Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:29 am

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

Well, that was a hectic night

Bell, why are you confirmed again? Obviously not asking you to put if you haven’t said why yet, but if you did can you just tell me

We’re working on updated reads since this happened

Also, if you’re reading, thanks for checking us Mala, I’ve been busy and was kind of avoiding this game because I didn’t want to have to deal with maybe being pushed for activity stuff

Also also, for now VOTE: dunn

~Rhyme
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:30 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2300, Rhyme and Reason wrote:Bell, why are you confirmed again? Obviously not asking you to put if you haven’t said why yet, but if you did can you just tell me
He friendly neighbored VP Baltar, who is dead and flipped town.
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:32 am

Oh right, thank you

~Rhyme

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2296, gorilla wrote:
In post 1287, Meuh wrote:I think the way Cakez is setting up me/Marci as a scumpair while she's receiving votes might actually mean they're S/S here and I don't like the shade.
Though Cakez' later posts regarding Marci don't really feel partnered so he might just be wrong
TMI?

There's a lot of worse Meuh posts on marci but this bit struck me as particularly notable from her ISO. I think this is 2/3 right here.
I had a thought and I posted it

VOTE: SirCakez we can see if this flips scum. I kinda like Fey's last few posts either way
Honestly I've barely thought about Cakez since the clear because I assumed he was just town

Also do you think my vote on Marci was a bus? Cause I was the one who started the cute little vote chain that ensued. This is for Gorilla but also anyone else who thinks I might be scum here. If it is, do you think the other votes were coordinated? Who are the other scum who bussed with me?

Pedit: That readslist is fine tbh. I wouldn't be too surprised to see the other 3 people in the scumpool actually be maf
Ehhh tying Fey's alignment to the presupposition of me flipping scum is iffy
But like overall the thought process is fine
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:33 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1398, marcistar wrote:nah i like my gamma vote much more :good:
why would i jump on the dunn wagon when i have all i need right here?

might eventually depending on if dunn seems scummier than gamma but like
gamma > dunn rn imo
Non-negligible chance Dunn is the third and this game is just a wrap. I could probably bump gammagooey up a tier from marci's treatment of him, was firing from the hip a bit
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Fey »

Yeah looking at EOD when Marci was giving her suspicions she had me/gorilla/Cakez. Just gonna rule of three this and move on assuming Cakez is a hit.
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:36 am

Ugh I really wish mala hadn’t shot dwlee tho

Bell, let’s talk Cakez — what about his posting in PT is so bad?

~Rhyme

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Bell »

Ask Kovu.
Prepping for work.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:39 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2306, Rhyme and Reason wrote:Ugh I really wish mala hadn’t shot dwlee tho
Every single nightkill last night was legitimately regrettable. But we pick up the pieces and move on.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Fey »

Kinda think Gamma could fit as a partner to Cakez/Marci too. Gave reads that matter one was a scumlean on Marci, toe lean on Cakez. Usual places to slot partners I feel but dunno if Gamma would feel a need to take harsher stances.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:41 am

Post by Fey »

And it is true that Meuh’s vote cascaded into the entire flip.

Marci/Gamma/Cakez/Enchant...?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Gammagooey »

VOTE: Fey
It looks like Dunn and Meuh already went into this a bit but Fey definitely looks the worst from D1 play at a glance - was one of the people suggesting marci-town for meta, votes were Datisi->Bell->VPB->marci with a caveat that she doesn't even like the wagon->Dwlee

Dwlee investigate is understandable but Datisi investigate doesn't make sense to me personally - if you're gonna use a 2-shot detective role n1 and basically make it variant tracker, is theoretical Datisi-scum really going to make the kill when he's been tunnelled by marci all day? And remember this is from Fey's perspective so with a marci town-read she presumably wouldn't have "Marci+Datisi scumbuddies" as anywhere near a likely possibility given her d1 read on marci

I don't think it has more than a tiny chance of happening but no quick elims til after I can go over more stuff plz

----------------
This is somewhat obvious but prob needs to be said for whoever suggested Cakez dead just to stop neighborizing from happening given Val's claim - Cakez can presumably just stop using his neighborize ability at this point

