Micro 1045: Science Diagrams That Look Like Shitposts [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.6

Klick (3):
Frogsterking, Enchant, NorwegianboyEE
Frogsterking (2):
ta vera, the worst
Enchant (2):
Klick, HockeyFan
NorwegianboyEE (1):
Save The Dragons

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-02-20 06:13:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 422, Frogsterking wrote:This is the hook setting up a negative frame for theworst's following points. There's no way to prove or disprove this statement, it's a rhetorical device to grab attention and frame me in a way that's slippery, controlling and untrustworthy.
yeah it's rhetoric because i have a feeling that isn't being talked about :P
In post 422, Frogsterking wrote:exaggerated
i've been known to!
the quoted posts are like, definitely things you're saying, but i'm not following why you're feeling those ways or what you're gaining from the questions you're asking ?
you seem more like a white noise machine than someone looking for scum
In post 422, Frogsterking wrote:This is a barnum statement which can be used at any time to describe any player and sounds like an actual point as long as you don't pay sufficient attention. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect this is a good enough overview if you don't know what I'm referring to.
it's very, very much not.
In post 422, Frogsterking wrote:This isn't an actual point, he contradicts himself mid statement and concedes I appear to be authentic in this way instead of inauthentic, then he repeats his belief that I'm scum.
your push on me was still kinda slimy regardless of your vote, i'd just also forgotten your vote was on me. not as significant as you're presenting it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by the worst »

everything in this post makes me want to townread ta vera!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm still not sure where i'm meant to be seeing critical thinking here. you're coming at me for being rhetorical in day one of a forum mafia game. like, yes, sweaty, anyone who tries on d1 of a forum mafia game is necessarily rhetorical
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

I like frogsters answer to ta vera question, but frogsters case on ta vera is ehhhh, dont really see a whole lot there, i dont think it would want to make me TR ta vera tho(yes, is weird)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 427, the worst wrote:
everything in this post makes me want to townread ta vera!
Good, I need help reading Ta Vera's slot. If you read that and think she is definitely town then that makes my life a lot easier because I can just PoE her out.
In post 428, the worst wrote:i'm still not sure where i'm meant to be seeing critical thinking here. you're coming at me for being rhetorical in day one of a forum mafia game. like, yes, sweaty, anyone who tries on d1 of a forum mafia game is necessarily rhetorical
I'm literally not coming at you, I'm coming at a case you posted earlier in D1 when pretty much any case would be shitty, for the sole reason that Vera insisted I answer her question about why I thought said case was shitty.
In post 429, HockeyFan wrote:I like frogsters answer to ta vera question, but frogsters case on ta vera is ehhhh, dont really see a whole lot there, i dont think it would want to make me TR ta vera tho(yes, is weird)
It's not a scum case I don't even scumread Vera, I was trying to decide if she could be completely PoE'd out so the other slots can be focused on.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by the worst »

i really have no idea what ta vera's alignment is, but my gut tells me that you want to townread her.

you totally did come at me for my case earlier lol
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm pretty much just townsending Enchant and scum!casing Klick+Salsa and starting with a brief recap and call to action of my read on Hockey.

Hockey:

Spoiler:
I read Hockey's iso a few times but I just don't have as much to contribute on this slot as the other two. I think Hockey's posts aren't scummy and I think they're vaguely townie, but there are some circumstantial reasons why they could flip scum in addition to the general probability so I don't really question the veracity of the tables FoS on her (aside from Klick.) For example Duck did a metadive and found that Hockey is playing a noticeable ways outside of their town meta and within their scum range, and so I think it makes sense that Duck FoSes Hockey. I think it would be very helpful if another player who feels they have something substantial or concrete from Hockey's iso can point out to me why I or the table should scum read or town read Hockey strongly.

Salsa's iso is bad:

Spoiler:
In post 6, Salsabil Faria wrote:VOTE: Enchant
In post 20, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 19, ta vera wrote:
In post 6, Salsabil Faria wrote:VOTE: Enchant
VOTE: Salsabil Faria
Meh
In post 62, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Sup people! It’s Valentine's day & I'm single..... BEST VALENTINE'S DAY EVER!
In post 66, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I don't have any read yet...

Don't understand the
HF
wagon though.
In post 71, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 68, ta vera wrote:
In post 66, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I don't have any read yet...

