Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I think my opinion hasn't changed with the rep
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

What would change your opinion?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:48 pm

A different D1
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:52 pm

what happened in D1?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:54 pm

Pooky seemingly towntold dwlee and ignored your slot
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:55 pm

How did he do that?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:59 pm

He pocketed dwlee pretty hard
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:20 pm

In post 230, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Dwlee going after Marci feels like Batman going after the Joker

I love that zero hesitation go on the hunt style play
In post 231, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 230, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Dwlee going after Marci feels like Batman going after the Joker

I love that zero hesitation go on the hunt style play
Spoiler: me rn
This? This is an OBVIOUS pocket for town to fall for — especially emotionally sensitive town like Dwlee. I doubt they will really fall for that.

Even if you think you have this game pinned down, please humor me for a bit. It would be unfun if I replaced into a game and then not allowed to play because you refuse to change my mind. :(
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Will you listen if I get everyone to townread me? If I can get Meuh and Faker to townread me, would you trust them about me?

That goes to you too Dwlee, if you're town. I'll be open to discussion.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm still not sure why this is clearly fake. Meuh and I both keyed in a single exchange between marcistar/Dwlee99 as comparatively unlikely.

There are plenty of other exchanges that are absolutely plausible. For example, Dwlee99 is at one point discussing Pooky joining SGB (Which, while Pooky obviously never actually does it, would be scum autoloss).

I also key in on another sequence of marcistar/Dwlee99, which happens after Dwlee99 jumps into the game with her:
In post 1062, Faker wrote:Anyway that was just my slow-thinking, chewing on the game over time conclusion. I'll try to actually get into the nitty gritty soon.

For now I think this quote is very relevant and worth bringing back up. Now that marcistar is confirmed scum, this interaction should be more useful to someone else.
In post 983, Faker wrote:Silver bullet selling points [on Dwlee99 town] for me are 83 and 93 from marci in reaction to a point of Dwlee's. They're immediately defensive, then pivot towards the more aggressive. I think there's very good reason to believe this set in particular isn't S/S theater: Having locked in, Dwlee99 was confirmed to be going against her at this point.
I'd again be pleasantly surprised if this is S/S.
I don't at all think these are all impossible to fake. Comparing them to the resume of the other players this game, though, it's hard to really see this as the best answer or the one that makes the most sense.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Faker »

We also have about ~27 hours. We can kick me out whenever, but it really is crunch time for SGB.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:08 pm

okay then at least we recognize that it's possible. good. i think if the first idea is to immediately bus (as how you can characterize dwlee's immediate tunnel on marci), the logical next place is to develop it so that it looks genuine, no?

also, if im voted off the game, is it still possible to win if we can get only one scum? (marci)
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by Faker »

No. We vote out the exact scum in yourself, Dwlee99, and Dragons or we lose.

The idea that it might be fake or that they might have put in the effort to do a good/clean job isn't personally going to get far with me. It might with others.

I don't get to vote, so my opinion isn't particularly important. For my perspective, though, I prefer an affirmative reason for why Dwlee99 is actively scummy, rather than that they are plausibly scum and playing cleanly/well. I already know that.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Faker »

You also asked me about Dragons' scum meta. I've never seen him play scum. I know that what I've seen here differs very little from what I saw in D&C, but this isn't saying much. It is trivial to give 3-4 one liners every other day for a week.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:20 pm

Post by Faker »

I also haven't seen you actually engage with the substantive points at all, despite Meuh going out of her way to link them to you and me bothering to collate them for you again.

