfalls that i consider to be incorrect/suboptimal play but they do. so maybe i am thinking too hard about stuff or something, the optics of what mafia would be thinking about

...i walked away in the middle of this post two hours ago and lost my train of thought but will revisit tomorrow but, maybe talking a bit more?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 498, Roadkill wrote:does everyone *want* to be tight-lipped about their reads? i feel like if we're tiptoeing around who we think is towny or not so towny there isn't going to be much productivity in the game? i don't know how much there can be but...
I think Umlaut is town that said it, and scum!Sleepless was like "yes! I'll follow that, my excuse for making no reads and doing nothing here!"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”