Don't understand the
HF
wagon though.
you mean the wagon that doesn't exist anymore?
So?
In post 72, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 70, ta vera wrote:i'm still voting Salsabil Faria
Meh (2)

Looks like scum not engaged with game and having trouble falsifying reads. If you read this the other way and think it's town not engaged with game please explain.

Klick's iso is worse:

Spoiler:
The replace in:
In post 162, Klick wrote:
In post 158, Frogsterking wrote:Is Klick the player I'm thinking of?
Yes.
In post 163, Klick wrote:
In post 45, HockeyFan wrote:lol

ta vera seems town for not contuning with the whole "ENCHANT IS 8-BALL blah blah blah"(reference to btw)
This post gave me massive heebie jeebies and it gave me a boost of confidence to see that I wasn't the only one

I'm not sure why this wagon deflated though?
In post 164, Klick wrote:Frogster reads as really town to me in multiple places, they read as legitimately interested in engaging and their takes are believable
In post 165, Klick wrote:
In post 60, the worst wrote:
fascinating

loving the flavour
VOTE: norwegianboyee
This is optically pretty bad, ducky being on the leading wagon before this and then just... switching without explanation, defusing the thread's best shot at actually catching flame
In post 166, Klick wrote:I'm pretty happy with StD's page 4 content too, legit engagement with ta vera and just feels like he's genuinely trying to get solvy content out there
Things I dislike:

Leaving the vote on Enchant, the reads look fake, and the use of the word optically.

The reads look fake: Compare how easy it was for Klick to determine Dragon and I are town compared to the rest of the player list in this game. Most of the other players either can't tell or put in a lot of work before deciding to townread Dragon or I. Both of her I guess "scum leans", Hockey and Duck, are fashionable players to push in this game, especially at the time of her entrance.

Use of the word optically: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Detection

Average sensory language use increases slightly with alignment change (to scum.) Another rate changes between alignments too..

Then she only returns once:
In post 306, Klick wrote:Hi, busy day at work, I'll be around tonight to chat nonsense with you all xoxo

Also Frog I vaguely remember your username! I'd be curious to read some of the games you remember us playing together. I'm a lot more rusty now than I was then lol.
I don't really have any problems with this post on the surface, and I don't think it's townie either, I think there's a lot of content potentially left on the table here. Overall it's null on it's own, but I think it's scummy that she flakes on showing up in the thread again, and still doesn't fix her vote on Enchant.

Enchant and why I don't want to go there today:

Spoiler:
First of all Enchant is a high risk of being chosen as the D1 8ball. I've played with him one game (Secret Hitler II) and I was planning to choose Enchant as the D1 8ball if I received the scum role in this game. Six other players in this game are likely aware of this opportunity as well due to their prior experience playing with Enchant. The fact that the two other players at the bottom of the PoE (Hockey and Klick) are voting Enchant should raise at least one eyebrow if not two.

Second of all, and more importantly, reading Enchant's iso I found some examples of what I consider high-effort posting relative to the slot:
In post 283, Enchant wrote:
In post 281, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 279, Enchant wrote:What your reads on me
Are you usually an easy read or no?
I mostly elimmed d1-d2.

I believe i am same
player
idiot as both alignments, just more informed when maf. I tried ask people why they townread me, i never received direct answer which made sense. Idk.
In post 290, Enchant wrote:I remember playing with Salsa, STD, the worst, HockeyFan, NorwegianBoy and myself. Idk if others remember me.
In post 294, Enchant wrote:Idk about klick but very cautious. I remember replacing in Klick slot who was widely townread by everyone, but was maf (of course i abused it bwhahahaha).

Who is Duck?
I think scum!Enchant could have omitted all of these posts or posted something unhelpful instead without really standing out as anything being off.
In post 356, Enchant wrote:Game staling, let's kill VOTE: Klick
I could see this being argued as a bus vote on a scum!Klick flip later in the game, and also as a town vote for helping the wagon along on a scum!Klick flip. I think Enchant could easily have not joined the wagon here, and I think it's helpful that they did, so I'm going to include this as effort, though the AI on this one could swing either way.
In post 409, Enchant wrote:
In post 405, ta vera wrote:NorwegianboyEE: my most comfortable townread. expresses town emotions.
Save The Dragons: i recall getting a town feeling
the worst: bounces around in a natural enough manner. town enough for today at least.
HockeyFan: ehhh. i believe him when he says . i want to give him a chance to bloom.

