Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Coral »

I think that looking at GL's posts about him would be useful, although it's split up across a bunch of posts. I don't know if there's really a consolidated case anywhere
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2850, Coral wrote:I think that looking at GL's posts about him would be useful, although it's split up across a bunch of posts. I don't know if there's really a consolidated case anywhere
Yeah I looked around a bit and GL has the best put together arguments against Pav but they're a bit spread out, + there's some things specific to him about Pav.
Kinda hard to point anywhere as a good place to look :?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2793, Faker wrote:I am extremely sleep deprived but while I wait for a wasp to leave my bed I might as well post.

Can someone lay out the general reasoning on Pav? A link to any writeup/real post is also okay with me, doesn't have to be a full case wall.
gist of my case on Pav

- Absentee voting record, he has made four votes this game. One on me for RVS, one on Gamma for the first real wagon of the game (he unvoted that later and didn't vote again on D1), one on Gamma on D2 because it was a "good place to start", and then one on Fruit mid-late D2 when that wagon was gaining steam. None of these votes were accompanied with serious pressure on the person being voted, none of them display a lot of initiative to shape the game towards an elimination Pav wants.

- in addition to the sparse voting record, Pav's other posts/commentary on things isn't meaty or substantial. I have a hard time recalling off the top of my head who Pav scumreads and why. There's not a lot of effort to engage with other players to give his opinions or thoughts on their cases and reads. One post that really stood out to me as non-commentary was , where Pav replied to Fruit pushing against a Beat wagon by saying that either a Beat or Gamma flip will "get us some info", yet he expressed no opinion whatsoever on which of those flips he'd prefer.

- also aged like milk when Pav later posted where Pav said he didn't vote EOD1 because he didn't like the end of day wagons (Beat, Ari), yet Pav didn't really give any resistance to either wagon when he was encouraging Fruit (and the rest of the game) to compromise somewhere for a flip ??

- In Pav asked Marci to make a case on Isis that she had just made in . The fact that he missed or forgot that marci had already posted her feelings about Isis makes me feel he is not closely reading because he does not need to genuinely look for info to make reads.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Faker »

Pavowski has literally not done a goddamn thing but get high as a kite and go "...Marci and Fruit, man, am I right?"

I don't like to reward doing that but holy guacamole if I were his scum partner I would throw him out the fuckin window I think he's chill for the day

P-Edit: Will read that in a sec then respond
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2853, Faker wrote:Pavowski has literally not done a goddamn thing but get high as a kite and go "...Marci and Fruit, man, am I right?"

I don't like to reward doing that but holy guacamole if I were his scum partner I would throw him out the fuckin window I think he's chill for the day

P-Edit: Will read that in a sec then respond
yeah, it's a bit weird in that if he's scum it doesn't feel like he's getting bussed or else he probably would have gone over much earlier than now

I tried to prompt Gamma a few times on why she didn't seem to be interested in Pav at all and she basically said "people are wagoning Pav for the same reasons they wagoned me so it's a bad wagon" ([post]2421[post]). This is part of why I'm also interested in your slot because I think regardless of Pav's alignment Gamma's resistance to a Pav vote felt implausible. I need to review Gamma ISO again but I don't recall her ever actually putting a foot in the ground for a Pav townread, just kept pushing alternate votes and wagons
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2853, Faker wrote:holy guacamole
In post 84, Pavowski wrote:Holy guacamole what an entrance
Partnered gg ez
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh and I forgot to add one other thing in my case which is that this doesn't neatly track with my experience with town!Pav in prior games. In Shakespeare especially, he demonstrated a lot more initiative in how he used his vote and how he participated in wagons and discussion.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Faker »

By "throw him out the fuckin window" I mean of his house, if it's 1-story rinse and repeat until Results Are Achieved, not that I'd bus him lmao

Just thinking how for me, that scum PT would be filled with every diplomatic non-threatening variant of "MOTHERFUCKER IF YOU GIVE THEM FIVE FULLCLEARS BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO HIGH TO POST ONE GODDAMN READSWALL" imaginable
The Ugly Fruit
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
The Ugly Fruit
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:04 am