Haven't done much re-reading aside from a skim of marci's iso and going over Fey a bit yet - I get why people are saying Cakez was overconfident on marci but I'm still leaning him-town. Meuh I'll probably go over more tonight, her gorilla & marci thoughts in particular were ???? but man does that feel borderline suicidal to do with marci as a scumpartner

Also I got a fruit and a T-shirt last night which probably came from VPB given his flip?
Fey wrote:Yeah looking at EOD when Marci was giving her suspicions she had me/gorilla/Cakez. Just gonna rule of three this and move on assuming Cakez is a hit.
Didn't I just go on a rant about how "rule of 3" is dumb lazy garbo in Slaughter Hour? it's fine to use with other info but using on its own is terrible
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Fey »

Gamma, do you think that Marci gave three reads in a place of pressure that did not include her partner?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:44 am

Post by Meuh »

I really think there's scum in Marci's final 3 scumreads. I don't think she drops a scumread on 3 townies right before dying
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:44 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 441, SirCakez wrote:
In post 207, Meuh wrote:
In post 181, gorilla wrote:
In post 162, Meuh wrote:Also, Marci going against a scumread on me? That’s new. I was expecting her to scumread me by now :lol:
Do you think it means anything in terms of her alignment this game?
Marci and I tend to read each other poorly, especially early on in games. A whole lot of inaccurate scumreading. :cry:
I still don't think it's unrealistic for Marci to feel neut about me here though.
What does feel off about it is her using this read on me to push back on Datisi. Even if she does feel neutral about me, I don't think she says this:
In post 148, marcistar wrote:i also *shocker here* dont agree with meuh feeling off yet, i think she hasnt done much alignment indicative yet and i think ur hating on her for her basic personality
This does not really seem like a way to go after Datisi that I expect town!Marci to do.

Honestly my approach on reading Marci as of late is to just not do it on day 1 :lol:
It's not worth the effort in forming a read that'll probably be poor and I'd rather spend that time and energy somewhere else.
I think I'm decent at reading Marci later on in the game with flips having happened so I'd rather do it then. (viewtopic.php?p=12746354#p12746354)
There's a need for it here though because of the wagon on her, and while I don't feel great about her, it's not as strong of a feeling as the one on Lavar. :cool:

Also I just found out you can highlight a part of a post before quoting it and it'll only quote that part??? That's so useful how did I not know this
if Marci is scum this is probably scum too
In post 210, Meuh wrote:
In post 197, SirCakez wrote:
In post 63, Meuh wrote:VOTE: takotsubo syndrome
Definitely want more there
what is the "more" you are looking for? more content? it was like a few hours into the game when you posted that
More content, more justification for the vote, anything telling of their alignment. I think their vote on Datisi was scummy. I wanted to throw a vote on them for pressure's sake.
however this is a solid answer to my question
Heh. This again feels like pretty basic distancing.
Fey wrote:Kinda think Gamma could fit as a partner to Cakez/Marci too. Gave reads that matter one was a scumlean on Marci, toe lean on Cakez. Usual places to slot partners I feel but dunno if Gamma would feel a need to take harsher stances.
I think there's decent reason to believe it's dunn and I lean gammagooey being less likely because of marci's OMGUS against him.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:44 am

Post by Fey »

Also I think it’s weird that you said “didn’t I just go on this rant...” In a game that was months ago as if it has a lot of relevancy.

And assuming that I’m not using other info too is... pretty weird and assuming the worst.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Fey »

Shrug, I kind of like how Dunn is approaching things and get the vibe that Gamma’s showing up here to try and shove me out over Cakez rn.
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:46 am

Baltar was a decent shot, honestly, even with townflip

@meuh, why doesn’t Marci drop a SR on three town right before dying?

@kovu, can you fill in on why Cakez’ posting in the PT is so bad apparently?

