Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Isis »

*was the one
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Coral »

i talked myself into it, mostly. skitter seemed consistently like she was engaging with the game and with me in a reasonable, towny way. meuh felt like she was flowing from place to place opportunistically. i didn't trust meuh had good intentions because i didn't feel like her thoughts were progressing organically

but I know skitter is a good scum player who is good at faking being reasonable.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Coral »

i do still have the original issues I had with skitter's play d1 and d2. i still can see how she could have been pushing down on people who scumread pavowski while looking like she was hard chainsawing for gamma to set up a false associative. but my heart's not in it anymore. I townread her d3 play. but it's possible that read is wrong.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 4776, Coral wrote:who is good at faking being reasonable.
wait, what? how does one "fake being reasonable"???
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Andante »

In post 4777, Coral wrote:I townread her d3 play. but it's possible that read is wrong.
if you TR her.. why is your first instinct to go "but I might be wrong!!!"

like, it FEELS like you're trying to be like "uhhh I know my actions don't point there, but... yeah!!! mislim skitter!!!"
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Coral »

i would have been voting skitter from (where I would have unvoted Faker) to somewhere around if I had been using my vote. which I realize now that I probably should have, as it would make it easier for you all to sort me, but i just wasn't really thinking about that at the time.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Andante »

Well cause of this, in addition to my TR, I will directly oppose a skitter lim
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Coral »

In post 4778, Andante wrote:
In post 4776, Coral wrote:who is good at faking being reasonable.
wait, what? how does one "fake being reasonable"???
i don't really understand the question. many players are good at faking town progressions, conceding points where they logically make sense, stuff like that. i felt like I had a back and forth argument with skitter where I was in the right and she was in the wrong, and after a few rounds back and forth she basically stepped back and realized that i was right. i found that towny of her to do.

but i do think she's capable of faking that progression as scum. and if she is scum it probably was designed exactly to get me to townread her, and it worked
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Andante »

In post 4782, Coral wrote:i don't really understand the question.
you said skitter was good at "faking being reasonable" and I was asking what that meant, cause in my definition of being reasonable... it's not really something you can fake...
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Coral »

In post 4779, Andante wrote:
In post 4777, Coral wrote:I townread her d3 play. but it's possible that read is wrong.

like, it FEELS like you're trying to be like "uhhh I know my actions don't point there, but... yeah!!! mislim skitter!!!"
my first instinct is to continue to push for meuh. my final instinct is to accept that my current reads are not infallible. i know you haven't been here very long, but skitter has been my top scumread for most of the game, and on d2 i was even kind of viewing the game through a lens of what would make sense alongside skitter being scum.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Andante »

In post 4782, Coral wrote:i felt like I had a back and forth argument with skitter where I was in the right and she was in the wrong, and after a few rounds back and forth she basically stepped back and realized that i was right. i found that towny of her to do.
so instead of a town realizing they were wrong, she's maf faking that? what about maf backing down from conflict after realizing wrong? I don't get this "faking being reasonable" thing
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 4753, Aristeia wrote:im currently here:

we yeet coral

if game over yay

if skitter escapes yeet cakes

if cakes escapes yeet skitter

if faker escapes yeet in marci/meuh

if marci escapes yeet faker

if meuh escapes yeet faker

does that make sense?
This is like exactly what I'm thinking at this point
Lim in {Cakez, Coral, Skitter}, then if another one of them escapes, lim the third
If {Marci, Faker} escapes, lim the other I guess (this isn't gonna happen though)

imo just lim whichever one of Skitter/Coral has the most partner equity so we don't have to deal with that possibility tomorrow. So Skitter might be better than Coral because of Faker's push?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Andante »

In post 4784, Coral wrote:

my first instinct is to continue to push for meuh. my final instinct is to accept that my current reads are not infallible. i know you haven't been here very long, but skitter has been my top scumread for most of the game, and on d2 i was even kind of viewing the game through a lens of what would make sense alongside skitter being scum.
Ok, so your instinct is to solely push for meuh? you do realize, meuh is going to have a partner right? you just said you had a TR on skitter for parts of the game? so even though she was a TR, the reasons to TR aren't stronger than reasons to SR?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Coral »