Enchant: Enchant
Klick: exists

Frogsterking,

in general, i get the vibe there's been a lot of town wandering around bumping into each other.
Did you forgot to write it for the end

Also are being Enchant is good thing.
In post 412, Enchant wrote:Ugh...

There's just Frogsterking, and then space so i assumed you forgot to write that down.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuh
I think this is a good question and if Enchant didn't ask it I then I was going to have to. I think this is a sign of effort posting (this time in a strictly townie way) because it makes sense to be clarifying unclear posts like Vera's at this stage of the game and finalizing where everyone stands for D1.

One thing I want to throw in here is it could be that Enchant is more alert of the gamestate because they're scum and don't want to get slip or whatever, or that this isn't really effort posting coming from their slot or whatever, so if someone wants to trash my townsend be my guest but explain why. Unless someone dissuades me though I'm thinking these posts from Enchant make him slightly more likely to flip town this game, and because of the meta of the player I also think they're slightly more likely to be the 8ball.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

There was a typo in . I accidentally put my recap of Salsa's iso inside the quote of her post . This is how the end of the Salsa spoiler looks corrected beneath the rest of her iso:
In post 72, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 70, ta vera wrote:i'm still voting Salsabil Faria
Meh (2)

Spoiler:
:P
Looks like scum not engaged with game and having trouble falsifying reads. If you read this the other way and think it's town not engaged with game please explain.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Meh another typo in the Enchant spoiler, there are
five
other players not
six
who are aware of Enchant's potential as an early 8ball (not including myself or Enchant.) Okay, I'm done working on this, I want to read other players ideas for the D1 execution.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Seeking a replacement for ta vera.

The deadline will not fall below 24 hours until a replacement is found.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

ok?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

@Frogster i dont agree that scum!enchant omits those posts. I mean 412 is only meaningful post out what u quoted imo. I dont understand how u think any of ,, and are "high-effort" per-say. also, why did u ISO salsa?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 437, HockeyFan wrote:@Frogster i dont agree that scum!enchant omits those posts. I mean 412 is only meaningful post out what u quoted imo. I dont understand how u think any of ,, and are "high-effort" per-say. also, why did u ISO salsa?
I ISO'd Salsa because it's a part of Klick's slot, the posts are split between them and it doesn't take very long.

, , and seem high effort to me relative to what Enchant has been promising to contribute which is nothing. It's possible I'm crazy, you can tell me, I won't be offended.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

fine, I'l even give 283 to u

but 290 is-- Stating the players in the game hes played with
294- talking about another game where he replaced into klicks spot
409- asking a question like "Did you forgot to write it for the end" is not very high effort imo

You're crazy if u think these 3 posts are high effrot lol
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 439, HockeyFan wrote:fine, I'l even give 283 to u

but 290 is-- Stating the players in the game hes played with
294- talking about another game where he replaced into klicks spot
409- asking a question like "Did you forgot to write it for the end" is not very high effort imo

You're crazy if u think these 3 posts are high effrot lol
:mrgreen:

Well it could explain where I went wrong with my PoE.

Do you think the inclusion of and into a D1 iso make Enchant any more likely to flip town?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:40 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

I dont think 412 has any effect, you culd make an arguemtn for 283 being enchant!town tho
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 432, Frogsterking wrote:Use of the word optically: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Detection

Average sensory language use increases slightly with alignment change (to scum.) Another rate changes between alignments too..
You serious? Lool.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Worst why you voting Frog i don’t see it…
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 442, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 432, Frogsterking wrote:Use of the word optically: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Detection

You serious? Lool.
:mrgreen: Serious enough
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:54 am

Post by Enchant »

When posts in 2-3 lines considered "High Effort" for me, i feel insulted.

It's titanic work to just lay finger on keyboard... I think i don't receive enough praise.

ALSO KILL KLICK ALREADY DUH
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Enchant typed a post. Locktown, they wouldn’t even bother as scum.

Am i doing this right?

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:06 am

Post by Enchant »

Yes
Enchant
Enchant