forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Mini 699: Insane Asylum Mafia: Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:21 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Welcome to some random insane asylum you all happen to be patients in! Apparently, in Ward C, where you all happen to be patients in, some crazy events have been occuring. One of you crazies discovered this site. And decided to form their very own game of mafia, with real killings! They got together two of their closest friends, and then talked to the most uncaring person in the ward,
forbiddanlight
. They assigned her the role of moderator, and then set the stage. After secretly murdering a few psych interns, and not being noticed whatsoever, they went big. They murdered one of the psychologists and somehow obscured who he was with at the time of death. Process of elimination made it the fourteen people in Ward C. Which instantly gets quarantined, and the higher ups say you are on your own.
The mafia, having achieved the first phase of their goal, then pushed this situation one more step. They left a note after murdering one of the fourteen people,
nonny
. Stabbed to her chest with a letter opener that somehow filtered in here, the note read:

"WE R THE MAFIER!!!11 We demaned that evry1 linch each uther 2 tri and fined us! Evry nite, we will kill one uv u...hahaha. Win we all die or we cuntrol teh vots, sum1 wins! We will leve u notes evry day whil we liv! Oh yuh, furbiddunlite will maek sure taht u all do tihs rite since she is teh mod!"

Obviously serious, these mafia. Everyone looks to forbiddanlight as she explains the rules of the game. Somehow, she acquired an incredibly cute arbiter's dress, a chalkboard to count votes, and rope, a ceiling fixture with a noose attached, and something for the lynched to jump off of to hang. And here is where we begin."
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:34 am, edited 19 times in total.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The rules. Stolen very VERY loosely from Tahalindur.

1) I am the mod thy goddess, and whatever I say is law. If you make a mistake voting, tell me so I can correct the vote count.

2) Don't have fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in mysterious explosion.

2a) Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!

2b) If you mysteriously explode you've personally lost.

2c) Mysteriously exploding townies also mysteriously cause night to fall. Mysteriously exploding scum for some reason do not cause this effect. For the sake of argument, any third parties will count as scum for the sake of mysteriously exploding.

3) Rule 3 is merely a visual hallucination.

4) You vote for someone to die like this: Vote: forbiddanlight. You unvote by saying Unvote. Unvoting is required to cast a new vote.

4a) Anyone or anything that reaches lynch count will be lynched, regardless of whether they are actually in the game or not.

5) Days have a deadline of 3 weeks. A deadline extension of one week may be granted by getting a majority vote to extend.

5a) If no one has reached majority by deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, each player in the tie will send me a haiku.
Amusing Haiku
will be key to surviving
A tie at deadline

6) Nights will last between 48 and 120 hours.

7) If someone has a night action and fails to send it in before night ends, they will take a randomized night action.

8) No outside talking about the game, unless your role PM says so.

8a)Mafia Discussion threads are NOT a part of this game. Do not post there looking for advice on this game. If I have reason to believe that any posts you make in Mafia Discussion are made for help in this game, you will mysteriously explode.

9) Be respectful to the other players and have fun.
Or I'll kill you
In Real Life
Seriously.

10) Prods will be sent out if someone fails to post for 96 hours.

10a) 3 prods will result in replacement

10b) Players may request prods on a player at any time, but these prods will not count towards the three prod replace if the inactivity lasted for less than 96 hours.

11) Dying means you are dead. Stop posting.

12) You are, however, not dead until I say so. You are allowed to post until then.

13) Twilight posting is alright. Until I lock the thread you can discuss anything.

14) Violet is my color. Using it risks mysteriously exploding

15) If 3 no lynch/no kill cycles occur, Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies. No one will win.

16) Rules may be added or modified as necessary, or just because I really really want to.

Townie Role PM
: At least one of these exists.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Welcome to the Insane Asylum. You are a
Townie
with some unspecified disorder that landed you here. However, you may be crazy, but these mafia fellas are just FREAKY. Alas, your mental...exploration has failed to give you any special powers except the ability to vote, post, and die. Have fun =)
Edited rule 5a to make it more relevant.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Player Lists:

Livin' La Vida Loca:
StrangerCoug
Kublai Khan

8. Corvuus

Pentadragon
Korlash

Kinda Dead:
9. Stef
SlySly
Vanilla Townie

7. Llamafluff
Vanilla Townie

12. Electra
Hoopla
Vanilla Townie

11. Mana_Ku
corporate
Miller

2. Crazy
Innocent Conspirator

4. Juls
Shadowgirl
Miller

1. farside
Mafia Goon

10. Populartajo
Death Miller

6. Mirth
Mafia Godfather

Mysteriously Exploded:
No One, and there better not be *glare*.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:35 am, edited 17 times in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Day one begins:

The mafia, having gotten everything organized, secretly turn on the flourescent lights that mark day. They also leave another note:

Hahaha! We didunt kill ne1 last nite bcuz we r ginoris peeple. U get a free chanc 2 find 1 uv us 2day. I bet taht u wil fial tho. Hahaha!

With this menacing note, you all turn to forbiddanlight with trepidition, who breifly explains the rules. With everything explained, she clears her throat and shouts "OK! With 12 of you living, it takes 7 votes to lynch!"

It begins
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Since I love how Tar does things:

The Zeroth "Obsessive Compulsive" Vote Count

"Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a chronic anxiety disorder most commonly characterized by obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions"

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
Juls (0)
Pentadragon (0)
Mirth (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
Stef (0)
Populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
Electra (0)

Not Voting (12): farside22, Crazy, StrangerCoug. Juls, Pentadragon, Mirth, Llamafluff, Corvuus, Stef, Populartajo, Mana_Ku, Electra

(I'm not doing FoS counts however :P.)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in three weeks at 11 PM EST, Wednesday, November 19th

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #6 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

4a) Anyone or anything that reaches lynch count will be lynched, regardless of whether they are actually in the game or not.

Hmm, I happened upon this old thing right here while I was reading the thread. Pay no mind :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

She said she took the rules from Tarhalindur with some modifications. According to the following, rule 3 was: "Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill."

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

So my guess is she just eliminated it because she didn't want that rule and wanted to maintain the numbering.

No, actually, mostly it's the concept behind the rules I stole, such as deadline and voting rules, as well as how vote counts are done. It's nothing that clever. Realize I said LOOSELY stolen.

Also, I suppose a vote count would be nice, ne?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Second "Schizophrenic" Vote Count

"Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by abnormalities in the perception or expression of reality. It most commonly manifests as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking with significant social or occupational dysfunction."

farside22 (0):
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
Juls (0)
Pentadragon (1): llamafluff
Mirth (1): Stef
Llamafluff (1): Mirth
Corvuus (0)
Stef (0)
Populartajo (2): Juls, StrangerCoug
Mana_Ku (0)
Electra (1): Corvuus
forbiddanlight (2): Crazy, populartajo
tree (1): Electra

Not Voting (1): Mana_Ku

Deadline is in three weeks at 11 PM EST, Wednesday, November 19th

MOD NOTE:

In the future, I would like paraphrases of roles, real or fake, to be run by me before posting them. This inspires me to steal Tar's jackassery rule, so expect that up tomorrow morning. This is not a retroactive ruling but an oversight.

Last edited by forbiddanlight on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Tar's Jackassery role shamelessly stolen and modified. It replaces rule two as it pretty much covers that type of thing more inclusively.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Third "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder" Vote Count

"Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder affecting about 3-5% of the world's population. It typically presents during childhood, and is characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness and inattention, with or without a component of hyperactivity."

MOD NOTES: StrangerCoug's limited access noticed even if he doesn't consider it such. Will allow slight leeway for activity for him

Second Vote count has been fixed (Minor error where I called it the first votecount)

farside22 (0):
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
Juls (2): Mana_Ku, Corvuus
Mirth (1): Stef
Llamafluff (0):
Corvuus (0)
Stef (0)
Populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0):
Electra (1): Crazy
forbiddanlight (1): populartajo

Not Voting (4): Juls, StrangerCoug, Mirth, Electra

Deadline is at 11 PM EST, Wednesday, November 19th
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #153 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

10) Prods will be sent out if someone fails to post for 96 hours.
Quoting this rule to state that Stef will be prodded. I also might provide a vote count :P. This is his first prod.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #157 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I posted regarding my inactivity.. >.>

Hereby answering the prod in under .. dunno.. 10 minutes? Smile
Ah, but you also said that you'd be able to post Sunday, thus not messing with that rule. Prod stands, but thanks for responding
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #159 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fourth "Bipolar Disorder" Vote Count

"Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a category of mood disorders defined by the presence of one or more episodes of abnormally elevated mood clinically referred to as mania or, if milder, hypomania. Individuals who experience manic episodes also commonly experience depressive episodes or symptoms, or mixed episodes in which features of both mania and depression are present at the same time."

farside22 (1): StrangerCoug
Crazy (0):
StrangerCoug (1): farside22
Juls (1): Mana_Ku
Pentadragon (2): llamafluff, Mirth
Mirth (2): Stef, populartajo
Llamafluff (0):
Corvuus (0)
Stef (0)
Populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0):

Not Voting (4): Juls, Electra, Corvuus, Pentadragon

Last edited by forbiddanlight on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #184 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Juls replacement request has been noted and I'm attempting to confirm it. I do have a replacement lined up if need be. I don't feel anyone broke the jackassery rule in their play, so no other real worries
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

ShadowGirl replaces Juls
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #200 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

However, I am going to Vote: Juls because I find it odd that she asked for a replacement when people began to focus on her and ask her questions. I will even say that her last post seems like an Appeal for Emotion for whoever her replacement is. I am not moving this vote until someone can convince me to.
I probably can. You are voting a player no longer in this game. While this is valid, I don't think this is the target you wanted.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #276 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm sorry I haven't done votecounts recently. I'll do prods and votecounts tomorrow evening, I think
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #293 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I once again got home late and didn't really have the time (on my upstairs computer with all my notes) to put up a votecount as well as defend myself in a few games (CPU Quota Error can also be put to blame for this). I'm posting from a laptop that completely lacks anything that looks like my notes and also hate laptop keyboards, so tomorrow morning/early afternoon should reveal a votecount and prods if needed. Sorry I'm not getting things done as efficiently as I should
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #295 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fifth "Gender Identity Disorder" Vote Count

"Gender identity disorder (GID) is the formal diagnosis used by psychologists and physicians to describe persons who experience significant gender dysphoria (discontent with the biological sex they were born with). It is a psychiatric classification and describes the problems related to transexuality, transgender identity, and transvestism. "

Mod Note: Remind me never to let 5 pages pass without a votecount again. Also, rule 8a has been added. Not that ANY of you would ever break it, and in theory it would fall under the jackassery rule anyway.