~Rhyme

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2312, Fey wrote:Gamma, do you think that Marci gave three reads in a place of pressure that did not include her partner?
Wouldn't be that surprised, but also think you're the one person in there most likely to flip scum

It also wasn't her "these are my 3 strongest scum reads" because if so then she'd probably feel forced to include me on it b/c she tunneled on me instead of trying to play the game all of day 2 until some actual pressure finally got put on her, if I remember right it was "these are 3 people who can possibly be elim'd instead of me", which is gonna be more reflective of other people's reads and wagons at the time and who CAN die, not just "oh let me throw out 3 reads and put a scum on them for distancing"
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:49 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1088, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 916, marcistar wrote:
In post 712, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 711, marcistar wrote:i dont scumread you for that anymore, i have diff reasons now!!
Which is what?
Datisis posts are very mean spirited by nature,
i think hes overly self aware too, to the point where its scummy!! like hes like oH iM jUsT aWkWaRd!! but like DOES THAT NOT SOUND LIKE EXCUSES? like once is eh enough, but i remember him doing that more than once so its certainly eyebrow raising!!
This is fair and I can see what you are talking about
In post 916, marcistar wrote:
i think him attacking me and val is v sketchy too, in the way he did it, hes kinda reminiscent of this one dude i met before. even tho i know they cant be the same person :blush: i see it as a viable scum strategy. Like i said before, datisis goal this game is just to outscream anyone scumreading him, thats why it reminds me of him. Hes convincing just like this dude was, but deep down i KNOW  its same vibes!! is it not obvious?!?!? because of datisis BANSHEE SCREAMS u guys dont want to oppose him, but very clearly im not scared of the devil (:
I don't think this is true and don't like this part of your argument
In post 916, marcistar wrote: He also keeps bandwagoning otherpeoples votes, i think its just to be buddy buddy with them and make himself look cool and good in their eyes, hes obviously set himself up to succeed and YALL ARE JUST BIASED!! The easiest votes in the world which is what hes been doing all game, is not *that* hard for scum to make.
I didn't get the impression that they were bandwagoning while reading, I didn't check to see how true your statement here is after reading this though.
In post 916, marcistar wrote: very clearly using bad logic wHy ArE yOu UsInG tHe NoTeS pT bAltEr?!?!?
Agree with this
In post 916, marcistar wrote:yDrAsSeS uSuAlLy mOrE eXcItEd As ToWn!@
Don't think this one is bad (not sure whether it is true though)
In post 1234, Dunnstral wrote:Marci doesn't seem to have any idea what to do now that Datisi is dead. I don't think that is a good look since as I pointed above this would have been a surprise flip for mafia.
In post 1723, Dunnstral wrote:Lean town on VP Baltar, Meuh, and Marci. First two because I like some of what they have posted, last one because I liked Luke's recent posts about how this is town marci
Some weak pressure on marci initially but hides behind Lukewarm's townread on her. Classic partner behavior.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:51 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2318, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2312, Fey wrote:Gamma, do you think that Marci gave three reads in a place of pressure that did not include her partner?
Wouldn't be that surprised, but also think you're the one person in there most likely to flip scum

It also wasn't her "these are my 3 strongest scum reads" because if so then she'd probably feel forced to include me on it b/c she tunneled on me instead of trying to play the game all of day 2 until some actual pressure finally got put on her, if I remember right it was "these are 3 people who can possibly be elim'd instead of me", which is gonna be more reflective of other people's reads and wagons at the time and who CAN die, not just "oh let me throw out 3 reads and put a scum on them for distancing"
I don't like the votes on Fey right now. Who are your other scum reads?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2237, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2233, Meuh wrote:They apparently like Marci because of Luke’s said she’s town, unlike the others who they scumread on their own merit.
It wasn't because "Luke said she's town"

I agreed with the post Luke made. Also Marci really stepped up her scum game from the last time I've seen it, where it was really obvious.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2317, Rhyme and Reason wrote: @meuh, why doesn’t Marci drop a SR on three town right before dying?
I think she's distancing-oriented as scum and I doubt she wouldn't take the opportunity to do at a time where it's very likely she's flipping.

@Gorilla: What if is just correct? There's benefit for scum to tie a townie to a scummy player and I think with the similarity in our play, it's an easy sell. :eek:
Actually considering Kovu was mixing Marci and I up later, I wouldn't be surprised if Cakez was setting up my mislim in hood. (they had a hood on day 2 right?)
I wish I would roll scum with Marci, that sounds fun actually! The scum chat gossip would be 10/10
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:54 am

Gorilla, who were you on last night?

@meuh, is the distancing-oriented thing a meta read or a personality read or is it based on her play this game?

~Rhyme

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him