Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Faker »

I am very certain that you let the comment pass rather than single out that one to make a million hoops to jump through.

I found earlier arguments about over-the-top concerns vaguely credible, I actually thought they were likely fabricated just in how safe it was on Cakez's part.

Such wacky nuanced performances are usually either completely manufactured from the start (eg. over mechanics, over a reread, over a question) or in reaction to a high-pressure push. This was you randomly pulling this completely forgettable post of skitter's out of pocket and barely being ashamed in pushing garbage w/ that dart throw reaction.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by Faker »

I also noticed that you didn't find her reaction in very scummy; my bold guess is that you were probably impressed by the directness of telling you that it was a read you wanted rather than one with basis.

This is untrue IMO and you can say shit like that completely unpunished as scum.

That said I'd still burn Coral/Cakez over her so far so hey
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by Faker »

3450 is probably very hard to parse looking at it again, sorry.

Cakez had a read on you being over the top in some nuanced/conflicted posting you had near the start, iirc about mechanics. I could see why he might think this; I actually saw very little open malice from Cakez in it at all. I was more surprised that his reads were predictable and dull, which led me to wonder if he was just trying to spitball coast as scum. It is somewhat unfair of me to gutread it as scum.

My scumread on Cakez here is secondary: I concurred with him that your posting early could be over-the-top and a "look at me I'm thinking" performance.

I'd contrast that read early with skitter's reaction midgame. That was you pulling the most random and forgettable fucking post out of pocket that no one was ever going to follow you on. It's a lot harder to single posts like that out to put on such a wacky hem-hawing performance.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3448, Isis wrote:i'm not very interested in why it's wrong anymore, but why was it town
all of your posts are very town
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 483, SirCakez wrote:Ugh I want a tiara
Also traveling today won't really be around
Cakes just needs to buy a Tiara and his yacht invitation will change colors
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Aristeia »

if we follow the pavo rule

could the fact that nobody has even tried to murder Sir Cakes mean he has to be an uninvited guest?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 895, the worst wrote:This is a weird setup, and I don't think this looks like Isis approaching it as scum. less superficially she's made several decisions which cost favour in exchange for advancing reads (I'll say "anti-charismatic" decisions lahtough that isn't quite the right word). I think if she's pushing you to further an agenda, she's doing it in a way that isn't likely to misalign the game - similarly to how she's positing that i look like scum - it feels more like that's just the way she's processing our slots.

i think her argument about my semantic issue with my townread on her was, like, not accurate but felt like it came from a place of critical thinking rather than a place of deliberately overlooking things in order to achieve a certain read on me.

i don't really feel like isis pursuing these reads without pushing them while adding weight to the cakez wagon comes from a place of someone who is aligned with a scum in cakez/gamma.
VOTE: The Worst Coral

It was not obvious at all to me, even tracking every bit of nuance in it, that this was a T/T fight even with Isis confirmed town. and are vague garbage, and extremely bold claims for someone who is engaging with the game minimally. This is someone concerned with remaining a voice of reason and who knows how the scumflips in this setup work.

Combined with that one absolutely terrible sequence of Pav's I'm voting here. I strongly doubt I will change my mind.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Faker »

After page 38's back and forth with Aristeia I am convinced skitter is just born anti-Prism limbait. I'm sitting her in null because I have not once in my life consistently liked her posts and reasoning as town and as scum I have frequently had her nulltown.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 931, skitter30 wrote:ugh maybe i should drop this for now >.>

pedit that was about you, not gamma

i'm actually not sure it's inevitable at all? or like it's early enuf that i'm not sure it's inevitable at all

also btw what do u think about titus?
From my informed perspctive this looks very +town actually. There's some incentive for the Aristeia back/forth as scum, and she didn't have a lot of choice about the Isis one after she first commented.

I cannot for the life of me think why on earth she would find this post to be anything resembling acceptable play as scum.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 985, the worst wrote:VOTE: TUF actually this one speaks to my soul a little
In contrast I cannot for the life of me figure out why worst joins the most unashamedly survivalistic counterwagon.