Also, fixed the Fourth Vote Count.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (3): llamafluff, Shadowgirl, Electra
Mirth (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
Stef (1): populartajo
Populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
Electra (3): Crazy, Mirth, Mana_Ku
Juls (1): Pentadragon

Not Voting (3): Corvuus, StrangerCoug, Stef

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #306 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I owe some people prods. Crazy and Electra will be prodded. I believe this is both their first prods.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #308 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Sixth "Dissociative Identity Disorder" Vote Count

"Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), as defined by the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a single person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. The diagnosis requires that at least two personalities routinely take control of the individual's behavior with an associated memory loss that goes beyond normal forgetfulness; in addition, symptoms cannot be due to substance abuse or medical condition."

Mod Note: Unvoting is required to cast a new vote. If you have a vote anywhere, you must unvote it to recast

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (3): llamafluff, Shadowgirl, Electra
Mirth (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
Juls (1): Pentadragon

Not Voting (3): Corvuus, StrangerCoug, Stef

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #320 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:17 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

*Sigh* Electra, you have broken rule number 2 for jackassery by not only linking 2 ongoing games...but an ongoing game that I'm PLAYING with you. I mean, seriously. Deciding on a course of action right now. Suffice it to say I'm removing her links.

I hope no one else does these things, since I really don't need to have the ongoing games rule broken.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #322 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

farside22 wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
*Sigh* Electra, you have broken rule number 2 for jackassery by not only linking 2 ongoing games...but an ongoing game that I'm PLAYING with you. I mean, seriously. Deciding on a course of action right now. Suffice it to say I'm removing her links.

I hope no one else does these things, since I really don't need to have the ongoing games rule broken.
I would say add the rule about linking ongoing games as part of the rules and give Electa a warning that you feel works. Not that any player should ever, ever talk about ongoing games, but since it wasn't in the rules.....I don't know I will just leave it up to you in the end.
It's a site wide rule. It's not something you should have to put in your boilerplate. Also, it does fall under jackassery since you are breaking a site wide rule, I would think. I'll probably lean towards a warning but I'm consulting with nonny to see what the best move would be. Not used to having a rule broken :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #329 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6470

This covers the sitewide "Don't talk about ongoings" rule. I think in the end I'm letting you off with a warning since you didn't do anything extreme, but that is something to remember that essentially ongoings do not exist for meta purposes

Also, I'm not a miller :P. (always wanted to do that :P)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #344 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Seventh "Antisocial Personality Disorder" Vote Count

"Antisocial personality disorder (APD) is a mental disorder. It is defined by the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual: "The essential feature for the diagnosis is a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood."[1] Deceit and manipulation are considered essential features of the disorder."

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
StrangerCoug (2): farside22, Pentadragon,
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (2): llamafluff, Electra
Mirth (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)

Not Voting (4): Corvuus, StrangerCoug, Stef, ShadowGirl

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #354 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Stef has requested replacement. I am searching for one as we speak. Might do a votecount later
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #395 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Eigth "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" Vote Count

"Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) (previously known as Dysmorphophobia and sometimes referred to as Body dysmorphia) is a psychiatric disorder in which the affected person is excessively concerned about and preoccupied by an imagined or minor defect in their physical features. The sufferer may complain of several specific features or a single feature, or a vague feature or general appearance, causing psychological distress that impairs occupational and/or social functioning, sometimes to the point of complete social isolation."

Mod Note: Still looking for a replacement, and may extend the deadline if I don't find one soon

Also, you should keep the votes like this, a four way haiku off would be amazing :P

farside22 (0)
Crazy (1): StrangerCoug
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (2): llamafluff, Electra
Mirth (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (2): Corvuus, Mirth
Mana_Ku (0)
Electra (2): Crazy, Mana_Ku

Not Voting (2): Stef, ShadowGirl

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #416 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Ninth "Internet Addiction Disorder" Vote Count

"Internet addiction disorder (IAD) is a disorder originally proposed in a satirical hoax by Ivan Goldberg, M.D., in 1995. He took pathological gambling as diagnosed by the DSM-IV as his model for the spoofed description.

Although IAD was meant to be a hoax, it is promoted as a real condition by some supporters. Supporters often divide IAD into subtypes by activity, such as pornography, overwhelming and immoderate gaming, inappropriate involvement in online social networking sites or blogging, and Internet shopping addiction."

(Yes, some psychologists actually believe this)

Mod Note: Slysly replaces Stef. Going to extend deadline to the 23rd, giving him a good 10 days to catch up and post around.

Also, fixed 8th votecount

farside22 (0)
Crazy (1): StrangerCoug
ShadowGirl (0)
Mirth (1): Electra
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (1): populartajo
Populartajo (2): Corvuus, Mirth
Mana_Ku (0)

Not Voting (2): SlySly, ShadowGirl

Deadline is at 11 PM EST, Sunday, November 23rd
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #462 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Crazy last posted Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 11:38 pm. He will not get a prod against his three to being replaced, but I will prod him.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #463 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Tenth "Paranoid Personality Disorder" Vote Count

"Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others. (DSM-IV) For a person's personality to be considered a personality disorder, an enduring pattern of characteristic maladaptive behaviors, thinking and personality traits must be present from the onset of adolescence or early adulthood. Additionally, these behaviors, traits and thinking must be present to the extent that they cause significant difficulties in relationships, employment and other facets of functioning."

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
StrangerCoug (1): Pentadragon,
ShadowGirl (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (3): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug
Populartajo (3): Corvuus, Mirth, SlySly
Mana_Ku (0)

Not Voting (1): ShadowGirl

(I wish deadline would approach faster, lol. We've had ties all day :P)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #470 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mana_Ku has been prodded
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #477 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Eleventh "Insomnia" Vote Count

"Insomnia is a symptom of a sleeping disorder characterized by persistent difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. It is typically followed by functional impairment while awake. Insomniacs have been known to complain about being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time. Both organic and non-organic insomnia constitute a sleep disorder."

Mod Notes: If Mana_Ku doesn't pick up her prod in the next 24 hours, she will be replaced and deadline will be slightly extended

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
StrangerCoug (1): Pentadragon
ShadowGirl (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (3): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug
Populartajo (3): Corvuus, Mirth, SlySly
Mana_Ku (0)

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #540 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

mod; whats the word on mana
Searching for a replacement for Mana_Ku. Unless I find one before deadline I'll search overnight.

Also can we get a prod on Electra
Let me see how long she hasn't posted. This would be her second prod if she hasn't posted in 96 hours.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #541 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Electra is being prodded (she hasn't posted to like 120 hours :P) Votecount may be appearing shortly
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #542 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twelfth "Asperger's Syndrome" Vote Count

"Asperger syndrome (also called Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's disorder, Asperger's or AS) is the autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in which there is no general delay in language or cognitive development. Like other ASDs, it is characterized by difficulties in social interaction and restricted, stereotyped patterns of behavior and interests. Although not mentioned in standard diagnostic criteria for AS, physical clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.."

Mod Notes: I just put these here to annoy people sometimes.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (4): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug, Mirth
Populartajo (2): Corvuus, SlySly
Mana_Ku (0)

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #544 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: Believe it or not, I actually have that.
It tends to be overdiagnosed IMO. It's the new ADHD. I really should know. Not to say yours isn't a genuine case, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of any diagnosis like that without all the information. I don't have any info of course so I have no idea if it's right or not :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #546 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

corporate replaces Mana_Ku
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #549 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well I have every single one of these disorders AND hypocondria. Top that.

Also welcome replacement. Deadline stands or extended?
Oh, yeah, that's a good idea. Yeah, deadline extended to...say...November 26th
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #572 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirteenth "Sexual Sadism/Sexual Masochism" Vote Count

(Yes, it's in the DSM)

"Sadism and masochism describe psychiatric disorders characterized by feelings of sexual pleasure or gratification when inflicting suffering or having it inflicted upon the self, respectively. Sadomasochism is used in psychiatry to describe either the co-occurrence of sadism and masochism in one person as separate disorders, or as a replacement for both terms, depending on the theory used."

Mod Notes: Hopefully you observed the new deadline.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Mirth (0):
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (4): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug, corporate
corporate (1): Mirth

Not Voting (2): ShadowGirl, Mirth

Deadline is at 11 PM EST, Wednesday, November 26rd

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #586 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Electra has failed to post in 48 hours after being prodded. Hoopla replaces Electra
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #590 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I am an idiot. I apologize Elect, I COMPLETELY missed your post and didn't check as well as I should have.

Hoopla, I apologize for this, but Electra did fulfill the prod. And unfortunately, she's the only one you'd be able to replace right now since I sent you her role :S...I'm REALLY sorry about this.

Electra is back in, Hoopla is currently out...and remind me to be a lot more careful when I do these things :S.

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #618 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

V/LA from farside is noted. Prods will be checked for now, and I'll post a votecount after that
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #619 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wow...I let Crazy get away with 7 days of no posting. I'm really sorry about that. Everyone else has been really good and posted in at least the last too days :). VC coming after I prod Crazy.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #620 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fourteenth "Histrionic personality disorder" Vote Count

"Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, usually beginning in early adulthood.

