Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 478, Andante wrote:final answer. Maf is joqiza
So, uh... what made you change your final answer here? Is there something about Joqiza's posts that changed your mind? Is there something Sleepless has done that changed your mind?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Andante »

see. exactly why I said just yeet me. that was before sleepless literally copied you like "I make no reads"
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:19 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Andante so you believe I lied about reading at night and coming back to old thoughts to post? What's the benefit in that?

You also believe I spent two game days tunneled on my buddy in a micro? And that we made zero push on town Day 2 and instead decided to cross bus?

As for not wanting to share reads, yes I came to the same conclusion as Umlaut but I came to that conclusion on my own. It feels obvious because no one stands out as an obvious next NK. If we are eliminating you anyway, it doesn't help town to discuss further unless someone has something groundbreaking in which case we probably have a discussion over eliminating elsewhere which would nullify the idea of not talking town reads. I don't have an idea what I'd want to do if you flip town. I just don't want to tell scum what that is because if my second guess is also wrong and scum NK that person, I get a third chance to find scum. I'd hope I don't need that many chances but you never know.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Andante »

In post 502, Sleepless Assassin wrote:I don't have an idea what I'd want to do if you flip town.
of course. cause you're definitely "not scum" and town you wouldn't want to work with me to find someone... nooo. instead I flip town, you go into tomorrow just like "well idk" and yall have even less activity than there is right now. and town will lose. it's kinda that easy. if you want even less activity, go for it. The Looker kill was cause looker was very good, in that they talked a lot, made cases. maf knows I'm yeeted here...

have fun tomorrow lol. I'd self hammer, but figured I might as well let yall get all the info you can from my town flip lol but as long as no one else is even trying, I see no point in me really doing much lol
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:26 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 3.03

Andante (2):
Sleepless Assassin, Umlaut
Sleepless Assassin (1):
Andante

Not Voting (2):
joqiza, Roadkill

With 5 alive, it's 3 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-02-09 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 3 is February 13 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-13 22:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

Andante (3)
joqiza (1)
Last edited by catboi on Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Andante »

If no one has talked in 12 hours I'll just self hammer. yall have like 50 posts each left you can use before you hammer me... not sure why the strat is to not talk and lim me, when I talk the most... sure I have wrong reads, but it's cause I threw "prob town dwlee" in the town pile and that was that. Yall seriously want a 3 way of people who talk the least tomorrow? then just shrug off d3 here as if it didn't happen? It literally feels like I'm talking to a wall and getting no where
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

What kind of talk are you even looking for? You asked for my opinion on a player other than you, I (eventually) gave one, and you had nothing to say about it. Sleepless just responded to your scumread on him a few hours ago, offering some self-defensive questions that you could have answered, and instead you took a single sentence out of the third paragraph and spewed a bunch of sarcastic anger over it.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:22 am

In post 503, Andante wrote:
In post 502, Sleepless Assassin wrote:I don't have an idea what I'd want to do if you flip town.
of course. cause you're definitely "not scum" and town you wouldn't want to work with me to find someone... nooo. instead I flip town, you go into tomorrow just like "well idk" and yall have even less activity than there is right now. and town will lose. it's kinda that easy. if you want even less activity, go for it. The Looker kill was cause looker was very good, in that they talked a lot, made cases. maf knows I'm yeeted here...

have fun tomorrow lol. I'd self hammer, but figured I might as well let yall get all the info you can from my town flip lol but as long as no one else is even trying, I see no point in me really doing much lol
In post 503, Andante wrote:

My phone auto corrected. I typed "I do have an idea " , not "I don't have an idea". Context from the rest of the post should make that obvious.

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Andante »

lol well, the correct answer was "if you're town don't self hammer" glad yall want my help around here, like you 2 voting me, you seem to know game continues after my lim.. like, heloooo I'm here... and town!!!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 506, Umlaut wrote:What kind of talk are you even looking for?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

I think Andante has to be scum here. I just don't see any way
this
is how she posts as town knowing she's about to die at any time and has to get out her thoughts while she can. Neither nor is any attempt at all to start a discussion or to pick up any of the discussion topics that have been offered to her, she's just throwing herself a pity party and belittling us all for having the temerity to scumread her.