This makes no fucking sense. The last thing I remember from the worst at this time is him voting Gamma and calling him under the radar. CTRL+F searching the last time he checked in he's working it from there being scum in Cakez/Gamma.

This read/vote progression is absolutely nonsensical and in conjunction with and from Pav which is still some of the worst distancing I have ever seen this slot needs to be burned.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Faker »

Any one of you who read Day 1 and came out of that with a townread on worst/Coral deserves a very simple fate for the collective good of the town, holy shit

Spoiler:
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Faker »

Might not be obvious what's so bad in a vacuum about worst's TUF vote there. It's a reaction to this vote from Gamma:
In post 983, Gamma Emerald wrote:actually how about this
VOTE: the ugly fruit
hasn't done much but what he has done, I'm not a big fan of
In post 985, the worst wrote:VOTE: TUF actually this one speaks to my soul a little
Where Gamma is the pot calling the kettle black and worst has never indicated liking a single thing of Gamma's all game, and his last post implying he heavily believed there was scum in Cakez/Gamma.

This is a dude who straight up sees scum in 0 danger Day 1 and is just making complete nonsense chaos votes.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 1013, the worst wrote:I'm gonna read the room and see if my vanity vote on TUF is cute or not then decide if I'm joining the Ari wagon
SOMEONE GO BACK TO THIS POINT IN TIME AND PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK THE WORST IS DOING AS TOWN EXCEPT ROTATING OUT NONSENSICAL VOTES

WHERE IS THE CAKEZ/GAMMA VOTE
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 1033, the worst wrote:this is kind of why i townread skitter actually. she's *talking* about those things, and using them as conversation pieces, but i feel like her actual votes/pushes have felt fueled by more significant alignment indicators? more like alerting them to her concerns and challenging them to explain/adapt which is less of an agenda tell and more of like, a tell that her thoughts are probably more likely to be genuine.

this is why i'm coming around on skitter. scum!skitter has a lot of ammunition to push people, and she's rarely afraid to make a push. i kinda just feel like she's parsing people instead of pushing them?
From a scum-skitter perspective, she was getting severely pressured by Isis/Aristeia in the dialogues this is referencing. When she seems in the clear, she follows it up on a vote with Aristeia and starts pushing that slot+challenging her on the Gamma vote.

This is an absolute garbage read and the parsing vs. pushing distinction is non-existent. I can go further here where I assume it is in good faith and rip it apart but I will not, I think it's completely fake.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 1057, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm definitely perplexed by the worst moving off of a leading Gamma wagon to a vanity Fruit vote, feel like even without reading anything I can tell that's not a game advancing move so I want to look into why he made that switch
This is a complete and unqualified apology to GuiltyLion for tearing into him the other day about the Isis defense

Between this and the Pavowski vote progression we are like siblings, only closer

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm wrapping up through page 50 and calling it a night.

I haven't quite gotten there yet but I feel like doing my review now so: I think it's clear that I scumread Coral's slot based off of tw/Pavowski and the more I read the more I, shockingly, like skitter. I haven't paid that much attention to Meuh (partially because the icon similarity make me accidentally skim her as conf-town Aristeia, F) but still feel very good about marcistar's continued confidence, banter, and total lack of difficulty in her interactions. I can probably track through her reads at a later date but shrug.

I cannot for the life of me see why skitter keeps going with Aristeia as scum here. I also laughed at a lot of this later exchange which is classic Aristeia shoving her head in the sand and not giving a shit about things that go against her worldview.

Cakez is kind of just there. He tagged onto GL's post about tw's votemove but I wasn't really impressed by it, very reactionary and unclear to me how his reads are progressing at all.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3465, Faker wrote:classic Aristeia shoving her head in the sand and not giving a shit about things that go against her worldview.
this made me giggle so I made this funny meme for you.

Spoiler: For Faker
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:27 am

Post by Titus »

Sorry, I forgot to VLA.

I still need to VCA here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3033, Aristeia wrote:I colored in the VCs in excel for Titus to analyze ^_^

Spoiler: Colored VCs

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Isis »

In post 3451, Faker wrote:I also noticed that you didn't find her reaction in very scummy; my bold guess is that you were probably impressed by the directness of telling you that it was a read you wanted rather than one with basis.