The essential feature of histrionic personality disorder is an excessive pattern of emotionality and attention-seeking behavior. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others."

Deadline in 2 days. Hope there's a tie! :P.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Mirth (0):
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (4): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug, corporate

Not Voting (2): ShadowGirl, Electra

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #649 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Corporate, too bad
I ain't telling you shiz, scum
Makes town better off
Mildly amusing, but probably wouldn't win in a tie situation against a sufficiently awesome opponent :P

*back to lurking*
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #653 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Was that a haiku? Man I'm going to suck at writing one if I ever have to.

seven-five-seven
the secret of the haiku
Lies in syllables

(yes, that was totally lame).

Alternatively

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

It is obvious
One should save his best effort
In this game, for mod

suck up :P.

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #670 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Can we have a prod on tajo?
He's posted within the last 4 days, but I will prod him, not counting towards his prod count

Votecount forthcoming. Maybe I'll pull another paraphilia :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #671 (isolation #47) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fifteenth "Voyeurism" Vote Count

"Voyeurism is the sexual interest in spying on people engaged in intimate behaviors, such as undressing, sexual activity, or urinating. It is classified as a paraphilia in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association and a disorder of sexual preference in the ICD-10. The diagnosis would not be given to people who experience typical sexual arousal simply by seeing nudity or sexual activity; the aspect of spying is central to paraphilic voyeurism.The word derives from French verb voir (to see) with the -eur suffix that translates as -er in English. A literal translation would then be “seer” or "observer", with pejorative connotations."

Mod Note: farside's LA is noted, Mirth's V/LA is noted

Also, unvotes are generally required to cast another vote.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
StrangerCoug (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Mirth (0):
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (5): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug, corporate, Pentadragon

Not Voting (2): ShadowGirl, Electra

Slysly is at L-2

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #672 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's not that hard, really. It probably takes me more time to purposely right without capitals then with them.

I'm simply going to pretend you're not implying what you are, and try and not lower my opinion of you.
I don't have to add a sexual harassment rule, do I :P?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #674 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ha ha, no, it's fine. I was just feeling particularily sour at the moment from RL stuff.
Well, thinking on it, it'd fall under jackassery I'd think, provided there were a true complaint.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #676 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, if he somehow stalks me, I'll be sure to let you know.
9) Be respectful to the other players and have fun.
Or I'll kill you
In Real Life
Seriously.
I think it'll be alright, though it occurs to me this rule is a little redundant with Tar's jackassery rule
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #678 (isolation #51) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Much as I detest it, read what encyclopedia dramatica has to say on "almost raped". It's a satire of a sad truth. Pretty much, no matter what you said, any girl could convict you for it. It's really a horrible double standard that I really dislike. I obviously was kidding when I said you were doing it (though it COULD be construed as such :P)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #687 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Damn, Corporate, you know Shadowgirl and me are a couple in real life, right?
Wow, I didn't even know that. That's pretty awesome
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #689 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Just so everyone knows, I will be absent for the next three days as I need to attend a family gathering.

I refuse to comment of the ShadowGirl and corporate situation.
Noted. Though it'll be night by then :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #691 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

populartajo wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Damn, Corporate, you know Shadowgirl and me are a couple in real life, right?
Wow, I didn't even know that. That's pretty awesome
Yep. We are actually having an anniversary tomorrow. :)
Well, that's pretty cool.

Ah, I can't be getting into conversations like this. Need to play mafia, not shoot the breeze. People are trying to kill you! Eventually...
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #695 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You don't have to unvote your normal vote. You can make a special vote to extend deadline.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #698 (isolation #56) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

vote NO extension we already had one.
Two actually, but those were outside circumstancy involving replacements :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #747 (isolation #57) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fifteenth "End of Day One?" Vote Count

"Process Her"

(Yes, not really even a psych reference, but good enough)

Mod Note: 5 votes is NOT a majority. Can you get two more in 3 minutes?

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0):
StrangerCoug (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Mirth (0):
Llamafluff (0)
Corvuus (0)
SlySly (6): populartajo, farside, StrangerCoug, corporate, Pentadragon, SlySly
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (2): ShadowGirl, Electra, Corvuus

SPECIAL

Deadline Extension: Corvuus, StrangerCoug, SlySly, Shadowgirl, Mirth
No Extension: corporate

Slysly is at L-1

Unless you get two votes to extend deadline in 3 minutes, Sly will be lynched, and a lynch scene will be forthcoming.

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #748 (isolation #58) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sly is lynched. Consider my last post your End of Day Votecount

Lynch scene forthcoming.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #749 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The arguing went on right up until the flourescent lights started flickering. Everyone knew those lights were about to go out, and they had to kill someone. They almost had a majority on SlySly, and forbiddanlight getting tired, said "Alright, you know what? Kill him. I'm going to bed". She retired, as half the mob closed in on Slysly...oddly enough including SlySly himself. How one closes in on oneself is only known to those special enough to be in a psych ward, but somehow SlySly did. "Well, if you won't listen to me about that guy who says he has bad stuff, then fine!" As he manages to fit the noose around his neck, and demands everyone else to pull him down. The town does this with glee, and SlySly falls over, neck broken. You then decide to search his things, which he was rather overprotective of anyway...to find nothing.

Sly Sly, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched

Night will last at least 48 hours, until some arbitrary time that may or may not have to do with these dice after I get night actions.

Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Original Roll String: 1d24
1 24-Sided Dice: (19) = 19

Original Roll String: 1d60
1 60-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

[/i]
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #750 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The flourescent lights snap back on, and you all awaken. You hear a scream...as the guy with OCD notices that one of the paintings adorning the wall to make it more "homey" is about 2 inches crooked. Then you all notice the body. A gruesome sight, the body of Llamafluff lays there with a nasty bullet wound in his head. Speaking of which, you thought you heard a gunshot last night, but you just thought it was a paranoid person's trap. As you examine closer, you find a note in the bullet wound.

HAHAHAHA! Tihs iz goin to b eazyer than wee funk! It wunt b long bfour wee taek ovur teh town! U'll nevar find us! U'll probooblee just linch anuther wun uv ur own. Wee'd wish u luk, but u cudn't wen evun if wee told u hoo we wur! In fact, we'll evun tell u! We r.

*A portion of the note is soaked in blood*

nd u'll still lose! HAHAHAHAHA

-The Mafier

This is what you are able to read despite the amount of blood on it. forbiddanlight approaches the body after you take the note out and read it, and tosses it out the conveniently placed window that you can't escape out of (tm). "We wouldn't want that to stink, would we?". After this, she sets up her chalkboard and gallows, and gets everyone back in a circle to start accusing each other.

Llamafluff, Vanilla Townie, was shot N1

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Deadline is 1:30 PM EST, Sunday December 21st.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #751 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Sixteenth "Day Two Start" Vote Count

"It's a given insanity is contagious"

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)
corporate (0)
Electra (0)

Not Voting (10): farside22, Crazy, StrangerCoug, ShadowGirl, Pentadragon, Mirth, Corvuus, Populartajo, corporate, Electra

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch
Deadline is at 1:30 PM EST, Sunday, December 21st

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #756 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mirth's V/LA is noted
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #834 (isolation #63) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

My apologies for not doing a votecount recently. I'll probably do one tomorrow morning
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #843 (isolation #64) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Seventeenth "Yes, I Seriously Did That Quote" Vote Count

"Why so serious?"

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
Str
o
angerCoug (1):Pentadragon
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (2): StrangerCoug, Electra
Mirth (2): Populartajo, corporate
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (1): Corvuus
corporate (1):Mirth
Electra (0)

Not Voting (3): farside22, Crazy, ShadowGirl

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #855 (isolation #65) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: can you confirm if the mafia is the only antitown faction, as suggested by you first post?
You should know better than to ever assume. As in, no, I can't confirm
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #903 (isolation #66) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

After I handle a couple things, I'll do prods and a votecount. Sorry I've been so lax in this
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #904 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Pentadragon prodded. VC will come later tonight. I have to do some things before I can post one
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #914 (isolation #68) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Seventeenth "Dark One" Vote Count

"Hey, did you know my blood is black?"

Mod Note: So...I finally do a vote count, only to notice absolutely NOTHING has changed. Deadline is in 10 days, y'know :P

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
Str
o
ShadowGirl (0)
Corvuus (0)
Electra (0)

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #916 (isolation #69) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

could we possibly keep a vote count at the top of each page? please.
Not really. The way I do votecounts makes them need their own post. Um...I could try to make sure there is one ON each page. But, for previous ones it's not too hard to filter my posts only and newest first
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #938 (isolation #70) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Eighteenth "With Great Power Comes Great Insanity" Vote Count

"It seems like any major military or corporate backed venture to give a mundane person super powers or just enhance their normal abilities always results in the test subject going uncontrollably berserk as a side-effect. "

Mod Note: I am of course rooting for the haiku team. I don't mind not voting for the next 9 days :P

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
Str
o
ShadowGirl (0)
Corvuus (0)
Electra (0)

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #950 (isolation #71) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Ninteenth "Madness" Vote Count

"If you discard this card, you may play it for its madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard."

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Pentadragon (1): Electra
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
Electra (0)

Not Voting (6): farside22, Crazy, ShadowGirl, Corvuus, Pentadragon, StrangerCoug

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #964 (isolation #72) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

mod: I'm going to be kind of VLA. personal life and computer issues killing me. I shall try to post once a day, but can't promise more.
noted
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #977 (isolation #73) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Ninteenth "OCD 2" Vote Count

"Hmm? Oh...maybe I'm just imagining it, but...I have this feeling that the picture frame in the front hall of our house is a little tipped to the right..."

