BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:57 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1548, Alexcellent wrote: Gibus’s town reads are easy to fabricate if he’s scum given the info he has.
Bingo
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1530, Elsa Jay wrote:I thought you wanted to be casual Cres. Why is "casual" Cres not okay with me playing a game with other people in the game?
You pushed the gender button.

"You shouldnta did that"
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Crescent »

Vivax treating me like I'm the only one who has mentioned the possibility of NM being vigged tonight as a reason not to vote him off today is funny.

Also walls of Alex will see if I have the time to get through them.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Crescent »

Ok I'm trying to figure out how much those posts actually said because I don't feel like anything in them was actually new. It feels like a lot of words to mostly say what he had already said.

The point about his townreads being easy to fake is... Noted. Vivax/Corwin was the hot topic at the time and many were already thinking they were town/town, and he said I was "near-conftown" kinda just because I'm active.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and on a side note the people who are hoping he gets shot so we don't have to vote him off are acting in town's best interests for the very simple reason of "Even if he's town, him getting shot does not hurt town." The difference between 8 people remaining and 7 people remaining is negligible as it does not cost town a day. Policy voting him out and being wrong is much more painful. It isn't a legitimate reason to call someone scummy in any context~

Corwin and the others with his mentality are right that wanting to vote NM off today is a statistically an anti-town play.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Crescent »

And... Wow do I still have no idea what Corwin was yelling at me about just before I left. The only things I did were repeat something I've said multiple times today about hoping he gets vigged (And I wasn't even the first person in the day to say this originally), repeat something I said late in day 1, and to say Alex vibes like he feels like I did when I felt about George being a compromise yesterday. It's like he had the same energy.

That's a very strong reaction and it's boggling me where it came from. Then I come back to "Think before you post". It's like I'm being told "you know what you did" when you have no clue what you might've done to upset someone because everything you did was innocuous.

Also I'm off again. Yay having a social life on a Sunday!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:24 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 644, gibus wrote:VOTE: Corwinoid
Oh, hey, look.

Another opportunistic vote from Gibus.

First GB, then pressure dies off and starts building towards Corwin and he jumps on there with absolutely 0 reasoning.

Super stuff.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:13 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1394, Crescent wrote:I will note that you barely even mention the guy again until #980. I wouldn't really say there's an established pattern until that sequence of posts leading up to the vote.

Though my memory partially me - I remembered your vote coming on him quicker than it did.
Thank you for back tracking.

Sorry people, not been able to post today, will quickly run through now as much as I can
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:14 am

Post by geraintm »

]
In post 1396, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Gera, what's your read on Gibus?
None, but reading ahead I am fairly sure I am going to have to loom at their posts tomorrow because most others seem to hate them
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:16 am

Post by geraintm »

p=13410619#p13410619]post 1414[/url], Crescent"]
In post 1397, Elsa Jay wrote:To speak my current peace:

I still think Vivax and Corwin are TvT, but I concede that if there's scum there it's Vivax.

I would be okay with a NotMaf Elim but it's not a priority.

I want more from Alex and Toffee or they'll go back into the scum pile.

My elims today besides NotMaf would be possibly Vixax (though the one I'd probably fight about), Gibus, or Gera. The other 5 I don't wanna launch today at all.

So basically if I have to vote today my vote will be on (maybe) Vivax, NotMaf, Gera, and Gibus wagons.
More from Toffee in what regard? He's already done more than half the game ever has.[/quote]

What has toffee done, my memory is them slowly reading through thr game and their reads constantly changing as the front and back of the game meet
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:17 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1423, Crescent wrote:Oh and if I get shot tonight if there's anyone who doesn't have a vote right now who might be scum it's Elsa by the way.

'Cause I can play the theory game too!

You thought George was your aligned partner, which is why you didn't seem to care even slightly which of Corwin or Owen was voted off - Just so long as it wasn't George. You even went as far as to say he "crumbed" PR, but only admitted you were lying after Owen hammered.

You were set on voting off Corwin before the day started, and didn't stop to factor in what Owen's flip meant. This is why you quick voted him so fast and had to be forced to acknowledge the vote wasn't happening. Vivax, who is town, was all over Corwin, but didn't feel the need to vote him immediately. He even thought he did when he didn't!

You feel like you can't join the vote on Vivax from Corwin, so you pull the "my vote my choice" cringe to stick lazily on Corwin. You wait for a safe place to put your vote that might actually take off.

The moment Gibus gets a sniff, you hop on because its "fun". You feel you established on him yesterday and did not need to explain yourself jumping on him today. You sit back and watch BBT and I grill him for you.