In post 4785, Andante wrote:
In post 4782, Coral wrote:i felt like I had a back and forth argument with skitter where I was in the right and she was in the wrong, and after a few rounds back and forth she basically stepped back and realized that i was right. i found that towny of her to do.
so instead of a town realizing they were wrong, she's maf faking that? what about maf backing down from conflict after realizing wrong? I don't get this "faking being reasonable" thing
that's another way of putting it, I guess. but you can read the posts yourself, if you like. . there's a tone to it that would have to be intentionally faked if skitter was scum. but i think she is capable of doing so.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3558, skitter30 wrote:Ahhhhhhhh i read that post and changed my mind, i'm leaning towards not-scum now

I'm going back and forth on this one a bit >.>

And i think if i'm actually being honest i might be subconsciously lumping u in with meuh because i'm annoyed i'm getting scumread, which isnt right or helpful

I need to take a step back and think abt this some more
so you read this... and went "the tone = town" like, you just threw this GIANT wall at skitter. not curious about what parts made skitter change her mind, cause you're saying "I TRed this, but now I think the tone was faked"

I read that and go, definitely could be maf realizing their "easy push isn't so easy"

I'm just struggling on your progression with skitter here, it's not making sense
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Coral »

In post 4787, Andante wrote:
In post 4784, Coral wrote:

Ok, so your instinct is to solely push for meuh? you do realize, meuh is going to have a partner right? you just said you had a TR on skitter for parts of the game? so even though she was a TR, the reasons to TR aren't stronger than reasons to SR?
you are welcome to read my posts at any time you'd like to where you can see me considering partners for meuh.

logically, i think the reasons to SR probably do actually outweigh the reasons to TR. but like i said, my heart's not really in it anymore. my heart is often wrong. i also think that meuh and skitter are unlikely scum together, so a SR on meuh means more of a TR on skitter. if people that I know are town tell me that they don't think meuh is scum, that erases part of the reason for me to TR skitter.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm around and willing to vote either Coral or Skitter

probably slight preference for Skitter all things considered

I still think whoever is scum is scum with Cakez given that everyone in the unclears is seemingly willing to vote nearly everyone else in the unclears except for Cakez
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Andante »

Like, I don't think Coral throws a wall at a scum partner like that. but I'm struggling to believe Coral is town, also that post in isolation is a terrible look for skitter, but I'm ignoring that right now... I don't understand what coral is doing in regards to skitter, like none of it is making sense
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Coral »

In post 4789, Andante wrote:
In post 3558, skitter30 wrote:Ahhhhhhhh i read that post and changed my mind, i'm leaning towards not-scum now

I'm going back and forth on this one a bit >.>

And i think if i'm actually being honest i might be subconsciously lumping u in with meuh because i'm annoyed i'm getting scumread, which isnt right or helpful

I need to take a step back and think abt this some more
so you read this... and went "the tone = town" like, you just threw this GIANT wall at skitter. not curious about what parts made skitter change her mind, cause you're saying "I TRed this, but now I think the tone was faked"

I read that and go, definitely could be maf realizing their "easy push isn't so easy"

I'm just struggling on your progression with skitter here, it's not making sense
i asked her which parts changed her mind in . i didn't trust it immediately. i liked her response in . i also had been starting to feel doubts about my TR on meuh at the time, and then meuh i felt started acting more suspiciously and opportunistically, and it all kind of coalesced together to make me feel like I was viewing the game from the completely wrong angle
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Coral »

In post 3778, Coral wrote:One thing that I think is interesting is that based on their positions and the way that Meuh was talking about skitter, at the time I felt like skitter had pocketed Meuh. But looking more closely now, I don't really see a lot of evidence for that. I think there's more cases where Meuh could be following skitter onto things than the other way around.
this was another moment that made me kind of pause and feel like I was viewing skitter vs meuh from the wrong side, as I was looking back and evaluating meuh's progressions
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Isis »

In post 4791, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm around and willing to vote either Coral or Skitter

probably slight preference for Skitter all things considered

I still think whoever is scum is scum with Cakez given that everyone in the unclears is seemingly willing to vote nearly everyone else in the unclears except for Cakez
aaaaaaaa
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

idk are we all set on Coral lim being better than Skitter lim?

at this point I just want flip(s) really
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't know if I think scum!Coral fakes this long D3 progression of evolving a skitter scumread into a skitter townread

even in her first version of final thoughts in she says the same stuff about skitter as she's saying now

I don't think scum that's on the verge of losing thinks through all that, and it feels consistent
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm worried we're going to lose to like... Faker/Cakez
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4799 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

one thing I meant to check up on and failed to do was how and why Faker went from "CAKEZ IS SCUM" D2 prior to Pav flip to "Cakez is the most mislimmable man alive" on D3 and beyond

Return to “Completed Open Games”