Mod Note: 3 days left. Though I guess you could just read the deadline warning that I always put at the bottom of these VCs. Also, going to check for prods now

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0):
ShadowGirl (0)
Mirth (3): Populartajo, corporate, farside
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
Electra (0)

Not Voting (5): Crazy, ShadowGirl, Corvuus, Pentadragon, StrangerCoug

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #978 (isolation #74) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:00 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Whoops...I should have poked Corvuus two days ago. I apologize for that. And Pentadragon a day ago. I'm really slacking :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1000 (isolation #75) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twentieth "Super Sane" Vote Count

"I'm not going to go crazy and kill everyone...
in fact...
If there's no one left to kill, then we don't have to protect them and we won't go crazy!"

Mod Note: 25:30 to deadline. Hope you are voting who you want dead.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0):
ShadowGirl (0):
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
corporate (1): Corvuus
Electra (4): Mirth, ShadowGirl, farside, StrangerCoug

Not Voting (2): Crazy, Pentadragon

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1006 (isolation #76) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh yeah, it is deadline, isn't it? Sorry about being late. Scene up shortly. Here's a votecount.

The Twentifirst "End of Day 2" Vote Count

"And it's...all...my...fault! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Mod Note: Votecount fixed. Sorry about that. I even had to change the flavor :P

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0):
ShadowGirl (0):
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
corporate (0):
Electra (6): Mirth, ShadowGirl, farside, StrangerCoug, Corvuus, Crazy

Not Voting (1): Pentadragon

Deadline

Electra has been lynched. Scene to follow

Last edited by forbiddanlight on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1007 (isolation #77) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Taking it right to where the lights flickered, Corvuus comes through with the sixth vote. Forbiddanlight motions everyone to stop voting, points a baton she got from who knows where at the chalkboard where Electra's name is, after scrawling Corvuus' vote on there, and leaves for bed. As she leaves, the hungry crowd surrounds Electra, who had been oddly quiet anyway. As the crowd surrounds her...she starts rocking and chuckling. "Heehee...that's right...come closer...". Just as they grab hold of her, she SNAPS. She starts screaming and attacking people left and right. In the commotion someone tazes her (because somehow someone has one of those), effectively immobilizing her, and the group strings up Electra's limp body. A quick search of her things reveals...

Electra, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched

The last dice method didn't work so well, so I'll try this one instead.

Original Roll String: 1d24 (STATIC)
1 24-Sided Dice: (10) = 10

Deadline is sometime between 48 hours and 120 hours from now.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1008 (isolation #78) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry I'm late.

Another night passes with a gunshot. Oh wait, this isn't a soundproof ward, those were just some hunters who apparently found good game on the grounds of an insane asylum. Huh...they...probably belong in here too. Anyway, the lights come back on and you all are relieved to find that...oh, nevermind, the body was just a little hidden. In a panic you all surround the body because apparently that's what you people do, and you find that it's a burned body. How you all did not notice a fire in the darkness is beyond me, but anyway, in the ashes there is a note from the mafier...er, mafia.

"HAHAHAHA! We r stil arund. We dun u a favor tho! We kild sumwun hoo wood look suspishis. We hop u lyk our gift."

Signed,
The mafier

Since the body is charred beyond recognition, you all look around to see who is missing and find that..."

Corporate, Miller, has been burnt to a crisp

Day 3 begins, deadline will be on January 17, 2009, at 10:00 AM EST.
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1009 (isolation #79) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twentisecond "Start of Day Three" Vote Count

"It's good to have an open mind, but not one so open your brains fall out."

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
Juls (0)
Pentadragon (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (12): farside22, Crazy, StrangerCoug. Juls, Pentadragon, Mirth, Corvuus, Populartajo

Deadline is in three weeks at 10 AM EST, Saturday, January 17th, 2009

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1026 (isolation #80) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I will state now that flavor hints are useless. For all you know the scum woke up to find someone dead, shot someone else and it got blocked, and decided to take credit for the kill they found. In other words, I can make anything up that makes no sense and it will not be indicative of anything relating to the actual gameplay
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1032 (isolation #81) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Corv wrote: Mod: ok. sorry.
Why apologize? Your speculations only affect you and the other players :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1034 (isolation #82) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: You show corporate as a miller in the death scene but a vanilla townie in the player list.
Ah...that appears to be what happens when you copy and paste. I'll fix it later
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1055 (isolation #83) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: Please prod Pentadragon.
I think I'll just replace him. This would be his third prod.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1058 (isolation #84) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think I'll just replace him. This would be his third prod.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1069 (isolation #85) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd like to note V/LA from the 4th to the 10th.
noted. Still looking for a replacement for penta
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1073 (isolation #86) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Korlash replaces Pentadragon effective immediately. I'll do a votecount later
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1103 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty third "Only Took Four Pages" Vote Count

"In the blur between metal and flesh, Memnarch found madness."

Mod Note: Hmm...if there were an 8 way tie with 0 votes each, would I just make it no lynch or lynch the worst haiku writer?

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (8): farside22, Crazy, StrangerCoug. ShadowGirl, Korlash, Mirth, Corvuus, Populartajo

Last edited by forbiddanlight on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1108 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

MEMNARCH!... >.> Sorry... sorry... that one caught me a little by surprise...
There's another MtG quote in one of the votecounts. I basically am running out of good insane quotes. I may have to tap Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing. IIRC she gets a bit insane with her fangasm over Alucard (and what girl wouldn't fangasm over him. :P)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1127 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Fourth "Rules Exist for a Reason" Vote Count

"Gentlemen, I like war. Gentlmen, I LIKE war. GENTLEMEN, I LOVE WAR"

farside22 (0)
Crazy (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (8): farside22, Crazy, StrangerCoug. ShadowGirl, Korlash, Mirth, Corvuus, Populartajo

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1159 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

on a sidenote, I re-read the rules and this "can't" be lylo. 8 of us, even if we mislynch and a townie gets NK'ed we have 6 (with 3 potential mafia) but if it comes down to 3vs3 then the best haiku wins!!!! Man, i wonder if forbiddan planned all of this. bleh. Since then it would go to 2vs2 and the ultimate haiku battle for the universe is held.

That is a horrible, HORRIBLE interaction I just created. Seriously, it should NOT work like that. That's just plain WRONG. And unfortunately, I didn't protect from it either :S.

Ok, here's the deal, I don't like changing the rules midstream, but this could make the game a little different, and not even mafia. I would like votes by PM about whether you would like me to nullify that rule in any situation that is potential lylo and replace it with a more traditional rule such as first to reach that many votes, or keep it, essentially making any lylo determined by me and amusing haiku. I'll do a VC soon
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1161 (isolation #91) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

LOL, this is serious?
Any advantage we can get this as town?
It's up to the players to decide a rule change like that. I had an unforseen interaction with the rules that is damaging to the integrity of the game. By all rights, I should eat it. I'm putting it in the players hands since they're playing the game and a rule change effects them most
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1167 (isolation #92) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I'm pretty sure most of you noticed I was rather vague on win cons. This applies to everyone, not just the town. So, let me set the record straight now

If you are town aligned, you win when all threats to the town are eliminated

If you are mafia aligned, you win when your group controls 50% of the votes or nothing can prevent the same.

If you are a third party, well, I would have definitely remembered to give you a win con merely because it would be integral to any third party role.

So, essentially, Korlash is right and I need to be more clear about these things. Sorry about this, I usually remember things like that, lol
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1182 (isolation #93) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Same here. Oh wait...that means awesome stuff can happen! Anyway, Deadline extended by 3 days, and any more we need if the site keeps going down.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1211 (isolation #94) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

My claim: Everyone is out to get me and I do a some things at night to try and stop them, which makes me suspicious. Cops that may or may not exist will get mafia on me.
Wasn't there a rule somewhere where you PM me paraphrases? I'm nice so I'll let it by, but in the future, good to remember...
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1252 (isolation #95) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

mod: im having computer issues. i might lose access til i can get to another computer tuesday. i dont know. just a warning if i disappear
noted. I'll get a votecount up either sometime this evening or after midnight.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1335 (isolation #96) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Unofficial Votecount, since I'm sick of waiting for one (the last one was Jan 5, 7 pages ago.) Someone please check it.
I fell asleep :(. Sorry I failed so hard there. Should be able to get one next post
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1338 (isolation #97) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Fifth "So...Yeah" Vote Count

"This is madness.
No...
THIS! IS! SPARTA!"

Mod Note: Yeah, uh...sorry about that. It's been weird, since I've actually managed to get a job now, so...here.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (2): StrangerCoug, Korlash
StrangerCoug (1): farside
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
No Lynch (1): Populartajo

Not Voting (4): Crazy, ShadowGirl, Mirth, Corvuus

Deadline is at 10 AM EST, Tuesday, January 20th, 2009

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1346 (isolation #98) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

When there are 2 NKs, there are at least 2 killing methods. Here, there is no one.
Let me clarify this would not necessarily be true. That WOULD be a flavor hint in my eyes, and I try to avoid those where ever possible. I know other mods do use differing kill methods for multiple killings for consistency. I don't.

Note that this does not necessarily confirm the existence of a second killing role either.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1352 (isolation #99) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh yeah, Korlash, that should totally be "hayaku". I've read the lyrics to Gackt's "Vanilla" to know that far too well. (Yeah, I sang it as karaoke at a con once)

OH, you people want another vote count, don't you?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1356 (isolation #100) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Sixth "I love it when people make assumptions" Vote Count

"Is that what your voice says?"
"Nah, right now, she's humming show tunes"

farside22 (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
No Lynch (1): Populartajo

Not Voting (4): Crazy, ShadowGirl, Mirth, Corvuus

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1384 (isolation #101) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod, prod Crazy plz.
I checked, and he has a little less than 24 hours left. But I'll prod him, it just won't count against him.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1392 (isolation #102) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Seventh "I'm running out of ideas for these things" Vote Count

"Because I'm sane. And I know I am because I'm constantly thinking "Don't be crazy" to myself. Crazy people don't DO that because crazy people don't WORRY about becoming crazy"

Remember, No Lynch is an entity that would find it rather difficult to write a haiku, so if there is a tie with no lynch, no lynch will automatically lose

farside22 (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
No Lynch (2): Populartajo, Crazy

Not Voting (3): ShadowGirl, Mirth, Corvuus

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1405 (isolation #103) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Eighth "No seriously, I really am" Vote Count

"I don't have to listen to you! You're just the illusion of a phantom of a hallucination I had!"

