Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 196, Nordom wrote:
In post 108, Nordom wrote:
In post 106, Roden wrote:
In post 104, Nordom wrote:Idk using "Keywords" for your argument just seems fake asf to me.
Yet you solved the fusions using key words lol
When you say "You" are you talking about me specifically?
In post 118, Nordom wrote:
In post 104, Nordom wrote:Idk using "Keywords" for your argument just seems fake asf to me.
Why do you assume I solved anything lol.
That was two times I asked you Roden in two separate posts and you elected to ignore them entirely.
In post 107, Roden wrote:
Oop, thought you were Flea, nevermind.

Still, it really isn't hard to figure out fusions through what they do.
???
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 188, Nordom wrote:Roden is inching towards the
lynch
of the day
Re-reminder
In post 60, MegAzumarill wrote:
Friendly Reminder to not use the L word

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Nordom »

@Almost 50
I wouldn't give too much credence to the ping-pong thoughts of a brain whirl-pooled in alcohol, other than the intent to fumble around and try to nail the mafia. Broken brain is just a euphemism to hide a secret shame.

*Breathes in shakily*

My name is Nordom and I'm an alcoholic.
Nordom, are you speaking to your crossbows?
Negatory.
Oh, that's a relief. I thought that-
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Nordom »

I feel like Roden should just claim here. They're at L-1 and if they claim perhaps we can get a better picture to see if they were genuine in being able to puzzle out their fused role.
Negatory.
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Roden »

Finally! It only took three hours for someone to suggest that maybe the guy at E-1 should claim!

Ok, my role is actually very complex and vague. It may take everyone's combined brain power to figure out what it could possibly be. I won't blame any of you if you give up.

I claim Vengesmith. Let me know if this one's too tough to figure out what it could possibly be a fusion of. I was given a decoder in my role PM as well, if any of you need it then let me know. :dead:
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 204, Roden wrote:Finally! It only took three hours for someone to suggest that maybe the guy at E-1 should claim!

Ok, my role is actually very complex and vague. It may take everyone's combined brain power to figure out what it could possibly be. I won't blame any of you if you give up.

I claim Vengesmith. Let me know if this one's too tough to figure out what it could possibly be a fusion of. I was given a decoder in my role PM as well, if any of you need it then let me know. :dead:
What do you mean by "decoder"?
Negatory.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Roden »

Guess.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Roden: No disrespect but your phrasing sucks and your defense is bad and I have no idea how you wanted things to play out for you in this manner. The only thing working for you now is the name of your role (and even that isn't conclusive in a themed game).

UNVOTE:

Does this bring back some of your motivation to try and "play Mafia"??

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

Catching up, lets see what we got other than 3ish pages at least...
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Roden, if I'm interpreting your claim correctly, that's a Vengeful Gunsmith, which... Is entirely useless.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Also I will say that my role name was definitely not just the two fusion materials smashed together, but idk how consistent the naming conventions are going to be here

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Galron »

My role name is, likewise, pretty straightforward. There aren't two roles smushed into one name.

Roden, you say it's difficult to figure out what a Vengesmith is. If it isn't a vengeful gunsmith, what is it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 209, Radical Rat wrote:Roden, if I'm interpreting your claim correctly, that's a Vengeful Gunsmith, which... Is entirely useless.
That's what I thought it was, but I strongly disagree with the useless part. If he is (a) Town, (b) Vengeful then no scum is going to hammer him now. If he is a GS Scum want him dead ASAP. So, while we may not get useful results from him he can be the Mafia's problem for the night and then we see.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 210, Radical Rat wrote:Also I will say that my role name was definitely not just the two fusion materials smashed together, but idk how consistent the naming conventions are going to be here
In post 211, Galron wrote:My role name is, likewise, pretty straightforward. There aren't two roles smushed into one name.

Roden, you say it's difficult to figure out what a Vengesmith is. If it isn't a vengeful gunsmith, what is it.
Likewise. If I didn't have the description to explain I wouldn't have known what my ability really does.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well, alright hen.. this is a good lead I think. Can everyone else state whether their role follows the "name fusion" suggested by Roden or not?

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

A50 you play good then you drop a fishing line... Never know what you make of you like this.

I'm not overly happy with the claim forced with over a week to go.

A gunsmith returns positive on town as well as mafia, any sort of cop fusion will also flag.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 215, Flea The Magician wrote:A50 you play good then you drop a fishing line... Never know what you make of you like this.
What fishing? I only said to state whether your role follows Roden's or mine/Galron's/RR's name rule. Could you tell what your ability did by just reading the NAME of your role without the description? I didn't ask anyone to actually say what the role did nor even what it's called. Now how is that fishing?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And the reason I'm asking is because we stand at 3-1 now. If everybody else confirms their roles names didn't follow a straightforward fusion as Roden's then Roden is most likely faking

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 207, Almost50 wrote:@Roden: No disrespect but your phrasing sucks and your defense is bad and I have no idea how you wanted things to play out for you in this manner. The only thing working for you now is the name of your role (and even that isn't conclusive in a themed game).

