Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2575, skitter30 wrote:I'm p sure they didnt meant for frog to be in the poe at all, when they said someone who started wirh an F i think they meant exactly fire (and werent thining about frog), but was trying to be oblique for whatever reason
Possible but a stretch.

Why are you defending your scumread?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

Because i think that's the more likely explanation than how you're explaining it, and while i think they're scum you're reasoning for why is wrong imo
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

I don’t see why that matters. If I am wrong in my reasoning right for the wrong reasons is a thing.

Why do you think Nero is scum?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:21 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2571, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2554, MathBlade wrote:They said “someone who started with F” okay still multiple people. If they intended it to be one fua would have just said the name. Instead Skitter goes why fire and Fua goes along with it.
This is a wild reason to teamread people

~
@frof i like fire because they're making good, cogent points abt the game in a pique-ish manner that wont endear them to anybody. They're trying to solve but arent trying to end up on anyone's 'good' list
Okay this a good start of an answer, can you tell me
when
you noticed these things?
In post 2577, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2575, skitter30 wrote:I'm p sure they didnt meant for frog to be in the poe at all, when they said someone who started wirh an F i think they meant exactly fire (and werent thining about frog), but was trying to be oblique for whatever reason
Possible but a stretch.

through Skitter is demonstrating guilt and it might be AI I need to think about it.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

Maybe

Kinda wanna see what people on HEM’s shortlist (won’t say who) say about these developments
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Yeet »

fua is probably still town. And independently skitter vs fua really doesn’t feel like SvS.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2580, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2571, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2554, MathBlade wrote:They said “someone who started with F” okay still multiple people. If they intended it to be one fua would have just said the name. Instead Skitter goes why fire and Fua goes along with it.
This is a wild reason to teamread people

~
@frof i like fire because they're making good, cogent points abt the game in a pique-ish manner that wont endear them to anybody. They're trying to solve but arent trying to end up on anyone's 'good' list
Okay this a good start of an answer, can you tell me
when
you noticed these things?
In post 2577, MathBlade wrote:
Possible but a stretch.

through Skitter is demonstrating guilt and it might be AI I need to think about it.
* I meant. expresses guilt and the action of defending fua in is congruent with guilt. My intuition is telling me it's AI I think but I can't tell which way.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2582, Yeet wrote:fua is probably still town. And independently skitter vs fua really doesn’t feel like SvS.
Does it feel like SvT or TvT?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2582, Yeet wrote:fua is probably still town. And independently skitter vs fua really doesn’t feel like SvS.
Why not?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:35 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Fua's frustration in leaving the game seems quite genuine, although happy to be countered on that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2586, MalcolmTucker wrote:Fua's frustration in leaving the game seems quite genuine, although happy to be countered on that.
That post doesn’t exist per site rules so you’re responding to a post that doesn’t exist for all intents and purposes
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Yeet »

Feels like TvT. Don’t think this is how either player approaches today as scum.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Yeet »

I could maybe, maybe see fua being a serial killer? But I still think they would look more survivalistic. Like their day play doesn’t at all match with how I would expect a serial killer to play. I think it’s more likely they are town for reacting in the way they did (the way they played), and skitter is town for how she is aggressively questioning everything while seemingly pushing in genuine faith. It’s a really difficult balance to strike as scum imo, and while it’s I guess possible skitter is theatreing all of this, it seems unlikely by vibe/gut as well.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Yeet »

VOTE: Cape90 Let’s start with this greedy hammer vote. Sure it could be town miscounting but scum could totally use that as an excuse. I am unhappy that instead of running Wu up, we ended up straight hammering him, and I have seen scum just go for the kill because wifom. Why Cape is getting zero scrutiny is shocking to me.Plus they are in a hood with VP and Nero and skitter who I all believe to be stronger town than Cape atm.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

how do you think Fua would play as an sk?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:00 am

Post by Yeet »

Survivalistic, more postury, more ingratiating, not naked aggression and subtle threats all day and throwing a hissy fit, not refusing to claim target and just yell at people, etc.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:01 am

Post by Yeet »

Like they were either scum or some confirmable PR (especially vig) by dayplay imo.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you know what would be wild? if Ari was actually town and deas/eyes were scum. I just don't get why April replaced in and did nothing.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2590, Yeet wrote:VOTE: Cape90 Let’s start with this greedy hammer vote. Sure it could be town miscounting but scum could totally use that as an excuse. I am unhappy that instead of running Wu up, we ended up straight hammering him, and I have seen scum just go for the kill because wifom. Why Cape is getting zero scrutiny is shocking to me.Plus they are in a hood with VP and Nero and skitter who I all believe to be stronger town than Cape atm.
VOTE: cape

Gonna be a min before I can catch up but this was also my read overnight.

Cape, can you explain how you went from calling Wu town to hammering him?

Also, why did you keep explaining your vote after you hammered?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2449, MalcolmTucker wrote:@Yeet can you explain your discrepancies between posts , , and post .

Initially you push Fua over a pretty consistent period of time, and yet after their vigilante reveal you then indicate you got a vibe they may have had their given role? If that was the case, why were you pushing Fua as potential mafia so consistently?

I'm really not sure what to make of your slot so far in general. Early on you struck me as very town - you were boldly making sometimes baseless accusations without any care as to how you came across but that helped progress the game. But it's notable that your playing style has since changed a fair bit, you seem a bit more tentative now when it comes to making outright accusations despite us having more to go on. Your play feels deliberately more measured and careful, but I'm not sure why that is...after all you didn't necessarily come under a lot of heat for your early posts.
I thought fua’s demeanor made sense with a very specific town role vig. When they claimed that role like exactly, it just clicked for me.

Regardless my demeanor that’s some like psychoanalysis stuff that I’m not really self-aware of, lol. It could have to be with getting under vote pressure changed my tone a bit?

I am vibing with VP it seems
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2596, Yeet wrote:I am vibing with VP it seems
It's weird because I had you on my shortlist if Wu votes to look at. Wasn't expecting you to vote Cape as well
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2594, Nero Cain wrote:you know what would be wild? if Ari was actually town and deas/eyes were scum. I just don't get why April replaced in and did nothing.
Has April even posted or given any thoughts yet?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2446, DeasVail wrote:Catching up and I feel lost and confused. I don't like this feeling!
Hmmm
YOUR AD HERE

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

sole post

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2453, Nero Cain wrote:I see no reason why today shouldn't end in the death of 1 of VP, Eyes, Skitter or April.

VOTE: VP

I mean he's prob scum anyways but he's already claimed so low risk, high reward
BTW, Nero, can you now explain why you were trying to pump me for reads and perspectives overnight in the neighborhood? What was the benefit for town in doing that?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”