Mini 2274: Terminator: Salvation Game Over!

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Enchant »

Pooky basically stoled coalition idea but doubled it to hide fact of stealing.

Booo!
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:18 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 572, Fidget wrote: I do not have a terribly great inkling who the terminators are. I am nearly certain to include at least one. Unfortunate.

We only have one day though. I like.. EJJ, Aisa, NAHA, Loki. I suppose.
talk to me about Aisa and Loki
crap, there really isn't enough time for all of that

p.edit..... nvm you just did that
or not
can you elaborate more on both of them?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Fidget »

I have come to the conclusion that going to the past is probably where you want all of the town you can to go, because otherwise the game doesn't really make sense. Scum need an incentive to do something, and there has to be meaning to picking who goes and who doesn't. If it's a valid playstyle for scum to stay behind that's a bit strange considering it said we want town as leaders.

I don't think you should try to play PoE games with the pools because I am wary of what happens to the people who stay (and maybe the ones who go). But, it's your choice. We have 7 days to pick between the two teams, apparently.

pedit:

Sort of. Loki seemed genuinely locked in an ego battle with N-Hect, Aisa comes off as a pure being to me.... Loki I'm kinda still figuring out but they play a very distinct town game.

Lemme dig deeper just for you. Yeah it's their relationship with N-Hect, I think they're genuinely interested in the sort of... back and forth they're doing where they townread/scumread/townread/scumread back and forth according to various previous game performances. Loki bogged down like half their ISO with that, idk if it irks them as much as scum. Best I got.

Aija is kinda peaceful. I reread her ISO and didn't come up with anything. I might replace her with Gamma to be honest. I'm not sure what I like about Aisa other than that she's pleasant
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 557, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Event
Two:

Change the Past, Save the Future

Secret Resistance Base - 2026

Beep beep beep.....

The flashing comms message decrypts itself in front of your eyes.

Our crack scientists Pooky and Jingle have managed to create a time traveling vehicle that can get us 50 years into the past.

Congratulations on being selected as Leaders! You will have twenty four hours to select a crew of five people not including yourself to join you on this most dangerous mission.

Both crews will have seven days to familiarize themselves with the vehicle's configuration before they must launch for the past.

The goal is to time travel back to the Early 1980s and destroy Cyberdyne in Sunnyvale California and prevent Skynet from ever being created.

There is no way to get back home so this is good bye. Your sacrifice might secure a brighter future for the rest of humanity and prevent disaster.

Change the Past, Save the Future

Game Rules:

Leaders must select teams of Six to crew the vessel[A Leader must always select themselves for their own team, they also may not select the other leader] (Select by Healing Five Players) [24 Hour Deadline]

The Entire Game will vote on which team should go to the past. [Majority Vote Rules, 7 Votes Needed for Majority, Plurality with Seniority at Deadline] [7 Day Deadline]

The Team receiving the most votes will man the time machine to travel to the past.

If the selected team has no terminators in it. this game will immediately end in a victory for the Resistance.

If the selected team has at least one terminator on it, this game will continue and the consequences for humanity may be devastating.
Okay, so it’s like a coalition vote of sorts
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 569, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I need to get back to work, but NAHA, Loki, Fidget, Gamma, ???
In post 571, Enchant wrote:Add me in crew 5 times and that's it.
I wouldn’t object to me, Loki, Enchant, NAHA, Fidget being one of the options
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 535, Enchant wrote:Wait i have heal hammer?

HEAL: CSF
In post 534, Andante wrote:who is enchant replacing?
In post 536, Andante wrote:and that's a scum claim. good work
Serious or not?

I have so much work to do, but I read thru this instead. I am not a very bright nimbat. I hope you're not too busy today leaders, pretty constrained deadline.
In post 493, Radical Rat wrote:Out of the existing heal wagons, excluding myself, I'm still most comfortable with Andante by a long shot. Fidget or Loki maybe. Preferably Fidget.
You see something about me? I also am pining for more Andante deets if you have any to spare
In post 477, ejjinami wrote:compare your posting style to Rat’s. Rat is silent and possibly lurky until they find something they find very important (like a read). You can somewhat guess what prompted them to write each post as most of those seem to have personal importance to them.