Mod Note: Rule 7 states that if you send NO night action in, you will do one with a randomized target. If you were to send in "I target no one" or some variant, that counts as a night action. Just figured I'd clarify.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (3): StrangerCoug, Korlash, farside
StrangerCoug (1):
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):

Crazy is at L-2

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1430 (isolation #104) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Ninth "I think you have to be a little mad yourself to be a psychologist" Vote Count

"Don't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it."

Mod Note: Fixed

farside22 (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):

Crazy is at L-2

Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1432 (isolation #105) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod, we need Crazy here.
Crazy posted...um...2 and a half days ago. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having my players here either. I mean, I could prod him again but it still wouldn't count til 96 hours. (i.e., he has 36 hours left to post)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1434 (isolation #106) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: You show me as having one vote but don't name who it is.
That would be a votecount error :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1443 (isolation #107) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So why isn't he being lynched yet!? I mean seriously it's...

Oh yeah, I'm not playing this. Nevermind :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1451 (isolation #108) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, do I still have players...ooor what?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1457 (isolation #109) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

All of you posted yesterday/two days ago, with the possible exception of Crazy, which I'll check now

EDIT: Or uh...not. Wow, it seemed like you all posted a lot later than that. Nyeh, I'll just send out a massprod that won't count towards number of prods.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1459 (isolation #110) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Not a mass prod! AHHHh RUN AWAY!
It'd be more accurate to say it's half-massed. I just called out the people who didn't post on this page as SC suggested
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1498 (isolation #111) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, hey, you guys have enough votes to extend the deadline by a week. Good job. New deadline is same time, same place, just January 27th now. I'll get a votecount up sometime tomorrow.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1500 (isolation #112) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirtieth "I Actually Kept My Word?" Vote Count

"How pitiful. The insanity keeps getting worse."

Mod Note: Deadline extended to 10 AM EST January 27th. This is the final deadline for the day.

farside22 (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):

Crazy is at L-2

Deadline is at 10 AM EST, Tuesday, January 27th, 2009

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1508 (isolation #113) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As I recall, a no lynch can't make a haiku? ;P
Indeed so, this was established in an earlier post. He tried real hard but he keeps spouting out limericks. Silly No lynch.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1514 (isolation #114) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

If I need to make a haiku or something:

Do not lynch me now
A No Lynch is far better
Die Scum Die Scum Die

A haiku is only required in the case of a tie with another player in the game. No lynch can't write a haiku, and entities not in the game wouldn't be able to either. That's mildly amusing with a few bonus points for relevance though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1540 (isolation #115) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: Please note my sig.
noted. Further, I won't be posting a votecount til I recover my good computer. That should be tonight however.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1564 (isolation #116) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Mod: Please note my sig.
noted. Further, I won't be posting a votecount til I recover my good computer. That should be tonight however.
Or not. Not sure when I'll get it back up. If anything changes I'll pull up a votecount if I can
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1586 (isolation #117) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Still having computer troubles, but I will state that Crazy is indeed at L-1, deadline is still whatever arbitrary time I established on the 27th of January
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1596 (isolation #118) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's back! But...I have none of my notes. Luckily, I basically remember who was what role, I just probably won't have a nice "These are the role PMs I sent out" postgame. I'll do a votecount tomorrow since I'm going to my room and eventually to bed soon.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1598 (isolation #119) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-First "It's Alive" Vote Count

"Is
this
the place I'm supposed to return to?"

Mod Note: Deadline today...in about an hour, actually.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (4): StrangerCoug, Korlash, farside, Mirth
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):

Not Voting (3): ShadowGirl, Corvuus

Crazy is at L-1

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1599 (isolation #120) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Second "End Of Day 3" Vote Count

"If any one steal cattle or sheep, or an ass, or a pig or a goat, if it belong to a god or to the court, the thief shall pay thirtyfold therefor; if they belonged to a freed man of the king he shall pay tenfold; if the thief has nothing with which to pay he shall be put to death."

farside22 (0)
Crazy (4): StrangerCoug, Korlash, farside, Mirth
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):

Not Voting (3): ShadowGirl, Corvuus

With four votes at deadline Crazy is lynched
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1600 (isolation #121) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Once again, the flourescent lights start flickering, a warning that another artificial night was about to arrive. Forbiddanlight once again stops the vote, points at Crazy, who claimed to be a kelptomaniac. Of course, not many people enjoy having their stuff stolen. Before forbiddanlight lets the crowd lynch Crazy, she walks up to him, motions for him to give her back something, which she gets, and then walks off. Once again, after forbiddanlight retires, the thinning group surrounds this thief. As they string up Crazy and search his bag they find...nothing. Further, they find no evidence that Crazy is part of the mafia. Dejected and scared, the group goes to sleep as the flourescent lights turn off...

Crazy, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched

1 24-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1601 (isolation #122) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yet another night passes with the town in despair. All three lynches have been that of their own. Both kills, also of people who were no more harmful than that kid in the back of the classroom that was always rocking...back and forth...gripping her pencil tightly...she turned out to be alright, right? Anyway, the lights dawn with another death. The body, vaguely identifiable, can be summed up quite simply with "she exploded". Hmm...I think that I'd probably kill to be able to be this oblivious while sleeping. I mean, hell, if nothing wakes you up, at least you always get a full nights sleep. ANYWAY, you've found an exploded body that can be barely identified, along with a note somewhere in the debris.

"Ur tiem is runin owt! U wil nevar find us! Wee also luft u a gift! Uv corse, u probubbly all redy fownd it if u r reedin this message! BWAHAHAHA!"

Signed,
The mafier

So, anyway, as I said, the body WAS vaguely recognizable. As Shadowgirl. You all knew she was a little suspicious, but in the end she is revealed to have been on your side.

Shadowgirl, Miller, has exploded.

Day 4 begins, deadline will be on February 19, 2009, at 10:00 PM EST.
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1602 (isolation #123) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Third "Start Of Day 4" Vote Count

"Before us, like the pink mist surrounding a bloodied nose, demons masquerading as soldiers swarm. Did you hear that? What about you? I have no doubt, that this girl, these heathens, all of them are our enemies! "

Mod Note: Mostly fixed. I cut out a couple things, and this translation wasn't quite as cool.

farside22 (0)
StrangerCoug (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (6): farside22, StrangerCoug, Korlash, Mirth, Corvuus, Populartajo

Deadline is at 10 PM EST, Thursday, February 19th, 2009

Last edited by forbiddanlight on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1611 (isolation #124) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

2) Forbiddan usually doesn't end the game in a 3 v 3 situation unless "nothing" can stop town from winning. So... I don't know... If Crazy is town and everyone else who is dead is also town... then... I guess it's a mod thing that the game is still going on.
And just how do you know this? Where else do you know me from? It's obvious that you've played a game that I've run before, or at least seen one
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1621 (isolation #125) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

If I remember correctly, I stated the mafia would have to control MORE than 50% of the votes to win. If there are indeed 3 mafia left, then to win there would have to be 5 players left. This is, however, unlikely to have any effect on the victory of either side, since in most cases if it were 3 mafia vs. 3 town, it would be forced to a no lynch and a successful kill would put the mafia as winning. It's basically a cover my ass policy in case I forgot some crazy role interaction. And plus, it keeps people guessing. Note that with this post I am not confirming the number of mafia or the number of remaining mafia, merely putting the scenario out there.

I always do background checks on the Mods I like! Razz
Heh, you'll have to PM me the results of that check sometime :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1626 (isolation #126) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: I hereby request replacement. See updated sig for reason.
AGAIN!? Sigh...it's understandable. Fine, I'll find another replacement
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1629 (isolation #127) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Kublai Khan replaces StrangerCoug
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1691 (isolation #128) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Still waiting for KK here. Prod please.
It has been 96 hours or close to it, hasn't it? Will do. I'll determine the time to see if it counts against his 3.

Nevermind, he posted as recently as Sunday. Usually I'd respond to a player requested prod but 48 hours is a bit ridiculous.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1693 (isolation #129) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Fourth "Well..." Vote Count

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
"How do you know that I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here!"