Post by The Ugly Fruit »

Man Faker gives off much more town vibes then Gamma Lmfao
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Faker »

Tracking through, I'm not sure 1/2 really say much about Pavowski's alignment, or at least not what I've seen of it. Unlike most of this den of masochists, he really takes a lighthearted approach and tries to enjoy the game. I skimmed two games he played that I modded (Guardians/Trust Fall) and saw a bit more substantial commentary in the first. I will say that I remember him being afraid to post for stretches of Trust Fall as scum, so maybe he's facing a similar issue this game and he's getting zonked out on Copium.

#3 it was hard for me to really gauge how believable this was without reading all of end of day. Maybe!

#4 I was actually okay with missing it but not following up on that "here it is" response you gave at all is very ??? bad

I'm back to ~maybe~
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Faker »

I have read about ~20 posts of Cakez's ISO and already I don't understand how we have not fulfilled one of the most timehonored of MafiaScum traditions of running Cakez up and watching him flip green

There is one exception to "Look past the surface-level scummy", even the green name can't help him, the man is a born dayplay miller.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Faker »

VOTE: Cakez

Presumably this isn't viable at all and is a vanity vote but this is the first slot I've read that I legitimately don't like so far.

155 is a pretty safe accusation, overqualification w/ "replicate town meta" makes it awkward to me

795 is a very strange performative "Hey guys look at me spitballing townreads"

232 on skitter-read is lol

329 is more performative garbage, "I have a hot take"

590 you can see Cakez is truly displeased at a worst wagon

The hot take is TvT oh buddy I have not seen that before and there is SO much town utility in this being a half-hidden take instead of a full holdoff or a full discussion

Finally I'm going to quote this last bit:
In post 597, SirCakez wrote:
In post 593, the worst wrote:why meuh town?
In post 594, the worst wrote:humour me too why do you townread GL?
Cuz GL coming in to question the Gamma wagon was town regardless of Gammas alignment and I liked that Meuh went to bat over it with GL when they could have let it go
In post 598, SirCakez wrote:However I still just think Gamma is scum and have no idea why that wagon collapsed
This followup is within a minute, this is scum realizing there's a gap in their reasoning to be addressed and tagging it on before they get called out.

I haven't even gotten halfway through his ISO just YEET THIS MAN

I'd go something like:

Kinda Town
=====
Fruit
marcistar
Coral (I don't remember why it was 5/6 am don't ask)

????
=====
Pavowski

Scum
=====
No one

Cakez, beyond scum, destiny beckons, eternal recurrence
======
SirCakez
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2857, Faker wrote:By "throw him out the fuckin window" I mean of his house, if it's 1-story rinse and repeat until Results Are Achieved, not that I'd bus him lmao

Just thinking how for me, that scum PT would be filled with every diplomatic non-threatening variant of "MOTHERFUCKER IF YOU GIVE THEM FIVE FULLCLEARS BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO HIGH TO POST ONE GODDAMN READSWALL" imaginable
Did you know that there is an English word simu for "throw someone outside a window"? It's "defenestrate".
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Faker »

I will finish his ISO in a bit, but I have seen all I need to, wheel him away IMO, or let him escape tonight and gimme that sweet, sweet towncred

What if I told you that if you gave into your worst instincts, shoveled the Cake in front of you instead of remembering your diet, instead of gaining 5 lbs you'd gain 5 clears?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Faker »

In post 2862, Isis wrote:
In post 2857, Faker wrote:By "throw him out the fuckin window" I mean of his house, if it's 1-story rinse and repeat until Results Are Achieved, not that I'd bus him lmao

Did you know that there is an English word simu for "throw someone outside a window"? It's "defenestrate".
yeah but i'm not a PRETENTIOUS DORK
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Faker »

This is from another game but it's still relevant today
In post 2489, Faker wrote:An atavistic urge has awakened in my veins. The blood is pumping violently, a burning sensation spreads up the arms, a paroxysmal wave crashes through this mortal body and I write in the forces of violent malice.