Compared to that your ISO (especially early game) looked like a bundle of everything.
I do not understand the processes that spur me into action, but they are not out of a sense of duty. I feel duty towards... hm... hanging around ancient talking swords, oddly enough.
In post 370, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 358, Fidget wrote:RR comes off as not having takes in most of their posts, although when prompted by N-Hectic, they did give a sizable response, yeah.
I do want to say that I was actually in the process of writing 188 when "prompted" by They Who Shall Not Be Hectic. Which is why I gave the "Nah, not really" post as a direct response.
Lol. Very nice.
In post 495, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 188, Radical Rat wrote:Also, I thought the post cap being 150 per phase was high enough as to be largely inconsequential, but at the rate some of you are going... Yikes.

I stand by my Andante heal for now, she's overthinking things a bit, but looks plenty Town to me. Firebringer's point that he'd be electing her as scum is valid, but if scum wants to help elect a Townie as leader, I'm sure not gonna be the one to stop them.

I think Hectic is probably Town. Which is to say that the alt that ISN'T Hectic must not be. Really, just not a fan of all the grandstanding, feels like a spicy mix of LAMIST and Too Scummy To Be Scum, so they're off my list of viable leaders.

Firebringer I think is genuinely Town here, though largely gut at this point. Wouldn't want him as leader though, because while I do enjoy a good shitpost every now and then... I'd rather someone more reliable take the reins.

Ejj I could go either way on. Leaning Town for now.

Everyone else.... No terribly strong opinions on. Mildly sus of Penguin, but that's just like. A vague feeling, less than even gut
In post 496, NotAHecticAlt wrote:rr went from this to their current fabricated stance bc they see a chance to get power
This ties back to RR's read on you somehow..?

RR suspicion hasn't really gone anywhere for me. That's convenient when we're townhunting, sort of, but doesn't make me feel particularly confident about the possible identities of the terminators.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:38 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 577, Fidget wrote:Aija is kinda peaceful. I reread her ISO and didn't come up with anything. I might replace her with Gamma to be honest. I'm not sure what I like about Aisa other than that she's pleasant
lmao why haven't you played like that before XD
mmmmmmmm
crap, lemme see if I find enough time to look through Loki's ISO today. If not, definitely tomorrow. I didn't get those feelings when reading their thunderdome but that does potentially sound like a valid argument.

I'd seriously request a phase extention tho
it's not even enough to prod a person once
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 573, ejjinami wrote:
In post 567, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:ohhhh okay then that simplifies things a bit, since we don't have to decide who goes into which group

so we basically pick our top 5 townreads I think
I don’t think that’s the mechanically correct thing to do
It “feels” like it’s the right thing but frankly, that may be a huge landmine
I’d at least seriously consider choosing people who’d give the most benefits from getting them in a PoE

I’d also consider what the benefits of having the same players on both teams are
. Like- the team that remains in the present will surely have to do something as well

Lmao, I feel like if I chose the players I genuinely town-read, no fucking way I'm going to the future
people would be so mad
(and I'm actually not confident enough to do that... only for a few players :/)
tho lmao, happens.
that might be a better thing anyway
Not sure you're interpreting the rules correctly here. This said, not sure I'm interpreting the rules correctly here.

The way I see it:
1. Both you and CSF nominate crews of 6 each. Players can overlap between your selections.
2. We vote on which crew we want to "send to the past".
3. Though the game may or may not get split in some way, the non-selected crew has no special significance.

Example:
Ejjinami selects ejjinami, Bob, and Blah.
CSF selects CSF, Alice, and Blah.
We vote to send CSF's team to the past.
This
does not imply
that Ejji's team stays in the present and anyone not in either team gets yeeted out of the game. The game may or may not get split in some way, but I don't expect Ejji's selection to have any bearing at that point.

Again:
- I could be wrong
- It's not even clear your interpretation is different from mine
- Just thought I'd bring it up
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 579, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 569, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I need to get back to work, but NAHA, Loki, Fidget, Gamma, ???
Yeah but why/who is Enchant though? Roden.. I do not recall
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Aisa »

Ehm
So sorry
I kept clicking the submit button and it did not feel likeanything was being submitted, I will not do that again in the future and I will ask Pooky if anything can be done about this
So sorry x2

mod note: deleted multiples -Pooky
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:40 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 580, Fidget wrote:I have so much work to do, but I read thru this instead. I am not a very bright nimbat. I hope you're not too busy today leaders, pretty constrained deadline.
ironically, I am xd
that's also why I'm unhappy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 574, Fidget wrote:Interesting we have 7 days to deliberate the teams but basically a split second to choose. I have classwork right now, I'll see you again.

