Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2086, Datisi wrote:also like, no i don't really care about what was said or wasn't said in hoods because those things are a breeding ground for crappy pockets, so.
lmaooo like, I understand sure easy to pocket people in hoods, but like when your partner is actively solving with you... it's just like, you agree with their logic.. yall are on the same page... finding maf together... I don't see the problem with liking hoods??

why would datisi say this though if he's SRing me? like, I thought I was maf here, are you trying to make me paranoid of Ginngie?? like, Datisi is pushing me just to push me, and he KNOWS I don't work well under pressure so that's literally all he's trying to do here with me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2121, mykonian wrote:
In post 2107, Lukewarm wrote:mala posting 6 posts is suspicious, but unconcerned by the 9 of Dunn, 8 from me, or the 18 from fire.

Like, it feels so arbitrary the conclusions that you are pulling from these numbers
Mala didn't post much in thread. Dunn did. I don't think they are alike. Does it bother you your dance partner might be scum? I don't think this was a fight worth picking. Why does Mala have more posts there than you? You are solidly more active here as well than she is.

Also Dunn was in the center of attention for a fair bit and I could see him blow off steam in the PT there.
What? Mala doesn't have more posts then me.

I'm saying that your points seem completely arbitrary and don't make sense to me. Both on the surface of looking at the numbers, nor at looking at what you are saying.

You concluded that you thought Mala might be trying to influence me, but she has completely ghosted that PT.

You concluded that Datisi making 4 posts about reads would be scummy, except for the fact that Dunn started. Which feels contrary to my expectations for both of those players. Datisi in particular, I would have expected to be very active about reads in the PT regardless of alignment - the 4 is fairly surprisingly low, and the only reason I don't find that particularly scummy is that he was away from the main thread as well due to real life.

You lead in the post by saying once one person starts posting, you would expect the other to "Now, the moment one person starts posting reads there, the other follows, that's just natural."

But when you see Cephrir and Fire being approximately equal, you don't seem to stop and wonder who started the exchange to ramp up to that number.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Bell »

Sure, Andante, but does scum you work well under pressure?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2127, Bell wrote:Sure, Andante, but does scum you work well under pressure?
idk, I'm town here, and I can tell yall I HATE all this pressure when I'm genuinely trying my best, like, it's just frustrating, that's for sure, cause I feel like I should be an easy TR right now... and the fact no one does?? I mean I have one of yall going like "andante expects her personality to carry her" like... EXCUSE ME???? sorry you hate my personality?? but I'm town here, and working on collecting my thoughts and making them more "comprehendible" for yall
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:01 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2126, Lukewarm wrote:You concluded that you thought Mala might be trying to influence me, but she has completely ghosted that PT.
yup.
In post 2126, Lukewarm wrote:But when you see Cephrir and Fire being approximately equal, you don't seem to stop and wonder who started the exchange to ramp up to that number.

Because I don't think it's reasonable for someone to post half the posts in this thread, and then the same in the PT. I'd expect the activities to be related.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Bell »

Don't tell me you don't know.
You know what your own scum game is like.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Bell and Cephrir, remember when you said that Myko was town for pairing with Enchant because he was planning to leave with Enchant. Does the fact that he actually transitioned to a town read on him, and was not actually going to leave with Enchant influence that at all?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:03 am

Post by mykonian »

so out of all that information I posted, about everybody, you spend 5 posts hardcore defending mala.

You are the first person to have a good read on her then, I'd say. Enlighten us.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Andante »

I mean, yes I know what my scumgame is like, but me discussing it here makes it irrelevent, if I give you my scum "meta" I can easily change it, feel free to go look at my "most recent" scum game of The Fish in The Sea, I'm a good scum player, uhhh idk what to tell you
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2132, mykonian wrote:so out of all that information I posted, about everybody, you spend 5 posts hardcore defending mala.

You are the first person to have a good read on her then, I'd say. Enlighten us.
I am not defending Mala.

I am trying to make sense of your positioning, and struggling to do so.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Bell »

Sure, but you can't change it right now because your posts have already been made. I'm asking if you play well as scum under pressure in a way that town you does not.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2131, Lukewarm wrote:Bell and Cephrir, remember when you said that Myko was town for pairing with Enchant because he was planning to leave with Enchant. Does the fact that he actually transitioned to a town read on him, and was not actually going to leave with Enchant influence that at all?
Did he transition to a town read on him after being paired up and was planning to kill them initially?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Andante »

as scum I'm like never under pressure, last dance game I was scum!! uhhh I don't remember what I did though, I was barely here and there were a million posts... uhh I tried to 1v1 nancy to spam the thread!! but yeah, I'm like never under pressure as scum?? idk what you're going at bell
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:08 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2107, Lukewarm wrote:mala posting 6 posts is suspicious, but unconcerned by the 9 of Dunn, 8 from me, or the 18 from fire.

Like, it feels so arbitrary the conclusions that you are pulling from these numbers
This is defending Mala.
In post 2112, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2107, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2104, mykonian wrote:
Spoiler:
cool, ty. Fresh data!

