Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1497, syugar wrote:VOTE: Bella

This is what I wanted all along, sorry to be so elliptical about it.
This post makes me feel sick to my stomach.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1500, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1497, syugar wrote:VOTE: Bella

This is what I wanted all along, sorry to be so elliptical about it.
This post makes me feel sick to my stomach.
It probably should, I'm voting to eliminate someone who I feel is more likely to be town for strategical reasons. It isn't really intuitive.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1498, syugar wrote:
In post 1496, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1493, syugar wrote:The empathetic answer to this concern is that this is literally one of the hardest town games I've played in the last two years. It was out of my comprehension that this gamestate would even exist, and if you really distrust that a towny wouldn't know what to do here I'm not sure how that can be shaken. Freezing close to elo also isn't even uncommon for him, certainly not out of townrange by a long shot. He has confidence and choking issues.
It was not limited to this day phase. This that I noticed on day 3 was part of that thought
In post 1038, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1034, catboi wrote:
In post 1025, Lukewarm wrote:I feel like we should wait for catboi to finish what he is doing before we kill gm here
not sure what I'm doing has a ton of value but we can at least give gm a chance for a defense
You seem to be really down on your solving abilities this game - and I am not quite sure how to interact with it.

I for one have a high opinion of your reads, and am interested in seeing them - I mean our first ever game together you managed to single handedly turn the game direction around to killing the last scum, despite the entire rest of the thread thinking they were confirmed town.

T02 also seemed interested in getting your reads this day phase.
Don't really know if that's proper, there are a lot of things he could've meant by that, but I still don't find it unusual
It once again feels like I am completely unable to communicate with you.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1502, Lukewarm wrote:It once again feels like I am completely unable to communicate with you.
Okay, honestly, how strong do you suspect him? I can't even wrap my head around it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, your response feels like you think that the thing that I cared about was the line "not sure what I'm doing has a ton of value but we can at least give gm a chance for a defense"

When that was not it.

It was the way that through out day 3, he was not putting himself out there to be a Big Prescence. Both in the way that he repeatedly said that he was rereading and doing isos, but wasnt done, and since he wasn't done he could not take a solid stance. And also the self deprication of his reads. Then combined with the way he started making comments this day phase.

Like, that is a Cohesive Thought that I had about his General Approach to the game starting following our conversation on how I should town read him.

----

And your response was that that single sentence was not unusual.

God, I hope that it is just Bella.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by syugar »

Give me a bit to read that, I'm playing Mahjong
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1503, syugar wrote:
In post 1502, Lukewarm wrote:It once again feels like I am completely unable to communicate with you.
Okay, honestly, how strong do you suspect him? I can't even wrap my head around it.
Does it even matter?

We lose to scum catboi at this point.

I'm going to sleep.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1505, syugar wrote:Give me a bit to read that, I'm playing Mahjong
Don't bother. I am not even trying to convince you of it any more.

Its just frutrating feeling like what I am saying is just not understood.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1506, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1503, syugar wrote:
Does it even matter?

We lose to scum catboi at this point.

I'm going to sleep.
Yeah, we do, don't we? Sorry if you're right, I guess I am being a little selfish. If I'm torpedoing the game it's more of a sign I should quit
In post 1507, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1505, syugar wrote:Give me a bit to read that, I'm playing Mahjong
Don't bother. I am not even trying to convince you of it any more.

Its just frutrating feeling like what I am saying is just not understood.
I'm sorry that I made you feel that way, but in my good conscience I've legitimately been nodding along to what you've been saying and disagreeing with it. I asked for elaboration on one point I really didn't understand and it ended up you misunderstanding catboi's post, so I think from any indication I've given you a fair shot. At the same time, though, I guess I didn't because I don't think Jesus Mary and Joseph could convince me he's the scum here
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by syugar »

fmpov though I've just been trying to latch onto one solid read in order to try and recover this from being a coin-flip and it's been pretty fun
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I will probably hammer bella, not now, soon
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I felt like syugar had moved off of his erractic posting about Luke/the game/bouncing his reads around/being aggressive to actually, properly engage with me and make a case that felt reasonable and also...this sounds really selfish but written specifically in a way I could process.