I'd appreciate it if someone could just hammer since it's clear no one has anything else to say today.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:41 pm

In post 508, Andante wrote:lol well, the correct answer was "if you're town don't self hammer" glad yall want my help around here, like you 2 voting me, you seem to know game continues after my lim.. like, heloooo I'm here... and town!!!
In post 508, Andante wrote:lol well, the correct answer was "if you're town don't self hammer" glad yall want my help around here, like you 2 voting me, you seem to know game continues after my lim.. like, heloooo I'm here... and town!!!
You're asking about what we think if the game does continue so that's kind of the context I'm answering in lol.

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 498, Roadkill wrote: the nightkill is... ah. few thoughts about it...

looker's end of day reads were dwlee/andante as a team. andante has incentive to kill looker as the loudest voice in the room that has pushed out a mafia. counterpoint, which i am wondering about: with the loss of a partner now mafia have to get through two elims and i think that... if it isn't andante she's *always* the scapegoat of the day for how she wanted to keep dwlee alive.

...but on the other hand i tend to complicate a lot, in which case, mafia andante can and probably needs to shoot looker in the face and then... what? is the plan? sometimes i think that... mafia will not fall into pitfalls that i consider to be incorrect/suboptimal play but they do. so maybe i am thinking too hard about stuff or something, the optics of what mafia would be thinking about

...i walked away in the middle of this post two hours ago and lost my train of thought but will revisit tomorrow but, maybe talking a bit more?
Yeah. I think you put to words exactly how I felt. The gut reaction looking at the nightkill is to assume it's a frame job, because, it feels like scum!Andante almost locks in her own elim by killing the person who SR her, given the gamestate. But, that's more of the calculus that I, personally, might make as wolf. Maybe Andante just made the level 1 move.

It's one of those things where it's definitely either one or the other, so calling it "NAI" seems like a misnomer. But at the same time, it feels difficult to determine a priori which universe we're living in, just from the nightkill itself. It made me want to take my time with today, though.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by joqiza »

In case my position isn't clear...

I think Umlaut and Roadkill have felt really towny to me throughout most of this game. I don't actually know exactly what 'towny' is comprised of. I think it's, like, depth of thought, whether they seem to be analyzing the game, whether their analysis
actually makes sense
, if their tone feels "right" (I don't really know what informs my tonereads, it's just a feel thing), stuff like that, the timing of emotional content when it's present...

I've gone over them in detail in other posts already. I think they're both town. Roadkill has the added benefit of hard-pushing for Dwlee's death.

SA isn't quite there in terms of analysis or tone "feel", but in light of the Dwlee flip he looks really really solid. I've seen a lot of bussing (and hellbussing) and in my experience hellbussing mafia is generally... setting up in certain ways. SA offered me cookies to vote Dwlee and said not to worry about their partner until we see the flip. If he's scum it was a perfectly executed bus imo.

Independent of this PoE process, I've been suspicious of Andante all game. Her very first post pinged me and I came close to thunderdoming her at a point on D1. My biggest issue is that her reads only ever seem tangentially related to what's in thread or whatever post she happens to be quoting. There's no nice way to say this, but if I had to describe how her posts feel to me this game, it would be "dream logic." I just completed a game with her on MU where we were both town and I had zero issues finding her as town (and she had great reads!) This adds to my suspicion a bit.

