UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:00 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 399, Fenchurch wrote:Wenna - that's a lot of general description without anything specific. CES even said he was most interested in how you see me as 'twisting' but you only specify Postie in your response. What is it that puts me at the top of your suspicions?
The first line is answering the first question (RE CES and "alignment-relevant").
The second line answers the second question (RE Fenchurch).
The third line re-answers the second question (RE Fenchurch).
The fourth line is re-considering/re-answering the first question (RE CES).
The fifth line is attempting to say something alignment-relevant about being "cunning" and "twisting" (RE Fenchurch, CES and "alignment-relevant")
The sixth line is answering the third question (RE Postie).

I may have only mentioned Postie by name, but I believe that it is all clearly inferred, and the response turned out to be weighted in line with CES's interest: Fenchurch, CES, Postie. I only said one line about Postie - most of it was about Fenchurch.

This is also sort of what I mean by Fenchurch "twisting". Whilst it is correct that I only mention Postie by name, I said a lot about "twisting", which related directly to Fenchurch/CES's question about Fenchurch. There have been a lot of instances of this sort of thing, and that is why Fenchurch is top of my suspicions.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:09 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Okay - apologies, I honestly didn’t realise that. If the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs are about me, can you give some examples from the game? Where did you feel that I’ve presented a different view to what I’ve really felt?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:20 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (1)
: Postie
Nexus (1):
Fenchurch
Porochaz (1):
cpol

Not voting (5):
Cogito Ergo Sum, Nexus, Porochaz, Primate, Wenna

Activity

Primate
has been prodded.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-16 09:00:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:28 am

Post by Postie »

Appreciate the catch up, Poro.
Still disagree about the potato stuff, but ehhh I guess I'll avoid arguing about it for now for the sake of not getting us stuck in that discussion again.
In post 386, Porochaz wrote:Klick is an odd nk as I would have been looking strongly at him today
Explain please?
In post 388, Porochaz wrote:In terms of my reads, since the Fen/Postie discussion Fen did something that made me go "oh, she is definitely town" and whilst I haven't based my reads completely on that it has influenced things somewhat.
So, what was that? Is there a reason you're not stating it outright?

And yeah I have a huge problem with tunneling when I'm town, which is why I've slightly eased up on cpol while I sort through my thoughts there in light of some town pings. But I also have a problem with going from convinced someone is scum to becoming convinced they're town, and that has fucked me over a few times with scum players, so I'm at like peak paranoia with cpol right now. o_e

Uhh I'll need people to sell me on a massclaim cause I'm not great with Set Up Strategy TM

@CES
-
What are your reads

I can see maybe a single townread in your ISO from the alive players? What are your reads on the people scumreading you? Do you have any scumreads? Give me
something
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

wrt Klick it was the veracity of him looking for a potential potato town vendor initially. Beyond that I feel like that the post:content ratio has been off, it's very surface level, which is somewhat I ironic I guess since he said that about me, I haven't really been able to see what the motive is behind his posts. Then there was the bypassing of Menno's quickexecution, saying the rest of his posts were good. They weren't, Menno even says themselves they weren't good. I didn't think Menno looked down and Klick's defence of them by extension looked extremely scummy.

To be honest wrt Fenchurch I can't remember what ticked me over. I believe looking back it was 182, plus the fact she has been one of the few actively scumhunting outwith potato spec. Looking back there are a few statements that make me want to clarify Fen's stances now since Menno flipped town and as she puts in that post there was a less than 1% chance that Menno would be town. So Fen, how have your reads changed since Menno flipped town?

And to answer Fen's question, I did wonder if it was a potential myeo (Im guessing acronyms have to be changed as well), I have no issue in claiming.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 6:00 am

Post by cpol »

In post 399, Fenchurch wrote:
Everyone
- I've just been thinking, in a 13 player game is it most likely that we have a 3-person scum team? In which case, if we wrongly execute today then we lose. Should we massclaim - popcorn from CES?
I think both Postie and I have raised that concern now as well. I can see it being a possibility myself, and at think point my reads are that you two are the most likely to be town, so would advocate playing on the side of caution.

I’m happy with a mass claim. I think we have at least 3 out in the open now anyway. Even if we don’t want to do that, given that we are possibly at a position where we must hit scum, townies with useful information should probably come forward – if there are any left. We’ve lost a few power roles already.

@CES
– what are your thoughts on Primate?
@Primate
– why were you struggling to get in to the game D2? Are you feeling the same way now? Are you up for a mass claim?

VOTE: Unvote
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:26 am

Post by Primate »

I'm alive.
In post 405, cpol wrote:Are you up for a mass claim
Yep. I actively think we should do it.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 3:38 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

We probably should.

