Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I really think there is something on evil side of this setup that we didn't understand yet and its scaring me

There should be a massive scum side utility that is doing their job freely right now. in a setup with so many protective and investigations, this just doesn't make sense
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Roden »

Ok if you claimed in the hood early on that changes things

Still unfortunate I got basically nothing done last night then, because my Bodyguard and Vig shot did nothing as well one two three four five six
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:05 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1501, Frozen Angel wrote:I really think there is something on evil side of this setup that we didn't understand yet and its scaring me

There should be a massive scum side utility that is doing their job freely right now. in a setup with so many protective and investigations, this just doesn't make sense
To be fair, both flipped scum kinda just rolled over and died. The set up could have possibly been more scum sided and we just didn't know it because it didn't get utilized.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1492, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 1473, Roden wrote:Angel, if yoiu
really
wanna do this, I don't really care. I already said my flip will prove my alignment and we can scrounge up the experience to rez me once I'm proven town.
I really wanna know why you claimed that vampires are not town and insisted on it even after you claimed you want him dead for your wincondition if you were working on sorting him for real the way you claimed you were

your plays had paradox

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1501, Frozen Angel wrote:I really think there is something on evil side of this setup that we didn't understand yet and its scaring me

In post 1421, jjh927 wrote:Early on in the game, in a hood, I hypothesised that scum might have their own special scum-only skill tree, with a strongman, the engineer at 3 to masquerade as other trees, something else, and a 4th tier ability.

I decided that was wrong since it would only give scum 3 strongmans, but I guess that hypothesis is more likely again now
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1476, jjh927 wrote:To be fair Roden, FA is pushing a pretty valid point in that you explicitly said that vampires are not town aligned and Dunnstral has flipped as entirely town aligned
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm town.
In post 1475, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like how could anyone POSSIBLY PRETEND IN A GAME BASED ON LYING LOLOL
Pooky I can't say "go fuck yourself" because I'm pretty sure that would get me banned but...

You are an ASSHAAT
OPF A FUCKING CLOWN.

So go FUICKING OWN THAT YH)OUIRARTE SUIT AT REEADING ME AFTER I FUICKING FLIP EXACTLY WHAT I AID I WOULD.

I am town.

If I failed my post restriction, I had the
potential
to be a
form
of scum but since I
haven't
failed my posting restriction, I'm town still.

I will own up to being wrong, when push comes to shove.

I will still attempt to read players because I have to.

But I will be upfront in admitting the mistake when push comes to shove.

AND YIOU FUCKING OWE ME FOR YOUR FUCKING GBULLSHIT RIGHT NOW SO FUCKIGUIOWN UP TO IT RIGHT HERE AND NOW AND ASY THAT WHEN I FLCUKIGN FLIP TOWN THAT YOU ARE FUCKIGN SHIT AT R RESAFING ME AND YOU FORFEIT ALL RIGHTS TO REAFING ME IN THE FUTURE.

Because therer is ZERO reason for you to think I am scum here except you being SO FUCKING OFF.
In post 1480, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:in fact there's no way in hell mastina!scum could say to dwlee!scum hey im going to fake l-1 you so you can fake hammer yourself
As a matter of fact?

In fact there is no way in hell scumastina could say that because that's not how scumastina thinks.
In post 1482, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:don't worry
dying isn't actually that bad
been there done that
Oh but it is when WE COULD HAVE A PERFECT GAME BY FUCKING ELIMINATING SCUM TODAY if all the town needs to win is 3 mafia dead.
That, aside from how if there
is
3p shenanigans going around with far fewer town players than we think, losing so much as one town player could in fact actually be bad. The town does not get unlimited eliminations. You said it yourself:
In post 1390, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this game feels super fucking busted if town people can just come back from the dead
i feel like we're getting bamboozled somewhere
If the game is 10:3, the reviving dead town is ridiculously strong.
Since I have the potential to not be town, even generously, that'd be 9:3:1, which is still too strong for the revive dead town.
The chance for there being more shenanigans than we've assumed is
precisely why I refuse to be mislimmed

That, aside from the fact that the last time I was mislimmed was the first game that I almost got banned in, Ali vs Pine.