Mod Note: Fixed quote in VC 33.

farside22 (1): Populartajo,
StrangerCoug (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (1): farside22

Not Voting (4): StrangerCoug, Korlash, Mirth, Corvuus

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1728 (isolation #130) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

As it happens, KK needs to be prodded. This one DOES count against his 3. I'll see if anyone else needs such treatment now as well

Oh hey, so does Corvuus.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1747 (isolation #131) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wow. Suddenly I feel lots of sympathy for your significant other.
I would like to state that I do take violations of Rule 9 seriously. As well as Rule 2. Consider this a warning. I am indeed sharpening my knives for further violations. There is no need to be rude

Yes, that goes to you as well Mirth, but to a lesser extent
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1753 (isolation #132) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Um yeah, let me get on one of those votecount things.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1754 (isolation #133) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Fifth "Does emo count as a mental disorder?" Vote Count

"Nobody ever looks at me!"

farside22 (2): Populartajo, Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan: (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (1): farside22

Not Voting (3): Korlash, Mirth, Corvuus

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1791 (isolation #134) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: Please note I will be on vacation from Feb 13th to Feb 16
Noted
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1817 (isolation #135) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ara Ara...that appears to be a lynch. I'll put up a scene and such later today. I'm about to go out as it stands. Consider it twilight kinda.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1819 (isolation #136) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Kay, I'm back, final vote count and scene time
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1820 (isolation #137) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Sixth "End of Day 4" Vote Count

"Move! Get out of the way! Or I'll eat you alive!!!!"

farside22 (4): Populartajo, Kublai Khan, Corvuus, farside
Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (2): Korlash, Mirth

With 4 votes, farside is lynched

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1821 (isolation #138) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Another eventful day passes, focusing on the people claiming to be staff. Obviously this place was getting to them, as despite one's claim that they found evidence implicating farside of being behind these murders, they refused to vote for her until the bitter end. Others, however, found the evidence to be more than enough. With little discusson they quickly pointed the finger at farside, as forbiddanlight silently noted the votes. In the end, the supposed staff member raised his vote to farside...and farside finally snaps. A grin slowly appears on her face, and she starts laughing maniacally. "HAHAHAHA! So! You found me out! But you will NEVER discover ANY of my partners! Hahahahaha! You can lynch me today...in fact, forbiddanlight, I'm voting myself! I'm going to die...but us mafier will prevail! HAHAHAHAHA!" Forbiddanlight denotes the vote calmly, and then reaches in her dress as farside starts raving more. She pulls out a tranquilizer gun, firing it at farside, directly at the neck. As farside drops, the other three who demanded her to hand pick up her limp body, wrap the noose around her neck, and push her sleeping body over. In her permanent rest, you search her things and find several interesting items...including various murdering paraphenelia...and then the lights flicker off...you rest satisfied knowing, however...

farside22, Mafia Goon, has been lynched

1 24-Sided Dice: (18) = 18

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1822 (isolation #139) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You all wake up as the lights turn on. Your numbers, which began as 13, have dropped down to 6. Out of those 6, 5 of you are suspected of being mafia. As you wake up, you expect that number to be five. However...something seems different. One of you takes a deep sniff of the air...it isn't tinged with death today!? What is this? There...isn't a body this time. Even forbiddanlight looks mildly surprised. You do, however, find a note in the middle of the room:

"SO! U....U finully finded wun uv us! BUTT! u see, u wil nevar find teh rest uv us! NEVAR!

Signed,
The Mafier!"

The note is slightly damp with sweat, and forbiddanlight procures it, and calmly sets up the noose and chalkboard for the next day.

NO ONE HAS BEEN KILLED. It is Day 5, with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1823 (isolation #140) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Seventh "Beginning of Day 5" Vote Count

"I joined it of my own accord, because of it's power!"

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0)

Not Voting (5): Korlash, Mirth, Kublai Khan, Corvuus, Populartajo

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline will be March 14th, 2009 at 12:00 PM EST

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1919 (isolation #141) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Eighth "Super Mode!" Vote Count

"Yes! Go mad with your rage!"

Mod Note: Neither KK nor Kor need prods at the moment. They will tomorrow morning, however

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (1): Kublai Khan
Corvuus (0)

Not Voting (3): Korlash, Mirth, Populartajo

Pop taj is at L-2
Mirth is at L-2

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1932 (isolation #142) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Korlash=prodded
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1947 (isolation #143) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ah, that'd be a lynch, wouldn't it? Let me do a votecount and mod scene in a few minutes...
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1948 (isolation #144) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Ninth "End of Day 5" Vote Count

"Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it."

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (1): Kublai Khan
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (3): Corvuus, Korlash, Mirth

Not Voting (1): Populartajo

Pop taj has reached lynch count.

Well, it would be but you all kinda lynched someone now.

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1949 (isolation #145) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The day began with one of the claimed staff going all out on tajo...never had forbiddanlight seen so many fingers pointed at one person. Mirth and Korlash hold Corvuus back from literally attacking tajo (though forbiddanlight of course would have stepped in before it became serious), and tell him that they need to discuss possibilities before they decide to lynch tajo. Well, possibilities are discussed, and perhaps because Mirth and Korlash got tired of holding Corvuus down, about mid day two more votes appear on tajo, ensuring his lynch. Tajo himself seems rather relieved for some reason as he's strung up, and as the noose snaps his neck, his expression, while happy, is one of peace.

You all then decide to do a search of his things...and you find, among other murder paraphenelia...a GUN! He might have had an excuse for the other stuff...but there's not WAY a nice person would have a gun! Not in an insane asylum! You all go to bed finally feeling as if your luck is changing, with another successful lynch. But will that luck hold, you wonder, as the flourescent lights dim and go out...

Populartajo, Mafia Goon, has been lynched

1 24-Sided Dice: (6) = 6

Deadline is sometime between 24 hours and 96 hours from now.

NOTE THE ABOVE! I SHORTENED NIGHT BY 24 HOURS!
[/i]
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1950 (isolation #146) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The group wakes up once more as the flourescent lights flash on. You look around to find only 4 of you left. Then you realize you forgot to count yourself. Could it be the bloodthirsty mafia have somehow been defeated? Alas, no, for there is a note in the middle of the floor...

U..U founded anuther wun uv us!? How...How dar u! wee...wee r teh mafier! wee wull not b stoped so easy! U wull nevar find meee!

Signed,
The Mafier

forbiddanlight calmly sets up the chalkboard and noose as if nothing were different, and you all get in your positions to hopefully find the last mafier...ah..mafia. She picks up the note, damper than yesterday with sweat and tears.

NO ONE HAS BEEN KILLED. It is Day 6, with 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1951 (isolation #147) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fortieth "Beginning of Day 6" Vote Count

"I already have what I want"

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)

Not Voting (4): Korlash, Mirth, Kublai Khan, Corvuus

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline will be March 24th, 2009 at 12:00 PM EST

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1973 (isolation #148) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: I'm going to be away until Sunday. Have to go on a trip. I might check this game if I have time, but this is not a definite, as my modded games are my first priority.
noted
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1990 (isolation #149) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

* If scum don't NK, then we No lynch again until they do (poss. end up with a happily ever after ending).
I should have made a rule about this earlier, but I'm going to state now that if you go for a happily ever after ending, which I'll define as 3 cycles of no lynch/no kill, if won't be happy.

In fact, this will happen and no one will win. Adding this rule now. Either that or I could have the mafier have a burst of energy from getting a full nights sleep three nights in a row and kill all of you. Either works.

Sorry if this irritates anyone.

as far as no lynching goes that's perfect. We should be able to cross someone off in 4 out of 5 possible night scenarios which should at least boil the game down for some of us. However I refuse to no lynch, so instead can we lynch lamp? I do not love lamp and it needs to die... Providing lynching lamp causes day to end...
rules wrote: 4a) Anyone or anything that reaches lynch count will be lynched, regardless of whether they are actually in the game or not.

On a joking sidenote, if tajo was the final scum, there is no godfather, then all we need to do is 'lynch forbiddanlight' to get the key to get out of this place. Instead, even though we have 'won', FL is going to keep us here until we kill each other.
I did mention how my modding style is influenced a lot by Tarhalindur
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1998 (isolation #150) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Happily ever after" is (despite the name) pretty much the same as "rock falls". Nobody wins. It's a shameful end to the game, especially for mafia.

I still think a No Lynch today is a good idea as it can reduce our chance of killing scum from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3.
Happily ever after is more everyone wins though. People will count it as a win or a draw. In this case, everyone loses. Cause they're dead. Mafia can't control 50% of the town if they don't exist. And how can a townie say that they eliminated all threats to the town if rocks fell on the town and everyone died?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2006 (isolation #151) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, I'm a miller! No, for serious'd!
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2010 (isolation #152) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

But forbiddanlight kinda killed my bluff before it could get started by threatening to kill the town for playing in a manner which I think is logically consistent for our win-objective and rewarding the scum for not trying to kill the town (which I assume is their win-objective
The town's win con is to eliminate threats to the town. Playing with no lynch/no kill cycles does not achieve that. "Happily ever after" is not a valid win. And how am I awarding the scum for not trying to kill town? I said EVERYONE dies, EVERYONE loses.

We still have the option of turning the bluff into more then a bluff. If the scum do no kill tonight we can always no lynch again and force them to either take a mutual lose or kill someone. No I don't like handing my fate over to the scum but if I have to lose I want them to lose too. (And yes, being able to blame my loss on the scum for not being productive is also a bonus)
You get three no lynch/no kill cycles
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2012 (isolation #153) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

does the cycle start with today's lynch or last nights no kill?
Obviously I can only start it with a no lynch. To do otherwise could technically reveal information about the kill no one should be privy to
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2015 (isolation #154) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL, 1990: There has got to be some rule about modifying game rules at random Razz
Actually, I meant to put that in and apparently forgot. Like, there's supposed to be a rule there about me modifying the game rules when necessary, or unless I really really want to (as per Tar's ruleset :P) I should probably add that.

Anyway, give me a few minutes and you'll get a votecount. Marathon day got just a LITTLE bit in my way.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2016 (isolation #155) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-First "Super Asia" Vote Count

"You fool! Can't you see the Earth is dying?"

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
forbiddanlight (1): Korlash
No Lynch (2): Kublai Khan, Corvuus

Not Voting (1): Mirth

Deadline will be March 24th, 2009 at 12:00 PM EST

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2018 (isolation #156) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

But to answer your question, I hopes the threat of a draw would force the scum's hand. If a town's No Lynch vote causes scum not to kill, then I'd say we've eliminated the threat to the town. If scum chooses to repeatedly No Kill, then they aren't working toward their (assumed) win obligation of overwhelming the town, so they should be the ones to take the loss. But the mod disagrees with me, so it feels like my point is moot.
I'm of the opinion that both of you are failing to reach your assigned win con in a situation where both no lynch and no kill are flying all over the place. How can town claim they've eliminated ANYTHING without killing the threat? Just as scum can't say they control half or more of the town without killing.

But, as you said, this discussion needs to be done postgame.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2020 (isolation #157) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

First: can we hold off hammering the mod for a while.