My reservations are as follows:
- Dwlee/Andante played in a way which directly ties them together if one flips. As I've said throughout the game, I don't read them as unviable together, just... atypical.
- Andante does feel town in some small ways. Mainly she shows periods of efforts, like during D1 and parts of today.
- The Looker kill made me a bit wary for aforementioned reasons.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by joqiza »

As of rn, if we limmed Andante and she were to flip town, my suspect would be Umlaut. I can... put together a sort of paranoid story where he was trying to subtly manipulate me into limming Sleepless at the end of D2 by... saying he would hammer Dwlee (yes, stay with me)... since I'd mentioned I was struggling to find any partners for Dwlee, if he could make himself seem unassociated, maybe those association reads would make me hammer Sleepless instead.

I need to stretch and strain to make that story work in my head, but at present, it's easier than seeing either SA or Roadkill as mafia, in a world where Andante flips town. I don't mind making this sentiment public because I re-evaluate everything anyway if I end up in F3.

I think what I'm looking for right now, from you @Andante, is to simply find and case the mafia. To my belief, I have done that... I have one SR (you) and three TR's (SA/Umlaut/RK). If I'm wrong, the villager with singular knowkedge of it is You. and do nothing for me (I don't even really understand your argument tbh.)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by Andante »

joq, I won't be mad if you hammer me, do it if you must, I'm not maf, only reason I haven't self hammered is cause I figured people wanted time to talk. it's literally not me, and I can tell yall there's absolutely nothing I can do to convince you it's not me. Dwlee tricked me, it is what it is
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by joqiza »

Intent to hammer in 24h, then, unless I change my mind.

I think you're probably closer to being right that, there's nothing you can really say, in and of itself, which will make me go "oh, she's just town, then." But I think you could convince me that you're town, if you convince me that
someone else is mafia.
Which if you're town, you should theoretically be able to do.

On my part I'll go through the game from the top again, and see if there's something I'm missing. Umlaut/SA/RK all read as town to me. Who am I most likely misreading, and why? For the person you suspect, what was their plan throughout the
entire game?
Don't just... pick out a post or two and say "X is definitely mafia", that isn't doing anything for me.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 516, joqiza wrote:But I think you could convince me that you're town, if you convince me that someone else is mafia
Ah yes... cause me making a read right now does anything... I tried, got laughed at, like ok people...
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Roadkill »

no one is laughing at you?

i find it... hard to follow your thoughts because i follow things through the course of a game but you... i feel like you’ve jumped from person to person as suspect but there isn’t a heavy... weight behind these accusations, because of how quickly they come? where do you think people were laughing at you?

i feel bad if i’ve somehow made you feel bad for playing or trying but there... isn’t enough to really push against you? i’m asking the same as joqiza, for you to... to make a solid case using everything, it won’t be laughed at...

sorry if this seems a bit snippy or anything but just... sorry to ask for too much maybe?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Andante »

It's ok Roadkill. I have accepted my fate. I am town. If people have any doubts on my alignment, just know I'm town, and voting me just eliminates a town, so if yall wanna yeet a town... go for it!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Umlaut »

Can we just euthanize this poor wolf already. Look at her, she's suffering.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Andante »

In post 520, Umlaut wrote:Can we just euthanize this poor wolf already. Look at her, she's suffering.
LMAOOOO Umlaut is probably town, no way maf says this to me here. Maf would be more like Sleepless, and just coasting cause maf knows I for sure die here. I’m also quite sure Roadkill town, so it’s literally between Sleepless and joqiza, and I think I SR sleepless over joqiza
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Andante »

** Meant to add an

AWWOOOOOOOOO

to the bottom of 521 :)

Long Live Andante!!!!
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:36 am

In post 521, Andante wrote:
In post 520, Umlaut wrote:Can we just euthanize this poor wolf already. Look at her, she's suffering.
LMAOOOO Umlaut is probably town, no way maf says this to me here. Maf would be more like Sleepless, and just coasting cause maf knows I for sure die here. I’m also quite sure Roadkill town, so it’s literally between Sleepless and joqiza, and I think I SR sleepless over joqiza
Coasting ? I tried interacting with you on why this read makes no sense if you are town but you only responded to the auto correct in that post.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by catboi »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”