Literally the last time I got mislimmed was
FOUR FUCKING YEARS AGO
, because my townplay is just. that. damn. obvious. And this is it.
In post 1483, jjh927 wrote:Why would scum actually want Dwlee to 'not realise' it was a fake hammer?
Scum
would
want Dwlee to realize it was a fake hammer, that's my point precisely for why Dwlee not realizing it wasn't a real hammer makes all the members of the sneak neighborhood conftown.
In post 1483, jjh927 wrote: He was already guiltied scum and it's actually +scum to have him on the wagon since it denies town exp
Only if someone hammers after Dwlee L-1s themselves.

If Dwlee left their self-vote on, guess what?

While that denies us one member on the wagon, it allows for the entire rest of the wagon to be what the town chooses it to be. Since Dwlee couldn't cast a hammer vote while already self-voting, that means the only way for the day to end was if the town chose to let the day end and have a wagon composition they were satisfied with.

In other words, Dwlee casting the self-vote without it being an actual hammer was incredibly pro-town because it would let the town choose the other five names on the wagon freely.
In post 1484, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1477, mastina wrote:I literally have it on my flowchart for DAMN FUCKING GOOD REASON,
Yea I'm not going to trust a flow chart written by you for your alignment lol
Okay but you're literally fucking IGNORING TWEN DOZEN OTHER REAONS FOR ME TO BE TOWN that are BEYOND MY ABILITIES that you KNOW are beyond what I do as scum.

That aside from the fact that the fucking flowchart has always remained relevant and accurate for TEN FUCKING YEARS by now.
In post 1488, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like I understand LLD/Titus deciding to throw me out a window cuz lolmechsolve but the shit those other 3 came up with for voting me was literally unbelievably bad and I doubt it came from a town POV
I literally EXPLAINED MY FULL REASONING but you fucking skipped it because lol mastina wallpost so go fucking read.
In post 1485, jjh927 wrote:Why would scum!me not have got on the Dwlee wagon well before your E-1 and just got Dwlee to hammer?
Why would scumastina not have cast a
real
Dwlee vote and just got Dwlee to hammer?
In post 1485, jjh927 wrote:Why would scum!me have got Shiro to res LLD over Pooky
Is there any tangible difference in the order of the resurrections done? A resurrected player is still resurrected no matter if the resurrection was N3 or N4, so resurrecting them in a specific order doesn't shed any light on alignment.
In post 1485, jjh927 wrote:But as an aside I am also proven to have commuted last night phase which would be an interesting move if I was the last scum
Okay and by what rulebook does a Commute disable scum from multitasking?

That it doesn't make flavor sense for scum to kill from out of town?

...No, nothing in Multitasking/Commuter notes from a
mechanics
/
Normal Game
perspective, that a Commuter cannot also kill. A Mafia Commuter cannot kill while commuting if the scum
lack
multitasking, sure! But a Mafia Commuter is, explicitly, completely and entirely permitted to kill if the scum have multitasking.

Something you as a mechanically-oriented player are perfectly aware of.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:07 pm

Post by Roden »

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:08 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm town, no matter how much you desire otherwise.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1504, Frozen Angel wrote:
really
wanna do this, I don't really care. I already said my flip will prove my alignment and we can scrounge up the experience to rez me once I'm proven town.
I really wanna know why you claimed that vampires are not town and insisted on it even after you claimed you want him dead for your wincondition if you were working on sorting him for real the way you claimed you were

your plays had paradox
In post 1506, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1476, jjh927 wrote:To be fair Roden, FA is pushing a pretty valid point in that you explicitly said that vampires are not town aligned and Dunnstral has flipped as entirely town aligned
Because something fucky is going on. I know how it looks and I don't have a satisfying answer.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:10 pm

Post by Roden »

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

But yeah if scum have a skill tree then I'd hazard a guess that their 4th tier ability is an alignment changer, but we can figure that part out if we lim a third scum and the game doesn't end
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by Yume »

I am kinda lost, lol.