FL: if we lynch you, that won't count as a no lynch, correct?
Hmm...interesting point. Well, essentially, lynching a target not actually in the game will result in no lynch. So yes, provided I'm not in the game. It will be obvious at the lynch scene though, should you attempt to lynch me
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2022 (isolation #158) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, I say I'm dead. You no longer have a mod. Sorry...but I'm sure someone will volunteer to do votecounts and everything, right? This will all work out...RIGHT? I mean, I could call in no-...she's dead too...wait...wait...I'm sure someone will run the game if you ask nicely...but...as a dead person I can't give anyone the set up...

I don't think this is going to work out.

DAY 6 HAS BEEN RET CONNED

Pretend the last 3 or 4 pages didn't exist, I don't feel like deleting them. Oh. It's also mysteriously night. Isn't that funny?

Ok, ok, so you wanted REAL flavor? Gimme a post...I'll come up with something
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2023 (isolation #159) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The real flavor (though I don't know why I'm giving you this. D6 never happened. It went from N5 to N6 magically.)

As Korlash claims that forbiddanlight is innocent, which somehow means she's guilty (you all really ARE crazy), the thin crowd gathers around her. As they try to tie her up and lynch her, the noose and gallows suddenly disappear. Also, she starts glowing gold. Because we all know Hyper Mode shows up as gold. She soundly punches everyone really hard so they are knocked out. Then night falls, and she waits patiently to see what happens next.

forbiddanlight, Awesome if a bit eccentric mod, has most assuredly not been lynched, and dares you to try that again.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2024 (isolation #160) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

1 24-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

Night deadline is between 24 and 96 hours. Enjoy

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2025 (isolation #161) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You all wake up, a little groggy from...something. You have absolutely no recollection of the previous days events, and forbiddanlight has already set up her noose and cardboard. There is a note in the center of the room, and you wonder what it says as all 4 of you are still alive.

I R Stil arund too get u! U can't wen tihs!

-Signed
Teh Mafier

So yeah, once again, no one died. Kill each other and stuff now
[/i]
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2026 (isolation #162) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Fortieth "Beginning of Day
7" Vote Count

"I already have what I want"

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)

Not Voting (4): Korlash, Mirth, Kublai Khan, Corvuus

Deadline will be April 3rd, 2009 at 3:00 PM EST

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2030 (isolation #163) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, FL, does that mean that you actually were scum, since I notice the "we" from yesterday changed to an "I"
Did I get lynched? No. But I still flipped. You know my alignment.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2032 (isolation #164) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: but youve lied about alignment before, so we can't trust your flip.
Have I? I cannot confirm nor deny such allegations. Suffice it to say I'm not actually a player in this game though
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2046 (isolation #165) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-first "Super Asia" Vote Count

"You fool! Can't you see the Earth is dying?"

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (2): Kublai Khan, Corvuus
Corvuus (0)

Mirth is at L-1

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2056 (isolation #166) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:21 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, it still counts as no lynching. You seriously think I'd let you abuse the rules like that? Basically, if no one dies after being voted to lynch, and it wasn't because of a role in the game, it's a no lynch
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2060 (isolation #167) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

END MY TORTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

11) Dying means you are dead. Stop posting.
Poptaj, this is the second time. Do you really enjoy abusing the rules? If you do it again, I will penalize your team. Deleting your post now.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2068 (isolation #168) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, are you all going to vote, play, talk, explode, stuff? Anyone?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2074 (isolation #169) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-Second "I'm So Crazy, I Don't Know This is Impossible!" Vote Count

"The strength of a madman is proverbial, and with good reason. Madness allows people to brush aside the instinctive cautions that stop the rest of us using the full strength of our muscles, and perform feats of great strength. Unfortunately for them, human bones are not strong enough to withstand the stresses this imposes. "

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Corvuus (0)

Mirth is at L-1

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2078 (isolation #170) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

ForbiddanLight tipped her hand and stated that there was only 1 scum left. Corvuus' PM was confirmed by you, which means no matter that the only way that he is scum is if he's your partner.
Well, considering first the initial mistake, and then the fact you have...FOUR PLAYERS LEFT...I would HOPE there was one scum left. I really wasn't "tipping my hand" at all. Anyone with half a brain would figure it out
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2080 (isolation #171) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

forbiddanlight wrote:

The Forty-Second "I'm So Crazy, I Don't Know This is Impossible!" Vote Count

"The strength of a madman is proverbial, and with good reason. Madness allows people to brush aside the instinctive cautions that stop the rest of us using the full strength of our muscles, and perform feats of great strength. Unfortunately for them, human bones are not strong enough to withstand the stresses this imposes. "

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Corvuus (0)

Mirth is at L-1

Or since you have re-read twice (at least?) I will ask FL for a deadline, and then you will post what you really think?
Vote counts. They have them.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2090 (isolation #172) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hey, you all need to do Tar a favor and join his marathon "Worst Idea Mafia". I'm sure he'd love you forever (and I wouldn't get jealous or anything, not at all!) So yeah. Also, potentially join the game I'll be running later. Yes, it will be bastardly to an extent. Warning, it has jesters. Yes, more than one)

So, that's that, have fun, resume the game, I'm not really prodding during marathon weekend
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2103 (isolation #173) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

DUE TO A MODDING ERROR I HAVE JUST REALIZED THE SCUM ALREADY WON!

THERE ARE THREE MAFIA STILL LIVING AND THEY KILLED LAST NIGHT!

cret1n, mafier mispellcaster
Killah Nine, chocolate mafier
and
Killer Seven, mafier godfather win!

Enjoy post game.
no, this isn't a thinly veiled April fools joke...

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2106 (isolation #174) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So this game is finally over? Gott sei dank.

Yeah, but seriously, you all should have figured out the mafier. I mean, Llamafluff had it pretty well, IIRC.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2108 (isolation #175) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

seeing as how I'm listed as dead vanilla town there is no way this game is really over... It's a pretty good joke though but I hope you warned KK... I mean the mafia before hand so he doesn't slip up...
You mean you aren't? Dead vanilla town that is? You were killed last night
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2110 (isolation #176) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ha ha ha... You can't fool me Forbiddan, I R 2 Smartz fur thats!
Hai hai, I'll fix it. It was still pretty amusing I think, even if no one would fall for it.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2115 (isolation #177) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:23 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-Third "I'm Bored" Vote Count

"There are many causes for insanity. Too many, honestly. However, insanity does have its limits; specifically, if you go past point X you reset the "insane-o-meter" and go back to being sane. Other characters simply grow bored with being insane and choose to become sane again. So they do."

Mod Note: Deadline is in 29 hours. Are you all bad enough dudes (and dudette, don't worry, I didn't forget you Mirth) to lynch someone normally?

Or will we have the most amazing resolution ever...a haiku off?

Kublai Khan (1): Korlash
Korlash (0)
Corvuus (0)

Not Voting (1): Mirth

Mirth is at L-1

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2118 (isolation #178) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:02 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-Fourth "Nonsensical Things" Vote Count

"Haiku are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator"

Mod Note: Deadline in 6 hours. Haiku rules will be put up then provided it remains tied.

Kublai Khan (2): Korlash, Mirth
Korlash (0)
Corvuus (0)

Not Voting (0)

Mirth is at L-1
Kublai Khan is at L-1

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2122 (isolation #179) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Deadline in 10 minutes. Hope you all are ready. Haiku rules will go up if a tie occurs at deadline
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2123 (isolation #180) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-Fifth "End of D7, and End of the Game" Vote Count

"There is madness in everyone"

Mod Note: There is a tie! Haiku rules to follow.

Kublai Khan (2): Korlash, Mirth

Not Voting (0)

Mirth is at L-1
Kublai Khan is at L-1

DEADLINE

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2124 (isolation #181) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

As the group reaches the end of the day, and the lights are about to go out, they are evenly split on who to vote for. Exasperated, forbiddanlight suggests a competition to determine who survives. A certain poetic art she enjoys called the haiku. Set up as judge of haikus, she patiently awaits the entries.

Mechanics of the haiku off

1. Haiku is a form of poetry that relies on number of syllables. It is in the format of one line with 5 syllables, one line with 7 syllables, and a final line of 5 syllables. Examples will be provided.
2. The tied players should only submit one haiku. Make sure it's the best you have
3. The tied players have 24 hours to submit a haiku.
4. The haiku should be submitted by PM, though it will be presented in the official judging post.
5. Most amusing haiku wins.
6. The winner survives.
7. Scum may not PM their partners for help with the haiku, nor may town communicate for any reason.
8. If I forgot something, I'll add it in.
9. Good Luck

Examples of haiku, as a meta haiku:

Meta haiku

Excuse my rudeness
But this thread, I noticed it
And wish to partake

Though this thread is old
three months old, to be precise
Haiku will not die

An art, lasting long
In the earliest of times
indeed has tendrils

Most assuredly
as a venerable art
haiku are lovely

But, I do wonder
With format 5-7-5
Can one meta haiku?

-break-

An epic haiku
is mostly impossible
so a new art forms

A step up, one goes
forming some odd thing beyond
a normal haiku

A meta haiku...
about multiple haiku
In haiku format

Some may haiku of
the many changing seasons
Or other natures

But this haiku, this
this tells of the art itself
With exponent glee

One argues, perhaps
that one can't say much at all
about the haiku

Perhaps even saying
that one cannot make nineteen
about the subject

-break-

However, you see
I only have to write four
to complete this task

Closing it is hard
But a good story resolves
even one of haiku

The end, dramatic
Whether good, bad, or neither
approaches quickly

This haiku, filler
For tension will raise a lot
with protracted end

I must finish now
But I hope you all enjoyed
Cause everyone dies.