This is untrue IMO and you can say shit like that completely unpunished as scum.

That said I'd still burn Coral/Cakez over her so far so hey
I thought the top part of the post was a bit towny and didn't know what to make of the bottom part
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:10 am

Post by Isis »

It was not a crazy towny post but "that post is towny" is memy after "you want to scumread me" yknow
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Mod/Game: V/LA until Monday

I'm at Electric Forest in Michigan and will hopefully be able to check in on the game in the mornings and play a lil bit but unsure how my service will be and definitely won't be able to play most of the time
In post 3434, Isis wrote:i have this little evil recurring thought of lim cakez and if that doesn't work agonize over which side of skitter-meuh to do
this is actually where I am currently. I wanted to get further on my reread (and will try to as I'm in the car on this last leg of the journey) and synthesize everything everyone's been saying on D3, but through 65 pages I kinda feel like Cakez is the best vote.

If Faker is town, it's a good vote
If skitter/Meuh is TvT, it's a good vote

and I wanna see whether anyone is townreading Cakez and doesn't want to vote there
VOTE: SirCakez
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3388, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3376, GuiltyLion wrote:I dunno I'm still trying to parse out how I feel overall

I think if I had to take a preliminary stab at it I'd go town to scum
marci->Coral->skitt->Meuh->Faker->Cakez

but these are all very close to each other and Faker/Cakez (while not impossible) doesn't quite scream correct solve to me
I really, really think meuh should be higher/first on this list
also Skitt am I misunderstanding this or are you saying you think Meuh is the most townie of the uncleared players?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

she is voting for Meuh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 3428, Isis wrote:
In post 1806, Coral wrote:I admit that marci does have quite good vibes from what I've read. I'm a little surprised by the level of nuance your reasoning has given how you believed nobody would listen to it. Looking at the timeline of UglyFruit's posts in comparison to marci's that you've quoted, the narrative checks out.

I do think that people often have an investment in helping welcome their newbie friends to the game and have a tendency to make excuses for them. My gut feeling would be that marci as scum would be less likely to stick her neck out for him, but I'm not sure on that. I can see, though, how the progression could have scum motivation, with the move to discredit after UglyFruit begins to scumread her
In post 1807, Coral wrote:I guess I'm actually still a little hung up on why you were so fatalistic about people not listening to you

i don't see any previous mention of why you find marci to be scum in your ISO, between 1534 and now, at least. that would make the self-comparisons to Beat a tad premature, no? my understanding was that Beat expressed reads and reasons, felt nobody listened to them, got dejected and shut down. you expressed a read without reasons despite the reason being actually pretty good, and then said that you understood the lack of engagement and agency that beat was feeling, and said that nobody would follow you onto a marci vote.

I think I may be coming back around to finding that line to be performative
This 2 post sequence reads really towny to me. It's risky to do this thing where you analyze this feature and reserve judgement on how to interpret it, then kind of interpret it live, as scum, it might not come off natural, and it looks really natural here. There's no logical disconnects. And it all really seemed like an excercise in academic integrity or something because my slot didn't feel like it mattered much at the time.

I think it's her towniest bit to me, but bear in mind it's ladled onto a baseline of believing worst to be town so when I talk about the read being strong all the time, there's that.
Idk if I really see that here. It feels more like Coral giving her stamp of approval on your read and going, "well done Isis!" without agreeing with it, instead arguing mostly in favor of Marci, while still keeping that door open.

If scum, it would be because agreeing with the read would step out of line from her mentioning earlier she didn't like your vibes, and because Marci was townread by most on day 1 iirc. (This would also make sense in a Coral/Marci pair, which I haven't ruled out)

Also, the way she pivots into the inconsistency with people not listening to you makes me feel like she was trying to shade you in a way that didn't come off as too intense. feels like it's softening the blow of and deliberately engaging with you in a way you'd like if that makes any sense?? But also the progression from the 2 posts feels pretty natural so idk. I'm very much reading these posts from a Coral scum POV and that's more what I'm considering.
Like the posts have good vibes but I feel like they could very much be motivated by a scum agenda? So hmm.
Spoiler:

Return to “Completed Open Games”