I don't know who to trust anymore. *shrugs*
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:13 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1510, Roden wrote:
In post 1504, Frozen Angel wrote:
really

your plays had paradox
In post 1506, jjh927 wrote:
Because something fucky is going on. I know how it looks and I don't have a satisfying answer.
what do you mean by something fucky is going on just explain everything that's going through your mind about it. Let us evaluate if its satisfying or not ourselves

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:13 pm

Post by Yume »

So I guess I will sheep the guilty for now and go from there.

VOTE: mastina
Show

Mah best game

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1489, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:her argument about dwlee conftowning her like YOU CAN GET YOUR SCUMBUDDY TO CONFTOWN YOU IN THREAD IS A FUCKING JOKE AND I CANT BELIEVE ANYONE COULD TAKE IT SERIOUSLY FOR EVEN TWO SECONDS.
This is me. My logic. I'm town but my logic is still there and valid; saying it isn't doesn't make it not valid it just makes you a fucking asshole.
In post 1494, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its such a level of absurdity that I don't understand how a rational human being could possibly believe it.
Then READ MY FUCKING POSTS instead of fucking skimming and skipping and assuming and letting your fucking bias cloud your judgement.

This is how I think.
In post 1494, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like "I'm conftown because this scum player didn't know something I said in a hood"
Yes!

That's not shit logic.

That's actually clearing.

That you think otherwise is a problem with YOU.

Not with me.

(As for the rest I've already addressed it in prior posts so if you wanna keep revomiting the argument read my fucking posts.)
In post 1491, jjh927 wrote:Indeed, and yet when I called it disingenuous Mastina threw the "no u" at me
Because it
is
disingenuous as fuck, that's why I'm so fucking pissed at Pooky.

YOU arguing that I'm making shit up is you playing to the scum wincon.

POOKY arguing it is him being a fucking assclown because he's town and he should fucking know better.

Pooky backing you up doesn't make the point be any less disingenuous-as-fuck.
It makes Pooky just be a fuck and you a scumfuck.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm town, yes, no matter how much you desire otherwise.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:15 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1515, Yume wrote:So I guess I will sheep the guilty for now and go from there.

VOTE: mastina
Just no. Its not a guilty right now. wait for the mod to come online and clarify my questions about it

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by Yume »

My head hurts.
Show

Mah best game

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1507, mastina wrote:
In post 1483, jjh927 wrote:Why would scum actually want Dwlee to 'not realise' it was a fake hammer?
Scum
would
want Dwlee to realize it was a fake hammer, that's my point precisely for why Dwlee not realizing it wasn't a real hammer makes all the members of the sneak neighborhood conftown.
I mean, as you can see from my point immediately following, I just didn't parse my sentence right. Dwlee being on wagon was something scum would actually want.
In post 1483, jjh927 wrote: He was already guiltied scum and it's actually +scum to have him on the wagon since it denies town exp
Only if someone hammers after Dwlee L-1s themselves.

If Dwlee left their self-vote on, guess what?

While that denies us one member on the wagon, it allows for the entire rest of the wagon to be what the town chooses it to be. Since Dwlee couldn't cast a hammer vote while already self-voting, that means the only way for the day to end was if the town chose to let the day end and have a wagon composition they were satisfied with.