On the other hand, I felt that Luke's 1337 to 1442 were very reactionary, especially the I, 2, 3 ???? 4 Luke is scum bit. It felt very different to how Luke had interacted with me and more similar to the bad faith way that syugars early push on Luke felt, which felt like flinging anything against a wall.

However, 1343 and 1344 feel a lot more town. But we go back to 1352 that feels reactionary again.

What I'm trying to work out is, what changes? It seems fairly obvious though , on reflection, that Luke respond to conflict with more conflict. See: the fuck off interaction with catboi. I think I'm predisposed to see 'aggresion'/'hyperactiveness' as scummy, and reasonable as town. This is a me problem.

When I look at how Luke talks to me, catboi, even syugae now, I still see town.

Oh FFS. You know who's not running in circles, reading Isos and getting in knros about the game? It's catboi. It's just catboi. I let myself get swayed at day start.

Catboi being scum also makes the kill on syugae interesting, if they'd already had their convo about previous meta from the other site

But I don't think I ever get to sell this to syugar.

Hey syugar, when I flip town, can you promise not to jsur auto vote Luke?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I feel shit about this, because syugae and Luke are putting so much work in. The thing is, neither of their cases on each other were the thing that made me think 'luke is scum so syugar has to be town': it was the response to the pressure/making the case that felt townie. So I'm now left...back where I started.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:20 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 1170, Bellaphant wrote:...but If it's not catboi, and you know it can't be you, and catjpeg is clear then it has to me or syugar from your pov. What sounds more likely?

I don't think it's you. I think it /could/ be catboi. I felt day two I was agreeing with syugar a lot, but maybe I have given them a too easy pass.

Full circle. Great.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I also believe that syugae genuinely thinks Im gonna flip town, and while I'd normally find this the most scummy thing ever, I also believe he thinks he can solve in elo. Although if he does this by just voting Luke I will be incredibly disappointed.

Basically, if it's Luke or syugar, brilliant job. If it's just catboi, I guess well done for looking scummy but making people think you are town anyway!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 1187, syugar wrote:that being said, the only other thing i'll offer is that if you/luke/catjpeg vote for me today, just try to sponge my townread on catboi and elim luke tomorrow

This, but I'm syugar and saying don't just town read catboi
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:35 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

Someone who knows Catboi (syugar but also anyone else), tell me, ignoring everything else from this game, would catboi be open to doing a crazy bus at the start of this game if he and GM were partnered?
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1515, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 1187, syugar wrote:that being said, the only other thing i'll offer is that if you/luke/catjpeg vote for me today, just try to sponge my townread on catboi and elim luke tomorrow

This, but I'm syugar and saying don't just town read catboi
It's gonna be really difficult for me but if you honestly feel that way I'll do a bit more due diligence and try to ask some questions about things I don't understand
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by syugar »

If I wasn't sure he was town I don't think I'd be voting you in the first place
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 1516, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Someone who knows Catboi (syugar but also anyone else), tell me, ignoring everything else from this game, would catboi be open to doing a crazy bus at the start of this game if he and GM were partnered?
Yeah probably, haven't used this as justification for or against anything

They didn't ~really~ bus d1 either if they were a team but idk

need to sleep its so late
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 10:02 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I don't see those flashes of town on a core level that I have from you and Luke. I think he's played mechanically well, which was what wavered me earlier, but that's just...good play?

I don't think it's a crazy bus. I think GM was a little worried about the game anyway, after having basically mind melded with me as town (they were absent a lot) and that day one has basically made everyone believe they couldn't be partners. When it came to day three I don't remember catboi committing massively to the bus when it mattered (off the check this, this may be fake news)

P-edit i know it's a weird spot for you, jpeg, but if I'm not scum who is it? Honestly.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by syugar »

VOTE: Unvote

Will put it back when I wake up if nothing changes my mind but don't want this to go through in the next 8 hours
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by syugar »

Actually no

I want to trust myself here

VOTE: Bella

All I'm really capable of doing is playing according to what I think is going on. Everyone here plays too well for me to be fazed by any of this right now.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by syugar »

But yeah I'm going back to sleep for real

Bella: your point has been noted. Luke's kind of believable emotional moments have been noted by me, not ignoring them by any stretch
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 10:08 pm

Post by syugar »

@Malakittens: agreeing to a speedy night if the game is still going

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”