I think every single part of my theory is actually rather reasonable.
Why do you never vote? It is so hard to track your thoughts without actual votes, and a psot this strong should have one at the end of it
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:19 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1440, Crescent wrote:Oh and side note the vibes Gera are giving off have been consistently better today than the ones he gave off yesterday, which gives me a curious feeling.

I'm asking myself if I like
any
of these trains right now. Food for thought overnight.
I like this post:)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:23 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1491, Elsa Jay wrote:Cres my evidence is there but since it's about you you are biased against it tho? Heck Alex even agreed it was decent earlier and I've worded it way better now.

Edit:

Assuming the usual launch, scum kill, and possible vigi shot, we would go down to 7 people, with possibly 1 scum death here from our votes and NotMaf getting shot in the head.

Assuming worst case scenario tho it'll be something like 2v5 and we do, in fact, lose a day of discussion completely.
Someone needs to tell me how balanced scum having a traitor is with a vigi. Is that swingy to one side or the other?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:24 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1498, Alexcellent wrote:UNVOTE: NotMafia
VOTE: Elsa
Are you just trying to get any wagon started today?
Is one of thr 2 wagons you have ruled out yout partner and the other someone you've built up too much equity as town for you to vote for them without coming across as totally opportunistic scum????
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:26 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1523, Eiralox wrote:imma be a dwarf for the night bai
Are we meant to understand this?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:29 am

Post by geraintm »

Bed now, I fear a ton of pages to come back to when j wake up

Need to go through gibus quickly tomorrow
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1544, Alexcellent wrote:Plus side to Elsa and Cres is that I don't think they can be scum together. But I have a conundrum there since they both present compelling arguments against each other which I kind of agree with. Would not hate a launch here.
Would not shock me if Elsa flipped red. Talk of policy elim only 3 pages in, very defensive reaction to my D1 push on her and overall has appeared on and off throughout the game as though she's wanting others to push the game forward rather than her do much herself. Maybe it's a playstyle thing? I don't think it's a pro-town thing though. For what it's worth, Mafia Traitor Owen refers to and talks of Elsa a lot in his short ISO and appears to townread her? I know we tread into WIFOM territory looking at his ISO, but it's worth pointing out I think.
On the other hand, I can absolutely see a scenario where scum!Cres has been lumped with an unknown traitor and a low activity partner. Lots of frustration over the lack of activity - maaaybe that's originating from her scum partner not being active and that's a cause for her anger. Her taking a break once votes got stacked against her is interesting timing. At times some of her posts have also bordered on feeling a bit appeal to emotion (like more or less implying how doomed the town is if she gives up or dies or whatever). I've noticed when people come after her she tends to aggressively attack and discredit more so than just defend herself. I asked before if her case against Elsa was the first time she had suggested it, because I found the timing of her coming out with that right after Elsa declared suspicion on her to be pretty convenient. But apparently Cres has said it before, I'll probably have to do a re-read and ISO there.
There's questionable stuff that Cres has posted but ultimately I think her frustration with town seems genuine and she does appear to be someone trying to solve the game.

Sorry for the blocks of text, wanted to get my thoughts out into the ether.

I'm still happy with BBT/Elsa launch today. NM as a policy. If you guys need to launch Gibus or Vivax I'd prefer it's Vivax, for the info, and also I dislike who is on Gibus's wagon.
I just remember him pestering me for an opinion and when I disagreed and voted him he threw me to the side like garbage. Maybe since we played together he thought I was easy to manipulate or something? I can be manipulated but only through jokes, gaslighting or stubbornness.

I also town read Toffee so it kinda puts us in an awkward moment where I'd have to compromise on you on NotMaf or more preferably Gibus. Think we can do that friend?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1563, geraintm wrote:
Is one of thr 2 wagons you have ruled out yout partner and the other someone you've built up too much equity as town for you to vote for them without coming across as totally opportunistic scum????
I mean, kinda. If there are only wagons I dislike, I'd rather make a new one. I'm okay with doing a 180 on my reads since they're often wrong but those two wagons just smell bad, y'know?
I DO feel a bit better about BBT's reasoning on a second read through to an extent, I'm just not sure I agree with it all. It all really comes down more to Gibus's safe-ish town reads but that's not exactly a smoking gun.
Tbh I'm kind of surprised that Gibus hasn't joined the Elsa wagon and I don't know what to make of that.

Do you still think Vivax is scum?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1563, geraintm wrote:
I mean, kinda. If there are only wagons I dislike, I'd rather make a new one. I'm okay with doing a 180 on my reads since they're often wrong but those two wagons just smell bad, y'know?
I DO feel a bit better about BBT's reasoning on a second read through to an extent, I'm just not sure I agree with it all. It all really comes down more to Gibus's safe-ish town reads but that's not exactly a smoking gun.
Tbh I'm kind of surprised that Gibus hasn't joined the Elsa wagon and I don't know what to make of that.