Datisi: 4,
Dunntisi: 9?
Ginngie: 18
Andante: 20 since Ginngie joined
Myko: 0
Enchant: 1
Luke: 8
Mala: 6
Fireisred 18
cephrir 18

so I've done some neighbourhood games, and I imagine most of you have as well. At least Datisi is aware. I don't think posting reads in a PT is townie, and the times I was scum in a neighbourhood I loved doing it. There was one townie and you could just give them just enough reads that they could see where you were coming from and just enough opposition that they didn't think they were being played. Now, the moment one person starts posting reads there, the other follows, that's just natural. And I could see how some people who are already overflowing in the thread might transfer that to the PT because this game was boring.

Not to say I'm town for this. Enchant just isn't a great discussion partner for mafia, and we ended up discussing videogames and video game music.

I'm not bothered by Andante either. They are spinning their wheels clearly, the game just doesn't have enough input. For people thinking this is some scum ploy, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88375 gives a view of Andante scum. Completely different. What we are seeing here is Andante going slightly mad with the game, not them being scum. Ginn however apparently exploded in that PT and does a bit to erode the townread I had on prism and ginn in general.

Not as worried by luke either. Esspecially yesterday he seemed a bit searching with his reads and I could see this transfer. Mala however, I tend to struggle to figure out where she exactly stands and this might be scum trying to influence Luke.

Datisi and dunnstral aren't that surprising to me. I could see that Dunn posts a bit more about reads when they were under pressure yesterday, and Dat would follow suit. Even given the awareness of Dat that the PT's are a bit of a minefield, this doesn't seem extraordinary to me.

Cephrir and Fire: That's a lot of posts, and the show Cephrir made of passing their reads on yesterday (were they that certain fire was town, otherwise they could just have done it in the main thread) doesn't sit right with me. Fire also has an amount beyond what I would think reasonable, but based on relative wordiness* (completely subjective) from this analysis I'd think it more likely that Cephrir was the scum of this partnership.

Just boring numbers, but: cephrir, ginngie, mala are people I need to pay more attention to. Which is annoying because by plain reads I'd go with fire, luke, mala, dat, roundabout in that order.
mala posting 6 posts is suspicious, but unconcerned by the 9 of Dunn, 8 from me, or the 18 from fire.

Also, I feel like you did not get enough info to make any infrences?

Like, you decided that it made sense that I was talking based off of my play last phase, and you thought Mala was influencing me in that time. But actually, neither one of us used the pt at all during last phase. The last post made in the PT was from before the Ydra flip
This is only about Mala.

In post 2115, Lukewarm wrote:Also, Mala kinda peetered out as well. The last couple posts were both me.
Explaining for Mala that you really didn't post that much in the thread.

In post 2116, Lukewarm wrote:I feel like I would have used it a lot more with a different dance partner tbh
"it'd be so natural to use the PT, it's not evidence"

In post 2126, Lukewarm wrote:What? Mala doesn't have more posts then me.

I'm saying that your points seem completely arbitrary and don't make sense to me. Both on the surface of looking at the numbers, nor at looking at what you are saying.

You concluded that you thought Mala might be trying to influence me, but she has completely ghosted that PT.

You concluded that Datisi making 4 posts about reads would be scummy, except for the fact that Dunn started. Which feels contrary to my expectations for both of those players. Datisi in particular, I would have expected to be very active about reads in the PT regardless of alignment - the 4 is fairly surprisingly low, and the only reason I don't find that particularly scummy is that he was away from the main thread as well due to real life.

You lead in the post by saying once one person starts posting, you would expect the other to "Now, the moment one person starts posting reads there, the other follows, that's just natural."

But when you see Cephrir and Fire being approximately equal, you don't seem to stop and wonder who started the exchange to ramp up to that number.
First thing on your mind? MALA. And then the comparison with Dunn, of course. And the comparison with Ceph and fire. But what's the thing you start with? Mala.

I'm not exaggerating, you spam post 5 posts defending Mala. This isn't about reading me, this is about defending mala. And it's hardly that she's the main push of mine given I'm voting Fire.

So Luke, where is this mala read coming from. Because I'm pretty certain she's null to the rest of the town, and you seem pretty convinced.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Andante »

@everyone

maf me, last dance game
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88375

there you go. and now I'm done with the meta talk. yes 300 pages... wow... so representative of my scum abilities!!!

alright, I'm done with that talk
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2139, Andante wrote:@everyone

maf me, last dance game
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88375

there you go. and now I'm done with the meta talk. yes 300 pages... wow... so representative of my scum abilities!!!