UNVOTE:

Does this bring back some of your motivation to try and "play Mafia"??
You mean this phrasing?
In post 63, Roden wrote:
In post 56, Nathann wrote:
In post 54, Roden wrote:
In post 51, Nathann wrote:
In post 48, Roden wrote:Are you a fusion of Miller and Godfather?
I may be, I don't know what I am a fusion of.
This is a lie but that's fine because you're probably town.
Uh, my role PM did not tell me what my pick was fused with. Yours did?
It's in my role name and ability description. The sample Role PMs also make it clear what they've been fused with.
I made it incredibly clear early on that my role PM told me what I was fused with through it's name and what it did. There isn't any other phrasing that I could've possibly used. And I said it over and over again, I did everything I could to make myself as clear as possible. You never once attacked my phrasing to begin with until now, so you can stop pretending like that was an issue.

I submitted Vengeful for this game exactly because of this kind of situation. I intended to eventually bait out scum and surprise them with a Venge kill, but I didn't even get a chance to start solving before someone decided to shit push me.

I do still think you're scum though, your case on me was awful right from the start, and now you're trying to backpedal because you're afraid of getting Venge killed. Typical play to seeing a Venge claim when under pressure is to push the elim through, not back off. It just seems like you're scum who wants to NK me instead so I that I can't use my ability.

I initially didn't want to claim exactly because voting me out and letting me Venge who I think is the scum pushing my wagon is probably the best play here, but tbh I think your reaction just seals my scum read on you. You have zero reason to back off or believe my claim is true as town. Vengeful isn't even a confirmed town role in this set up, but you still unvoted.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 209, Radical Rat wrote:Roden, if I'm interpreting your claim correctly, that's a Vengeful Gunsmith, which... Is entirely useless.
It's not that straightforward. I still have a kill, but the Gunsmith aspect changes how that works. I won't be claiming the full ability, but I will say that I don't have an investigation role.
In post 210, Radical Rat wrote:Also I will say that my role name was definitely not just the two fusion materials smashed together, but idk how consistent the naming conventions are going to be here
Going by the examples, if it isn't a mashup, it's going to have a synonym for a name.
In post 211, Galron wrote:My role name is, likewise, pretty straightforward. There aren't two roles smushed into one name.

That was sarcasm because I'm frustrated. The point is that Vengesmith is obvious and I think it's dumb that I got run up for having an obvious role fusion.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 215, Flea The Magician wrote:A50 you play good then you drop a fishing line... Never know what you make of you like this.

I'm not overly happy with the claim forced with over a week to go.

A gunsmith returns positive on town as well as mafia, any sort of cop fusion will also flag.
It's because A50 is scum.

I don't check people for guns.
In post 217, Almost50 wrote:And the reason I'm asking is because we stand at 3-1 now. If everybody else confirms their roles names didn't follow a straightforward fusion as Roden's then Roden is most likely faking
Then vote the Venge claim.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by Nordom »

Hmmmmmm. I'm inclined to believe Roden is town here because their story seems pretty consistent. They didn't really put up a fight, even when put a L-1 and anybody could have hammered at any time. There was barely any resistance to their lynch and I would think if they were mafia they would have claimed earlier as opposed to waiting for someone to prompt them to claim.

The possibility exists that they could have the role as mafia, but I think mafia would use their role as leverage to get a wagon off them as opposed to submitting to a lynch just to kill someone. People are going to be hesitant to push on a Vengeful claim and I find it hard to believe maf wouldn't take advantage of that in a more timely fashion.
Negatory.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Nordom »

Roden wrote:You have zero reason to back off or believe my claim is true as town. Vengeful isn't even a confirmed town role in this set up, but you still unvoted.
This is an interesting point. Almost was pretty quick to unvote. There didn't seem to be any time for him to take into account that it could be a mafia ploy to avoid a lynch.
Negatory.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Doesn't a Vengeful WANT to get eliminated?

My role name is not an amalgamation of multiple roles. In fact it's two words, and the first word is literally Town.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

It also seems to me that if Roden was indeed Town Vengeful, he shouldn't have said so. Because indeed, if he's Town, scum likely aren't going to want to hammer him... Which means if he does get eliminated, it's most likely Town doing the hammering.... Which means the role is now anti-Town.

So yeah, I'm calling the bluff.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”