Do you still think Vivax is scum?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Oops, ignore double post
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1566, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1544, Alexcellent wrote:Plus side to Elsa and Cres is that I don't think they can be scum together. But I have a conundrum there since they both present compelling arguments against each other which I kind of agree with. Would not hate a launch here.
Would not shock me if Elsa flipped red. Talk of policy elim only 3 pages in, very defensive reaction to my D1 push on her and overall has appeared on and off throughout the game as though she's wanting others to push the game forward rather than her do much herself. Maybe it's a playstyle thing? I don't think it's a pro-town thing though. For what it's worth, Mafia Traitor Owen refers to and talks of Elsa a lot in his short ISO and appears to townread her? I know we tread into WIFOM territory looking at his ISO, but it's worth pointing out I think.
On the other hand, I can absolutely see a scenario where scum!Cres has been lumped with an unknown traitor and a low activity partner. Lots of frustration over the lack of activity - maaaybe that's originating from her scum partner not being active and that's a cause for her anger. Her taking a break once votes got stacked against her is interesting timing. At times some of her posts have also bordered on feeling a bit appeal to emotion (like more or less implying how doomed the town is if she gives up or dies or whatever). I've noticed when people come after her she tends to aggressively attack and discredit more so than just defend herself. I asked before if her case against Elsa was the first time she had suggested it, because I found the timing of her coming out with that right after Elsa declared suspicion on her to be pretty convenient. But apparently Cres has said it before, I'll probably have to do a re-read and ISO there.
There's questionable stuff that Cres has posted but ultimately I think her frustration with town seems genuine and she does appear to be someone trying to solve the game.

Sorry for the blocks of text, wanted to get my thoughts out into the ether.

I'm still happy with BBT/Elsa launch today. NM as a policy. If you guys need to launch Gibus or Vivax I'd prefer it's Vivax, for the info, and also I dislike who is on Gibus's wagon.
I just remember him pestering me for an opinion and when I disagreed and voted him he threw me to the side like garbage. Maybe since we played together he thought I was easy to manipulate or something? I can be manipulated but only through jokes, gaslighting or stubbornness.

I also town read Toffee so it kinda puts us in an awkward moment where I'd have to compromise on you on NotMaf or more preferably Gibus. Think we can do that friend?
Yes, this is awkward. Is your Toffee town read mainly just because he's more talkative than Fish was?

If votes go onto NotMaf, I would join there but there seems to be pretty firm resistance there.
Gibus is a last resort preference over a no-launch, I think.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I mean so far it's DEFINITELY a townread on Toffee's actions and only because of Fish do I still have some minor doubts. Like with Crescent, if fish had another lurker as a partner with no Coach she could've just abandoned the game. Demotivated after the traitor is gone. Another certified Elsa theory.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1535, gibus wrote:
In post 1412, Elsa Jay wrote:With 2 days left, I expect the same final crunch we had day 1 to happen again. Maybe even the 8 wagons too. Tho with only 10 alive that becomes significantly harder to do.

I think we can at least agree who we are NOT eliminating today?

Nobody's really going for Alex, Eira, or me today, so I think we can take
those
3 out. Funnily enough the three of
them
are also the only ones not getting voted in the last VC either.

Corwin is more townread then Vivax who is more likely to get elimed between the two so he's safe too. Seems the Crescent stuff has also died now.

So that leaves us with Gibus, Toffee, NotMaf, Vivax, and Gera. Minus Toffee so far it matches what I think we should be between.

If your vote isn't on one of those you should probably get moving soon.
Strangr wording here. Why refer to herself in third person?
Sounds survivalistic while trying not to come off as such.
Can I get other people's thoughts on this?
Is town!Gibus onto something here or is scum!Gibus reaching? I feel like scum!Gibus could have thrown shade at so many other bigger things in Elsa's ISO but this is what stands out to him.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1571, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean so far it's DEFINITELY a townread on Toffee's actions and only because of Fish do I still have some minor doubts. Like with Crescent, if fish had another lurker as a partner with no Coach she could've just abandoned the game. Demotivated after the traitor is gone. Another certified Elsa theory.
Can you please stop providing sensible theories that I agree with, it makes it very difficult for me to launch you.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1539, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1538, Vivax wrote:The expectation that vig can shoot again isn't scummy.
That's not the slip I care about.
I feel like I missed something here, what's this relating to?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”