alright, I'm done with that talk
That's also a town!Datisi game... and datisi is very different here sooooo
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:11 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2104, mykonian wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88375 gives a view of Andante scum.
way ahead of you.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2137, Andante wrote:as scum I'm like never under pressure, last dance game I was scum!! uhhh I don't remember what I did though, I was barely here and there were a million posts... uhh I tried to 1v1 nancy to spam the thread!! but yeah, I'm like never under pressure as scum?? idk what you're going at bell
you spent the first 20 posts talking about how you were under pressure and suspected by 3 other players.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2141, mykonian wrote:
In post 2104, mykonian wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88375 gives a view of Andante scum.
way ahead of you.
AYYYY I missed that lol, although like to be fair, I got lost with the sheer number of posts that game, so like it's not a good representaion of my scum abilities... but I just skimmed that now, like, if I remember that game, I was scared to commit to giving any reads, then like here, I've been laying out my full thought process... I have a partner who talks to me? ok I'm talking back, like we're almost to 100 posts in that PT... then whenever I look here it's people like "ANDANTE DIDN'T DO THIS!! MAF!!!" like geniuses.. I told yall I was busy.. there's literally 2 weeks left in the semester... doing what I can here, and I'm scared of giving thoughts here, so I just share with Ginngie, and she's helping me feel better about my reads sooo yeah good stuff.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2136, Bell wrote:
In post 2131, Lukewarm wrote:Bell and Cephrir, remember when you said that Myko was town for pairing with Enchant because he was planning to leave with Enchant. Does the fact that he actually transitioned to a town read on him, and was not actually going to leave with Enchant influence that at all?
Did he transition to a town read on him after being paired up and was planning to kill them initially?
I am not sure I am following, and possibly you misunderstood what I was saying.

I started arguing that Myko was scummy last phase, and when doing so I felt like you and ceph shut it down because Myko paired with Enchant and appeared to be planning to leave with Enchant.

Spoiler:
In post 1667, Bell wrote:Mostly because their entire persentation of themselves has an air of conceit and contempt and Enchant is an obvious example of the type of player myko would murder if they’re trying to appear consistent?
In post 1677, Bell wrote:I guess to explain my simple assumption.
@lukewarm.
If Myko comes into a game and introduces themselves as someone who does not like the color red.
And then a thing that is red in color appears.
I would expect myko not to like the red part of the thing that appears.

They’ve been surprisingly mercurial about that though.

Spoiler:
In post 1657, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1651, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1635, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1609, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1589, Lukewarm wrote:I am vaguely against Bell proposing to myko, because I want to kill myko and enchant tomorrow.
idk i kinda think myko is town
There have been a lot of posts that I didn't like.

Want to talk about why you think they are town?
sure. i think the main reason was his plan to pair with enchant, firstly at all (enchant is probably the worst partner scum could ask for if he's town), and secondly apparently with the intention of suiciding on him. i think i liked at least one post for content reasons recently. ill look for that
In post 1665, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1662, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1657, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1651, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1635, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1609, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1589, Lukewarm wrote:I am vaguely against Bell proposing to myko, because I want to kill myko and enchant tomorrow.
idk i kinda think myko is town
There have been a lot of posts that I didn't like.

Want to talk about why you think they are town?
sure. i think the main reason was his plan to pair with enchant, firstly at all (enchant is probably the worst partner scum could ask for if he's town), and secondly apparently with the intention of suiciding on him. i think i liked at least one post for content reasons recently. ill look for that
What made you think that he was intending to leave with Enchant? What I saw was him refuse to answer the question.
i think something he said a while ago made me think this, not his recent question dodge.

I am now saying that it is clear that he was not planning to do that, and asking if that influences either of your reads on him
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2142, Bell wrote:
In post 2137, Andante wrote:as scum I'm like never under pressure, last dance game I was scum!! uhhh I don't remember what I did though, I was barely here and there were a million posts... uhh I tried to 1v1 nancy to spam the thread!! but yeah, I'm like never under pressure as scum?? idk what you're going at bell
you spent the first 20 posts talking about how you were under pressure and suspected by 3 other players.
with a "lol who cares" attitude, so I don't get the point?? that also was not pressure. pressure is people voting you
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Bell »

It would be sort of interesting to see if I could list the exact specific reasons I was town reading someone and have them get debunked.

It alters my read on them yes, but I'm not sure I can reach a conclusion from that insight. I thought Myko would have contempt for enchant based on their presentation, so when they offered to dance and they did not start with announcing they ere town reading them, I took it as either a moment of desperation or someone going in with a plan. What were their reasons for pairing with enchant?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2145, Andante wrote:
with a "lol who cares" attitude, so I don't get the point?? that also was not pressure. pressure is people voting you
That came in the net few posts and there's a parallel with how you approach my suspicion of you in that you also acted nonchalant in an exaggerated manner in both games. It would be difficult not to see it as a bluff. Since the posts are ust designed to say "I don't care" and don't say anything else.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2147, Bell wrote:
In post 2145, Andante wrote:
That came in the net few posts and there's a parallel with how you approach my suspicion of you in that you also acted nonchalant in an exaggerated manner in both games. It would be difficult not to see it as a bluff. Since the posts are ust designed to say "I don't care" and don't say anything else.
what about me this game has said "lol i don't care"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Andante »

WAIT... OTHER THAN THAT NIGHT I FREAKED OUT... That was "I'm gonna openwolf as town cause I don't care about this right now"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”