In other words, Dwlee casting the self-vote without it being an actual hammer was incredibly pro-town because it would let the town choose the other five names on the wagon freely.
I don't recall that happening. What actually happened was a vote fairly quickly afterwards and the day ending. What was happening BEFORE Dwlee voted was that we were already dictating who should or should not be on the wagon. Except, that Dwlee wasn't on the wagon before. It wasn't protown at all and you're justifying it very badly post-hoc.
In post 1485, jjh927 wrote:Why would scum!me not have got on the Dwlee wagon well before your E-1 and just got Dwlee to hammer?
Why would scumastina not have cast a
real
Dwlee vote and just got Dwlee to hammer?
Because I don't think anyone wanted you to be on the wagon and that would look bad for you.
In post 1485, jjh927 wrote:Why would scum!me have got Shiro to res LLD over Pooky
Is there any tangible difference in the order of the resurrections done? A resurrected player is still resurrected no matter if the resurrection was N3 or N4, so resurrecting them in a specific order doesn't shed any light on alignment.
Yeah but maybe think about the question here. I wanted to talk reads with LLD because I thought LLD would actually read the game and then provide me with a different perspective but the only read she has discussed in any detail at all is me, and she's wrong. I should have had pooky resed even though I figured he was unlikely to read the game and would probably just agree with me because we have a very similar perspective. For scum!me that deliberation process would have gone the exact opposite way because ressing pooky a day earlier would increase my influence.
In post 1485, jjh927 wrote:But as an aside I am also proven to have commuted last night phase which would be an interesting move if I was the last scum
Okay and by what rulebook does a Commute disable scum from multitasking?

That it doesn't make flavor sense for scum to kill from out of town?

...No, nothing in Multitasking/Commuter notes from a
mechanics
/
Normal Game
perspective, that a Commuter cannot also kill. A Mafia Commuter cannot kill while commuting if the scum
lack
multitasking, sure! But a Mafia Commuter is, explicitly, completely and entirely permitted to kill if the scum have multitasking.

Something you as a mechanically-oriented player are perfectly aware of.
I have literally never seen a multi-tasking commuter. Commuter is a role that explicitly cannot act when it activates. And to flip that back on you- you know that.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:20 pm

Post by Enchant »

I am more in mood to chop confirmed liar in Roden face.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1499, Frozen Angel wrote:OH btw we also need to be aware of the possibility of tailor-type roles now that we have revives. Its best to not rely on that mechanic too much and just solve the game without considering it exists and allow town to naturally decide if they want revive or not on someone.
^Part of why I'm not going to let myself die when we could fucking win the game today by eliminating scum, which is probably just jjh.
In post 1496, jjh927 wrote:Your claim and your night actions can be ignored in their entirety because they don't conftown you
Except they do.

My role can
literally not be a scum role
. I'm town, it's literally required.

Roden even
said
as much after asking about my role and me giving the specifics.

The way I handled my night actions is also something I'm incapable of doing as scum, too.
In post 1496, jjh927 wrote:The neighbourhoods actions are fine
And thus should clear me.
In post 1497, jjh927 wrote:whereas no aspect of your claim does
My claim clears me because a mafiate converting to a werewolf doesn't fit, the flavor of my picks and my role doesn't fit with a mafiate converting to a werewolf, and my picks and the flavor and the role have the
prerequisite of me being town
. Literally, the wording requires it of me to be town. My role is literally, "If I post, I'm town". That's why I have to fucking say I'm town in every post; if I don't say I'm town, I stop being town. That wouldn't happen if I was never town to begin with because me posting is
tied to a town alignment
per the flavor. (I feel the need to reiterate this to the listmods that I'm talking about my submissions here and this is not a statement applicable outside of this game.)

More than that, my usage of it does.

Especially if I was given the time to paraphrase my neighborhood posting, you'd see that I literally
said
after the Dwlee-fell-for-it, "Boy oh boy I never thought that I would love a troll role as much as in this game, and as per the usual, leave it to a town mastina to turn what was meant to be a troll role into a role that is gamebreakingly strong.

Dunn/Roden still has some form of wackiness in it, but neither is scum with Dwlee; I am not scum with Dwlee, and Frozen Angel is not scum with Dwlee."

That's something I fucking said after Dwlee got got. That's not something I think about as scum,
especially
given I was phoneposting at the time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:23 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm town, yes, so bloody eliminate jjh for his shitpush next.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:26 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I mean, your role is built around you being a liar. Having to say "I'm town" every other post doesn't mean you are town? Becoming a 3p as scum is a possible scenario. It might also be that you did actually skew your claim a bit here, because while you don't fakeclaim unless absolutely necessary, sometimes it is necessary to skew details that would literally confirm you as scum to being things that make sense if you are town

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”