EJJ bleeds town to me. Aisa is not as strong, I think she's an excellent mediator and plays protown but technically could be passive scum since, nothing in the game has really forced scum to do much of anything yet. NAHA is probably town and the same goes for Loki. It's just kind of the best I got.

I like Gamma's posting but I specifically recall a theme game, maybe AI UPick, where he afked as scum and got crazy townread. I too remember games where he actively tries his hardest at scum. Not sure. I overall identify more with his lost impression of the early game though.
That must have been on your main because the only crossover between me and you on that account is a game I modded
<Embrace The Void>

ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:57 am

Post by ejjinami »

town
[NAHA, RR, Andante]
[FB]

seriously hesitant on:
[gamma, fidget, loki]

bottom PoE???
[PP, aisa, enchant, Toogeloo]

gun to the head- there's no more than 1 scum among [NAHA, RR, andante, FB]; 2-3 among [gamma, fidget, loki, PP, aisa, enchant, Toogel]
I've skimmed through some ISOs, the only important ones left are Fidget and Loki
tho that's seriously something for later

VOTE: phase extension
at least 24h please
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

So clearly an awful lot’s been happening since I last checked thread. @Gamma, I would have voted you had you started active posting earlier, so there just wasn’t enough time.

I would love to be on CSF’s team with Andante, Gamma, Fidget for now, so we need one or two more. NAHA? one more? Asia maybe?

I’m starting to wonder if I signed up for Coalition or Squid game again.

*takes parachute* :P

I don’t understand the srs on CSF and RR hard objecting to her being leader? Just why?

@Gamma wrt your question to me about FB. It’s probably mostly because he’s being so nice to me, so slight paranoia? \_0_/

VOTE: phase extension
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Andante »

ooh nice, picking TRs. I love how CSF was like "I'll just pick the people that voted me" like what? that is probably the worst logic you can have here tbh, like, if town was voted in, I'm gonna take a wild guess scum was like "ok must be on their good side, they're about to get power"

but uhh I hate coalition stuff, so whatever, I'm town though!!
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 577, Fidget wrote:I have come to the conclusion that going to the past is probably where you want all of the town you can to go, because otherwise the game doesn't really make sense. Scum need an incentive to do something, and there has to be meaning to picking who goes and who doesn't. If it's a valid playstyle for scum to stay behind that's a bit strange considering it said we want town as leaders.

I don't think you should try to play PoE games with the pools because I am wary of what happens to the people who stay (and maybe the ones who go). But, it's your choice. We have 7 days to pick between the two teams, apparently.

pedit:

Sort of. Loki seemed genuinely locked in an ego battle with N-Hect, Aisa comes off as a pure being to me.... Loki I'm kinda still figuring out but they play a very distinct town game.

Lemme dig deeper just for you. Yeah it's their relationship with N-Hect, I think they're genuinely interested in the sort of... back and forth they're doing where they townread/scumread/townread/scumread back and forth according to various previous game performances. Loki bogged down like half their ISO with that, idk if it irks them as much as scum. Best I got.

Aija is kinda peaceful. I reread her ISO and didn't come up with anything. I might replace her with Gamma to be honest. I'm not sure what I like about Aisa other than that she's pleasant
So do scum jump in a Delorean with Doc Brown and go to the future? Not trying to be flip being in Pooky games kind’ve does that to you.

But seriously, can you explain how time travel to the past makes sense with this game because that totally went over my head?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:07 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 591, Loki Dokie wrote: I would love to be on CSF’s team
that's not partnered
scum want to be spread, they're risking their lives here

it's not like this conclusion has any sort of use rn tho

I'm curious, why CFS?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 579, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Why not Andante though? Talk to me more about Enchant. I didn’t really get much of a sense from Roden.

Won reread, I think I get it, it’s like Divergence or something, we need to go back to the past to save the world from the terminators.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:08 am

Post by ejjinami »

actually, EVERYONE should write what teams they want to be on.
This should be seriously taken into account.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Andante »

if I'm even on a team, I do not want to be on CSF's team, CSF is maf so whatever team that is, is not passing the "coalition test"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

I wish to be on catch scratch fever team.
Seems like that one will be the fun team
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:11 am

Post by ejjinami »

who do you want your other teammates to be tho?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I volunteer to stay in the present. The past is scary, and I hear they don't have bridges.
<(") | (")>
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

Did ejji just flip me to a town read.
When and how did that happen
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:13 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 600, PenguinPower wrote:I volunteer to stay in the present.
why

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”