I'll popcorn to Nexus.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:03 am

In terms of my reads, I feel like the only thing I'm currently confident of is that cpol is town; he's seemed genuine throughout and some of his stuff would've required some real creativity to come up with as scum.

Postie and Poro I also lean town on for very different reasons - there's a bunch of details in Poro's posts that have made a lot of sense to me (e.g. the observation about not being invested on Day 1 in ); Postie on the other hand feels a lot more foreign to me but I think her level of flip-flopping is unlikely to come from scum.

Primate and Fenchurch I'm still mostly clueless on. I think the unfortunate thing with Fenchurch is that I know and she knows that she would always find the McMenno quickexecution superscummy, so the response to unquestionably the biggest event of the game just has NULL TELL painted all over it.

Which leaves me with Nexus and Wenna, who have been pretty lurkerish. My initial reaction to being left with them as my top suspects was definitely a sense of having gone amiss somewhere but lurking has basically been a good scum strategy throughout the game? Don't get noticed by consuls; just let the McMennowagon happen? Nexus definitely fits that particular profile.

My main issue with Wenna is that she's mostly been talking in very general terms. The transition from real-life to forum explains some of it but even in real-life I'd expect people to discuss things in terms of concrete things that happened more than Wenna has done. It's easier for scum to talk abstractly than concretely (because concretely you know the alignment of the person posting), e.g. the only posts Wenna has dissected are her own. and also really feel weird to me because both #397's description of Fenchurch as twisting doesn't resonate at all with me in terms of describing Fenchurch's play (I think her play has been pretty straightforward) and then when pushed Wenna basically just accuses Fenchurch of twisting words even though ostensibly that's not Wenna meant by "twisting".

cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:29 am

Post by cpol »

@CES
- That Primate post just before yours leaves you 'mostly clueless' still? Especially when you consider Nexus and Wenna as 'pretty lurkerish' straight afterwards? Am I to assume then that you are happy with their level of posting over the last couple of in game days?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Nexus »

I mean, I tried to counterwagon the McMenno wagon with you, my dude.

I am the
Whodunnit yarn wall
, VT. Hence my apathy. It's boring being VT in a theme game.
Trans rights are human rights.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:54 am

Post by cpol »

In post 410, Nexus wrote:I mean, I tried to counterwagon the McMenno wagon with you, my dude.
Tried to counterwagon with who sorry?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Nexus »

Popcorn to Fenchurch

pedit: CES
Trans rights are human rights.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:30 am

Post by cpol »

Ahh I see, I read 'with you' as 'alongside you' rather than 'by voting for you'. Carry on.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Wenna »

I am McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour, Vanilla Townie.

The reason I was so absent is because I had a lot of real life going on and am new to online.

I have tried to get into it in the very little spare time I have, but by the time I did, it was all conversation I wasn't really that enamoured with (which I have been vocal about, and tried to shut down/re-steer (or at least joke about).
In post 408, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's easier for scum to talk abstractly than concretely (because concretely you know the alignment of the person posting)
I do not understand CES's logic here. I speak with hypotheses and in general terms because I do not know anything concretely - not the opposite. As I said, I am a VT - I know nothing (yet I suspect many things, and I have tried to explain them as best I can). There is so much to read and dissect, it is far simpler to summarise. Most thoughts have become overarching ideologies at this point, rather than an ever-growing list of evidence.

When I gave CES some requested evidence, he rebranded it in an attempt to make me not look town:
In post 394, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Can you give any (alignment-relevant) examples of me being cunning? Or Fen twisting words (I assume that's what you mean)?
In post 408, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:and then when pushed Wenna basically just accuses Fenchurch of twisting words even though ostensibly that's not Wenna meant by "twisting".

This is why I described CES as cunning, and why I do not see CES as town at all. Everything I said was clear:
In post 397, Wenna wrote:By twisting I meant more twisting narrative.
More, but not exclusively.
In post 400, Wenna wrote:This is also sort of what I mean by Fenchurch "twisting" ... There have been a lot of instances of this sort of thing, and that is why Fenchurch is top of my suspicions.
I said in my post that "this is also sort of what I meant by" Fenchurch twisting and CES takes this and states that when I was "pushed" I "accuse[d] Fenchurch of twisting words even though ostensibly that's not
meant by 'twisting'."