It calls me to vote Cakez out, to pound the ground with my bare knuckles around the fire and watch his blood run down the stake a verdant green before evaporating in the flames, the same color it always is. It calls me to bear witness just as my ancestors before me did so many years ago.
This game Cakez was in fact town, but also it's destiny and I feel legitimately strong about it instead of shitposting haflstrength.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:59 am

Post by marcistar »

i like faker but i like cakez : - (
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 2.8[6]
Pavowski
: skitter30, Titus, GuiltyLion, Aristeia, Meuh, Isis

[2]
The Ugly Fruit
: Pavowski, marcistar

[2]
marcistar
: The Ugly Fruit, SirCakez

[1]
SirCakez
: Faker

[1]
Faker
: Coral

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day two ends in (expired on 2022-06-21 19:53:27)

MOD NOTES
• please let me know if there are any errors, i do this by hand.

• skitter30 currently V/LA.

• have fun!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 2867, Ydrasse wrote:[6] Pavowski: skitter30, Titus, GuiltyLion, Aristeia, Meuh, Isis
guys pls stop doing not good things :cry:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Faker »

Pav, were you at all interested in the case (marcistar on Isis) you were linked after you requested it?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Faker »

meuh whatchu thinkin' champ
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Faker »

Intent to hammer by midnight EST if Pav doesn't show up btw, I think Coral is leaning that way already but I'd really like more from The Dude.

Online earlier and didn't respond to my callout question, which I am interpreting as THE FROZEN ONE
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Faker »

Once upon a time I would have followed Queen Isis unquestionably, but after that time she sent me to 4 different restaurants when we met up IRL I'm skeptical of her directions
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Coral »

I did indeed already declare intent to hammer, but ari suggested I wait
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2870, Faker wrote:meuh whatchu thinkin' champ
HELLO
Spoiler:
In post 2861, Faker wrote:VOTE: Cakez

Presumably this isn't viable at all and is a vanity vote but this is the first slot I've read that I legitimately don't like so far.

155 is a pretty safe accusation, overqualification w/ "replicate town meta" makes it awkward to me

795 is a very strange performative "Hey guys look at me spitballing townreads"

232 on skitter-read is lol

329 is more performative garbage, "I have a hot take"

590 you can see Cakez is truly displeased at a worst wagon

The hot take is TvT oh buddy I have not seen that before and there is SO much town utility in this being a half-hidden take instead of a full holdoff or a full discussion

Finally I'm going to quote this last bit:
In post 597, SirCakez wrote:
In post 593, the worst wrote:why meuh town?
In post 594, the worst wrote:humour me too why do you townread GL?
Cuz GL coming in to question the Gamma wagon was town regardless of Gammas alignment and I liked that Meuh went to bat over it with GL when they could have let it go
In post 598, SirCakez wrote:However I still just think Gamma is scum and have no idea why that wagon collapsed
This followup is within a minute, this is scum realizing there's a gap in their reasoning to be addressed and tagging it on before they get called out.

I haven't even gotten halfway through his ISO just YEET THIS MAN

I'd go something like:

Kinda Town
=====
Fruit
marcistar
Coral (I don't remember why it was 5/6 am don't ask)

????
=====
Pavowski

Scum
=====
No one

Cakez, beyond scum, destiny beckons, eternal recurrence
======
SirCakez

Tbh I like in conjunction with
Like to me the way those posts flow feels right

is the confidence there actually scummy?

but is Coral scum? You sorted Coral as town so I'm kinda confused how this makes Cakez scum at all. If he's frustrated at people voting a player you townread, isn't that good?
Also imo frustration tends to be NAI so I'm unsure what the point here is or if you're just mentioning it

is like meh I guess? Don't feel strongly there

I guess the progression from -> is a bit iffy?

Cakez generally has had good vibes to me and tbh I don't find these points against him particularly compelling.
I do find it interesting Cakez hasn't been thrown in the same pile as Gamma/Marci/Fruit/Pav because considering his gameplay he kinda should?
But I can't say it worries me enough to change my read there

Return to “Completed Open Games”