~FIN~
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2125 (isolation #182) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Forbiddanlight clears her throat and speaks:

Furious haiku
crafting the best on they could
contestants fight hard

On the one side, Mirth
scribbling 5-7-5
on many papers

Decision, complete
she plays to meme and fetish
Her haiku is thus

"Shackles, gimp mask, whip:
pleasure for Elvis, FL,
and an Alpaca. "

FL assesses
she counts syllables wisely
Then stifles laughter

She expects Mirth win
Kublai Khan, however, draws
colors with fury

His craft takes hours
But it is not in vanity
For he finishes

He gives his haiku
To FL with a flourish
And she assesses

A pretty picture
forbiddanlight laughs loudly
Unable to control

Both haiku and cat
appeal to her interests well
And she declares win

Kublai Kahn has won
A contest with much at stake
Now for the reveal...

Kublai Kahn...
VANILLA TOWNIEE
has won the haiku contest!
TOWNS
WINS.

Role list and maybe? PMs to follow. I'll be curious about the post game discussion.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2126 (isolation #183) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is in red because violet is definitely the most unreadable color I could have chosen. Sorry.

Role List:
1x Insane One Shot Bulletproof Cop
1x Sane One Shot Bulletproof Cop
1x Death Miller
2x Miller
4x Vanilla Townie
1x Mafia Goon
1x Innocent Conspirator (reverse death miller)
1x Mafia Godfather

Yes, the Innocent Conspirator investigated as town. This was basically an exercise in "DON'T ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FREAKING COP". You all did reasonably well. The only flaw was the fact that farside didn't know she basically had to claim miller with everyone else, though knowing her partners investigated as townie (I believe, since I gave pregame talk) she probably should have taken the chance. I think the Innocent Conspirator role was completely used wrongly and ended up leading to the scums downfall. Town nearly screwed up the end there...ok, well Korlash nearly screwed up the end there by being wrong. KK was right that the set up had a lot of mirroring, and I kinda did that intentionally so that town had a chance of figuring out the reverse death miller. One shot bulletproof turned out to be more powerful than I imagined it would be and I think that may have tilted the balance slightly in towns favor.

Anyway, I fully expected swinginess like mad, and I got it. Looked like scum had got you by D3, but then everything swung around. I regret my failures in flavor where I revealed the number of mafia (which was an accident), and I was basically saying anything to keep that a secret when you all caught on. That probably made it worse. So, once it was kinda known, I basically just rolled the flavor with it, but only with the flips, not actual alignments. I was mildly surprised this came down to haiku off, but it greatly amused me, and I think it's a fair way to handle failings on both sides. Mafia failed to get enough people on their side for a mislynch, town failed to come to a consensus, which I'm soft on anyway. I'll be interested in hearing comments on these things.

That covers most of what I observed this game.

Oh yeah, Corvuus didn't have a PR. He had the exact same PM Korlash did. I found it hilarious that he faked a PR as a PR and got away with it without even being NK'd. That's basically all I remember now. I think I lost the PMs in the computer crash but I'll see if I can find them in my sent box. Feel free to post your role PM if you have it.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2129 (isolation #184) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Goddamn. I was so worried about submitting that and most of my other haikus just looked piss-poor to me. It was a gamble...
You cheated and sent a picture. Odds are that wasn't going to be beaten. I merely stipulated that it had to be a haiku. The creativity was definitely bonus points.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2131 (isolation #185) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Eh, I pretty much knew my side was gonna lose from the beginning when the miller claims started
Why? I don't think the millers really should have done too much. I mean, tajo was easy enough to frame, and as for the other millers, farside probably should have joined them. A little bastardly, yes, but it still could have been worse.

I'm more curious how you'd balance this set up though (if you think it unbalanced)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2134 (isolation #186) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well... I think four millers would have meant someone was lying for sure.
Which is why it was farside's best play. Since it would force millers, practically confirmed by each other, to be lynched instead of NK'd. I'm still trying to figure out what I should have done about the cops.
Not a balance issue. More of a everyone wanting to leave them alone at first issue and then Farside not claiming miller and then Crazy doing the 3 er 4 miller thing. But mostly the first. The fact that a number of people automatically wrote them off as the not day's lynch was pretty much when I knew my side was screwed.
Ah, yeah. I'm mildly surprised at how...accepting people were of the role duplication.

And yeah, Crazy did mess you up there a bit. That was probably what led to his downfall.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2137 (isolation #187) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah. And I was kinda hoping for my partners to outlive me. After the wagon on me (which I still say was unwarranted), I claimed doctor basically to get myself counterclaimed and get rid of the doctor if there was one in the game. I thought I was going down, so I thought I'd do that most damage while doing so. I didn't expect to outlive both of them.
I don't like doctors, and I don't like cops. No way in hell I'm having both, lol. One shot NK resistance makes things interesting. What's intriguing is I didn't have a vig :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2140 (isolation #188) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Man, it kinda burns me when a mod changes rules on the fly. But I understand why you did it because the "...happily ever after." ending is really crappy for everyone (especially the mod). I meant to push the discussion to the post-game, but I think we ended up going over the main pro/con points of it anyways. Though it freaked me out to argue with the mod because deep down I know that the mod is always right (even if they investigate as guilty).
Sorry, I needed to have that clause in. I forget things, and that's something I need to remember. I try not to abuse the changing rules, but some people think I do. Ah well, at least you saw my point.

Oh, about me investigating guilty. It was a hidden rule. Investigating something not inside the game results in a guilty result (or innocent if you are insane or naive, etc.)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2141 (isolation #189) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Crazy claimed really poorly and I'm interesting in what the night PMs were like because I got the feeling that he wasn't into game. Which is a shame, because forbiddanlight is right, he could have really screwed with the town. The "theif" claim and the cough-miller stunt made it obvious that he was a reverse miller.
Yeah. I think if it HAD been played correctly that the game would have been more interesting. The one shot NK resistance would NOT have been as powerful.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2144 (isolation #190) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

im exelent at mafier
U wer a part uv teh mafier.

did u not no?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2156 (isolation #191) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I was under the impression that if you replace out that the game doesn't go into your statistics, seeing as how you didn't play it to the 'end'...
I agree with this. replacing out doesn't count for you since you didn't do all the work. Replacing in, at least, is a situation where the replacer has to do a lot of legwork as WELL as keep up with what's happening then.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2158 (isolation #192) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Does it matter much? I don't think anyone keeps official stats. It's more of an honor system thing.
True. It's just how I see things.

But hey, to be fair you basically won the game :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2161 (isolation #193) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:14 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I was pretty pissed about a one shot nk resistant cop with no second kill going on. Once the millers claimed and the cops stated they were one shot NK resistant I knew the scum was losing this one.
But nice effort by Mirth. I want to nominate you for best effort in a losing cause for this game.
Yes, because you certainly couldn't have claimed miller (fair mistake, could have gone either way), nor was your reverse death miller at all the most ridiculously overpowered scum role I've ever used in a game. I don't think the set up was overly balanced against you. If at all balanced against you. You seem to focus on the negative rather than pay attention to what your side had. Yes, I suppose I should have given you a roleblocker (that would block the resitance too), and might consider that should I use this set up again.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind people actually pointing out the flaws in the set up and explaining why they are flaws so I may better my set up creation in the future. I personally think farside is bitter, but if others agree with her analysis I apologize.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2166 (isolation #194) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't really have an issue with the set-up (though the NK resistances might have been a bit much, and ultimately both cops were effective. Perhaps something to make the cops weaker? Or turn this into a no-reveal on death game), but the nails in our coffin were just people believing claims right off the bat. This was one of the factors that helped me stay alive as long as I did, but its what ultimately killed our chances from the beginning, I think.
The cops were basically useless as cops. There was ONE person they KNEW they could get an accurate read on. I expected them to figure out their sanities quickly, and then tear their hair out trying to figure out what the hell was going on with their investigations and what they could trust.

I'm still curious why you didn't kill Corv :P. Post Restrictions tend to be targets, which is why I rarely give them. But I can understand being frustrated at claims just being believed. I'm surprised no one questioned two cops (then again confirming each other with the NK resistance worked well). Further surprised no one questioned your doc claim.

basically, this game would have been won easily for the scum if the millers hadnt claimed D1. That helped a lot.
I was relying HEAVILY on the MS meta for this game. I probably COULDN'T run it anywhere else.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2170 (isolation #195) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

lolwut?
Sorry, what I meant by they KNEW was that if they got a guilty on a non miller, it was pretty obv scum.

As for the Corv thing, he was faking a post restriction, and I'm surprised it didn't get him killed.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2174 (isolation #196) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

no what i meant is that i never bought Mirth's claim and she used it for the reasons i assumed.
that was a good claim, mirth. i couldnt convince anyone until this late.
Ah, yeah. Well, I mean, most of the people who didn't get lynched :P. She rode it for awhile is what I mean to say
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2178 (isolation #197) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I KNEW from the beginning that I was a sane 1 bulletproof shot cop. This was incredibly overpowered to me and I was worried about what would happen with claims (sane with NK resistance? so not true, let's kill the liar!) and that I would get targeted quite easily.
Actually, you didn't know you were sane, read your PM.

Ironically... I lost my cop PM. I had already lied and altered my role significantly so I could have PM FL and ask for a re-send of my original but... I felt that it might be borderline cheating and that if I couldn't BS my way out of this part now, then I would get caught eventually and town may mislynch me.
Ah. Well, hopefully Kor still has his to post. You both got the same PM :P

Anyway, that's an intriguing look into how you played.

Oh, if any of the scum want to link their quicktopic, that's up to them.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2182 (isolation #198) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Once again, I apologize to FL for that business about paraphrasing my role PM and not contacting you before to make sure it was okay. :[
Nyeh, I was probably going to allow things as long as it wasn't a direct quote.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2183 (isolation #199) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mirth wrote:I dont have the quick topic nor my pm anymore. I checked.

Corv, no it doesn't answer my question. There was no reason to lie about you having a PR despite what you thought might be mod messing with you.
I have the QT, if you'd like me to post it.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”