CES and Fenchurch are my top votes, in that order.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:28 am

In post 409, cpol wrote:
@CES
- That Primate post just before yours leaves you 'mostly clueless' still? Especially when you consider Nexus and Wenna as 'pretty lurkerish' straight afterwards? Am I to assume then that you are happy with their level of posting over the last couple of in game days?
Sorry if it was unclear, but I don't think the lurking itself is particularly scummy. I think the way Nexus has played the game is pretty consistent with a scum lurker (e.g. I think a scum lurker is more likely to want to avoid the scrutiny of being responsible misexecution). I don't think Primate has played that way; I think he just hasn't posted enough for me to get a real read on him.
In post 414, Wenna wrote:I do not understand CES's logic here. I speak with hypotheses and in general terms because I do not know anything concretely - not the opposite. As I said, I am a VT - I know nothing (yet I suspect many things, and I have tried to explain them as best I can). There is so much to read and dissect, it is far simpler to summarise. Most thoughts have become overarching ideologies at this point, rather than an ever-growing list of evidence.
You know concretely what you've read. If you're town, your hypotheses haven't come from thin air, they come from specific things people have posted and e.g. without tying it to anything Fenchurch has actually posted your accusation that's she's been twisting is not something I can understand let alone believe.

Can you give examples of Fenchurch twisting? Preferably the A to B to C type of twisting.

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I am
Titus
, the powerful yet doomed gladiator from the murder mystery… I’m a VT. My initial reaction, that I mentioned in my first post, is that this doesn’t seem believable because Titus doesn’t sound like a VT. But then all the VT flips have been slightly wacky stuff so…:shrug:

Popcorn to Primate.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 415, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Can you give examples of Fenchurch twisting? Preferably the A to B to C type of twisting.
This (?)
In post 344, Fenchurch wrote:Thanks Postie for asking that question and Cpol for answering... I didn't realise until now that I had been bothered by the same contradiction.
I felt like the questions lead to answers Fenchurch knew all along, and wanted to draw from the others. By stating half ideas and then asking leading questions. I imagined Fenchurch having more fully formed thoughts and steering people. It was the Postie/Fenchurch in the beginning that triggered this viewpoint.

But then if I imagine Fenchurch saying this IRL, it seems much more ordinary: gives idea, pushes for your idea [repeat].
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Primate »

(I think it's just poro and postie left?)

I'm a Mandarin covered in Sellotape. Vanilla. (I don't actually know what this is a reference to, my best guess would be the late night post restriction mafia game, or possibly when you were talking about playing cricket?)

Poro next.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Porochaz »

I am Bernhard Piemann, vanilla townie,

Postie next
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Postie »

I am
Baby Izzy, Non-Ambulating Jailkeeper

Basically, I'm a Jailkeeper that can only target within one thingy of my previous target on the list of living players (top and bottom of the list are considered next to each other)

I think even if I just claim my first target, scum can probably work out who my next potential targets are for this night, so I don't really want to claim who I've targeted so far. Though if there's a particularly compelling reason to do so I haven't considered, I could be convinced.
I
can
tell you that I don't believe I stopped a kill on night 1, in case there's any confusion on that considering the flavour with the stink bug card on the night 1 deaths.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Primate »

That was less useful than I was hoping for.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by Primate »

This does mean candles are a scum mechanic, which is probably good for CES.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:21 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Well it confirms that the potato vendor is scum, and in that case, why did they save Cpol? I can't quite make sense of it either way. If Cpol is town, surely they benefit from letting him die? The only reason to save him is if they are intending to claim town potato vendor, which they have not done.

Then again, Cpol is scum, then why give his potato away in the first place? I guess it could have been a gambit whereby he either thought he would get it back and/or that the whole action would reflect more positively.

Overall, it does make me slightly more suspicious of Cpol.

CES
- you said you thought it was reasonable for a scum-potato to save town-Cpol. Can you explain why?
Primate wrote:This does mean candles are a scum mechanic, which is probably good for CES.
Hmm, I'd forgotten about the candles. What is the connection to CES?

Is there a chance that they are meant to represent the number of town currently alive?! We started with 10, then 3 went out the first night - which matched 3 deaths. Then 1 went out the second night after there had been 2 deaths. Could it mean that Menno was actually scum?? That is me stretching... I think CDB is unlikely to put fake-reveal stuff like that in a game.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:01 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Summary of the claims

Dead:

Bellaphant - TOWN MAYOR ‘the mayor from BOTC’
mykonian - TOWN BLUFFING VIG, ‘cockroach poker player’
Takuma - TOWN BLACKMAILING INVENTORMAKER, ‘trader livinius’
McMenno - TOWN VT 'the karaoke that didn't happen'
Klick - TOWN INVENTOR, ‘making things out of cheese’

Alive:

cpol - VT, Eight people watching one game of hive
CES - Consul-maker, the people who saw us dressed as romans
Wenna - VT, McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour
Nexus - VT, The whodunnit yarn wall
Fenchurch - VT, Titus the gladiator
Primate - VT, A mandarin covered in sellotape
Porochaz - VT, Bernhard Piemann
Postie - Non-ambulating Jailkeeper, Baby Izzy

To answer the question about the reinforced mandarin, we made to play catch outside after the barbecue... for about 2 minutes until it rolled into an unreachable space under the decking.

Who is Bernhard Piemann?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”