It's not clear that you are actually interested in solving the two slots. Right now it looks like you coinflipped which one to push based off of page 1 and don't care to look at any counterarguments.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 pm

Uhm... The point is Meuh and you thinks that Dwlee and marci can't be partners because of their interaction, yeah? I have actually engaged in it by saying that it's a play that i would expect in this setup and i think the fact that dwlee went so hard with so little right at the beginning of the game points towards it being a play. Also, both of you admit that it's not impossible to fake and I think I have already established motivation to why they would develop the tunnel to be more believable.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Faker »

I would encourage you to actually click the links in the post.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:33 pm

In post 1139, Faker wrote:It's not clear that you are actually interested in solving the two slots.
Also, I've underlined my reason to favor Dwlee over StD? What do you mean here? What do you actually want more from me?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 1120, humaneatingmonkey wrote:at least StD's scumread is substantiated by the fact that Pooky never mentioned my slot (not sure if this is actually accurate, I've only been reading Std and Dwlee's combined ISO) so I can understand extrapolating that my slot is scum. Iz logical.
Dwlee only said it could be me in #826 after StD has already heavily decided that I'm scum in #815 and there's a lack of sorting STD in Day 2 — i think to avoid derailing StD's choo choo train because he's pretty set on my slot being scum.
Your interpretation of 815 is not correct. It is Dragons hedging his read after stating that he currently believed it to be myself and Dwlee99 in 813.

Dragons then refused to explain this teamread whatsoever despite me asking for it for the next ~30 minutes.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Faker »

815 from Dragons is actually a really bad post, both at the time and now. It's why I tried to get some sort of explanation from him repeatedly.

It comes off of Meuh starting to buy Dwlee's slot as scum, and she then tries her hand at working backwards to figure out a partner. She comes down a bit on the side of not partnered but scum-Dwlee (ie. +scum for Faker)

Dragons then swoops in, drops that terrible one liner and refuses to provide any justification whatsoever. It's horribly opportunistic play that he hides by doing the same shit as town.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Faker »

813 from Dragons*
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Faker »

I still think these slots are basically coinflips. I feel bad for not being able to get something more solid on RH9: There are a lot of things I want to find damning about his play, but I frankly don't have the confidence to call it. Dragons has given essentially zero reason to townread him all game other than "told Faker no that one time."

Rough times.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by Faker »

I dunno. Maybe I should have taken the Meuh reasoning as being Dragons' own concurring reasoning, would have been nice if he said that, but instead I got arbitrarily stonewalled and had a great time.

I like that explanation more than the opportunistic one, though.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:13 pm

Post by Faker »

Yeah, I think that works actually. With that I'm back to leaning RH9/HEM.

Dragons hits most of the simple boxes in interactions with me, perspective on Dunnstral+D&C diagnostic lines up. Doubling down on the swap comment being irrelevant is minor but bold as scum. Progression from Dwlee spewed town to Dwlee+Faker is questionable, see 704. I telegraphed that I was expecting more paranoia but it's not nonsensical or blatantly fake. Not actually engaging with marcistar's posts and just dismissing her as possible LHF with zero effort was also rough, when you have that fear time to hit the ISO instead of using fear as a refuge for being wrong.

In contrast I think RH9's PoE read should in fact be damning. I think he realized that Penguin hadn't posted and that it was impossible and tried to salvage it after that fact. I think that a RH9/marcistar swap 100% makes sense, and I didn't find the buddying comments to her clearing. I think his followup questions this game were often lacking. I
do
think he made the catboi comment with the intent to stir up some guilt or fear of inferiority in me hoping to get me to swap the read. Checking against reality, it's ambiguous whether the claim that catboi is more accurate even holds up: catboi had a very hard time reading RH9 in Holiday Dance, at one point scumread him/grilled him, and left off with RH9 in null. RH9 expressed confidence in catboi's read on him in that game, but that game should have challenged that idea if RH9 remembered it.

I do find this game very hard, though, and I do find it difficult to come down one way or another on the interactions with marcistar (Marci coming to Dragons' defense when I was sharply critical, Marci dialoguing about me buddying RH9)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:17 pm

what can i do to make people see that i'm town

or rather what can i do so that the blame's no longer on me if we lose this by being miselimmed.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”